• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Community :^)

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Communities tie people together. To define rather,

'A feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.'

Community is frequently in state of conflict. With opposing opinions, and the likes. Everyone have their own stance, and well. It's simple to explain by sections.

Community's stance on P2W

* Multiple individuals feel convinced that Kakao implemented a cash shop that started to increase overly more P2W. They started to become nervous, and started protesting on the forum to try to get the publishers to remedy the issues, and or provide alternative solutions to the situation. They wants an alternative solution to purchasing items without using real world currencies.

* Then there are others who feel relatively fine with how the game is, and don't see any potential pay to win capability within the game. Some suggests the concept that the items on the pearl shop only provide their own advantage that do not interrupt the experience of the players, such as pets auto-looting, or maid carrying storage item back to town for the players.

* Then these are those who are undecided, and doesn't seem to care much. They are fine with cash shop, since they may be just people who came online to play the game to try to entertain themselves.

Community's stance on PvP

* While Black desert online is a Sandbox MMORPG, many players will generally laugh at anyone who attempted to do open-world PvP. Or in their words, griefing someone to steal them of their grinding spot. This part of community wanted less penalty for fighting someone in open world, and make being a bandit more profitable. They rather wants a weaker karma penalty, than strong one.

The other section of community advocate the concept that open world PVP is laughable idea, and thinks most PVP should remain behind guild wars, RBF, and duelling ring. They think that PVP should not interact with PvE, and generally suggests penalty to punish PvPers even aggressively. They tend to disregard, and believe everyone should share the grindspots, holding the value of sharing heavily.

* The undecided do not care rather they get into PvP, or not. They do not have much to worry about. Some would rather try to enjoy both aspect of the game itself, PvE, and PVP core alike. 

Community's  stance on communication with publishers

* Several players feel inclined to be convinced that publishers are not being active in communication between the community, and the publishers itself. They feel neglected, and ignored. Some think the attempt to reach out is pointless, and somewhat believes this could be the end of Black desert online. The attempt to contact the publishers, or get the attempt of publishers is futile, and community mangers will not come.

* The half feel perfectly acceptable with the communication, and thinks it's not too bad. The players believe that communication is going well, and not heavily detailed. They try to keep themselves up to date, and usually submits reports to the supports for information, and fixing their characters. The attempt to contact the publishers is possible, but feel inclined they're very busy, and thinks they would love to talk to community more.

* The undecided do not have much questions, aside that they may not frequent the forum very often, or don't care about communication too much. 

Community's stance on RNG

* Some players think the RNG is too harsh, and need a sorting. They thinks the system should be reworked to not be as punishing, and allows easier progression to try to catch up to strongest players in the game, or '1%' playerbase. They were convinced that publishers would cater the game to the NA/EU, and believes RNG would be adjusted to be merciful on the players as they're not big fan of grind.

* Those players want the RNG as it is, and think RNG is important factor to determine players' subcategory. They believe that if you're lucky, you deserve it. Holding the value that strongest players should have best luck, to stay ahead of the game, and to be considered the best of the best.  They holds the idea that RNG makes everything interesting, and competitive to see who can be the best players.

* The undecided don't care much on RNG. They might get upset, or rejoice depending if the RNG is in their favor. They're there to try to get away from reality afterall.

Community's stance on Awakening

* Some are in complete uproar over how Kakao 'fails their promise to release multiple awakening', and heavily worries that classes that got their awakening already will start to dominates the non-awakening. Causing a major shift in imbalance, and power-creeps until all other classes get their awakening weapons. [Wizard/Witches have no awakening weapons released in KR as of note.] These players want 'All awakening, or none!' instead of one-by-one.

* Several accepts that this may have to be. Some views it as an opportunity to level their characters to 56 before their awakening, giving them time to prepare, and learning what to expect. They may be faced with dealing with Awakened players, but they will be more prepared when their awakening finally comes by. At least, they might find a way to counter the Awakening players.

* The undecided do not have much stance on it, other than not minding too much about the one-by-one release. They'll enjoy when their awakening comes.

Community's stance on Classes

* They believe some classes need better nerfs, and some classes need some buff. For an instance, some players think Rangers should have hitcounts with the shotgun skills, or Berserkers' grapple should be countered. They also hold that Wizards' healing should be disabled if engaged in PVP combat. 

* Some players think class-balancing is alway the ongoing conflict, and accepts that MMORPGs game will alway have balancing issues. They will generally try to advocate some classes, even if it's the one they don't plays to be buffed, or in attempt to get their own classes balanced out.

* The undecided prefers to play the game at his pace, and rather do what he likes to do. Not caring much what would happen.

Get in here, get comfy, and stop trying to create more threads. I'm surprised we didn't even make a mega-thread about many discussions. So come on in, and get comfy. :^)

Let be honest, we have too many threads. Let just reduce it down to maybe this thread. I dunno mate. :^)

Skullcat is an ultimate moron of the internet, and we all hate him for it. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

tl;dr version?

Edited by Jylin
1 person likes this

Posted

Lets get started: Source?

2 people like this

Posted

tl;dr version?

Community is upset over everything, and happy over everything.

Basically if community is a person. It would be mega-tsundere.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm sorry, what you're trying to say seem to be good, but i cannot read that much : (

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

the "time spent" to "returns" ratio on this thread is too damn high 

Edited by Dremlock
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't quite understand the point of this thread. What are you trying to accomplish?

1 person likes this

Posted

Lets get started: Source?

Source is my will to live, Plunge..

I don't quite understand the point of this thread. What are you trying to accomplish?

More of containment thread than anything else. Actually to avoid generating too many same threads that's going on this month.

the "time spent" to "returns" ratio on this thread is too damn high 

I know. I'm the moron alright. :^)

I'm sorry, what you're trying to say seem to be good, but i cannot read that much : (

TL:DR - The community is basically upset on multiple field. Just have a conversation in here, instead of creating a new thread, and ranting over there. :^)

Posted

I'm not really upset about anything though! Surely I think there are some improvements that can be made to the game to make it less stressful for everyone while enchanting and make newer players feel like they atleast have a chance in hell to catch up to the vets at some point but overall I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. People on the forums can cry about all the random BS they want but they're almost always the same handful of people. 

Posted

And what exactly is the point of that wall if text?

Posted (edited)

I'm not really upset about anything though! Surely I think there are some improvements that can be made to the game to make it less stressful for everyone while enchanting and make newer players feel like they atleast have a chance in hell to catch up to the vets at some point but overall I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. People on the forums can cry about all the random BS they want but they're almost always the same handful of people. 

Pretty much, but then there's new folks that come onto forum, and creates the thread. Generating more buttons, more searches, and well - Nothing can be exactly specified. Might as well create a mega-thread, to at least reduce the effect of multiple threads of complaints.

And what exactly is the point of that wall if text?

Generally to stance things around. To give everyone idea of what's people's approach on certain subject, on idea, beliefs, and the likes. These come into three category; opposing, accepting, and neutral. But I tried to not make it a giant block of texts by adding spoilers. :^) 

Edited by Skullcatron

Posted

As to the first point you missed a group. There are also those of us who know it is p2w and are ok with that. /shrug  M

Posted

As to the first point you missed a group. There are also those of us who know it is p2w and are ok with that. /shrug  M

They're actually on there. They're classified Undecided! :^) 

'* Then these are those who are undecided, and doesn't seem to care much. They are fine with cash shop, since they may be just people who came online to play the game to try to entertain themselves.'

Posted

I don't get the point of this thread... it's like a thread trying to say there are too many threads and the answer is to create a thread about it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't get the point of this thread... it's like a thread trying to say there are too many threads and the answer is to create a thread about it.

Only solution to the fire is to create, obviously, more fire!

except I kind of want to convert this into a mega-server. You get me, fam? No? Okay. I'll go cry over there in the corner, don't mind me.

Posted

where's that xzibit meme when you need one

Posted

The "community" part about this topic is a joke.

1 person likes this

Posted

There we go

19qyq8.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

The "community" part about this topic is a joke.

And your attempt to meet Goku in real life is also a joke.

But I beat you anyway. My will to live is the ultimate joke, a gift to humanity.

There we go

19qyq8.jpg

Ayyyylmao. :^)

And I must get ready to fill my meme-folders soonTM

3 people like this

Posted

They're actually on there. They're classified Undecided! :^) 

'* Then these are those who are undecided, and doesn't seem to care much. They are fine with cash shop, since they may be just people who came online to play the game to try to entertain themselves.'

Oh, sorry lol....my bad. M

Posted

Oh, sorry lol....my bad. M

It's fine. Welcome to the thread. Get comfy. Have a cup of coffee, and laugh at us trying to post memes.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0