• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Give us BAMS or give us death!

67 posts in this topic

Posted

Didnt PA make Tera?  I want BAMS (big ass monsters). My warrior needs to feel epic in Pve land too:(

Discuss

3 people like this

Posted

lol. They should add dungeons while they're at it.

2 people like this

Posted

no.

2 people like this

Posted

Make that giant treant fightable and the mutant ogre/troll killable. Done.

2 people like this

Posted

Troll, obvious, is

Posted

Troll, obvious, is

Im actually not lol. I really do like the BAMS in Tera. Sure we have scroll bosses. Thats close

1 person likes this

Posted

Give us gunner and brawler as well too!

Posted

Didnt PA make Tera? 

A part of Pearl Abyss worked at Continent of the Ninth.

They would have enough monsters with the three Treants, the dragon above Kaia Mountain, Black Shadow at Trina Fort, Ancient Ator somewhere in the desert and all the other monsters they removed / hinted at.

And aren't the world and field bosses BAMs? Or is there a difference between those?

The Troll can be killed, at least in Korea. Though it takes them 40 minutes with elephants, siege weapons and tons of players with awakenings.

Posted

Technically, if they gave us BAMS, they would be giving us death... so players would die. Ehehehehuehue. What? I thought it was clever.

Posted

This^. We so need dungeon. 5-man instances, new loots, more RNG.

I'm sure it's already part of the drawing board just a matter of when.

Posted

oh yes bams with the insane desync/lag that we have would be awesome

maybe they should invest the money in better servers instead

Posted

There is nothing epic anymore about BAMs in Tera. Maybe years ago, when a BAM fight was indeed a fight, that actually required a group and took time. Now virtually anyone with semi-decent gear can solo them, you really have to try hard to fail on them.

I guess you are talking about "regular" BAMs, and not real dungeon / raid bosses (that's a different story, although some +15 chaps can actually solo-duo some of those too). I am not sure what the equivalent would be in BDO, but the "elites" we have strolling around aren't that much different I would say.

And yes indeed, Tera is still my "main MMO", since head start, so I believe I know a little bit about BAMs there (open world, alliance, vanguard, "world boss" ones).

Posted

Bluehole studios Developed Tera not PA.

1 person likes this

Posted

lol I tried to solo that purple named/mutant ogre.  Spent 30 min with zero progress so left.

Posted (edited)

What is a bam? you have to more detailed all the monsters are big

Edited by p2ww

Posted

i could see dungeons being added later on wayyyy down the line, after all other content has been released.

Posted

BCNM/NM/HNM is what you're thinking of.

Posted

This^. We so need dungeon. 5-man instances, new loots, more RNG.

I'm sure it's already part of the drawing board just a matter of when.

I haven't seen them mention or include dungeons on any of the coming updates. Maybe I missed it but seeing all the updates that people on the forums ae providing, there has been no mention of it. We however, do need dungeon system. Open world bosses are a joke right now.

Posted (edited)

BAMS yes, Dungeons.... play Vindictus or Blade and Shop

What we really REALLY need is a toggle for Combat XP

Edited by Tsumetai

Posted

And aren't the world and field bosses BAMs? Or is there a difference between those?

You have no clue what BAM is if you can compare them to any kind of boss in BDO.

Posted (edited)

What is a bam? you have to more detailed all the monsters are big

I think he means GW2 dragon style, big ass bosses; Tequatl, The shatterer Etc..Heck, even Riders of Icarus massive world bosses would be cool.

Edited by Slasher

Posted

You have no clue what BAM is if you can compare them to any kind of boss in BDO.

As I've never played TERA that isn't as of much surprise.

The abbreviation also states nothing more than the monsters being big, which Kzarka is. And thinking about it, all field bosses are relatively small, so I guess those are out of consideration.

1 person likes this

Posted

As I've never played TERA that isn't as of much surprise.

The abbreviation also states nothing more than the monsters being big, which Kzarka is. And thinking about it, all field bosses are relatively small, so I guess those are out of consideration.

It is not about the size, it is about the challenge. BAMs in Tera used to be the most fun and challenging PvE content I ever saw in any game. Even killing basilisks on my lvl 20 sorc felt like a huge accomplishment. There is nothing in BDO coming even remotely close to that.

I used to farm nagas in Trallhold for argon vitriol back in a day on my archer and I enjoyed the grind so much. In comparison, pirates make me want to make lobotomy to endure them more than an hour.

Posted

take red nose world spawn before they nerfed it, and make it where you need a group of 5 to kill, and there's a lot of them.

That's how bams in tera used to be a long time ago, took some time to kill and stood as a challenge outside of dungeons.

Posted (edited)

As someone who has played TERA religiously up until about three weeks ago, I can say that BAMs on release were a big deal, but they're nothing more than mobs after that.

Most of the max level BAMs can be killed solo in 1 to 2 seconds, maybe 3 if you're brand new.

They're stunnable, so if you open with a stun then they just don't move at all before they're dead.

Even without stuns, they are no challenge at all in any sense, regardless of your level, and are pretty useless entirely.

I understand what you mean by wanting BAMs, but taking directly from TERA's awful "mini-worldboss BAM" ideas is not as great as you may remember.

Edited by ebonystallion