• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Give us BAMS or give us death!

67 posts in this topic

Posted

As I've never played TERA that isn't as of much surprise.

The abbreviation also states nothing more than the monsters being big, which Kzarka is. And thinking about it, all field bosses are relatively small, so I guess those are out of consideration.

Example of BAM: The Troll. That's a really BAM afaik. Making the treeant killable would also be a BAM if they make it hard (and not exploitable).

Posted

BAMs on release

If you noticed I was talking about farming argon vitriol which was the mat for VM1, so indeed on release and a bit after that. Now with all the nerfs and the cheese classes Tera is nothing like it used to be.

Posted

There are "BAMS" at Crescents in Korea, basically just bigger mobs which are quite strong and take 5-10min to kill with a full party.

Posted (edited)

Cant wait to see nine year old girls mopping up giant monster's in lingerie... Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't put that out in an open forum. :/

Edited by Nimander
s

Posted

Cant wait to see nine year old girls mopping up giant monster's in lingerie... Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't put that out in an open forum. :/

too late. Reported:)

as for BAMS. I played Tera quite a bit and not sure why some say they die ina few seconds. That wasnt the case at all. Perhaps i was just beyond bad. But i also liked the challenge of taking on some BAMS that where meant for 3-5 people just solo. Also, BAMS are huge (hence the Big part of the acronym)

Posted

We are talking about PvE mechanics that surpass BDO by far and all you know to bring up is elin? Talk about shallow 9_9

2 people like this

Posted

YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd rather not you all fight my mom. (✿◡‿◡)

2 people like this

Posted

lol. They should add dungeons while they're at it.

BDO is open world game so we will get (also we have 1 dungeon - Mediah update) open world dungeons. Valencia 2 offer new dungen and prison.

Posted

tada

Image result for anime crab

Posted

I'd rather not you all fight my mom. (✿◡‿◡)

Valk pls

Posted

Id really like if all grind spots would have elites like the helm golems before the 2 mob nerfs (dmg and hp). It was fun soloing 2-3 min on them. I trully belive they nerfed the drop rate for scarlas at golems since some patches ago tho...

Inb4 u tell me all spots have some elites (violents), they were never hard. 

Would be nice to have a zone filled only with elites that u couldnt pull 1 by 1, to be forced to pt up for some epic drops.

1 person likes this

Posted

BAMS are actually a great idea.

The only thing that i miss from other mmos, is the instances. They give the players a reason to actually play in a group and depend on each others.

Black desert is great, but field bosses are crap, and the grinding as it is is boring. Node wars are sometimes ... too much (with all the preparations and the time they require).

We need a small scale party gameplay, and i think BAMS are a great idea.

Give your vote and lets make this happened!

Posted

too late. Reported:)

as for BAMS. I played Tera quite a bit and not sure why some say they die ina few seconds. That wasnt the case at all. Perhaps i was just beyond bad. But i also liked the challenge of taking on some BAMS that where meant for 3-5 people just solo. Also, BAMS are huge (hence the Big part of the acronym)

You should have tried Aion and solo the wind spirit boss thingy solo (at level 36-40). Quite a challenge tbh :3 

Posted

Please dont bring tera cancer to this game , lmao.

2 people like this

Posted

We need a small scale party gameplay, and i think BAMS are a great idea.

Actually what I enjoyed about BAMs was soloing them with "underpowered" classes. I still think Tera has way better combat than BDO. Dodge should not require 2 clicks. 

Posted

Really guys, dungeons? You keep mistaking this game for a pve game.

Posted

Really guys, dungeons? You keep mistaking this game for a pve game.

And you seem to be mistaking it for the PvP game.

Posted

As someone who has played TERA religiously up until about three weeks ago, I can say that BAMs on release were a big deal, but they're nothing more than mobs after that.

Most of the max level BAMs can be killed solo in 1 to 2 seconds, maybe 3 if you're brand new.

They're stunnable, so if you open with a stun then they just don't move at all before they're dead.

Even without stuns, they are no challenge at all in any sense, regardless of your level, and are pretty useless entirely.

I understand what you mean by wanting BAMs, but taking directly from TERA's awful "mini-worldboss BAM" ideas is not as great as you may remember.

then they mustve changed how bams work, as when i played it could take up to a few mins to kill one, where one had to carefully watch their animations to dodge or interrupt. It was a good challange, esp when killing other players figthing bams :D

Posted

I would like some bigger scale mobs, like the violent/sturdy etc mobs are only a scale up so they can't be face-rolled by a solo level 60.

Instanced dungeons, no, dungeons yes but if instancing is not this game, more things like Hasrah, and stick some BAMS owning certain areas of it.

Posted

And you seem to be mistaking it for the PvP game.

It used to before ppl like you cried about the 1% penalty

Posted

This is what Tera BAMs looked like 4 years ago, for on level group. Longish video but whoever has attention span to watch can notice the amount of special attacks it has. Imo, ovoliths were not even the hardest BAMs out there.

It used to before ppl like you cried about the 1% penalty

I never even mentioned anything about 1% penalty so how about stop assuming and calling out with baseless accusations? I can say its "people like you" they deleted the penalty because of as well so you have only your bully mentality to thank. It was never a PvE nor PvP game, it was supposed to mix both in some meaningful way but it failed miserably. Because of people like you 9_9

Posted

When I first came across the summoning scrolls, I expected something similar to BAMs in Tera. The point isn't about them being big, but about them being challenging to fight - aka have to time your attacks properly and avoid/mitigate their damage as they can kill you pretty easily. Unfortunately, the summoning scrolls turned out to be nothing like that... BDO really lacks challenging fights.

So thumbs up for BAMs!

Posted

If you want challenge go challenge the Dragon Nets in Dragon Nest the game!

Posted

I think the only thing I miss from Tera is the BAMS. Rest game pretty boring after some time. Adding BAMS to BDO's open world would be sick.