• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

R.I.P motivation

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Who pointed a gun against your head to do those things, let us know

Posted

What is with these idiots crying?

191/261 sorc - Never spent a dime on P2W.  It takes persistence and not being a -----, and it cost me over 700m to get my offhand tri, so don't assume I was lucky.

1 person likes this

Posted

Humanity really needs this post.

Posted (edited)

By that reasoning, no, I suppose it isn't pay to WIN, because you can't buy into the supposedly pay to win mechanic in order to "win" or compete at the highest levels (not without an incredibly luck streak). I think you are wholesale disregarding the point of contention though. 100 mil weekly IS enough, with little else, to put you into a position where you can compete on an average level, and more importantly, with relatively light time investments alongside that, could permit you to compete on a medium high level. The reason why me failing to tri was so significant to me wasn't because it's an arbitrary standard, tri is where most of the medium high players are in terms of the weapons and armor. The significance is that tri weapons and armor is very attainable on a 100 mil per week, cash shop budget. The point is isn't just that I failed, but that conceivably, many people were able to obtain that standard for competition with nothing but "p2w", so "p2w" may not be likely to catapult you into top teir as to arguably call it "winning", but that's just semantics. What matters is that with nothing but cash shot items, people can conceivably reach the standards of any a no-lifer (what I was up until this last week).

Yes pretty much your cold turkey, somewhat excessive hardwork is equaled to that of someone who goes the other extreme. What you're doing is complaining that another extreme exists and because it exists and you deem it superior you want to quit. Personally I think you put too much weight on how you got to where you are in comparison to others. If I can spend $100 a week and you can play 100hrs a week and we can match each other whats the issue(gross exaggeration, I can make 100M a week grinding around 5 hours a day)? At that point either extreme is equivalent and depending on your personal situation and life style you can achieve similar things relatively in the same time span. Daum did it this way to benefit those who cannot buy cash shop items first and foremost and as a byproduct it has helped those who spend more time making money on the outside to translate some of that into passion for the game by supporting it monetarily, somewhat regularly and rewarding their money invested with relative success equal to your time invested.

You sound like you took a lot of pride in how you got to where you were, but you didnt really value what you gained until you lost it because you assumed only those like you could only challenge your hard work with their own hard work. I suggest you prepare yourself better in the future when making risky upgrades and actually value not only your methods or time spent but also the fruit of that hard work and time spent. It's better to sit on something you treasure and understand it's worth then to throw it away and regret it later.

Edited by Nexius

Posted

Who pointed a gun against your head to do those things, let us know

What are you talking about?

What is with these idiots crying?

191/261 sorc - Never spent a dime on P2W.  It takes persistence and not being a -----, and it cost me over 700m to get my offhand tri, so don't assume I was lucky.

What about my post was idiotic or indicative of any interpretation of "crying"?

"191/261 sorc - Never spent a dime on P2W." This is a strawman argument. I never stated nor implied that it took spending real money to get ahead in the game. If you intend to try again, please address one of the points I actually did make. 

"It takes persistence and not being a -----" Statistically speaking, it would be impossible for something with any possibility to occur, to never occur, given an infinite amount of time, but similarly, that is irrelevant to this conversation. This remarks is outfitted like a rebuttal to something I said, but if that's the case then this would be the second logical fallacy in your comment, a non sequitur. It is irrelevant to any point I discussed that getting geared can be achieved with time and commitment.

"and it cost me over 700m to get my offhand tri, so don't assume I was lucky" you don't have to worry about me thinking in a sloppy fashion, I am willing to defend the reasonableness of anything I've posted here thus far, it is you whose reasoning is worth of question.

Yes pretty much your cold turkey, somewhat excessive hardwork is equaled to that of someone who goes the other extreme. What you're doing is complaining that another extreme exists and because it exists and you deem it superior you want to quit. Personally I think you put too much weight on how you got to where you are in comparison to others. If I can spend $100 a week and you can play 100hrs a week and we can match each other whats the issue(gross exaggeration, I can make 100M a week grinding around 5 hours a day)? At that point either extreme is equivalent and depending on your personal situation and life style you can achieve similar things relatively in the same time span. Daum did it this way to benefit those who cannot buy cash shop items first and foremost and as a byproduct it has helped those who spend more time making money on the outside to translate some of that into passion for the game by supporting it monetarily, somewhat regularly and rewarding their money invested with relative success equal to your time invested.

You sound like you took a lot of pride in how you got to where you were, but you didnt really value what you gained until you lost it because you assumed only those like you could only challenge your hard work with their own hard work. I suggest you prepare yourself better in the future when making risky upgrades and actually value not only your methods or time spent but also the fruit of that hard work and time spent. It's better to sit on something you treasure and understand it's worth then to throw it away and regret it later.

This sounds like a stark admission that the game has become pay to win. At this point, we are not disagreeing. I never said there was anything wrong with this business model, but rather that I don't have the resources, in any facet to participate. I would also like to point to the fact that this wasn't how things were intended to be, so my disillusionment isn't baseless. Things have changed from how they were initially described, I don't even lament that fact, but it is worthwhile to have the discussion of the impact this will have considering the circumstances.

"you sound like you took a lot of pride in how you got to where you were, but you didnt really value what you gained until you lost it because you assumed only those like you could only challenge your hard work with their own hard work. I suggest you prepare yourself better in the future when making risky upgrades and actually value not only your methods or time spent but also the fruit of that hard work and time spent. It's better to sit on something you treasure and understand it's worth then to throw it away and regret it later."

This is very insightful and I agree completely.

Posted

YES WALL OF TEXT MAN/ WOMAN!

Shit this is like me going on the Wow forums and complaining that all we do is GRIND the same damn raid for 1-2 years, than they make it obsolete so I can grind the next "new" raid for the next X amount of time. Shit sometimes it's not even a new raid, but a rehashed one.

See without being too much of an asshole, I even said welcome to life.

You do realize in life you will grind the same job over and over again... right?!

Sorry useless wall of text is useless.

Where in your wall of text did you mention accessories and rest of gear, etc..

So you just stubbornly tried to enhance 1 item and that's it? Fail, learn to play this game.  You should always have items to enhance at your stacks, that's why you plan.

Ehh.. nm just go back to failing!

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

I just uninstalled...  I was keeping track of all the resources I was using and what I was using them for on a spreadsheet of sorts. I just went to update it after failing to tri my mainhand again haha. I looked at what I've spent just trying to get a single weapon to tri and did a double take.... >.< 87 concentrated weapons.... 72 hours of grinding, 16 hours actively involved in life skills, (a difficult to define number of hours afk lifeskilling), another 24 hours afk lifeskilling and a metric tonne of stress over the course of five weeks (mind you the time I am referring to encompasses only what was required to acquire the resources in order to attempt to tri my weapons). Both my ninja and my wizard are in the range of stacks needed to begin attempting to tet ( 76 and 64 respectively) and I didn't even come out with a single tri weapon to console the nagging suspicion that I might have just been wasting time. There's also school which just means even if I had the mental fortitude (perhaps insanity would be a better trait to contribute this to lmao) to continue throwing hours of effort into this without fruition, I just don't have the time to try. This wouldn't necessarily be an issue, but the thing that got me thinking was that somewhere, there was a casual with similar time restrictions on their hands who spent 120 dollars each week while I spent time and got the same resources and whether they succeeded or failed, they got all that I got without lifting a finger. 

I may not quite be quitting, but I'm taking an indefinite hiatus. I still want to keep track of the game through awakenings, but I also don't have the patience to stick along for the ride to the detriment of my grades while uncertain of any real progress and with months to wade through before any classes I want to play get their awakenings.

The reason I chose to uninstall specifically is because I recently realized that playing was more addictive than fun. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing though. I have done lots of things to satisfy an addiction that I probably wouldn't do while outside of the mindset haha. Grinding for hours felt obligatory means to ATTEMPT to gain goals that I felt inclined to reach, not like an enjoyable way to get something else enjoyable as a reward for my time.  I might be back depending on the direction the devs take and also depending on how the wizard awakening plays out.

I should not diminish the impact of the recent pay to win issues and lack of transparency and communication from the developers has had on this decision. Pre-beta, there was SO much community to dev interaction that it was re-freshening to think this game might take a different direction than other western releases of eastern mmos. It seems something changed along the lines because now there appears to be active suppression of dissent and a irresponsible lack of addressing of core issues that many of the game's community brings up. That is greatly missed.

What I hope will come of this thread:

I hope that someone will read this and take heed, one random guy leaving might not mean very much (regardless how much I was or wasn't spending on the game monthly), but if mine, and several other extra large scale guilds have quit in a similar fashion, the impact of this WILL be significant. MMOs appeal to people because of the player interaction. These people didn't pay for your obscenely priced costumes and horse skill change coupons because they wanted to look fancy in a world all their own. The reason guilds begin to crumble when some people leave is the same reason you should be concerned about the several other threads detailing similar stories. Those guilds are a microcosmic representation of what one might expect from a server. The issue isn't RnG, people signed up for that, it's RnG with obscurely inconsistent rules in a world where people can pay to win. RnG normally is just a bottle necking tool, but in a world with pay to win, it becomes a tool to herd players into the cash shop and we aren't oblivious to that. The pool of people with the patience to deprive themselves of other pleasures in order to be competitive becomes much thinner when you introduce the stipulation that being competitive means 140 dollars monthly. Sure, there will be people who are willing to spend that money, but what you miscalculate is that modern economic theory has passed simple supply and demand after seeing it didn't properly account for the behavior of the economy. If player interaction in a competitive environment is a commodity that attracts your player base to the game, then simply price gouging people till they are no longer willing to pay to be competitive won't maintain for you the optimal flow of money because as people who aren't willing to pay to be competitive leave, the ones who are willing to will have fewer people to compete with. 

Happy hunting BDO community and Kakao, it was nice... to an extent

Ok...i go with you.

But i dont think the devs will change.

too bad i got 8k pearls left...but who cares

Posted

Any remotely negative post about BDO will be immediately assaulted by the Forum's White Knights.

They do not care what you have to say, if it has merit or even remotely valid.

They are fanbois that cannot bear to hear any thing thats not positive about bdo.

I get your frustration with the RNG in this game.. One player has to invest +500million silver to get an item to tri,  another player might get it done for under 100 mil.  This isn't about skill or hard word or determination, its just plain dumb luck and it's not good for the game's longevity.

Posted

RNG? Please stop crying about RNG in BDO, there is much more RNG in Pokemon Go (for example) than in BDO.

Assh0le spotted

Posted

Any remotely negative post about BDO will be immediately assaulted by the Forum's White Knights.

Anything resembling a complaint against gambling and/or spending your whole life on the game will immediately be assaulted by those who never spent a day in their life actually working but thanks to somebody else live in safe, rich little bubbles, with "git gud and work hard". On the other hand, when they feel unjustly deprived of top gear/bullying targets/whatever makes a pinnacle of their game, they will spill rivers of tears on this same forum and demand whatever they find unfair to be fixed NAO!!

Not white knights, just selfish and ignorant low life.

2 people like this

Posted

Can u pls list ur DUO on market place? Helping people a lot

Posted

this is all opinion.

What you define as fun is opinion.

What you consider fun is opinion.

Judging what others do and assuming you declaring that it isn't fun and that is a fact is incorrect because it's an opinion.

Whether or not someone listening to a podcast while grinding is okay with you in terms of fun or whatever is not up to you. Claiming that "It shouldn't have to be that way" implies that your method of doing shit is superior to others.

Even if majority rules? It simply doesn't work that way.
Your way is subjective.

Read the OP post, then read the answer from Fire Of, which I quoted.. then read my post...
Im NOT talking about a general consensus, about the game, nor if its fun. Im talking about a INDIVIDUAL experience, which is a fact, because the person who is empirically living it, has stated so....

So please if you are going to white knight your way into the thread, at least be smart honey and read before posting.. at this point, even I feel bad for you... pity.

1 person likes this

Posted

Life isn't fair.  Is it fair that I was born this way?

Posted

did this guy quit cuz he couldn't get a TRI weapon? 2 chars with 70 fail stacks? I would kill for 2 chars with 70 fail stacks. 

Posted

Well OP, that really sucks. I said it once and Ill say it again, RNG is king here. Also, no one is obligated to buy cash shop items specially when someone else is willing to do it for you so you can get the gear for silver. Don't at attention to some of these guys talking about wall of text, they just trying to have a bit of fun. Hope where ever other game you go doesn't disappoint you like this one did and that's going to be a hard one.

Posted (edited)

did this guy quit cuz he couldn't get a TRI weapon? 2 chars with 70 fail stacks? I would kill for 2 chars with 70 fail stacks. 

That might depend on how u got those failstacks ;-)

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted (edited)

The reason why i just sold all the stuff Stones, Fragments, Weapons and Armos you named it. I'm a full TRI set grunil now in just 2 months of playing. All i do is farm Sausan/Pirates sell stuff and now im also doing night vendor i have like 250 energy on each of my characters to spend. I can literally farmed around 30m if im lucky 50m in just 6-8 hours of nonstop playing.. Upgrading is a gamble in this game, its better to save and be patient.

Edited by Xinny

Posted

That might depend on how u got those failstacks ;-)

attempting to upgrade any of my gear right now without 70 fail stacks is just asking for it to break. 

Posted

? why uninstall if youll prolly be back? just dont update the game till you come back then.

Posted

The op makes some valid point based on his perspective. When upgrading becomes a job rather than a bonus for hard work then it does make you stop and think about how you spend your time

he didn't put the game down. It was just for him at this time not fun to continue. I have 3 toons with fail stacks  of 50 plus. What am I trying for a plus 15 liverto.

i have never had good luck with RNG. That's ok I am a patient type of person. i used to spend 5 to 6 hours active grinding and the rest afk. Now I spend 1 to 2 hours active and very little afk.

it has become clear that at this point in time there is little or no end game to strive for and life skills have been watered down to a meaningless level further loosing those that enjoyed the challenges there

the developers will need to decide soon what direction they are heading or they will be left with the grinders as the explorers questers life skillers will have moved on

i will continue to do my own thing to hell with the need to progress today. Tomorrow next week will be fine

2 people like this

Posted

The issue isn't RnG, people signed up for that, it's RnG with obscurely inconsistent rules in a world where people can pay to win. RnG normally is just a bottle necking tool, but in a world with pay to win, it becomes a tool to herd players into the cash shop and we aren't oblivious to that. The pool of people with the patience to deprive themselves of other pleasures in order to be competitive becomes much thinner when you introduce the stipulation that being competitive means 140 dollars monthly. Sure, there will be people who are willing to spend that money, but what you miscalculate is that modern economic theory has passed simple supply and demand after seeing it didn't properly account for the behavior of the economy. If player interaction in a competitive environment is a commodity that attracts your player base to the game, then simply price gouging people till they are no longer willing to pay to be competitive won't maintain for you the optimal flow of money because as people who aren't willing to pay to be competitive leave, the ones who are willing to will have fewer people to compete with. 

Wow. 

I stopped responding to forum posts because it's utter futile. But your post is surprisingly well written. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe quit untill valks cry will be released. :ph34r:

Posted

Maybe quit untill valks cry will be released. :ph34r:

wait. I was under the impression that valks were already crying?

Well, I was under the impression that everyone was crying, but only the wails of valks were deemed worthy enough to be mmonetised.

Which is against my equality standards and should trigger me.

Posted (edited)

all i read, i was bad at game tried without thinking enchanting and failed, now this game sux and i deleted this most horrible game and people please dont play it because it so bad.

[Deleted]

[Deleted content] Inappropriate language

Edited by p0hil
[Deleted content] Inappropriate language