• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

how in your right mind did you decide to make pots from 5 to 3 sec cd without considering pvp balance is beyond me. What are you even doing?

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Basically this game is hit after hit

this week's hit is the pot cd from 5 to 3 seconds, this has massive implications on pvp balance in so many ways its not even remotely funny

more hp pots means more hp and  thats a direct nerf to lower AP people so the game becomes even more gear based than before.  Another thing is that this change forces people to go full braindead AP spam because otherwise they'd be lacking damage. Yet another change is that it directly buffs the already strongest classes which is Giant and Witch. Witch has enough damage to kill anyone at any point and the hp pot buffs their survivability big time , enabling them to use protected area/heals instead of dying more often . Giants benefit cus they're un-burst-able so they can just spam pots forever and effectively gain a ton more hp than what they had before

so who does this change nerf? pretty much every class that lacks damage, musa - maehwa - kunoichi  - ninja - tamer - valkyre  all in the -----ing gutter right now. If you wanna kill someone you have to go full ap which will make you gimp af in mass pvp where you need defensive stats but the hp pot wont help you in mass pvp cus the damage there is big from everywhere anyway 

this change is utterly horrible its not even remotely funny how bad the game is right now 

5 people like this

Posted

The reduction to HP cd is great

Thanks Daum/Kakao!

6 people like this

Posted

The reduction to HP cd is great

Thanks Daum/Kakao!

pve kid spotted, doesnt even care about balance 

Posted

It's fine in KR, and it will be fine here too

Didn't you make the same post when XL potions were introduced? 

You will live dude

Posted

This change was done with awakenings in mind but it is kinda weird since we only got warrior's.

Posted

"What are you even doing?"

I think at this point they are just trying to annoy you, really.

Other than that, it seems we are getting whatever KR has. So lazy development?

Posted

Seeing as how everyone benefits from the pot cooldown, i think this put an even bigger emphasis on landing CC (for additional KD Dmg) and it also lessens the overall advantage of a wizards heal abilities.

This should have a pretty big effect in pvp, i'm just not entirely sure which direction: good or bad.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well awakening weapon and skill do an insane amount of dmg

Posted

if you think that Valks do no dmg then you have only seen shitty valks. why is Ninja and kuno on that list as well? They do a shit ton of dmg as long as the person knows how to play their class. Stop being a doomsayer and just play the game if you enjoy it. 

Posted

Basically this game is hit after hit

this week's hit is the pot cd from 5 to 3 seconds, this has massive implications on pvp balance in so many ways its not even remotely funny

more hp pots means more hp and  thats a direct nerf to lower AP people so the game becomes even more gear based than before.  Another thing is that this change forces people to go full braindead AP spam because otherwise they'd be lacking damage. Yet another change is that it directly buffs the already strongest classes which is Giant and Witch. Witch has enough damage to kill anyone at any point and the hp pot buffs their survivability big time , enabling them to use protected area/heals instead of dying more often . Giants benefit cus they're un-burst-able so they can just spam pots forever and effectively gain a ton more hp than what they had before

so who does this change nerf? pretty much every class that lacks damage, musa - maehwa - kunoichi  - ninja - tamer - valkyre  all in the -----ing gutter right now. If you wanna kill someone you have to go full ap which will make you gimp af in mass pvp where you need defensive stats but the hp pot wont help you in mass pvp cus the damage there is big from everywhere anyway 

this change is utterly horrible its not even remotely funny how bad the game is right now 

They are giving us something to help with the Warriors. You know.. cyz they can grab dandelion weapon from Night Vendor ;).

Posted

Dude, you seriously wake up everyday and think "hmm, what can I complain about today"

Seriously..........go get some sunshine or something

9 people like this

Posted

You will live dude

not this time

if the rng fails and you dont get gear you wont do damage to geared ppl with pots while they're gonna 1shot you

this change is anti-casual for the -----ing record, i can tank 30 times more scrubs now cus they dont have damage and it only benefits geared players and op classes, -----ing nothing else

good luck killing someone good/geared as any of the classes i listed now 

Posted

I don't know why they did this either.  I hate spamming anything, and if I loose pvp (anymore than I already do) because I don't spam fast enough... then F- this.

It makes PvE EVEN easier - no one mentioned that.  As if it was that hard to begin with, now I can spam spam.

I hope upcoming patch gives back and feet rubs while you are playing.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's fine in KR, and it will be fine here too

Didn't you make the same post when XL potions were introduced? 

You will live dude

Meh we're not coreans, (lucky us I will add), pot spamming may be a big issue also for DPS, and will eventually lead to endless 1 vs 1.

You play AP valk IIRC, should be good measuring how a full DP valk (or a Zerk) with 1k pots can keep you stalled, removing you from a battle or from grinding, I fear that, even full AP, we'd still be way below any medium DPS and cannot keep up with the pots.

For me it will be a good thing overall, no scrubs will be able to kill me, the extra weight of a thousands of pots is pretty much nothing, but in the grand scheme I have mixed feelings and want to see how things works (if this 3rd world client decides to finally patch the whole thing :D )

Posted

This is a major indirect nerf to Wizard/Witch. OP is way off.

Posted

Is it a secret club or something or do you guys like OP go from MMO declaring its shit and dying?  Does this heartaching ever get tiring?

Posted

Did anyone even ask for that? I mean there are stuff they need to fix since the very beginning of this game. But oh no, they go and "fix" stuff that doesnt need fixing.

Posted (edited)

What were they thinking?

That awakenings change damage outputs and you're maybe going to pot once against a warrior anyways.

If they cared about balance awakenings wouldn't come out one at a time.

Game is already going to be IMBA AF till 2017, better start getting used to it if you stick around.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

Is it a secret club or something or do you guys like OP go from MMO declaring its shit and dying?  Does this heartaching ever get tiring?

I'm not a fan of OP, actually we've clashed several times and generally I have "different views" but on this, to be honest, I'm kinda perplexed, pots spamming may make me unkillable in 1 vs 1 despite me being a the most casual of casuals (but with huuuuuge DR - beware I wrote DR ^^), and while this is holy and right for a zerg tank, just doesn't fit in with BDO's pvp model, but for now it's just a feeling, so I will have to test it live for a while before making a sensible opinion and eventually joining the "bashing riots" or the "it's all gud" factions.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Leaving this here. Where is that burst you're speaking of? But yeah I also don't like the pot changes.

Edited by Medra
removed

Posted

pots spamming may make me unkillable in 1 vs 1 

I don't believe that will be the case with the big increase in damage scaling.

Posted

So when are you quitting?

Posted

Leaving this here. Where is that burst you're speaking of?

hows that relevant?

im talking about hp pot pvp, they;'re fighting w/o pots

I don't believe that will be the case with the big increase in damage scaling.

and where are we getting this damage scaling from? The moon? please

currently geared people are WAY stronger than before against casuals

im sitting at 305 dp and full boss set and tanking literally twice more casuals than i did before in game 

It's common sense really

hp pots directly benefit the more geared player as they increase their power directly, it doesnt matter if 10 scrubs use pots faster when they die in 2 hits. Eventually more geared/stronger ppl could be worn out and killed but now? its basically a dps-check... no.. just no

its horrible 

Posted

Who cares about pots ?

Awaks + 220AP+ is only about oneshot/onecombo in KR, it will be same here. Pots don't save people.

Posted

hows that relevant?

im talking about hp pot pvp, they;'re fighting w/o pots

Witch has enough damage to kill anyone at any point and the hp pot buffs their survivability big time

There. It's relevant.