• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

how in your right mind did you decide to make pots from 5 to 3 sec cd without considering pvp balance is beyond me. What are you even doing?

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There. It's relevant.

you posted some horrible player and im supposed to care? lol 

Who cares about pots ?

Awaks + 220AP+ is only about oneshot/onecombo in KR, it will be same here. Pots don't save people.

yea so who cares about armors too

why dont you just run around naked? please, stop watching korean propaganda videos 

pots prevent a more geared player from getting 1comboed , amplifying his gear and putting a bigger gap between lucky people and undergeared ones 

Edited by irrelevant

Posted (edited)

why dont you just run around naked? please, stop watching korean propaganda videos 

It's what we are getting, so better to watch it :) 

Pots will matter when DP will get proper scale

Edited by Nutoboni

Posted

Is it a secret club or something or do you guys like OP go from MMO declaring its shit and dying?  Does this heartaching ever get tiring?

Its just a cry for attention. 

Sad losers like op know that if you whine and cry and complain about things that other people like they will give you attention. Its the only reason they do it. They dont care what the topic is or what they're complaint is. They just want people to respond to it to validate them. 

They're just social parasites. 

Posted (edited)

It's a buff on burst classes not sustain classes, zerkers will take a hit from this imo.

Makes sense since warrior is sustain. The change is miniscule, couldn't care less.

Edited by Mizore

Posted

No need to cry over spilled milk.

But for people like you on the forums, it's a constant waterfall of tears if someone spills even a tiny droplet of milk.

Posted

It's a buff on burst classes not sustain classes, zerkers will take a hit from this imo.

Makes sense since warrior is sustain. The change is miniscule, couldn't care less.

how does this not benefit zerker? they're basically unkillable now and their dmg wasn't that low with successful grabs 

Posted (edited)

After the decision to leave some classes sleeping for months in a world of the awakened I am not surprised at all by this. Its abundantly clear balance is not important in this game.

If I was only here for competitive PVP, I'd be certainly seeking a new game right now.

Edited by Drustein

Posted

my only gripe with the pot change is now having to press my hotkey more frequently.

Posted

I don't know how is this even relevant.  ;) 

CD reduction is great, stop whining about every single change this game makes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Who cares about pots ?

Awaks + 220AP+ is only about oneshot/onecombo in KR, it will be same here. Pots don't save people.

And that's what makes me sad. You should not be required to just one combo someone's entire HP bar <5sec or else they go back to full by just running/kiting (1v1).

It's a little strange that they "balance" this game with the idea of the PvP in mind (since PvP is a joke anyway) and then force you to PvE endlessly to get the gear that makes you face roll everyone you out-gear. Kakao/Daum/PA logic i guess.

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure the cooldown was lowered for EVERYONE(which means, balanced)....I can see where it affects balance in PVP, specially if you're not a potter. Think about it this way, if you're not a scrub, you'll make a lot of scrubs waste their pots faster, if you're a scrub, you'll probably survive longer against OP geared players. It's a WIN WIN situation.

Edited by Cowabungah!

Posted

Makes life better for me.  Now I can wear prettier clothes and not die as fast!

Posted

I'm pretty sure the cooldown was lowered for EVERYONE(which means, balanced)....I can see where it affects balance in PVP, specially if you're not a potter. Think about it this way, if you're not a scrub, you'll make a lot of scrubs waste their pots faster, if you're a scrub, you'll probably survive longer against OP geared players. It's a WIN WIN situation.

yea so if everyone could oneshot each other it would be balanced because everyone can do it? nvm that wizards can cast spells from 80 meters while melees have to go close

think about it this way, different classes benefit from different things differently... common sense 

Posted

yea so if everyone could oneshot each other it would be balanced because everyone can do it? nvm that wizards can cast spells from 80 meters while melees have to go close

think about it this way, different classes benefit from different things differently... common sense 

your forum name is well chosen.  Huzzah!

Posted

Awesome change! 

This is a pve game after all

Posted

I'm not a fan of OP, actually we've clashed several times and generally I have "different views" but on this, to be honest, I'm kinda perplexed, pots spamming may make me unkillable in 1 vs 1 despite me being a the most casual of casuals (but with huuuuuge DR - beware I wrote DR ^^), and while this is holy and right for a zerg tank, just doesn't fit in with BDO's pvp model, but for now it's just a feeling, so I will have to test it live for a while before making a sensible opinion and eventually joining the "bashing riots" or the "it's all gud" factions.

I gave you a like because I really like it when people are being rational and not just jumping to conclusions.

Posted

I gave you a like because I really like it when people are being rational and not just jumping to conclusions.

I try to be open minded on things, sometimes I can, sometimes not, For this pots issue, I need to check things myself before making an opinion, after a brief play session yesterday evening, the mixed feelings are still mixed and vague (just a couple of no-pots duels with mates, no real pvp) and in PvE, well, lost count since I last used HP pots heavily.

The doubts mainly arise from past experience, where too short CDs on pots/healing skills allowed people to stay in god mode. If I had to change current potting system, I would've make the cd longer, and changed them from immediate HP restore to a 5/10 seconds HP regen - dunno if we're gonna have bigger pots, but in such case, I would prefer them work incrementally exactly to avoid perma-escaping death.

Posted

Just a lazy way of balancing. This change was comming one way or the other. I just feel its a bit to soon. Should have released it half way or at the end of awakenings.

1 person likes this

Posted

Basically this game is hit after hit

this week's hit is the pot cd from 5 to 3 seconds, this has massive implications on pvp balance in so many ways its not even remotely funny

more hp pots means more hp and  thats a direct nerf to lower AP people so the game becomes even more gear based than before.  Another thing is that this change forces people to go full braindead AP spam because otherwise they'd be lacking damage. Yet another change is that it directly buffs the already strongest classes which is Giant and Witch. Witch has enough damage to kill anyone at any point and the hp pot buffs their survivability big time , enabling them to use protected area/heals instead of dying more often . Giants benefit cus they're un-burst-able so they can just spam pots forever and effectively gain a ton more hp than what they had before

so who does this change nerf? pretty much every class that lacks damage, musa - maehwa - kunoichi  - ninja - tamer - valkyre  all in the -----ing gutter right now. If you wanna kill someone you have to go full ap which will make you gimp af in mass pvp where you need defensive stats but the hp pot wont help you in mass pvp cus the damage there is big from everywhere anyway 

this change is utterly horrible its not even remotely funny how bad the game is right now 

giant is ugly, they deserve a buff 

1 person likes this

Posted

"What are you even doing?"

I think at this point they are just trying to annoy you, really.

Everything annoys him.....don't feed the troll

Posted

Posted

Leaving this here. Where is that burst you're speaking of? But yeah I also don't like the pot changes.

hes a good wizard but he does at times not predict the charge or damage thats coming, and sadly once a warr gets to u ur toasted. But at the the same time one can also comment on that a warrior who can do this can now also keep himself much better up with hp pots. Im baffled why they even did this. One can only hope that when all have awakenings, that somehow 3 sec hp pots can be justified, same way one could do without. It's a silly mechanic having to spam an extra button every 3rd sec