• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gear Score Calculator, NOW WITH AWAKENING!

99 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello Bdo Community

I developed this gear Calculating Tool over several months and it has come to be of integral use in our guilds PvP tournaments and "Assessing" a players gear score. 

The link to the Spread sheet is below but before you jump into it i STRONGLY suggest you read the section "How to use this Tool" which goes about explaining how to get your values and what each column does. For best results only include your permanent gear contributions, i recommend not including food/alchemy buffs, class specific passives etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HBESIh_duqBQpl65si4ydFMRej8kNq0Zjplz6yf941Y/edit?usp=sharing

Once you've opened the link, Goto File --> "Download as" then select the format you want and you should be able to edit your downloaded file with ease.

Section: How to use this Tool

- Name: Text Field, Enter your characters name
- Level: Numeric Field, Your character's Level
- Mainhand AP (inv): Numeric Field, The AP number read directly off your characters inventory screen for your mainhand weapon.
- DP (inv): Numeric Field, The DP Number read directly off your characters inventory screen.
- HP: Numeric Field, The Hp of your character, Can be found is multiple places such as profile or on the health bar.
- Primary Weapon AP (AVG): Numeric Field, This is the Average dmg of your mainhand weapon, for example Tri Liverto is 108.
- Awakened Weapon AP (AVG): Numeric Field, This is the Average dmg of your Awakened weapon, for example the Green Mercenary Great sword at +15 is 66
- Accuracy: Numeric Field,  Accuracy is a Hidden stat on weapons and Armors via enhancement but is Advertised on Accessories, set bonuses and as Item effects. 
         - examples. Liverto is +10, Kzarka is +20, accuracy offhand is +20, Kutum is +5, Bhegs is +10
- Extra AP: Numeric Field, These are bonuses directly to your AP obtained from Gear sets, Alchemy stone, guild or Crystal bonuses. Also include any extra damage to Humans in here. AP, All Attack, Attack are all the same thing. Translation issues.
         - examples. Grunil head & Gloves: + 5, Full Grunil: + 7, Various Crystals can give: +1,+2, +5 or +7, Guild buff can be: +1-5
- Penetration: This is resistance penetration. Divide individual resistance penetrations by four.
         - Examples. +10 for kutum, +10 for mainhand weapon precision gems, +X/4 for individual resistance penetration.
- Evasion: Numeric Field, Evasion on Armor is NOT hidden, it appears in the DP of the item. For example do not add evasion here from Muskan boots it's already in the DP score. Do add evasion from Alchemy stone, Crystals or Set bonuses here.
- Damage Reduction: Numeric Field, Damage Reduction like evasion is NOT hidden. It shows up in the DP of the item. Do not add values here for items like ultimate Armor's it's already in the DP, likewise same with certain offhands like shields. Do add bonuses here from Set bonuses, Alchemy stone, guild buff or Crystals.
- Resist: Any additional resistances you are stacking. It's X/4 for individual type resistances.
           - examples: +10 for nouver, +25/4 for Adamantine shoe gems.
- Mainhand Damage: FORMULA, Automatically Calculated. Literally the Sum of your inventory AP and Extra AP. A MUCH more real representation of how much Damage you have.
- Awakened Damage Version1: FORMULA, Automatically Calculated. The Calculation of your awakened state weapon damage. From the perspective of 1 universal AP = 1 AP
- Awakened Damage Version2: FORMULA, Automatically Calculated. The Calculation of your awakened state weapon damage. From the perspective of 1 Awakened weapon AP = 1 AP
- Real DP: FORMULA, Automatically Calculated. Literally the Sum of your inventory DP, Evasion and Damage Reduction. The real representation of how much DP you have.

- Mainhand Gearscore: FORMULA, Automatically Calculated. A Algorithm i created to quickly determine gear score differences between players during PvP tournaments.

- Awakened Gearscore: FORMULA, Automatically Calculated. Same as the previous formula but for your awakened state.

Thank you for your time.

Signing Out..

Xerise from Vault111

Edited by remilafo
10 people like this

Posted

just add attack power to defense power and call it gearscore like everyone else.done

Posted

just add attack power to defense power and call it gearscore like everyone else.done

That method is not accurate enough for me and pretty much every min/max player type i know. At best it's 70% accurate. It does not take into consideration your accuracy, Set bonuses, item effects, crystals, health, guild buff or Level.

My tools does and it's way better.

2 people like this

Posted

I never know its with or without hidden AP. Ignoring up to 22AP from set and crystals isnt cool.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good stuff.

Posted

shameless bump.

- New Acc/Dmg ratio sweet spot discovered around 22%.. Notes in How to use section updated.

Posted

Kzarka has 10 human dmg at TRI ? Who came up with this meme ? 

Posted

Being a numbers guy, I love seeing these kinds of things pop up.  I am interested in how you came up with your accuracy formulas so I can min/max myself.

Also, remilafo, your name sounds like a name from the distant past in a game long, long ago.  Did you play Runes of Magic by chance?  Artemis server in a guild called Pandemic maybe?  If so, we should probably catch up on old times anyway.

Posted

Kzarka has 10 human dmg at TRI ? Who came up with this meme ? 

It's the combined work of myself and my friends here and over at reddit. I suppose i should add a disclaimer, our number deductions are Approximations. There is still a bit of guess work because "this game"... But here is the rational behind that 10 human dmg claim.

- Trials showed that Kzarka at same enchant level (being TRI in this case) was producing more DMG per hit than liverto. Since all stats remained the same, something had to be causing  this increase in dmg.  Also that dmg difference seemed to be about 10 AP worth of dmg, so we went with that number. 

possibility #1 : Kzarka has Hidden 10 AP that isn't shown ....   this is unlikely because we already know AP is NOT a hidden stat and it shows up in Advertised AP of the weapon.
possibility #2: Kzarka has more accuracy than liverto .... It does infact, about 3 more accuracy than liverto and this was proven by hihey54  but we accounted for accuracy and that is not what's going on here.

Possibility #3: Kzarka has either +10 dmg to human which is Hidden or +10 All Attack which is also hidden.  Since Dmg to humans was more LORE friendly we went with this yeah.

You are free to make your own conclusions from here.

Being a numbers guy, I love seeing these kinds of things pop up.  I am interested in how you came up with your accuracy formulas so I can min/max myself.

Also, remilafo, your name sounds like a name from the distant past in a game long, long ago.  Did you play Runes of Magic by chance?  Artemis server in a guild called Pandemic maybe?  If so, we should probably catch up on old times anyway.

Oh my yes.. That was me, I played the best druid on the server "Xerise" , that takes me back. Since then i moved onto RIft and played characters Prem and Xerise , then ESO played Xerise and Now here with Xerise (witch) and Prem (if they ever release the Dark Elf.. GRR) ...

I sent you a Private PM, we can chat about numbers and catch up on old times yeah..

Posted

It's the combined work of myself and my friends here and over at reddit. I suppose i should add a disclaimer, our number deductions are Approximations. There is still a bit of guess work because "this game"... But here is the rational behind that 10 human dmg claim.

- Trials showed that Kzarka at same enchant level (being TRI in this case) was producing more DMG per hit than liverto. Since all stats remained the same, something had to be causing  this increase in dmg.  Also that dmg difference seemed to be about 10 AP worth of dmg, so we went with that number. 

possibility #1 : Kzarka has Hidden 10 AP that isn't shown ....   this is unlikely because we already know AP is NOT a hidden stat and it shows up in Advertised AP of the weapon.
possibility #2: Kzarka has more accuracy than liverto .... It does infact, about 3 more accuracy than liverto and this was proven by hihey54  but we accounted for accuracy and that is not what's going on here.

Possibility #3: Kzarka has either +10 dmg to human which is Hidden or +10 All Attack which is also hidden.  Since Dmg to humans was more LORE friendly we went with this yeah.

You are free to make your own conclusions from here.

Please do put a huge disclaimer at the beginning, these findings are player based and could be hit or miss 50% of the time. Hidden stats are nearly impossible to identify, specially with the game not having any combat DMG calculator. Yes you could test with HP etc, but there are so many variables that could interfere and change the results. Finding like this will confuse players into thinking that all this is true and accurate.  

Posted

Please do put a huge disclaimer at the beginning, these findings are player based and could be hit or miss 50% of the time. Hidden stats are nearly impossible to identify, specially with the game not having any combat DMG calculator. Yes you could test with HP etc, but there are so many variables that could interfere and change the results. Finding like this will confuse players into thinking that all this is true and accurate.  

With respect it is accurate, within 95% margin; And that disclaimer is at the beginning. We've done so much testing it hurts, just keep things in scope, This thread isn't  claiming to deliver the BDO dmg formula, no it's just a far more accurate gear score calculator than mindlessly adding AP and DP together. There comes a time in science when you have to trust the invention of the wheel was good and stop re-inventing it everytime just to prove to yourself that what you did works. The kzarka example is like that, we feel that our previous work is good and that we have a decent understanding of whats going on and as such if something looks and smells like a hidden +10 dmg then it probably is.

1 person likes this

Posted

With respect it is accurate, within 95% margin; And that disclaimer is at the beginning. We've done so much testing it hurts, just keep things in scope, This thread isn't  claiming to deliver the BDO dmg formula, no it's just a far more accurate gear score calculator than mindlessly adding AP and DP together. There comes a time in science when you have to trust the invention of the wheel was good and stop re-inventing it everytime just to prove to yourself that what you did works. The kzarka example is like that, we feel that our previous work is good and that we have a decent understanding of whats going on and as such if something looks and smells like a hidden +10 dmg then it probably is.

Ok, could u briefly go over as to how u came to the conclusion that Kzarka weapons have +10 extra human dmg at TRI. I am not trying to put u down or anything I like what u have done with the calculations , I just want to get hardproof, and not just some theory you and your friends came up with. 

Posted (edited)

Ok, could u briefly go over as to how u came to the conclusion that Kzarka weapons have +10 extra human dmg at TRI. I am not trying to put u down or anything I like what u have done with the calculations , I just want to get hardproof, and not just some theory you and your friends came up with. 

Yeah ofcourse but not here though, this thread focus is the gear score tool. Let's not make it any bigger than it already is, especially with the awakening section i am currently working on. Come over to reddit the community is alot more friendly and thats where we do our work. Also there are no Moderators there to shut down thread when we reveal "too much information" yeah...   :-)

September 11th 2016

- Glorious Update. I improved the calculator and added a section to incorporate your Awakened Weapon state.

Edited by remilafo

Posted

So what are the Dandelion hidden secrets? =3

Posted

So what are the Dandelion hidden secrets? =3

So far nothing. It does not appear to have any hidden stats. It does have 10 more AP than the Blue one at +15.

We are still testing.  We only have warrior to ply with right now. Ask again in about 1 month.

1 person likes this

Posted

i don't agree that  yuria only has +9 human damage. It says that it gains ap+human damage PER ENCHANT. 

testing liverto at tri vs yuria at tri, yuria did more damage (when accuracy wasn't an issue) in pvp.

2 people like this

Posted

i don't agree that  yuria only has +9 human damage. It says that it gains ap+human damage PER ENCHANT. 

testing liverto at tri vs yuria at tri, yuria did more damage (when accuracy wasn't an issue) in pvp.

actually in pvp accuracy is always an issue, not only for the Hit* but for the damage and piercing  too.

So far nothing. It does not appear to have any hidden stats. It does have 10 more AP than the Blue one at +15.

We are still testing.  We only have warrior to ply with right now. Ask again in about 1 month.

Owww thx anyways

Posted (edited)

actually in pvp accuracy is always an issue, not only for the Hit* but for the damage and piercing  too.

Owww thx anyways

i didnt say acc wasn't an issue, i said that yuria has more human damage than 9. it's more like 25.  but hd =/= direct ap, though i think it translated into around 12 more ap. 

Tri yuria vs tri livero, liverto only has 8 more AP, but with HD yuria effectively has  4 more ap in pvp and against human mobs. 

If you were to run say... yuria + bronze + bheg as a ranger, you'd do more damage than liverto +bheg + bronze.

Thats my point. the HD is more than +9

Edited by xcandykitten
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah it  does gain +human damage per enchant however that gain isn't always +1. We have observed that it can increase like +0.25 for example. Testing this has been difficult and is continuing to be difficult because we are currently testing +human dmg on Kzarka weapons.

I respectfully ask for results of somekind. As far as we have been able to tell Yuria at TRI seems to have +10 human (+5 shown +5 hidden) damage which puts it EQUAL in overall damage to Liverto in a pvp context; Liverto still has that glorious +10 additional accuracy.  Anyways if a player made up that accuracy difference or that accuracy difference was unneeded than i do readily believe that due to bias a yuria can appear to do more but in reality it's performing equally.

See bold responses above..

i didnt say acc wasn't an issue, i said that yuria has more human damage than 9. it's more like 25. 

Nope! not a chance...  a different that big would put Yuria 15 damage points above liverto and No testing would be needed. The damage difference would be HIGHLY visible to pretty much everyone. Futhuremore everyone would be happy to be running yuria over liverto given the cost required to level Liverto.

So no, sorry.. 25 is a ridiculous statement....   I concede to 10 at TRI though..

Edited by remilafo

Posted (edited)

The damage difference would be HIGHLY visible to pretty much everyone. ..

honestly it is. to me at least. 
the difference is that people tend to use AP offhand with liverto, and acc offhand with yuria. 

Liverto + steel does a bit more damage than yuria + bronze, so people thing liverto does more damage than yuria, when it really doesn't (at tri thats a total of 29 more sheet ap yet the damage difference wasn't even that big)

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

honestly it is. to me at least. the difference is that people tend to use AP offhand with liverto, and acc offhand with yuria. 

Liverto + steel does a bit more damage than yuria + bronze, so people thing liverto does more damage than yuria, when it really doesn't (at tri thats a total of 29 more sheet ap)

Cool.  I do agree with you that people vastly undervalue Accuracy in this game and it tends to come back a bite them later on when they are up against a HIGH DP opponent. I even made that mistake myself ages ago running yuria and Steel cause well that was what i was told to do cause "" AP "" ...  

I grew up and learned and now it seems im somewhat of a pioneer in figuring this out, at least over on reddit lol, i don't think anyone cares here.

So yeah Yuria + Accuracy offhands are absolute for sure..    You would  be surprised that even with Liverto (AKA +10 accuracy) it isn't enough in alot of cases running with AP offhand. As an example I use Liverto and Accuracy offhand and i find it's "JUST ENOUGH" accuracy on a witch of my gear level.

Back to the discussion, Accuracy can really screw with the perception of damage in this game, Depending on the class and the accessories of the player; A yuria + accuracy offhand could deal more damage than a Liverto + AP offhand on the same character.  As a comparison Liverto is +10 additional accuracy but a TRI accuracy offhand is +22 accuracy... Hence the liverto's +10 accuracy doesn't always close that gap.

In our testing we did rule out the quote "Accuracy" problem by simply rendering the opponents evasion/DP to zero, so I still stand by my statement saying that a TRI Ultimate Yuria weapon only gives +10 extra human damage.

And if you are trying to tell me that Yuria + accuracy offhand does more damage than Liverto + AP offhand in a PvP senario then I agree with you, Often it does especially against a high DP target. We need to define the senario though because those details matter, class, how much DP vs Accuracy are we talking about, etc etc..

Peace..

Luv Xerise

Posted

i've done tests liverto vs yuria twice.

ultimate +15 yuria vs +15 liverto, liverto did more damage, but the damage was less consistent, and the damage difference was small (like 20-50 extra damage). 
(+15 acc offhand, against a full +15 grunil ranger) (these were done on a valk)

ultimate tri yuria vs tri liverto, yuria did more damage and the damage was more consistent, but the damage difference was very small, like 10-30 extra damage. 
(Tri acc offhand, against a 230ish dp ranger with no boss gear)(these were done on a ranger)

these tests were only done for my own information though i didnt take detailed notes on it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

What is the accuracy for a Kzarka?  Say for a TRI or TET?

Posted

What is the accuracy for a Kzarka?  Say for a TRI or TET?

Kzarka seems to have +28 Accuracy at Tri.

We don't have someone yet with a Tet Kzarka, but if patterns hold true it will probably be +29 accuracy.

Posted

i've done tests liverto vs yuria twice.

ultimate +15 yuria vs +15 liverto, liverto did more damage, but the damage was less consistent, and the damage difference was small (like 20-50 extra damage). 
(+15 acc offhand, against a full +15 grunil ranger) (these were done on a valk)

ultimate tri yuria vs tri liverto, yuria did more damage and the damage was more consistent, but the damage difference was very small, like 10-30 extra damage. 
(Tri acc offhand, against a 230ish dp ranger with no boss gear)(these were done on a ranger)

these tests were only done for my own information though i didnt take detailed notes on it. 

You miss something important. It is not possible to "translate" +HD to AP because +HD does not scale.

We all know that sorc and ranger scale heavily with AP. For this reason the impact of Liverto is much bigger for this classes. Valk is the class that scales worst with AP.

I leveled from 55 to 56 with +15 Yuria long time ago(sorc). After that i switched to +15 Liverto. It was a night and day difference.