• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gear Score Calculator, NOW WITH AWAKENING!

99 posts in this topic

Posted

You miss something important. It is not possible to "translate" +HD to AP because +HD does not scale.

We all know that sorc and ranger scale heavily with AP. For this reason the impact of Liverto is much bigger for this classes. Valk is the class that scales worst with AP.

I leveled from 55 to 56 with +15 Yuria long time ago(sorc). After that i switched to +15 Liverto. It was a night and day difference.

You again.. Stop spreading your bad information regarding Human dmg and AP..

You are already picking fights with three user's over on this thread because they know that you are incorrect as well. They even proved you wrong. stop it and get out of here.

Posted

Curious why Mainhand power level has the P (DP) column included in the calculation?

Posted

Curious why Mainhand power level has the P (DP) column included in the calculation?

Because this tool is designed to be a FAR more accurate and real representation of your character's Gear Score.

Currently on the NA servers people are simply adding up AP and DP from their inventory screens to determine Gear score. Sadly doing that does NOT give you the entire picture and at best produces maybe a 70% accurate result. This tool does a far better job. As per my Original post.

- Mainhand Power Level: FORMULA, Automatically Calculated. A Algorithm i created to quickly determine gear score differences between players during PvP tournaments. Much faster than individually interpreting their respective ap, dp etc. The algorithm incorporates your Damage, Real DP, HP and Level.

Posted

Thanks for setting this up, It's been pretty helpful and now I'm scratching my head over which earrings to go after (Red Coral or Mesto) I had a question about the off hand AP score though.  Is it automatically included in the calculations when we input our sheet AP?  Or should we be adding it elsewhere?  Your post reads as though its only considering main hand and considering I'm not a numbers person, I thought I'd make sure I'm not taking anything for granted.  I'm guessing sheet AP is just sheet AP and thus including the off hand AP as well.  Thanks a lot :)

Posted (edited)

Because this tool is designed to be a FAR more accurate and real representation of your character's Gear Score.

Currently on the NA servers people are simply adding up AP and DP from their inventory screens to determine Gear score. Sadly doing that does NOT give you the entire picture and at best produces maybe a 70% accurate result. This tool does a far better job. As per my Original post.

- Mainhand Power Level: FORMULA, Automatically Calculated. A Algorithm i created to quickly determine gear score differences between players during PvP tournaments. Much faster than individually interpreting their respective ap, dp etc. The algorithm incorporates your Damage, Real DP, HP and Level.

Ah I see.  I think the name is misleading as AP = Attack Power.  It's more like Gear Score 2.0 as mainhand power implies the higher the number the more damage you do.

The ratios are a bit misleading to me too, is higher or lower better?

Edited by d3krepit

Posted

Hey guys,

Great calculator here. Have you done any testing on Kutum offhand to see if the DP is considered regular DP or evasion based DP? It's kind of confusing how it works sometimes, but I was just curious.

Thanks!

1 person likes this

Posted

Ah I see.  I think the name is misleading as AP = Attack Power.  It's more like Gear Score 2.0 as mainhand power implies the higher the number the more damage you do.

Yes you are right, it is misleading. I've changed the Column titles to simply "gearscore" as i hope this will be more clear.

The ratios are a bit misleading to me too, is higher or lower better?

Ummm neither. More accuracy and more damage you stack the better BUT you can't just forever do this without either sacrificing accuracy for AP or AP for accuracy along the way.  The sweet spot (before awakenings) seems to be in the 25-30% range. If your ratio falls in that range you have an IDEAL amount of accuracy to support your AP/DMG.  It's only "bad" if your ratio is well OUT of the range of 25%-30%, Like forexample if your acc/dmg ratio is 10% you REALLY REALLY need more accuracy, or opposite if your accuracy ratio is like 40% you have WAY too much accuracy.

We are also currently working on re-evaluating this ratio because the awakening skills have RIDICULOUS bonuses to accuracy like 40% in some cases.

SEE Bolded Answers above..

Hey guys,

Great calculator here. Have you done any testing on Kutum offhand to see if the DP is considered regular DP or evasion based DP? It's kind of confusing how it works sometimes, but I was just curious.

Thanks!

Omg tell me about it.. When i saw that dagger drop last night i was cursing Pearl Abyss for all these darn hidden statistics. 

FYI, DP is the summation of Damage reduction and Evasion. So the DP on that offhand is going to be all evasion, all damage reduction or a combination of the two.

Aside from one or two Warrior Shields, every single other offhand that is defensive is ALL evasion. We will eventually test it but until that happens i would assume the DP on that offhand is ALL evasion as that seems to be the dominate form of DP on the majority of offhands in this game.

above..

Posted

OP
- hey look I made a professional google sheet with numbers and formulas for hidden stats that I randomly pulled off.

but use it, it's 88.33246 % accurate !

3 people like this

Posted

Evasion

: Numeric Field, Evasion on Armor is

NOT hidden

, it appears in the DP of the item. For example do not add evasion here from Muskan boots it's already in the DP score.

did you do any tests on how muskan works at PRI-PEN? We obviously can see the increased evasion in the form of DP up to +15, yet its DP follows the usual schema of all armor parts after +15.

I understand that this does not matter for your calculations, i'm just asking out of curiousity.

Posted (edited)

did you do any tests on how muskan works at PRI-PEN? We obviously can see the increased evasion in the form of DP up to +15, yet its DP follows the usual schema of all armor parts after +15.

I understand that this does not matter for your calculations, i'm just asking out of curiousity.

Yeah i noticed that as well. Thankfully Evasion and Damage reduction are not hidden and show up as the "DP" on the item.  Which makes knowing a persons true DP easy

However the problem remains is that we don't know and may never know how much of each that DP consists of Evasion or Damage reduction.

Example: if a Player has 200 DP it would be very convenient if that was 100 Dmg reduction and 100 Evasion but it doesn't seem that way at all. We don't know what the ratios are. It all seems gear choice dependent, for example we know that the DP on Shrine guardian tokens is Dmg reduction yet the DP on red coral rings are evasion. Go figure! :/

Anyways back to Muskan shoes, based on others tests we suspect that the DP on "ALL" shoes are Evasion, but don't take this suspicion as law because truthfully we can't prove that only imply it.

Peace

Xerise 

Edited by remilafo

Posted

for example we know that the DP on Shrine guardian tokens is Dmg reduction yet the DP on red coral rings are evasion. Go figure! :/

YOU SURE ABOUT RED CORALS? LIKE YOU SUPER SCIENCED IT OUT? OMGG PLS BE TRUE ILL TAKE THEM TO TET

the hype took over my capslock key sry

Posted (edited)

YOU SURE ABOUT RED CORALS? LIKE YOU SUPER SCIENCED IT OUT? OMGG PLS BE TRUE ILL TAKE THEM TO TET

the hype took over my capslock key sry

Pretty sure. I trust the work of my friends over at Reddit. Wasn't me though. My main contribution to the BDO reddit community is this tool and determining Accuracy and Damage ratio sweet spots against opponents of various DP.  AKA figuring out a good balance of Accuracy and AP to deliver Maximum dmg.

Shrine token was worked out by a KR version player.

The red corals worked out by a EU version player. A friend of Pvt Wiggles if you've heard of him.

Edited by remilafo

Posted

Hello Bdo Community

Ultimate +15 Yuria gives a Hidden +4 dmg to humans in addition to it's advertised +5 hence +9 total.

Elsewhere it's reported as having +19 total to Humans at +15.  Is there an accurate answer or just theory?

Posted

Elsewhere it's reported as having +19 total to Humans at +15.  Is there an accurate answer or just theory?

No one has bothered to Re-test Yuria checking for +19 dmg to human. The community simply doesn't believe it to be that high as that would put yuria at higher dmg than Liverto.

Here are some facts:

- As per testing by the Accuracy explained guy and backed up other reddit posts and test. We know that Human damage (aka + to Player dmg) scales equally as AP just specific to players.

- Liverto has 10 more AP than yuria at pretty much all equivalent enchant levels.

Back to your question:

- At +15 enhancement level. Liverto's AVG AP is 80 and Ultimate Yuria is AVG AP 72... 
- If yuria's human damage was +19 as you suggested.. Then Yuria's AVG dmg on a player would be 91AP worth.  That is highly visible don't you think?

With a difference like that don't you think most PvP focused players would still be using Yuria over liverto? , it's cheaper, easier to get and best of all dirt cheap to repair.

Sadly though yuria's dmg to humans doesn't go up by +1 per enhancement level it goes up by only 0.1 - .25 in some cases.

Posted

The community simply doesn't believe it to be that high as that would put yuria at higher dmg than Liverto.

But it is higher damage, slightly. This has been tested numerous times before; here's one example test result. It's just that Yuria is also inaccurate, even for greens, so the extra Acc from Liverto way more than makes up for the lower damage, on anything but Human mobs.

1 person likes this

Posted

But it is higher damage, slightly. This has been tested numerous times before; here's one example test result. It's just that Yuria is also inaccurate, even for greens, so the extra Acc from Liverto way more than makes up for the lower damage, on anything but Human mobs.

So if you can make up the lack of +hit of the Yuria without suffering an an overall AP loss. Example accuracy offhand vs AP offhand then it would seem viable?

With an Ultimate Yuria, yes you sill lose +1 crit and 1 gem slot but base AP would be higher?

Posted (edited)

Okay first things first yeah, Keeping things realistic.. If your intention is to kill mobs you are better using a Krea or Bares weapon, NOT Yuria.

But i suspect you choose yuria in the first place for PvP reasons. And since PvE mobs defense doesn't work the same way as a players especially when the accuracy stat is involved. Then we can't use the test you linked as evidence. This tool, this thread is pvp-centric.

Please don't mis-understand, I am NOT saying yuria isn't viable as a PvP weapon . It is perfectly viable with a Accuracy offhand.

Our debate here is whether Yuria has +19 Dmg to humans or +9 Dmg to humans at +15 enhancement level.

I still stand by the +9 making it about Equivalent to +15 Liverto in terms of Damage, Even the test you linked shows them very near in damage, within margin of error i would say.

So if you can make up the lack of +hit of the Yuria without suffering an an overall AP loss. Example accuracy offhand vs AP offhand then it would seem viable?

With an Ultimate Yuria, yes you sill lose +1 crit and 1 gem slot but base AP would be higher?

Yuria + accuracy offhand is perfectly viable. Base AP would NOT be higher, you would be equivalent to liverto against humans/players only.

Your overall potential would be less however, since you are going to have to make up about 10 accuracy, have 1 less crystal and worse item effects.

The only real benefit of Yuria over liverto is cost, But hey if you really are a Die hard Yuria fan here is something that might motivate you.

Getting a Tri-Liverto is about as hard as it is to get a Tet-Yuria.. since you can just force your way to Tri-Yuria cause it's base green item.

Both tet-Yuria and Tri-liverto have AVG AP of 108 ..  With the extra dmg to humans that Yuria gives a Tet-Yuria Definitely does more dmg than a Tri-Liverto. So thats fun.

Edited by remilafo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yuria sucks.

index.thumb.png.ece5f17573beaf40e5ef6611

Edited by Liddoch

Posted

Well, to be technical, AP would be lower but it would be made up for by the Human Damage. But as remi said, it's not as effective due to all the losses you take outside of raw damage. And with Liverto being so cheap and easy to obtain these days, I'd way it's not worth it either (and forcing past 15 is so terribly inefficient that you can hardly even count that as a benefit).

@remilafo, please don't misunderstand me either, I said nothing about desiring to use it or how effective it is. My opinion of it is shown above. ^^;

What I was replying to is just what you said; that you think it only has 9 Human Damage. A Green Yuria doing equivalent damage to a Liverto with a 5-AP crystal clearly shows that Yuria has enough Human Damage to overcome Liverto's AP advantage, not just equal it. I don't claim to know how much Human Damage it has exactly, but my guess would be roughly 14-15 considering it has 9.5 lower average AP but 5 AP's worth more damage.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, to be technical, AP would be lower but it would be made up for by the Human Damage.

The way I'm thinking, I can spend 1/2 my silver on a +15 Liverto or I can keep my +15 Ultimate Yuria. I realise I will lose AP for farming, so my ability to get my money back may be slower. But keeping the Yuria would allow me to participate in GvG PvP which whilst I sad at, I enjoy trying.

Being a big chunk of my funds I also thought once Awakening arrived I'd be better off spending the silver on the new weapon. I guess it's how fast I can make back the silver spent on the Liverto.

1 person likes this

Posted

@Usurper 

Im all for cost effective upgrade! .. :D

@Zephan

Thank you for a civil discussion, a rare gift among these forums. We still disaggree on the specifics but it's all good.

Posted

The way I'm thinking, I can spend 1/2 my silver on a +15 Liverto or I can keep my +15 Ultimate Yuria. I realise I will lose AP for farming, so my ability to get my money back may be slower. But keeping the Yuria would allow me to participate in GvG PvP which whilst I sad at, I enjoy trying.

Being a big chunk of my funds I also thought once Awakening arrived I'd be better off spending the silver on the new weapon. I guess it's how fast I can make back the silver spent on the Liverto.

Well, keep in mind that awakening weapons have no Accuracy of their own but rather use the Acc of your main-hand, off-hand, etc., so using an inaccurate main-hand weapon will affect that too. That being said, if you have Bheg's gloves and/or an accuracy-focused off-hand to cover the lower Acc, the human damage of Yuria is also applied to your awakening weapon and that can be a huge boost to its damage in PvP and against human mobs.

And at some point in the future, roughly half of the AP of your main-hand weapon will also be applied to your awakening weapon (so Liverto will be more than an Acc-stick for your awakening :P), but at the moment that's not the case. KR got that change with Tamer's awakening release, so I'd put money on the same happening for us.

Posted

Well, keep in mind that awakening weapons have no Accuracy of their own but rather use the Acc of your main-hand, off-hand, etc., so using an inaccurate main-hand weapon will affect that too.

Hi Zephan, well it's amazing how this game kicks you in the guts at every opportunity. I bought a PRI Liverto after not seeing a +15 on the market. 60 mins later a +15 pops up and sells for less than my pre-order.....  So the roughly 50/50 PRI chance was lost. So as I said, I bought the PRI and expected to DUO it with an alt with 29 stacks. More than needed I think. Well it failed 2 times... 2 stones, 10 frags down the tube.

Stuff me Nora!!  Why can't it be less -----ing piss-off-ish!

Posted (edited)

And at some point in the future, roughly half of the AP of your main-hand weapon will also be applied to your awakening weapon (so Liverto will be more than an Acc-stick for your awakening :P), but at the moment that's not the case. KR got that change with Tamer's awakening release, so I'd put money on the same happening for us.

From my testing, the 1/2 mainhand weapon already seems to be applied.

well thats the case with warriors anyways, haven't tested a Sorc.

I will re-test all these numbers when i get my awakening as well unfortunatly im witch so im last.

Edited by remilafo

Posted

From my testing, the 1/2 mainhand weapon already seems to be applied.

well thats the case with warriors anyways, haven't tested a Sorc.

I will re-test all these numbers when i get my awakening as well unfortunatly im witch so im last.

Hmm, really? I play Wiz and Kuno mainly so I'm just going off what the Wars and Sorcs that I know tell me, and they say it's not the case. Would be interesting to see a real test.