• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Coherent UI

38 posts in this topic

Posted

What's this new process used for in BDO, why do we now have it and why only 32-bit?

Posted

What's this new process used for in BDO, why do we now have it and why only 32-bit?

Just found this process myself. I did not see it before.. And it's using 20% of my CPU.. And there are TWO of the processes...

2 people like this

Posted

Yep. It runs the UI and the popout dice game stuff (etc) in particular. Resource-hungry and I'm not sure if it governs the market UI so am loathe to limit the cores.

On the plus side, you can mute it if dice-rolling SFX make your teeth itch.

Posted

I don't think it affects the MP.

I originally had it blocked in my firewall until I realized it stopped content such as the dice game, help menu, event notifications, etc.

Personally, I'd leave it alone unless the resource use is a problem. Guild Wars 2 also uses the Coherent UI, it's not unique to BDO.

Posted

I don't think it affects the MP.

I originally had it blocked in my firewall until I realized it stopped content such as the dice game, help menu, event notifications, etc.

Personally, I'd leave it alone unless the resource use is a problem. Guild Wars 2 also uses the Coherent UI, it's not unique to BDO.

GW2's doesnt use up the same resources as the game itself. Even on high end CPU's this process is running 2x at 12.5% each... 25% useage!

The process runs in 5 different instances, 2 of which will randomly flare up and eat your CPU useage. This is a common issue amongst a bunch of my guilds, and coherent UI is becoming a meme in the game world.... How is this not being adressed by tech support????

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Mmm not sure why the game is lagging xD cpu i5 6600k

thumbnail_LOLOL.jpg

Edited by massivebravebear

Posted

GW2's doesnt use up the same resources as the game itself. Even on high end CPU's this process is running 2x at 12.5% each... 25% useage!

The process runs in 5 different instances, 2 of which will randomly flare up and eat your CPU useage. This is a common issue amongst a bunch of my guilds, and coherent UI is becoming a meme in the game world.... How is this not being adressed by tech support????

I can't remember exactly how it worked in GW2, I haven't played it in a while. As far as I remember though, it might only have been hooked into the launcher, whereas in BDO it looks like it's hooked into "web content" in the main game app.

Like you say, sounds pretty high resource usage though. I can't say I've noticed any performace issues, but then I don't usually run more than a browser and text app with BDO.

Posted

Sometimes, Coherent, he go cwazy.

The only Coherent instance I can control is the map. By which I mean, open/close the dice game, the instance remains... open/close the map, the instance closes.

CoherentUI01.jpg

Posted

welp this is new.. cpu constantly 99% -.-

Posted

fixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx this please

2 people like this

Posted

Any acknowledgement from Kakao that this is even being worked on? Ive stopped bothering with BSA almost entirely

Posted

Coherent UI is third party software used to run in game custom UIs.  BDO uses it for things like the "Notice" page you get on login, BS Adventures, the crafting guide, the guild information page, etc.  Each item you open gets its own process.  Occasionally it derps are starts to eat CPU at an insane rate.  You can "fix" this by opening up task manager and ending the process.  This will not close BDO, however it does mean that to use those services again you need to restart BDO completely.  Most of my guild runs with it turned off except for a few hours to get the BSAdventure rolls each day.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can "fix" this by opening up task manager and ending the process.  This will not close BDO, however it does mean that to use those services again you need to restart BDO completely.

Yep.

And unacceptable.

Dirty, lazy and inept coding. If a process is no longer needed, code it closed to allow future use. If a process is required at all times, code it within the main program shell and not as a 3rd-party applet.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am forwarding all of the information in this topic to the developers, so they can investigate this. If you have any additional information, please do post it here so I can add it to the report.

A temporary fix for the issue seems to be as following: press Escape > Marketplace > My Items > Click the X on the top right to close it again.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

i AM HAVING BIG PROBLEMS WITH THIS TOO. I just realized my game is unplayeble because of this today. Until now i tried a bunch of stuff to figure out why the heck my game moves like i am playing it from a ancient pc (got i5 4560, gtx 1070, 8 gb ram, etc). It is horendous what this process is doing to my gameplay : dieing in pvp, pve, cant use marketplace, cant transfer items...horrible. Game moves fine for the first few mins, until i open marketplace or inventory...then all hell breaks lose.

At least now i know what to turn off to be able to play decently.

Pls fix this damn thing

Posted

This problem is still around. I5-6600K, and still everything freezes after 100% CPU consumption.

Posted

Process opens multiple times even when Black Spirit Adventure is disabled in game.   I dont think anyone would cry over the permanent removal of Black Spirit Adventure if it meant this process was also removed.

Posted

Process opens multiple times even when Black Spirit Adventure is disabled in game.   I dont think anyone would cry over the permanent removal of Black Spirit Adventure if it meant this process was also removed.

Well, GM_Dew suggested opening the own items posted in market and then closing it. So I assume this process is related with market, and, as Safka says, the map. There is no quick fix for Coherent UI if it's so important for the game...

It needs to be changed completely.

Posted

Please fix

Posted

Bump I get the same problem when I run bdo on laptop when I am fishing afk , I would come into the room as the laptop is making an insane noise due to the cpu usage!

I do what most do, get the things that it controls done then kill the process.

Posted

I find changing it to low priority helps.. heres a reply I made in another thread about this. 

I post last post there

Posted

This is still an ongoing problem. I minimized the game to tray, and was wondering why my cpu fans were still spinning like crazy. Oh, what do you know, coherent UI is still consuming 50% of a 4 core i7 7700k cpu.... sigh.

Posted

My coherent Ui is using more of my cpu than my game....

28.2% the ui

27.9% BDO

what is the deal with this please please fix it...

Posted

still running into this - haven't verified w/ today's patch however

Posted

Just found this process myself. I did not see it before.. And it's using 20% of my CPU.. And there are TWO of the processes...

I just force close those 2 processes. They also use 20-23% of my cpu each, and force closing them does nothing whatsoever to my game. I have no idea what they're even for.