• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What lvl is the new soft cap?

new soft cap?   127 votes

1. 1. wat lvl

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

so idk if "soft cap" has like an official websters dictionary definition and i feel like ppl interpret it in their own way. Generally i've thought about it was "when does grinding suck so bad that a reasonable person won't do it anymore". Now that's clearly very subjective, but wut evs. 

Anyway... what lvl is the softcap? 

i think it's 59

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

In addition to that question, which grindspot would be the new "must grind here" spot? Can't be that Sausans, Pirates or Crescent are still a thing in Valencia Part 2.

Posted

Posted (edited)

guildies who were 59 before the patch said 59 didn't feel much longer than 58.

there was a huge drop from 57-58 though. they probably pushed it to 60 now

Edited by Lick_MyCrit

Posted

In addition to that question, which grindspot would be the new "must grind here" spot? Can't be that Sausans, Pirates or Crescent are still a thing in Valencia Part 2.

Most people will stick with sausages and pirates, the new ones are tough, supposedly need ridiculously high AP to do em solo or do em in a group with 190 to to 200 so.

Two of my guildies went to one of em. Mobs drop 2-4 7k trash loot. They loved it, but it took them a bit long to kill the mobs.

Theoretically tho, if a duo can even clear 1k mobs an hour..... it would be silver city

Posted (edited)

Most people will stick with sausages and pirates, the new ones are tough, supposedly need ridiculously high AP to do em solo or do em in a group with 190 to to 200 so.

Two of my guildies went to one of em. Mobs drop 2-4 7k trash loot. They loved it, but it took them a bit long to kill the mobs.

Theoretically tho, if a duo can even clear 1k mobs an hour..... it would be silver city

ya i went in that new dungeon which has a weird portal entrance in the desert. I have 200 AP and 200 DP. There are monsters inside that look like robot chickens. They shoot lazers that hit me for 70% of my HP and i did basically no dmg to them.

These new grind areas are pretty hard. 

guildies who were 59 before the patch said 59 didn't feel much longer than 58.

there was a huge drop from 57-58 though. they probably pushed it to 60 now

60 would be a good stopping point cuz u'll have all ur awakening skill ad-ons. 

61+ seems almost like a hard cap. as in, you would actually be limited by xp/hr rates relative to how long the game has been out to actually achieving 61 or 62

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

How long would it take to go from 51 - 56 now? I want an estimation so I can set a grind date.

Posted

How long would it take to go from 51 - 56 now? I want an estimation so I can set a grind date.

maybe few hours with the 100 % buff

Till 55 u go elrics .then sausans/pirates

1 person likes this

Posted

ayyyylmao

Posted

Fogans in the desert. But no one wants to go there.

Posted (edited)

i would answer 55 because you can reach it in 14 hours or a bit less and with the new daily if you time it right before reset you can reach 56 fast with an empty spot at sausan .....

So pls add 55^^

Edited by Eletheriel

Posted

Fogans in the desert. But no one wants to go there.

Frogans were apart of Part 1, also there are people who go there its just a pain to repair afterwards >.<. There are "dungeons" I would recommend 250+DP or a full group to farm them because they hit like a truck.

Posted

Soft cap is 250 contribution points (even if the tooltip says 300 it has always been 250) and needs to be raised to match the new combat soft cap and updated since mediah and Valencia part 1 released.

Node/sub node cost is crazy compared to how little missions there are and how few the byproducts you get vs combat experience you get per mob/ease of skill points per hour.

Posted

so what i'm getting from this poll is that we should be pushing for 60 this patch. I'd say that's a fair assessment of the current climate. 

Perhaps we could think about it this way

hardcap: what is theoretically attainable

softcap: what is practically attainable. i.e. what can be done in practice

Posted

58 is fairly easy with the 100%/200% buff now.

Posted (edited)

58 is fairly easy with the 100%/200% buff now.

ya i'd definitely say softcap is beyond 58. 59 things start getting pretty time/focus intensive even if you can play this game 24 hrs a day. but pushing past 60 has got to be hellish. 

61 and 62 would be hard cap cuz it's legitimately impossible to get there considering xp rates and how long the game has been out. 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted (edited)

55 to 56 is like one weekend.

51-55 is like one weekend too.

at 55 there is the softcap currently from 50 to 55 takes same time from 55 to 56.

at 56 the thing gets crazy. with 200% exp buff + 50% exp buff +20% exp buff +10% valuepack . u get like 0,005% per sausan. i make 2% in 1 hour.

softcap didnt change since they release this game. They NEVER told that the softcap increases, but with all the exp buffs u can say softcap is 55. 

the guild im in: 50 members, 30 online yesterday 3 level 56 (me and the leader and one other)  rest <55. 

its easy to calculate, when u dont gain 1 level per 1 hour with all possible buffs, you are no longer in the softcap.

I'm level 56 and yesterday i was listed in the top level rankings. if u are 57 u are like ever in the rankings. Average player is level 51 at the momen ( friend is 51 and is exactly in the middle line of the ranking, i guess it was between B and C(dont remember)).

Edited by JuicyJanna

Posted

55 to 56 is like one weekend.

51-55 is like one weekend too.

at 55 there is the softcap currently from 50 to 55 takes same time from 55 to 56.

at 56 the thing gets crazy. with 200% exp buff + 50% exp buff +20% exp buff +10% valuepack . u get like 0,005% per sausan. i make 2% in 1 hour.

softcap didnt change since they release this game. They NEVER told that the softcap increases, but with all the exp buffs u can say softcap is 55. 

the guild im in: 50 members, 30 online yesterday 3 level 56 (me and the leader and one other)  rest <55. 

its easy to calculate, when u dont gain 1 level per 1 hour with all possible buffs, you are no longer in the softcap.

I'm level 56 and yesterday i was listed in the top level rankings. if u are 57 u are like ever in the rankings. Average player is level 51 at the momen ( friend is 51 and is exactly in the middle line of the ranking, i guess it was between B and C(dont remember)).

dont listen to him/her its a known troll

Everything he said is bs...

1 person likes this

Posted

everyone should be grinding to 60 with all these exp events / items we are getting

1 person likes this

Posted

at 57 with the new exp buff i got 4% an hour at sausan. i think the softcap is still 55 imo

Posted

dont listen to him/her its a known troll

Everything he said is bs...

shaming, negative attitude and griefing players opinions is against the rules.

btw. i can make a video for proof later.

Posted

JUst because your guild is not able to go past lv56, it does not mean that the softcap didnt change.

The average is at 57/58 now.

Posted (edited)

shaming, negative attitude and griefing players opinions is against the rules.

btw. i can make a video for proof later.

and i cam prove that i leveld from 52 to 56 in about 8-10 hours and 56 to 57 in about 18 hours.

Edited by Myntiix

Posted

and i cam prove that i leveld from 52 to 56 in about 8-10 hours and 56 to 57 in about 18 hours.

so im 100% right. 1 weekend ~ 18 hours playtime. 6 hours per day

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0