• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Playing with a proxy/vpn

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello, I just had a little question, I'm currently switching to a new place with a new wifi, but this wifi has restrictions including playing games like BDO.

So I did a little research and apparently I can get around that restriction using a proxy and stuff.

I knew that doing this was legal, but I was wondering if it was allowed or not in the legal terms of use of BDO.

I read it and found this : 

12.1.3. Use of unauthorized programs

The User shall not attempt to modify the gameplay of the Game by using:

- Software or sets of instructions (including macros) allowing the automated operation of controls in the Game;

- Software or code allowing the User to play the Game in ways which would not have been otherwise possible.

So does this line include proxys/vpn?

Thank you :) 

Edited by Keagghan

Posted

I think it is not allowed, because you could be playing from an IP Blocked region, but I am not sure anymore since every new topic about this matter has a different outcome.

Posted (edited)

dosent matter where you play from if you have a crap internet and need to use a 3rd party program you deserve to be banned for hacking!

oh yeah I have reported you op for investigation for hacking!

Edited by ambyentlight

Posted

dosent matter where you play from if you have a crap internet and need to use a 3rd party program you deserve to be banned for hacking!

oh yeah I have reported you op for investigation for hacking!

lol nice one.

I think it is not allowed, because you could be playing from an IP Blocked region, but I am not sure anymore since every new topic about this matter has a different outcome.

mmh well yeah I understand, still not sure though

Posted

It's a risk, long long time ago, in a galaxy far away, some CM is reported to have said that they don't actively seek out and ban vpners, but the anticheat can still flag you,

Means you're taking a risk

1 person likes this

Posted

It's a risk, long long time ago, in a galaxy far away, some CM is reported to have said that they don't actively seek out and ban vpners, but the anticheat can still flag you,

Means you're taking a risk

Well thanks, need to think about using one then

Posted

lol VPN has nothing to do with hacking/cheating/etc. its not illegal at all. Also if somebody uses a good VPN provider, you could never tell wether he is using one or not.  I'd say if you use one, just connect to a server in the same country you are in right now. It makes sense because of ping and also the encryption will bypass every restriction

Posted (edited)

lol VPN has nothing to do with hacking/cheating/etc. its not illegal at all. Also if somebody uses a good VPN provider, you could never tell wether he is using one or not.  I'd say if you use one, just connect to a server in the same country you are in right now. It makes sense because of ping and also the encryption will bypass every restriction

It doesn't make sense because then he still won't get past the IP block :P ergo he wouldn't need a VPN at all. Same country just gives him an IP that says its from wherever he is from ergo still won't let him play. Encryption can't change that fact. 

He needs to connect over a country that is not blocked for eu/na. 

But op, just do it. Nobody cares. Anticheat won't trigger and a GM etc won't ban u for it. Lots of as an example Russians ply on eu since day one. They all use a VPN and never had any issues with that. 

So feel free. If u can play BDO then. 

Edited by xMovingTarget

Posted

It doesn't make sense because then he still won't get past the IP block :P ergo he wouldn't need a VPN at all. Same country just gives him an IP that says its from wherever he is from ergo still won't let him play. Encryption can't change that fact. 

He needs to connect over a country that is not blocked for eu/na. 

But op, just do it. Nobody cares. Anticheat won't trigger and a GM etc won't ban u for it. Lots of as an example Russians ply on eu since day one. They all use a VPN and never had any issues with that. 

So feel free. If u can play BDO then. 

he never stated that its a IP block/region block:

Hello, I just had a little question, I'm currently switching to a new place with a new wifi, but this wifi has restrictions including playing games like BDO.

I thought its something like packet inspection and port restrictions, in those cases a VPN can help. 

Posted

he never stated that its a IP block/region block:

I thought its something like packet inspection and port restrictions, in those cases a VPN can help. 

Was assuming that since he said new place. 

Just try it out  OP. To say it again. You won't get banned or whatever for it. 

Posted (edited)

Was assuming that since he said new place. 

Just try it out  OP. To say it again. You won't get banned or whatever for it. 

also as I said, its difficult to detect a user with a good VPN service from a blocked country. They would have to manually check the IP+ provider and even then they cant be 100% if you are from a blocked country or if you just want to protect your connection. Sites like https://whatismyipaddress.com/ will tell you what kind of service will be detected. For example, a few years ago I used OkayFreedom VPN and it was always detected as a VPN service. Now i'm using CyberGhost and it says there is no service aka it assumes its a normal connection

Edited by PsiGhost

Posted

Well thank you guys, I'm gonna go for it then :)

Posted (edited)

Guys, help me with advice. Changed the place of living, here is the new wi-fi, and I often use proxy to work (advanced.name/ru). To turn it off to play is uncomfortable. Can the game slow down because of the new Internet, or behind a proxy?

Edited by Bijjus

Posted

Guys, help me with advice. Changed the place of living, here is the new wi-fi, and I often use proxy to work (advanced.name/ru). To turn it off to play is uncomfortable. Can the game slow down because of the new Internet, or behind a proxy?

could be your wifi latency is crap. 50meg download speed means nothing for mmo's, its all about latency.

Posted

guys i also got a question regarding blocked regions. i live in germany and wanna play with my pals on the NA server but idk if thats possible. bcs if not then i wont ever play BDO 

Posted

Thousands of BDO players are using them. Should have no issues doing so.

Posted

i live in germany and wanna play with my pals on the NA server but idk if thats possible.

It's possible, no need for VPN or anything.

Posted

It's possible, no need for VPN or anything.

alright thx :D

Posted

Try a good vpn service. I use PureVPN. Try to look at here https://myipservices.com/vpnrating/ and choose a vpn that suits you needs. With a good VPN service you can download anything you like without having to worry about getting caught and get access to the blocked content.

Posted

We have a large guild and are having a hard time finding a single channel that everyone works well on.   There's always a few that have lag, rubber banding and disconnects on a given channel that's clean for everyone else.   Then switching to a channel that works for the first group, it screws up for the second.

Apparently the BDO channel servers are in different locations or at least go through different routers?

Maybe this would help those that have issues to a given channel too if it's router packet loss somewhere in the Net causing this.