• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guild name restrictions!

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm making this thread to call DAUM's attention to the Guild name length restrictions.

A guild Name with only 10 length space for characters is ridiculous.

Please make it at least 20 characters MAX, I think this is a completely accessible request and simple enough to be done till launch.

I think a lot of Guilds would support this idea.

Edited by Nesato
34 people like this

Posted

What are you gonna use that 20 characters for?

Abracadabraalohamama?

1 person likes this

Posted

What are you gonna use that 20 characters for?

Abracadabraalohamama?

Well if you go to the US guild forum or EU guild forum, you'll se that ariund 50% of the Guilds have names that barely get over those 10 characters  and around 60% of those that fit in the game length are actually 10characters,right at the limit.

Posted

I think this is a holdover from Korean and it really should be increased. Asian languages often have a single symbol for an entire word, root, or syllable which makes 10 characters quite reasonable there. English usually requires far more characters.

Examples using google translate:

Night Avengers =  복수 자

Blood and Honor = 혈액과 명예

Very Long Name Here = 여기에 아주 긴 이름

4 people like this

Posted

3 people like this

Posted

Also the fact that you can only do one word. a name like "Banana Soldiers" is out of the question.

3 people like this

Posted

+1

Two words and twenty characters would be great. I mean, 'Cupcake' is already seven characters. That doesn't leave much room. 

Posted

+1 especially if currently we are unable to employ spaces as well. 

1 person likes this

Posted

NotLongEno

Ran outta space. 

4 people like this

Posted

10 characters is ludicrously low. I wholeheartedly support this suggestion!

Posted

Even just 15-16 would be a great improvement!

Posted

+1 support for this. They really are waaaaaaay too short right now.

Posted

+1 

I am very much in support this and would politely request to increase the number to something more sensible. 

Posted

+1 

10 characters and only one word means that if you create your guild a year from now, it's going to be nearly impossible to find a name at all.

Posted

+1

Posted

I'd only support it if the guild text above characters was an abbreviation of the full name. The amount of text is already horribly cluttered, 20 char guild names would make it worse.

Posted

Abbreviations are annoying, I vote for 20 characters.

Posted

I agree, only 10 characters for a kin name is ridiculously limiting. This gets my support completely.

+1

Aevi

Posted

A 10 characters limit is VERY easy to hit. The majority of the guilds I've ever been part of would have hit that easily.

20 would be far more reasonable.

Posted

My +1 too! If they did not release awesome classes like the Blader and Ninja because "they are too asian", then they should do something about this "too asian" characters limit too.

1 person likes this

Posted

This gets my +1 for all the reasons given in the posts above.

Posted

+1

Posted

+1 Cuz no real guilds in any mmo stories are under 10 character when translated to english, Or almost. around 98% do not fit those criterias.

Basing myself of vindictus, Blade and soul, Tera, etc.

Posted

So much +1 for these +10 characters in the guild names.

Posted

+1 Please oh please give us more freedom!