• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guild name restrictions!

74 posts in this topic

Posted

This! And spaces! Please make spaces, I need them!

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

There's hardly any room to make a good name for a guild with only 10 characters and NO spaces on top of that. My guild that I run in other games has a name that doesn't come close to fitting this limit without butchering it into something incoherent.

Posted

Spaces, yes, we do need spaces. Underscores look bad.

1 person likes this

Posted

RavensOfWar - I was able to name our guild that. That's 11 characters.
Which means, it's already been addressed.

THANK YOU, DAUM!
Well done!

Don't believe it has, during CBT2 the problem ssems to persist, maybe they made it 11 instead of 10.

Posted

We are in CBT right now, running around with 11 character guild names

Posted

Can't remember if I supported this already, but if not, here's my support!

Posted

+1 spaces & more characters

Posted

+1

I would love the 20 words. I had to abbreviate our name to 3 letters :(

Posted (edited)

Any update @GM_Jouska?

Edited by Konijntje

Posted

I've always wanted to make a guild called Donkey Punch Railroad. How can you deny me that right!

Posted

+1 though 20 characters is a bit too much... 15 - 16 is the usual standard if I recall correctly for western games.

Posted

I agree this needs to be addressed as well as the chat character limit. +1.

However, I'm pretty sure the devs have already well considered it and are working on it soon, as it's a minor issue, and will eventually be patched. Teams have schedules, can't just say "it's easy, do it tomorrow," - they have certain projects to explore before getting to the minuscule suggestions.

Posted

+1

This.

Posted

I couldn't think of anything nice to say so I deleted it and left this emoticon instead: :P +1

Posted

+1 :)

Posted

+1  We need space in our names! 

Posted

+1

Posted

+1 , a heinous oversight

I'd prefer spaces as well, but I think that's reaching a little far

Posted

I agree this needs to be addressed as well as the chat character limit. +1.

However, I'm pretty sure the devs have already well considered it and are working on it soon, as it's a minor issue, and will eventually be patched. Teams have schedules, can't just say "it's easy, do it tomorrow," - they have certain projects to explore before getting to the minuscule suggestions.

its not minor since all guild names are created after sunday already.

Posted

+1, as I said on the other Post I viewed like this, as regards to spacing, and allowing a space in a name, - this would be beneficial to that point also. While I know, "GuildName" is exactly the same as "Guild Name" and while in character for example in Roleplay a name above your head doesn't matter---it just looks wrong >.<.

Posted

I want to hug you, good sir!

Posted

Hubert Blaine Wolfe­schlegel­stein­hausen­berger­dorff, Sr. (a.k.a. Hubert WolfsternHubert B. Wolfe + 666, Sr.Hubert Blaine Wolfe+585, Sr., andHubert Blaine Wolfe+590, Sr., among others) is the abbreviated name of atypesetter who has held the record for the longest personal name ever used. Hubert'sgiven name is made up from 26 names, each starting with a different letter of thealphabet in consecutive order; these are followed by an enormously long single-word surname. The exact length and spelling of his name has been a subject of considerable confusion due in part to its various renderings over the years, many of which are plagued by typographical errors. One of the longest and most reliable published versions, with a 666-letter surname, is as follows:

Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfe­schlegel­stein­hausen­berger­dorff­welche­vor­altern­waren­gewissen­haft­schafers­wessen­schafe­waren­wohl­gepflege­und­sorg­faltig­keit­be­schutzen­vor­an­greifen­durch­ihr­raub­gierig­feinde­welche­vor­altern­zwolf­hundert­tausend­jah­res­voran­die­er­scheinen­von­der­erste­erde­mensch­der­raum­schiff­genacht­mit­tung­stein­und­sieben­iridium­elek­trisch­motors­ge­brauch­licht­als­sein­ur­sprung­von­kraft­ge­start­sein­lange­fahrt­hin­zwischen­stern­artig­raum­auf­der­suchen­nach­bar­schaft­der­stern­welche­ge­habt­be­wohn­bar­planeten­kreise­drehen­sich­und­wo­hin­der­neue­rasse­von­ver­stand­ig­mensch­lich­keit­konnte­fort­pflanzen­und­sicher­freuen­an­lebens­lang­lich­freude­und­ru­he­mit­nicht­ein­furcht­vor­an­greifen­vor­anderer­intelligent­ge­schopfs­von­hin­zwischen­stern­art­ig­raum, Senior.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubert_Blaine_Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff,_Sr.

Sooo...can we get that name on one character? xD

Posted

Let us use spaces, but make a minimum of 3 letters used. I don't know why. Make the max characters 20. 

Also

//necro'd

who did it

Posted

Necroing this topic, as it's still desired.

I also would like to have more freedom in terms of Guild names. Guild names of 10 characters? This can't be real. Group/Guild names are difficult to choose if there are only 10 characters available. Character names are easy, but for a group of players, more freedom is required.