• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What do you see when you read 01/09/16?

What do you see when you read 01/09/16?   248 votes

1. 1. Like serious.

• January 9, 2016
    • September 1, 2016
    • Why the f*** is this a question. Everyone in I asked in real life said January 9, 2016

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

79 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This question is for everyone.

Edited by Valeon
Kinda want them GMs to see this but im too sh*t to try linking it to them.

Posted (edited)

This question is for everyone +16 and up. That is the Pegi rating for black desert.

Because this is an EU publisher. Course they're going to have different way to tell the date, mate. ;x.

379d6d09377d34fa2f96013e09423d05.thumb.p

Edited by Skullcatron
Changed company to publisher, and added Carl the Cuck
2 people like this

Posted

Because this is an EU publisher. Course they're going to have different way to tell the date, mate. ;x.

379d6d09377d34fa2f96013e09423d05.thumb.p

No but seriously. Everyone (even EU people that I asked) said January 9.

I'm just asking your personal opinion, disregard that they're a European company, etc.

Posted

No but seriously. Everyone (even EU people that I asked) said January 9.

I'm just asking your personal opinion, disregard that they're a European company, etc.

Because we know that they may had accidently connected this to KR update. Well I mean, they did copy-pasted alot of patch note from company.

Not like I can hold it against them. I never bothered to look at the full sentence, rather I look at the actual posted date. >_> It would be hilarious read, if it was actually scheduled for January 9th 2016. Because then they pretty much was 8 month late.

Posted

At 1 vote for each. So far we've confirmed that I am from the U.S. and Skullcatron is not, haha.

Posted

At 1 vote for each. So far we've confirmed that I am from the U.S. and Skullcatron is not, haha.

Good to know I'm not from the U.S, yet I'm born on U.S soil. 

5f75efa099ec1b90ad3c0a340cef8715.thumb.p

Posted

The First of September Two Thousand Sixteen.

Posted

Being from the EU it has always initially meant 1 September 2016, but as always double check because most publishers are NA.

I reckon the number of 9 Januari votes might rocket up though, most people in the EU are now sound asleep.

Posted

The first of September 2016 as that's how I see dates and have learnt to read it. I don't read dates backwards like Americans. Australians read the date the same as Europeans and we also have the same spellings. Such as US uses Armor and color, Eu and Aus spell the same words Armour and colour etc.

Posted

Personally, I've only known 3 or so ways to read dates

YYYYMMDD    MM/DD/YY   or   September 1st, 2016 or January 9th, 2016

The date format that Kakao/Daum uses I was oblivious to until today and I wasnt aware of the DD/MM/YYYY format.

But yeah, best way to tell if you're American?

Posted

Easy.... 1. September 2016

Who on Earth would seriously call Month before Day? :P

The date format that Kakao/Daum uses I was oblivious to until today and I wasnt aware of the DD/MM/YYYY format.

You never heard of DD/MM/YY ???

Where do you live?

Posted

Im just convinced most of the people viewing this post are European now ;<

Posted

Im just convinced most of the people viewing this post are European now ;<

Nope, American here, but I read dates the European way because it just makes more sense.

3 people like this

Posted

i used this format in the military.

Posted

Nope, American here, but I read dates the European way because it just makes more sense.

Outside of Blackdesert, I've never encounted DD/MM/YY

Im just honestly wondering what people think about the Date Format when they see it.

And regarding the EU date format. I think YYYYMMDD makes more sense because irl or Spelling out the whole thing (ie September 1st,2016)

You never heard of DD/MM/YY ???

Where do you live?

America. Even when I visited relatives in EU, The whole DD/MM/YY never came across to me. If anything, Im an ignorant American wondering how many other people come across why Black Desert formatted their date like this. Like now I know why (EU company, etc) but you can argue that other games that went overseas from KR used other Date formats. I dont have any examples on hand. I'm just poking around for people who either take issue to this or think im stupid for not knowing DD/MM/YY. 

And no, I dont use MM/DD/YYYY. I just recognized it when I was growing up, thats what we used ;x

Im not calling for them to change their format, Im just wondering how many people read it another way other than September 1st, 2016.

Posted

1st September is correct, although it is currently 11:44am friday the 2nd of September here in my part of Aus.

Posted

I see a date written how it should be written, day-month-year. I don't get the US system....it seems wietd cuz everyone knows what month it is, right? It's the day that's important. Why NA put the month is purely mysterious to me...

But i won't go into a US published forum and carry on about it though.

Posted

Mericans...

Posted

This question is for everyone +16 and up. That is the Pegi rating for black desert.

How many different forums are you going to post this on?

Posted

How many different forums are you going to post this on?

I dont know, how many forums have I posted on..? 

Posted

YYYYMMDD please because it sorts better. ;-) U.S. Military if I remember correctly (it has been a while) tends to use letters for the month to avoid confusion. e.g. 01SEP2016

Posted (edited)

they should really just spell out the date

they publish for EU & NA, so it makes sense to use the more explicit form

ie. September 1, 2016, not 09/01/16 or 01/09/16

Edited by Anemone
2 people like this

Posted

Now you know that they use DD/MM/YY, EU system

problem solved

Posted

As i'm from AUS this is the First Of September 2016