• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Possible source of bots?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Could people attempt to use bots to advertise services which purchase pearls on your account (presumably using stolen cc data) and then sell that service at a price less than the pearls. 

If gold isn't tradeable, I feel like the next thing botters would go after is selling pearls to people at a discount ( I vaguely remember this happening on a game I used to play but I don't remember which one since I usually just ignore not spam anyway)

Posted (edited)

I suppose but not really due to the energy cost, anyone stupid enough to fall for it would sort of deserve it.. 

Edited by Dagnis

Posted

That's an option, but I believe commercial bots will simply avoid Black Desert because there is no money to make. Focusing on Black Desert just to trade with stolen Credit Cards is not worth their time. They would rather do this as a side job for extra income besides selling gold.

There might still be personal bots/macros however.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I'll pass up on that since its against the TOS and you can get scammed or you can get banned

Edited by Jumanji

Posted

if any bots surface... id assume pvm, resource gathering, and trading bots...

something along the line of runescape's powerbots

does a certain job thats a skill or profit, but thats about it

Posted (edited)

Excuse me, I'm on mobile and I broke the post format lol.

The main issue is that stolen cc data is worth like 10cents on the black market, so even ifthe returns aren't great, the cost is virtually zero. The problem may get better as the game goes on, but I believe at least at launch there will be a great deal of bots trying to take advantage of the game in some way. 

Come to think of it, they could also sell macros like the people who sell the code to make hacked lobbies in CoD

Attempting to quote flip but failing rip

Edited by llllllllllx

Posted

That's an option, but I believe commercial bots will simply avoid Black Desert because there is no money to make. Focusing on Black Desert just to trade with stolen Credit Cards is not worth their time. They would rather do this as a side job for extra income besides selling gold.

There might still be personal bots/macros however.

not related.

but you have been a part of forums for almost exactly 4 months now and you have 2787 posts.... jesus man... take a break you literally post a AVERAGE of 24 things EVERYDAY.... lol not talking crap.. but jesus...

Posted

If there are bots I suggest game mechanics allow players to PK them repeatedly then get a karma refund after bots have been banned.

So basically when player loses karma, track player names he lost it on. If any of those names get banned later on, refund that karma to player.

Sounds like fun. I would go bot huntinghunting all day :D

Posted

Sounds like fun. I would go bot huntinghunting all day :D

not really as fun as it sounds... would do this in games like ragnarok online... sounds fun... but then you notice after you have killed hundreds if not thousands of bots. they just keep coming.. then it slowly kinda eats at you until your so annoyed u quit playing haha.. 

i typically pretend bots dont exist so they dont impact how much i enjoy the game

1 person likes this

Posted

Could people attempt to use bots to advertise services which purchase pearls on your account (presumably using stolen cc data) and then sell that service at a price less than the pearls. 

If gold isn't tradeable, I feel like the next thing botters would go after is selling pearls to people at a discount ( I vaguely remember this happening on a game I used to play but I don't remember which one since I usually just ignore not spam anyway)

So people would let someone else on their account, to use a STOLEN credit card on there account..... I can see a major flaw with that one right away.

Posted

not really as fun as it sounds... would do this in games like ragnarok online... sounds fun... but then you notice after you have killed hundreds if not thousands of bots. they just keep coming.. then it slowly kinda eats at you until your so annoyed u quit playing haha.. 

i typically pretend bots dont exist so they dont impact how much i enjoy the game

idk I just like following bots around in general lol

Posted

How could you pretend he doesn't exist. jeeeez

unknown.gif

Posted (edited)

So people would let someone else on their account, to use a STOLEN credit card on there account..... I can see a major flaw with that one right away.

Assumption is that only people who didn't know the nitty gritty of how it actually worked would go for it. 

Also selling macros would still work as they would not require acc or cc access

Edited by llllllllllx

Posted

Assumption is that only people who didn't know the nitty gritty of how it actually worked would go for it. 

Still i dont think many would. Though there is nothing stopping a gold farming company using stolen CC's to GIFT people cash shop items. But then again, the cash shop items are not P2W really. What would you do after u have all the pets, max'd inv space on everything? Only group affected by this really is DAUM. Kinda their job to sort that out anyway.

Posted (edited)

would this work?

1. Powerbot to high lvl with good gear
2. Remove all gear/items into the storage, except the one he wishes to sell
3. Kill low levels players or horses. Receive negative karma.
4. Go meet with the buyer
5. Die, and let them loot your corpse. 

Edited by α

Posted

Still i dont think many would. Though there is nothing stopping a gold farming company using stolen CC's to GIFT people cash shop items. But then again, the cash shop items are not P2W really. What would you do after u have all the pets, max'd inv space on everything? Only group affected by this really is DAUM. Kinda their job to sort that out anyway.

Is gifting cashop items possible? I was und the impression thathat wasnt wa

would this work?

1. Powerbot to high lvl with good gear
2. Remove all gear/items into the storage, except the one he wishes to sell
3. Kill low levels players or horses. Receive negative karma.
4. Go meet with the buyer
5. Die, and let them loot your corpse. 

no corpse looting in game

1 person likes this

Posted

Is gifting cashop items possible? I was und the impression thathat wasnt wa

no corpse looting in game

Yeah u can gift. Which is a problem in KR version. You see they put a $500 limit on spending per month, people avoid the spending cap by simply making a second account and gifting more stuff onto their main account. The P2W in KR is strong. You will notice in Jouska's post they were talking about adding a spendcap to prevent pay to win....

• Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase
  • If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace

Basically what he talking about is what KR uses which is the spend cap, however if that is enabled, and items can be gifted... well obviously that system would be easily bypassed. Hopefully they are aware of it but i havent heard any response to people asking about it yet.

Posted

Yeah u can gift. Which is a problem in KR version. You see they put a $500 limit on spending per month, people avoid the spending cap by simply making a second account and gifting more stuff onto their main account. The P2W in KR is strong. You will notice in Jouska's post they were talking about adding a spendcap to prevent pay to win....

• Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase
  • If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace

Basically what he talking about is what KR uses which is the spend cap, however if that is enabled, and items can be gifted... well obviously that system would be easily bypassed. Hopefully they are aware of it but i havent heard any response to people asking about it yet.

Well that's dumb. Maybe not from a $$ perspective directly, but from a customer satisfaction perspective

Posted

If goldsellers even bother to get their dirty hands on this game, the following services will be provided:

Power leveling

Max profession

Botting every task that you're otherwise too lazy to do on your own.

No pearls, no gold. Unless Daum adds a function that lets players trade pearls, in which case they'll buy tons of pearls on discounts and sell them when the discount ends for profit.

1 person likes this

Posted

You will see more people using bots for personal use to get ahead.

Posted

bots will always exist. nothing you can do about it. even if there was a high ban rate.

in korea they sell services to log into your account and buy pearls for you because in some cases, you get locked out for not being korean

ive used it before and its legit

so.

yea.

its not a scam. not really. you're just paying less. sometimes more. if you want to risk ur account then go ahead.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0