• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Horse Skill Change RNG (Random Number Generation) Modification

Greetings,

I am proposing that the RNG on the horse skill change coupons be changed/modified in the following ways to enhance the overall experience of the Black Desert community patrons, and furthermore reduce/remove the phenomenon of "gambling" with one's real money.

Idea 1 - Creating a threshold when making attempts to change horse skills at which RNG would no longer play a role, and a guarantee would be granted as a result of reaching said threshold. 

Ex. * A player is purchasing [Horse Skill Change Coupon] in an attempt to change Forechop to Instant Accel. They purchase one, "Darn! No such luck." and  they try again, same result, they now have two stacks of "Hope". This continues on until it reaches 5 stacks, Little Johnny Gamerson does not have Lady Luck on his side tonight, but behold! By his sixth attempt he has spent well enough money, got his heart rate pumping, but has thankfully reached a fail-safe, or threshold that our friendly Black Desert staff members have thoughtfully added to the most recent patch, assuring that on his 6th attempt he is guaranteed to get the skill of his choice! Now, RNG still plays a role in this scenarios in following way: Prior to attempt #6 a lucky dude or dudette may be able to achieve this goal in less tries than 6, in which case we praise RNGsus and the Black Desert Staff for being totally rad! 

------

Idea 2 - Remake the [Horse Skill Change Coupon] completely. Hold on content developers, don't click off the page just yet! 

Ex. * The underlying system is absolutely fine in the sense that the coupon is exchanged for a skill change, even the name stays the same, however what changes is the price of the coupon and the RNG factor , being realized for the cruel mistress she is, is kicked to the curb a.k.a removed! I would suggest placing the [Horse Skill Change Coupon] at a higher price, perhaps 1000 pearls or somewhere in that general area, and making it a one time deal, you buy the coupon, exchange it in the stables and your desired skill is instantaneously granted to you! 

------

It is my opinion that changes such as these would increase the satisfaction of the people who choose to contribute in excess of base-cost to Black Desert, and increase the likelihood that people will choose to purchase this item, therefore generating modest to potentially significant revenue for the game and it's future developments. I also believe that choosing to modify something in this way, that reaches the mutual satisfaction of both ends of the spectrum can help solidify bonds between the BDO Team and the community at large, which is always a great thing! 

* I totally want feedback from anyone who can add ideas, change ideas, etc, so please comment! *

A most pleasant day to you all! ( Imagine that in a really posh English accent.. don't you feel classy? )

Edited by Metametu
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

The change coupon isn´t really meant to change skills in the end but more like building failstacks while leveling. ( a cm once mentioned this in the massive horse thread) However, your idea of a "save enchant level" could give the item even more versatility and turn it into the item of which most people already think it should be. I´d welcome a little overhaul of this coupon and hope a cm looks into your suggestions! :)

Edited by RainbowRat
1 person likes this

Posted

I wish it could be reworked also.  Honestly I wish the whole breeding system could be overhauled but I won't clog up this topic with all that :)

1 person likes this

Posted

keep the RNG coupon at same price

add a non-RNG guaranteed coupon for a 5x price

2 people like this

Posted

I suggest stop spending ANY money like people did trying to get the perfect pet until they stop the wild gambling effect of the game. Other games make plenty of money letting people buy what they want. There is enough things to buy without the RNG process. They would make more money for everyone would spend knowing they get what they are buying without the gamble aspect.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

let the Skill Delete coupon permanently delete a learned skill AND remove it from the list of potential skills to learn permamently

Edited by coach
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

They should just make training level influence the RNG of horses learning better skills, then we wouldn't have to worry about the coupons. Training is literally one of the the most useless professions to level. In fact, I cringe every time I call it a profession, it's more of a hobby honestly, because it's level doesn't effect anything past Beginner 5 (giving you the ability to catch a horse in the first place). On top of that, they should make the coupons a loyalty item/craftable item and stop putting a paywall between horse trainers/riders and all the items needed for horses. I don't see fisherman buying rods from the cash shop, traders buying speed boosts for wagons, etc etc. It's all available in game for them by PLAYING. Why should we be treated any differently? I say stop purchasing the items until Pearl Abyss finally changes it, but I know people are still going to do it anyway. Hopefully they listen to us at some point.

Edited by Greenleaf
3 people like this

Posted

While I agree with the OP that it needs to be changed, 5 years ago it would have been an in game mechanic and not a cash shop thing.

Seriously, it would be really cool to have more in game things and activities around breeding. I am always about less cash shop when it comes to mount mechanics. I'm sad I even had to say that. That shouldn't even be a thing players in games should have to say.

"RNG-based Mount Mechanic Cash Shop Items".

What?

1 person likes this

Posted

they just changed the horse NAME coupon to loyalty... maybe this isnt far off.. -crosses fingers-

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Soooo agree with this.  The skill change coupon as-is right now is useless, if you have a single crap skill unlearned, you will just trade out between the one you're trying to get rid of and that one crap one time after time after time after time again......

.  I would rather them not make the price go up, we shouldn't have to pay for them now as it is....sooo dumb. 

A couple of options I'd support would be:

1. I agree with someone's suggestion to make the "deletion" coupon DELETE a skill...NOT unlearn it, nowhere near the same thing.  Leave the skill change coupon as-is, and just allow us to completely delete skills (so you don't accidentally learn the crap again - REMOVE it entirely as an option), that would help a lot
  2. Add a second skill change coupon, that is guaranteed, and it can be a higher price, but for those that have only good skills remaining unlearned, so are guaranteed something decent from a coupon, I don't want to pay $10 for it, so the non-guaranteed skill change coupons need to remain as-is (if not even cheaper and/or available via other means)
  3. Make skill change coupons available IN-GAME.  Why are trainers shit on in this game?  No other life profession has to repeatedly buy crap from the pearl shop nonstop:  i.e. death resets (for if some jack wagon kills your horse while you're leveling it or if for no reason it takes a 90 degree turn straight into a river and drowns), breeding resets (cuz if you want to breed horses, this is a must or you will spend all your time leveling horses and no time getting foals), and now skill resets because RNG shits on your HOURS of leveling your horse and 4 of the 5 skills your horse didn't get are the ONLY four that matter so your horse is not worth keeping and is worth shit on the Market cuz it's skills suck (and don't try to use the current coupon to make it worth a little more, because that one shit skill you haven't learned means you will just keep swapping it out over and over, the same one every time)
  4. Make the coupons available for purchase with Loyalty (but not at some ridiculously high loyalty cost like some of these loyalty items are - especially considering how crappy these coupons are currently)
  5. Make the "hope" aka failstacks actually work maybe.....from my experience at this point and time, I will argue that they do absolutely nothing.  These coupons are purchased with REAL money, they shouldn't be treated like friggin blackstones that can drop from a damn beetle and force you to have like 20+ failstacks to get a dang decent skill (IF that even works....ANY decent skill, versus again...just swapping out the same 2 shit skills)
  6. Make the hope stacks have a guaranteed level (i.e. tries 1 - 5 are RNG, but at 5 Hope / failstacks, it becomes a guarantee
  7. Make your training level mean something (beside a small xp increase when leveling) - let a higher training level mean a higher chance to learn skills and even increase your chance to learn GOOD skills

Not claiming these ideas as my own, as several folks suggested these same things already or similar variations, but I just wanted to highlight how just any one of these options would be an improvement.  I would be happy with any mix of these being implemented, because at this point anything is better than the massive ripoff they are pawning these skill coupons off for today. 

I REALLY hope they listen though, because I can tell you that my complaints on this so far have just yielded responses such as "It's working as intended"  or "it's a cruel fate bestowed by a roll of the dice", and that this is "not the case of a broken element within the game".  All generic responses to just defend their broken skill change system, which just tells me that they could care less.

Edited by Luna Nightshade