• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Need some Computer Geek help (GTX 1080 Sli or Titan x Pascal)

26 posts in this topic

Posted

So im going to buy a new graphic card and I was wondering whats best 1080 sli or titan x pascal , I checked some comparaison and the sli gave better performance but i couldnt get one for BDO because I heard some games are not working as well as others with sli so I was hoping to get some feedback here .

Posted

If you plan to play BDO on it, avoid the SLI, get the Titan X because most of your fps comes from your CPU anyway, you will just be producing more heat with SLI

1 person likes this

Posted

Correction; if you plan to get either of those setups for bdo stop right there because you're just spending on overkill. 

SLI/crossfire is a hit and miss. Unless you know it will work, err on the side of caution and avoid.

Posted

Correction; if you plan to get either of those setups for bdo stop right there because you're just spending on overkill. 

SLI/crossfire is a hit and miss. Unless you know it will work, err on the side of caution and avoid.

People don't care about overkill when you have money, I have a 1080z, I don't care, just stating that SLI will just produce more heat in the long run

Posted

People don't care about overkill when you have money, I have a 1080z, I don't care, just stating that SLI will just produce more heat in the long run

you should care, I don't care if you have five hundred or five billion dollars. That's extra money you can put toward something like dinner... Or more hookers and blow. Doesn't everyone want more of that?

Posted

you should care, I don't care if you have five hundred or five billion dollars. That's extra money you can put toward something like dinner... Or more hookers and blow. Doesn't everyone want more of that?

24368947.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Some people can have all of them...

--------

BDO apart i heard there is a lot's of compatibility problems with a lots of other games... steam forum or other gaming forum are full of complain about SLI/cross fire compatibility

Edited by Drino

Posted

24368947.jpg

more hookers it is

Posted

If you plan to play BDO on it, avoid the SLI, get the Titan X because most of your fps comes from your CPU anyway, you will just be producing more heat with SLI

If that was the case I wouldnt have FPS issue in max settings because im runing i7 4770k with GTX 760 but people with the same CPU but with GTX 770 they run max settings 60FPS so your info is innacurate. Also Games that relies more on CPU are often more RTS games , BDO is made on a custom engine and its very GPU intensive. Altough Titan might be better since it might be true that this game isnt working well on multi GPU which is why im asking what im asking in the OP .

Posted

If that was the case I wouldnt have FPS issue in max settings because im runing i7 4770k with GTX 760 but people with the same CPU but with GTX 770 they run max settings 60FPS so your info is innacurate. Also Games that relies more on CPU are often more RTS games , BDO is made on a custom engine and its very GPU intensive. Altough Titan might be better since it might be true that this game isnt working well on multi GPU which is why im asking what im asking in the OP .

GPU will never hit 100% because the CPU is a bottleneck, it's known for a lot of MMOs to be CPU bottlenecks, I mean, 760 is outdated af, that's why you're bottleneck is your gpu currently, but with a 1080/titan your bottleneck will be back on the cpu, BDO is cpu intensive af lol

Posted (edited)

SLI with this game is OK but finicky. I had 760 in sli. It helped a lot when it worked. However it would drop out of SLI mode and was hard to get working again without restarting the app. I could alt-tab back and forth sometimes to get it working again, but sometimes that would not work. If you need to use teamspeak, browse the web etc, then you risk SLI being disabled in BDO while u play.

I got a single 1070 and things are much better. no more fighting with SLI. YMMV. cant answer your exact question, but figured I would share my experiences. FPS is much higher, more reliably with the 1070, including node wars.(so people saying its all your CPU, well a better GPU does help)

TLDR: Avoid SLI if possible.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

Running sli gtx 980 ti here with no issues. It depends on the resolution you're running to say if it's worth the extra investment.

Posted

If you can get a stronger single GPU instead of 2 or more GPUs in SLI, always get the stronger single GPU.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you are looking to drop upwards of $1200 on a GPU then definitely go with a Titan XP over 2x 1080s.

As others have said, you will not get reliable returns on an SLI setup.  Some games will run SLI with no issues and give you decent scaling, others will scale poorly, and some will not support it at all.  With a Titan XP you will get a fairly consistent ~30% performance increase over a 1080 in any situation where your GPU is bottle-necking your performance.

Or you can live the high life and buy 2x Titan XPs and SLI them.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you have the money get the new Titan X aka TitanXP. 

I saw people using SLI GPU though, but they don't scale that good. So don't take this for granted!

Also, best is buy the strongest single GPU if you have the money, and Nvidia started to restrict their SLI since the new Pascal. They don't like the SLI road.

Posted

Honestly, im holding off and saving for a 1080TI 

its always wise to wait until the entire line up is released before buying into the nvidia cards

Posted

Titan XP if you gonna watercool

Posted

Who are you to tell someone else how best to spend their money. You sound like a Tumblrite right now, get off the damn podium.

Posted

Running sli gtx 980 ti here with no issues. It depends on the resolution you're running to say if it's worth the extra investment.

what do you run your rez at?? i have a rog 980 ti running 2k and was thinking about getting another Poseidon Platinum

Posted

what do you run your rez at?? i have a rog 980 ti running 2k and was thinking about getting another Poseidon Platinum

i running it at 3440x1440 with all options on bar high end mode as it drains the fps too much for my liking. Gets a nice 70-90fps and even Kzarka is at a decent frame rate.

1 person likes this

Posted

To the OP, consider the following:

The CPU / RAM / GPU and Resolution should all be under consideration, not just the GPU.

As was mentioned before, the bottleneck to the performance you seek could be in the misalignment of all the components, so what I would advise is starting from the monitor and state what you want versus what it can deliver. Then work back from there to the GPU then CPU and lastly RAM. A balanced system will mean that the only other aspect where you will not be able to control, is the lag that comes from external connection to a distant server. If that is under-speced, you will notice it, but you will not be able to do anything about it.

Things to note.

Power supply comes into play with the latest CPU. Clean, constant power is essential for the latest CPUs so you will need to look for a gold rated PSU.

As games are not built to utilise multi-core CPUs, SLI or Crossfired GPUs are also not catered for. However, some other function you use the computer for might require this functionality - I feel confident in stating that BDO will not improve because of it.

Hope this helps

A computer geek.

Posted

doesn't matter which card, the performance will only increase slightly.
mmorpgs aren't built with the mind of reaching more then 60 fps at all times, especially not if things like high end mode are activated.
many belive, the stronger the card, the higher it will scale, which is wrong.
games are built with limits to protect your computer from overtaxing your peripheral devices.
you might see someone with a gtx 980 running thru towns with 30-44 fps on 1080p with all settings enabled and his card loaded to 80-90%, but that doesn't mean your titan x will ignore those limits and go to 90% and offer you more fps.it'll offer the same average fps, but with less load and more stability.

and stability is important.you can reach better goals with better cards in mmorpgs, but you won't exceed the given limits.
some look at FPS as if it was something magical, but ignore the fact that not all games are built around them, especially not mmorpgs with high graphical load.

of course, all depends on resolution, but in the end, you will probably be perfectly fine with a gtx 1080, even at 4k in this game, as long as you don't turn on high end mode.no card will save you from dropping below 60 fps occassionaly with this setting on.

if you're asking me, go for the titan xp if you have the money and don't care spending it or wait for the 1080ti and decide at that time.
going for SLI or higher is stupid for games alone, but can do great things to you if media design is involved.

as far as gaming alone goes, strong single cards are usually the best, unless you got a tight budget and want to go for mid-range cards where the extra performance can actually boost your experience, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

SLI isn't bad, but it's overkill if done on high end cards for games that can't utilize all that beast power.

Posted

i running it at 3440x1440 with all options on bar high end mode as it drains the fps too much for my liking. Gets a nice 70-90fps and even Kzarka is at a decent frame rate.

hmm

i also run sli 980ti at 3440x1440 and i have to run at medium setting to even reach 60 fps

theyre both water cooled and overclocked

Posted

hmm

i also run sli 980ti at 3440x1440 and i have to run at medium setting to even reach 60 fps

theyre both water cooled and overclocked

For what it's worth i have a 6700k I7 which made a significant improvement on my fps in this game from my old i7 950.

Posted

For what it's worth i have a 6700k I7 which made a significant improvement on my fps in this game from my old i7 950.

ya i got a 5960x back in january wish i had waited to get the 6900K