• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Whats the point in the block feature?

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

To prevent the user from seeing the messages from a specific player.

So you don't like what someone says? Block them. Simple as that. Personally, I don't block anyone regardless of whether or not I want to hear them, the game is empty as is and I don't like living in a bubble.

So why am I asking?

Because I was suspended for two full days,on a weekend, for "Harassment."

The first thought that came to your mind is probably that I deserve it, well, that isn't for you to decide. The real purpose of this post is to show you why its stupid to be reported for "harassment."

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210755369-Reporting-another-Player

I don't understand why you would report instead of simply blocking.  Do you think you're making the world a better place because you can just pluck the people you don't like out?

And before you say pking is a form of harassment, this is literally an open world PvP game, so by definition, pking is harassment. But its part of the game. If someone keeps pking you, sorry, that person is more lucky than you, change channels. There are so many ways a player can take responsibility themselves and avoid being harassed. 

"Why should I go out of my way not to be harassed?"

Harassment is defined as " aggressive pressure or intimidation." (According to Google, at least) This is a PvP game, the most fun aspect of the game is the constant pressure, and arguably intimidation if you consider trash talk intimidation. Thats why I enjoyed Rust. You, the player, have the power to avoid the verbal pressure of another by simply blocking. Its unbelievably simple. And people who thrive off attention will probably get bored and leave.

"PvP is not the most fun aspect of the game."

If you disagree that PvP is the main aspect of the game, and you prefer to spend your time with life skills, then this post is irrelevant to you. However, if you are a Pve person, then you bought the wrong game. Because I shouldn't be punished for PvPing in a game that allows me to do so.

"PvP is only PvP when its consensual."

----- is still sex, just without consent. Pk is still PvP, just without consent. The fact that the game allows me to kill without your consent just shows where the games mechanics lean towards, which is open world pvp. But the game's mechanics and the game's rules are clearly conflicting with one another.

"Regardless of what the player can do to avoid harassment, you did violate the terms of use, which says you cannot harass a player."

And that is the issue I am having at the moment. Especially considering that I just made it clear that "harassment" is a core part of the game. Which is why they should spiffy up the terms of use to fit a PvP game, and not Rainbow Dolphin Online.

"You probably said something Racist/Sexist/Etcist."

Actually, the only thing I said to the player was that she was rude af for not saying goodbye when we did our relic group earlier. I'm usually melodramatic in game so people won't take me seriously.

At the very least, send me a warning, I would have definitely stopped if I knew the player had a low tolerance for other people having fun. In fact, someone from her group said he was laughing like hell watching me act stupid. 

I do not deserve to be suspended for doing what the game allows and encourages me to do.

The video is my first thought after the image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSnFX4ddaw

Thank you for your time.

harrasment.png

Edited by BruceBeef
Edit: Font size inconstancy.

Posted

TL;DR I got banned and now i'm salty because my week end is ruined.

6 people like this

Posted

I've never understood the pk harassment policy, realistically if they didnt want us fighting they wouldnt have a pk system. if you die change channels or find a different place to farm. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I GOT SUSPENDED FOR MAKING A HOLOCAUST REFERENCE HAHAHAHAHHA

dont even remember what I said.

Posted

Did nazi tht, did not know jew can be suspended for that.

Posted

suspended for talking poorly about a CM

Posted

I bet you got exactly what you deserve.  Don't act like an A-hole in chat and you won't get suspended.  BTW, this isn't a PvP game it's an MMORPG with elements of PvE and PvP in it.

8 people like this

Posted

Lol sucks to be you.

Just go do something else for 2 days it's not the end of the world.

Posted

Just because we can block other people does not give them a free pass to harass, insult, discriminate etc. Don't act like a creep and you don't get banned.

1 person likes this

Posted

369 years

1.thumb.jpg.27d54857526e0b9e84b97aaad837

2 people like this

Posted

So you don't like what someone says? Block them. Simple as that. Personally, I don't block anyone regardless of whether or not I want to hear them, the game is empty as is and I don't like living in a bubble.

So why am I asking?

The first thought that came to your mind is probably that I deserve it, well, that isn't for you to decide. The real purpose of this post is to show you why its stupid to be reported for "harassment."

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210755369-Reporting-another-Player

I don't understand why you would report instead of simply blocking.  Do you think you're making the world a better place because you can just pluck the people you don't like out?

And before you say pking is a form of harassment, this is literally an open world PvP game, so by definition, pking is harassment. But its part of the game. If someone keeps pking you, sorry, that person is more lucky than you, change channels. There are so many ways a player can take responsibility themselves and avoid being harassed. 

Harassment is defined as " aggressive pressure or intimidation." (According to Google, at least) This is a PvP game, the most fun aspect of the game is the constant pressure, and arguably intimidation if you consider trash talk intimidation. Thats why I enjoyed Rust. You, the player, have the power to avoid the verbal pressure of another by simply blocking. Its unbelievably simple. And people who thrive off attention will probably get bored and leave.

If you disagree that PvP is the main aspect of the game, and you prefer to spend your time with life skills, then this post is irrelevant to you. However, if you are a Pve person, then you bought the wrong game. Because I shouldn't be punished for PvPing in a game that allows me to do so.

----- is still sex, just without consent. Pk is still PvP, just without consent. The fact that the game allows me to kill without your consent just shows where the games mechanics lean towards, which is open world pvp. But the game's mechanics and the game's rules are clearly conflicting with one another.

"Regardless of what the player can do to avoid harassment, you did violate the terms of use, which says you cannot harass a player."

And that is the issue I am having at the moment. Especially considering that I just made it clear that "harassment" is a core part of the game. Which is why they should spiffy up the terms of use to fit a PvP game, and not Rainbow Dolphin Online.

Actually, the only thing I said to the player was that she was rude af for not saying goodbye when we did our relic group earlier. I'm usually melodramatic in game so people won't take me seriously.

At the very least, send me a warning, I would have definitely stopped if I knew the player had a low tolerance for other people having fun. In fact, someone from her group said he was laughing like hell watching me act stupid. 

I do not deserve to be suspended for doing what the game allows and encourages me to do.

Thank you for your time.

harrasment.png

hhaha.  be a jerk get banned.  real life karma!!! lol

dont even remember what I said.

good.  they should have deleted your account for that.

2 people like this

Posted

hhaha.  be a jerk get banned.  real life karma!!! lol

good.  they should have deleted your account for that.

you are genuinely a cancer on this community.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Because millions people dying in horrible ways is funny? You are disgusting.

6 people like this

Posted

So why am I asking?

Thank you for your time.

harrasment.png

Amazing ! The in-game report system didn't work and I didn't know how I could report someone, thanks for pointing the link! ♥♥♥

Posted (edited)

you are genuinely a cancer on this community.  

why thank ewe.  Guy is lucky he only got 2 days.  I would have permabanned him.  Perhaps you think the Holocaust is humorous.  Some of us don't agree.  So go blubber elsewhere.

Edited by Columba

Posted (edited)

why thank ewe.  Guy is lucky he only got 2 days.  I would have permabanned him.  Perhaps you think the Holocaust is humorous.  Some of us don't agree.  So go blubber elsewhere.

you would permaban this guy because he hurt someones feelings? grow up 

I stand by my original comment. You people, as a collective, are a cancer on this community. 

Edited by Cryptid
2 people like this

Posted

I stand by my original comment. You people, as a collective, are a cancer on this community. 

And you are a "cancer" to the world. There are some things no person worth being called human would joke about, end of.

4 people like this

Posted

And you are a "cancer" to the world. There are some things no person worth being called human would joke about, end of.

I'm sorry that i don't find every little thing offensive. The world would be a much better place if we could all be so easily triggered....

Posted

I would perma ban the guy because he joked about the holocaust, yes.  It's despicable.  Grow up.

Posted

It really depends

If you just find someone annoying, then yes, blocking them is best.  If the person is making RL threats, or verbally harassing people, then it's definitely appropriate to report their sh!tty behavior.

People can just ignore you if they choose, but if youre being a huge asshole, you deserve whatever sh!t comes your way.

Posted (edited)

It really depends

If you just find someone annoying, then yes, blocking them is best.  If the person is making RL threats, or verbally harassing people, then it's definitely appropriate to report their sh!tty behavior.

People can just ignore you if they choose, but if youre being a huge asshole, you deserve whatever sh!t comes your way.

There's a major issue this this Philosphy...

You do realize no matter how many people you get to "agree" with you it's still opinion at best. 

What, do you honestly think that no one you meet thinks your an asshole or acting like an asshole? What, you never had a situation in life where you thought you were acting "normally" only to have someone take issue with it? 

So you agree with everyone who you meet what "mean" is, What a jerk is, What acting a bit like an ass is? ETC?!

Problem with these types of philosophies is that you will almost get a different answer from literally every human you talk about what is good vs. bad, what is moral, etc..

Just because some of us live in a culture or society where we agree on some stuff, doesn't make that stuff Moral or Correct... just means we agree on it lol

Hope you get what I'm saying....

It's called PERSPECTIVE..... or do people really think that Dictators like Saddam Hussein ( or any other Tyrant/ Dictator in human history) thought they were evil? 

Edited by Pavo

Posted

I agree with you

whats the point of block and filter and censor functions if they just ban you anyway? Rofl the -----

different people get offended by different things so that shouldn't even be a thing, i get offended as fck when someone is acting all polite to me so why dont you ban him? or you're trying to twist and force my views of the world? Nice support staff 

ive been banned like 5 times already for flaming and i didnt deserve it even once, always provoked and just defending myself and there's a block function

and at the end of the day the people working as customer support are getting paid thousands of euros a month for doing a horrible job and lacking consideration and common sense while in some countries thousand euros is a dream, pathetic 

Posted (edited)

Because making fun of the horrible deaths of 6 million + people is such a kneeslapper. In some countries, this could would be facing fines and possible jail time.  If you think Hitler was moral, lol just lol.

Edited by Columba
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You do realize no matter how many people you get to "agree" with you it's still opinion at best. 

well, yeah, thats why staff review reports and decide what action to take based on a set of policies (ToS).

That too is ultimately subjective to whichever staff member reviews the incident, but theyre the ones with authority and this is a game.  You cant really compare this guys situation to a dictatorship, because here he just lost his weekend for being a douche, and there people actually lost rights or their lives.  OP is spoiled and mad he lost a privilege for his actions, it's not the same.

Edited by Anemone
1 person likes this

Posted

Can someone please lock this thread because it is getting beyond distasteful.

@CM_Aethon

1 person likes this