• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can Kakao give us a real set in stone reason to ease these allegations?

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Dear @CM_Aethon    

There has been about 5 groundbreaking lies that Daum/Kakao has told us. This game isn't even a year old for us and it's already being deemed a dead game, because of the following lies. 

1. Awakenings Release at 1 time. 

Not 1 every 2 weeks. A desperate attempt to keep players playing overtime, by pushing back awakenings for some classes to 2017. Those same classes will most likely re-roll to the new face palm. For example, I am mostly going to go back to a Tamer since Kuno awakening isn't until nov/dec. So I am stopping all progression on Kuno (not leveling up) which I will be stuck playing even more once their awakenings come . 

2.  No "Subscription", yet Value Packs are offered. 

Well, Value packs are not "technically' considered a subscription, you dont have to "technically" buy them before you can play the game. They are only buffs that only play a little-big role in your everyday grind in BDO. Weight increase, cosmetic changes, appearance change, and a reduced MB tax are not gonna be departmental  if you dont have these things. The problem is you have to re-buy them monthly in order to continue receiving such minimal things.  The $15 shell-out for value packs is where it become a subscription. Instead of adding "one-time buy" value pack, in order to receive these buffs forever, you now have to  pay monthly or "subscribe"  for these buffs. 

3. Ninja/Kuno was delayed by 2 months for balancing. They are released and they are un-balanced. Along with that, Valencia pt. 2 update only bought a "buffed" tool tip and not an actual damage buff. 

This is infuriating on so many levels. Considering already being 2 months behind all the current classes and dealing with a brand new awakening, we dont even have any actually damage to ever contend. Instead of busting balls and hot fixing Kuno ( they hot fixed value packs the very same day, within 4/5 hours after p2w was released, so they can be sold on MB when they was bugged, so yes DAUM I KNOW YOU CAN BUFF MY CLASS AT ANY TIME), they continue to leave her unattended. Now with the way they also did Musa/Plum, I  can kind of tell they truly don't care about us as players. I am starting feel more like they are only concerned with player retention and milking us for what we are worth. 

4. The Bait-and- Switch Conquerors Horse. 

Now this should've been the tell tale sign that Daum was shiesty as f---. They suckled $100 bucks out of us, then tried to give a us T3 horse, like no one would test or figure out it wasn't right. Then stayed silent until someone slapped a law suit petition on them and they then, guess what, gave us a T5 horse, which is what the hell we payed for and deserve

I am sure there is more that fits the bill but I would rather here from you guys as well. I don't understand why they didn't keep to their word. They are going to make money regardless, rather someone stays a ranger forever or re-rolls until they quit, but to do it the way you guys have is seriously wrong.

Edited by PierrePiarre
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

And now to wait for an official response.......

tired sleeping duck falling asleep dozing off

Edited by Thinker

Posted

Did your parents never lie to you? Did your teachers never lie to you?

Why do you have such high expectations for a game company?

Posted

probably the worst argument I've ever seen if it can even be considered an argument. lol.

14 people like this

Posted

probably the worst argument I've ever seen if it can even be considered an argument. lol.

Ah, so!  You very clever!   No, it's not an argument, it's a question.

Posted

Ah, so!  You very clever!   No, it's not an argument, it's a question.

So it's a question that's going to lead you nowhere, is that what you're saying? I.e., pointless.

Good luck getting a reply O.P., you're going to need it. And a precautionary warning to block Plunge and War before they go all semantics on your post.

Posted

Seemed to me that they went out of their way to say 'we hope' 'we want' 'we plan' etc, as opposed to giving hard facts like, all awakenings WILL be released at once, etc. But maybe i missed that.

Posted

Just so we are clear....lying is bad guys, BAD ie not good. Opposite of amazing, muy malo.

Posted

Expecting someone not to lie is a high expectation? I feel sorry for you dude... what kind of world are you living in?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Topics like this never get an answer. But thanks for voicing our thoughts!

Edited by Respectme

Posted

Expecting someone not to lie is a high expectation? I feel sorry for you dude... what kind of world are you living in?

It's not like i dont expect to be lied to. I think everyone would much rather hear the truth instead of being ----- poled. I mean damn this is a game i'm wasting time and money on, expect I'm only gaining something of no value in the end (yaay for the enjoyment, considering being lied to isnt enjoyable) and they are getting actual monetary game. Sure join the #LegionFBDO bandwagon but what's thats going to change? Instead of criticizing me for wanting to point out their shiesty behavior for all to see. Thanks man I hope you get robed and -----d one day. So then you'd truly know how it feels to be stolen from then told you enjoyable the ass ----- that happened along the way. You guys are truly pathetic, if you'd rather attack the person that wasted their time saying everything you guys ----- about in discord/ts3 but never once brought to their attention.

1 person likes this

Posted

There a for profit company which is owned by a corporation that's already stated their only using gaming as a way to boost revenue due to huge stock decrease. Expect them to do only what is in their best interest as a company, if that means widdling down the player base to a small easily controlled and easily ignored community, then by God that's what they can and have done. That's all there is to it. Have ur fun, enjoy what u can,  but don't expect anything else out of this game, least of all being respect to its players and community.

4 people like this

Posted

I'm living in a world where Carter and Trump are (apparently) taken seriously as presidential candidates. :P

If you do some research, I think you'll find game companies fall into the same category.

I'm not arguing morality here, but suggesting situational awareness.

PS: I don't have sympathy for people that say, "OMG! My pet shark bit me!", either. (maybe that makes me a bad person)

Posted (edited)

I dont know if my opinion is going to matter here or not, but i guess since i got time ill respond.

In my life i have sat on the other side of the fence and i have also witnessed why companies do things in this manner & why they dont do it, and every time i hear or see things like the OP is pointing out the only thing that goes through my mind is, "You are dam'd if you do and you are dam'd if you dont!" & this topic is always going to be a catch 22 situation.

I do have to mention though that i have witnessed how different companies handle things like this and some are better at handling it then others, ill take Hearthstone Ben Brode for example, he makes and creates quick youtube vid's every so often on explaining certain topics that when everyone has their panties in a knot as you can see hear -->  Interview 
Now he copped a lot of flack for that if you take the time to read the youtube replies, but im the opposite i pull my hat off to him, for having the guts/balls to come out and make a vid explaining things, but you or should i say we, also have to understand that not everyone in a dev or GM position are willing to do that.

I just wish the dev's creator's & GM's would either come out and just say how things are or create vid's like Ben Brode did, just to keep us in the loop on the reasons to why and why not, this and that are not happening. But i can see why most companies choose not to do this as there are many or a lot of immature people/players out there that have nothing better else to do but to slur, troll and create nasty posts and replies, which in turn forces the higher ups like creators, dev's & GM's from not letting themselves put up with that extra headache as they are dong as much as they can atm.

Take from that what you will, but as much as i wish that some BDO authority would come out at give us insight details on whats going on, i just dont see it happening any time soon as all you have to do is look into there GENERAL forum section and see what im talking about.

Edited by CombatKiller
4 people like this

Posted

It I do business with someone and they lie to me I either fire them or never do business again. I pay to play this game. They think of it as business but refuse to see us as customers and continue to manipulate and refuse to communicate to any reasonable degree. I am still playing but I will not spend any money with the pattern of behavior I have seen first hand. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I dont know if my opinion is going to matter here or not, but i guess since i got time ill respond.

In my life i have sat on the other side of the fence and i have also witnessed why companies do things in this manner & why they dont do it, and every time i hear or see things like the OP is pointing out the only thing that goes through my mind is, "You are dam'd if you do and you are dam'd if you dont!" & this topic is always going to be a catch 22 situation.

I do have to mention though that i have witnessed how different companies handle things like this and some are better at handling it then others, ill take Hearthstone Ben Brode for example, he makes and creates quick youtube vid's every so often on explaining certain topics that when everyone has their panties in a knot as you can see hear -->  Interview 
Now he copped a lot of flack for that if you take the time to read the youtube replies, but im the opposite i pull my hat off to him, for having the guts/balls to come out and make a vid explaining things, but you or should i say we, also have to understand that not everyone in a dev or GM position are willing to do that.

I just wish the dev's creator's & GM's would either come out and just say how things are or create vid's like Ben Brode did, just to keep us in the loop on the reasons to why and why not, this and that are not happening. But i can see why most companies choose not to do this as there are many or a lot of immature people/players out there that have nothing better else to do but to slur, troll and create nasty posts and replies, which in turn forces the higher ups like creators, dev's & GM's from not letting themselves put up with that extra headache as they are dong as much as they can atm.

Take from that what you will, but as much as i wish that some BDO authority would come out at give us insight details on whats going on, i just dont see it happening any time soon as all you have to do is look into there GENERAL forum section and see what im talking about.

Well said. It surprises me how seriously some people take video games.

Edited by Reglub

Posted

more whining, lol.

Posted

Different people "take video games seriously" because they have devoted time and money into it much like this game. This game requires significant time investment, if you respect your own time you will take the game as seriously as a game can be taken. This isn't solitaire or duck hunt, it's an extended piece of entertainment that has been purchased and invested in with apparently no current customer appreciation. 

Posted

Different people "take video games seriously" because they have devoted time and money into it much like this game. This game requires significant time investment, if you respect your own time you will take the game as seriously as a game can be taken. This isn't solitaire or duck hunt, it's an extended piece of entertainment that has been purchased and invested in with apparently no current customer appreciation. 

A video game is not your job, your family, your health or your education. No matter the time you put into it, if something thats suppose to be fun is causing you stress, maybe its time to go outside. Or maybe I'm just a casual and don't understand.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because you paid them money for a product? Lieing, no matter what product you're selling, is false advertisement and a sue-able offense. I'm not saying I agreed with anything posted here, but your comment makes zero sense and is not a valid argument.

Posted

A video game is not your job, your family, your health or your education. No matter the time you put into it, if something thats suppose to be fun is causing you stress, maybe its time to go outside. Or maybe I'm just a casual and don't understand.

Agreed,iif the game causes you stress then there is a problem.

Posted

Waa waa waa... if a local golf course moves the holes on a green or changes the placement of their tee box do people cry like this? If a theater changes the movies they announce or the time the movies start, is the sky falling? :shakes head:

It's ENTERTAINMENT. Companies provide entertainment to make money. If they think they can make MORE money then they change their methods. Its not "lying", it's changing THEIR game. (and IMO the best game on the market by far)

I wish people would make such a fuss about things that actually matter instead of crying about changes in a computer game... like abortion, crime, global warming, etc..

1 person likes this

Posted

If a movie theater sells me a ticket for Movie A but only let's me see Movie B, that is unacceptable. If the movie theater then will not explain why I can't see Movie A, there is a problem. I agree with you this game is great, I enjoy it. My only complaint is the apparent intentional misleading that took place. I'm over it though, it's cool, I only wish they would communicate more to a reasonable extent. You can continue to use your incredibly inaccurate comparisons though in an attempt to minimalize the problems that are blatantly obvious.

I like the game, it's fun, I just see a huge problem that leads me to believe the game will not be around for very long due to mismanagement. I'll stop here though, I refuse to provide perspective to anything that has its mind already set. 

3 people like this

Posted

And now to wait for an official response.......

tired sleeping duck falling asleep dozing off

looks like a duck

quacks like a duck

sleeps like a duck

it's official: TINKER IS A DUCK!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Waa waa waa... if a local golf course moves the holes on a green or changes the placement of their tee box do people cry like this? If a theater changes the movies they announce or the time the movies start, is the sky falling? :shakes head:

It's ENTERTAINMENT. Companies provide entertainment to make money. If they think they can make MORE money then they change their methods. Its not "lying", it's changing THEIR game. (and IMO the best game on the market by far)

I wish people would make such a fuss about things that actually matter instead of crying about changes in a computer game... like abortion, crime, global warming, etc..

A golf course that does that without a ton of warning, and a movie theater that does what you say would be put out of business fast. Entertainment doesn't mean that they should get away with crapping all over customers.

1 person likes this