• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can Kakao give us a real set in stone reason to ease these allegations?

72 posts in this topic

Posted

I wish people would make such a fuss about things that actually matter instead of crying about changes in a computer game... like abortion, crime, global warming, etc..

This is Black desert online forum, of course you are going to see post about the game changing. I'm quite sure there are other forums that deal with things that matter to you. I'm willing to bet those forums won't have BDO topics -_-

Back on topic: To be honest the cash grab was using this games hype to cash in on a buy to play model, nothing we do can change that. If population (cash influx) drops enough it'll just go Free to play. :/

Posted

I anticipate very soon there will be no difference between our version and other versions and that's fine, whatever.

The only concern I have is the constant inconsistent intentions we have seen. It's embarrassing for the company, I would be embarrassed and it's frustrating for the customers. To say that our version is intended to be unique for the audience it is provided to and then to not follow through on that, I definitely expect that at this point. 

Great game, lots of cool features, I'm still having fun. Enjoying the new patch and content. 

I don't anticipate that the fun will continue because the game will die because of the lack of communication and the mismanagement of the games direction. 

The next content doesn't personally appeal to me but that's fine, I'm sure some people will enjoy it and that's cool. I would rather see a delay on that content and a polishing of what we already have and a further focus on communication when something goes wrong. 

Posted (edited)

So it's a question that's going to lead you nowhere, is that what you're saying? I.e., pointless.

Good luck getting a reply O.P., you're going to need it. And a precautionary warning to block Plunge and War before they go all semantics on your post.

Initiate countdown, operation "chum water" in progress.

*Jaws music*

tumblr_static_5eljrfxtlv8co88sgss8k4woc.

Edited by Beeso
1 person likes this

Posted

1. Awakenings Release at 1 time. 

Not 1 every 2 weeks. A desperate attempt to keep players playing overtime, by pushing back awakenings for some classes to 2017. Those same classes will most likely re-roll to the new face palm. For example, I am mostly going to go back to a Tamer since Kuno awakening isn't until nov/dec. So I am stopping all progression on Kuno (not leveling up) which I will be stuck playing even more once their awakenings come .  

- Paired classes, such as Ninja/Kuno will be released altogether. This'll decrease the amount of time it takes to release all awakening before new year. However, it is unlikely on progression of Wizard/Witch as they were [KR's latest class]. To your surprise, we got wizards first in NA verison. So chances are, they'll get their awakening in 2017, if the KRs hadn't gotten their.

2.  No "Subscription", yet Value Packs are offered. 

Well, Value packs are not "technically' considered a subscription, you dont have to "technically" buy them before you can play the game. They are only buffs that only play a little-big role in your everyday grind in BDO. Weight increase, cosmetic changes, appearance change, and a reduced MB tax are not gonna be departmental  if you dont have these things. The problem is you have to re-buy them monthly in order to continue receiving such minimal things.  The $15 shell-out for value packs is where it become a subscription. Instead of adding "one-time buy" value pack, in order to receive these buffs forever, you now have to  pay monthly or "subscribe"  for these buffs.

- In fact, the value pack are totally optional. You can even actually buy a single-day value pack for 1,400 loyalty. Most likely, you're going to end up using it just for appearance change, and that's it. You can also buy 200 weight from loyalty for combined total of 14,000. Which is very possible with current black spirit adventure chess game provided to us. While yes, it sucks having to deal with tax from the market place. It won't matter much as you'll grind to get these items that you just turn in for set amount of silvers.

3. Ninja/Kuno was delayed by 2 months for balancing. They are released and they are un-balanced. Along with that, Valencia pt. 2 update only bought a "buffed" tool tip and not an actual damage buff. 

This is infuriating on so many levels. Considering already being 2 months behind all the current classes and dealing with a brand new awakening, we dont even have any actually damage to ever contend. Instead of busting balls and hot fixing Kuno ( they hot fixed value packs the very same day, within 4/5 hours after p2w was released, so they can be sold on MB when they was bugged, so yes DAUM I KNOW YOU CAN BUFF MY CLASS AT ANY TIME), they continue to leave her unattended. Now with the way they also did Musa/Plum, I  can kind of tell they truly don't care about us as players. I am starting feel more like they are only concerned with player retention and milking us for what we are worth.

- Refer to my first post. Ninja wasn't technically really buffed to begin with. All classes, however'll gain their 'equal' footing once their awakening comes. Who know how great the awakening can be for these classes who may be ditched behind in some dugs somewhere!

4. The Bait-and- Switch Conquerors Horse. Now this should've been the tell tale sign that Daum was shiesty as f---. They suckled $100 bucks out of us, then tried to give a us T3 horse, like no one would test or figure out it wasn't right. Then stayed silent until someone slapped a law suit petition on them and they then, guess what, gave us a T5 horse, which is what the hell we payed for and deserveI am sure there is more that fits the bill but I would rather here from you guys as well. I don't understand why they didn't keep to their word. They are going to make money regardless, rather someone stays a ranger forever or re-rolls until they quit, but to do it the way you guys have is seriously wrong.

- Now I won't comment on this. I'll leave this as you want it. I hadn't brought the Explorer pack, so I don't know what's up over there. 

NEWOC.thumb.png.cbbbeb12eecf6df771bf6958

Have a SMASHING day.

Posted

- Paired classes, such as Ninja/Kuno will be released altogether. This'll decrease the amount of time it takes to release all awakening before new year. However, it is unlikely on progression of Wizard/Witch as they were [KR's latest class]. To your surprise, we got wizards first in NA verison. So chances are, they'll get their awakening in 2017, if the KRs hadn't gotten their.

- In fact, the value pack are totally optional. You can even actually buy a single-day value pack for 1,400 loyalty. Most likely, you're going to end up using it just for appearance change, and that's it. You can also buy 200 weight from loyalty for combined total of 14,000. Which is very possible with current black spirit adventure chess game provided to us. While yes, it sucks having to deal with tax from the market place. It won't matter much as you'll grind to get these items that you just turn in for set amount of silvers.

- Refer to my first post. Ninja wasn't technically really buffed to begin with. All classes, however'll gain their 'equal' footing once their awakening comes. Who know how great the awakening can be for these classes who may be ditched behind in some dugs somewhere!

- Now I won't comment on this. I'll leave this as you want it. I hadn't brought the Explorer pack, so I don't know what's up over there. 

NEWOC.thumb.png.cbbbeb12eecf6df771bf6958

Have a SMASHING day.

They went from releasing only 1 at a time because of needing to test and possible technical issues, to suddenly being able to release some in pairs. I might add that those pairs have nothing in common when it comes to the awakenings either. Not the same weapons or skills, and not the same quests. If they can suddenly do it for those, they can do it for the others. This means they'd need just as much testing as the non paired ones. It just shows that they can in fact do more than one. This is the issue, they said they'd do something, then they won't do it, the state they can, but still won't.

An optional subscription is still a subscription.

Ninja and Kunoichi actually did not have their buffs and apparently still don't (they apparently just got the tooltips updated to the new numbers, but still do the lower damage)

4 people like this

Posted

They went from releasing only 1 at a time because of needing to test and possible technical issues, to suddenly being able to release some in pairs. I might add that those pairs have nothing in common when it comes to the awakenings either. Not the same weapons or skills, and not the same quests. If they can suddenly do it for those, they can do it for the others. This means they'd need just as much testing as the non paired ones. It just shows that they can in fact do more than one. This is the issue, they said they'd do something, then they won't do it, the state they can, but still won't.

An optional subscription is still a subscription.

Ninja and Kunoichi actually did not have their buffs and apparently still don't (they apparently just got the tooltips updated to the new numbers, but still do the lower damage)

MFW.thumb.png.58327ac76a1f9b43f415f42eaa

While I understands that it make no sense on how they managed to think about releasing pairings. We can appreciate the fact that they're giving us weekends 100% XP [Til all awakenings are out], and daily rewards of XP for 14 days, til Sorceress' awakening is released.  Sometimes we can get salty about literally anything. However ignoring the awakening. These XPs are definitely a boon to alot of players who had not achieved level 56, or higher. Progressing even faster than before.

Of course, optional subscription is ((subscription))

I don't know what's up with Ninja/Kuno having tooltip update. Either developers made a mistake on the tooltip, or what-soever. We'll have to wait this week wednesday to see if they patch the tooltip.

Posted

Oh joy another "ded game is ded" person. People have been posting the game is dead since the second week after launch. It is not dead, it has followed the typical player curve. Evidenced by that was the single siege war tonight that had about 450 people taking part in it.that was one territory war of the few guilds that actually do region wars. There are a lot of people still playing the game. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Well said. It surprises me how seriously some people take video games.

It's a hobby, some people are enthusiasts and get into it hardcore while others are casually interested. You'll see it with anything but sports is a very good example. Most people who play soccer don't plan on playing at a professional level and just show up for practice and games while the wana be pros practice all the time. And besides that point, there's nothing wrong with holding people accountable or expressing your opinion (even if its stupid) so I say let people do what they want as long as it doesnt hurt anyone :P.

Posted

Seemed to me that they went out of their way to say 'we hope' 'we want' 'we plan' etc, as opposed to giving hard facts like, all awakenings WILL be released at once, etc. But maybe i missed that.

Hmmm... looks to me like they simply told the truth.  I have yet to see one person provide any prof at all to support these claims that the company lied.

Posted

Waa waa waa... if a local golf course moves the holes on a green or changes the placement of their tee box do people cry like this? If a theater changes the movies they announce or the time the movies start, is the sky falling? :shakes head:

It's ENTERTAINMENT. Companies provide entertainment to make money. If they think they can make MORE money then they change their methods. Its not "lying", it's changing THEIR game. (and IMO the best game on the market by far)

I wish people would make such a fuss about things that actually matter instead of crying about changes in a computer game... like abortion, crime, global warming, etc..

The golfclub and cinema owners will be in a world of shit. And lose many regulars without proper motivation and communication.

Posted

Dear @CM_Aethon    

There has been about 5 groundbreaking lies that Daum/Kakao has told us. This game isn't even a year old for us and it's already being deemed a dead game, because of the following lies. 

Not 1 every 2 weeks. A desperate attempt to keep players playing overtime, by pushing back awakenings for some classes to 2017. Those same classes will most likely re-roll to the new face palm. For example, I am mostly going to go back to a Tamer since Kuno awakening isn't until nov/dec. So I am stopping all progression on Kuno (not leveling up) which I will be stuck playing even more once their awakenings come .

Make an Alt or Two. Then level them to 56. There is a posted schedule, so pick an early awakening release character and test out their awakenings. There is no such thing as balanced pvp in BDO, so the overall landscape of the game won't be affected regardless of single release or phased releases. PA and Kakao know they are bleeding off subscribers due to many bad PR causing decisions. So they are teasing out the awakenings releases to keep as many people interested for as long a period as possible. ... . Now only if they gave ths much attention to balancing and creating an avenue for skill based (not gear/stat based) pvp....

Well, Value packs are not "technically' considered a subscription, you dont have to "technically" buy them before you can play the game. They are only buffs that only play a little-big role in your everyday grind in BDO. Weight increase, cosmetic changes, appearance change, and a reduced MB tax are not gonna be departmental  if you dont have these things. The problem is you have to re-buy them monthly in order to continue receiving such minimal things.  The $15 shell-out for value packs is where it become a subscription. Instead of adding "one-time buy" value pack, in order to receive these buffs forever, you now have to  pay monthly or "subscribe"  for these buffs.

Eeryone gets 30 days for free. Some who shelled out extra early on get a little more. But essentially you are right. The value pack offers features any other self respecting game developer would include as standard fare for all players. But Daum/PA/Kakao are already well known in the industry as a money first/players last development concern.

3. Ninja/Kuno was delayed by 2 months for balancing. They are released and they are un-balanced. Along with that, Valencia pt. 2 update only bought a "buffed" tool tip and not an actual damage buff. 

This is infuriating on so many levels. Considering already being 2 months behind all the current classes and dealing with a brand new awakening, we dont even have any actually damage to ever contend. Instead of busting balls and hot fixing Kuno ( they hot fixed value packs the very same day, within 4/5 hours after p2w was released, so they can be sold on MB when they was bugged, so yes DAUM I KNOW YOU CAN BUFF MY CLASS AT ANY TIME), they continue to leave her unattended. Now with the way they also did Musa/Plum, I  can kind of tell they truly don't care about us as players. I am starting feel more like they are only concerned with player retention and milking us for what we are worth.

I am not sure what game you are playing, but bdo has never been balanced at any time. Complaining that ninja/kunoichi is unbalanced is pointless if nothing in the game is balanced to begin with.

4. The Bait-and- Switch Conquerors Horse. 

Now this should've been the tell tale sign that Daum was shiesty as f---. They suckled $100 bucks out of us, then tried to give a us T3 horse, like no one would test or figure out it wasn't right. Then stayed silent until someone slapped a law suit petition on them and they then, guess what, gave us a T5 horse, which is what the hell we payed for and deserve

I am sure there is more that fits the bill but I would rather here from you guys as well. I don't understand why they didn't keep to their word. They are going to make money regardless, rather someone stays a ranger forever or re-rolls until they quit, but to do it the way you guys have is seriously wrong.

They gave us two tier 5 horses in the end. I bred mine together and got a tier 6. Doesn't seem too bad to me. Most players are still wising they had one tier 5, much less 2 of them and a chance for a tier 6-7.

It isnt any specific promise made by PA or Daum that is really the problem. It is their overall development policy as opposed to what western gamers tend to prefer out of games in general. In any group of 1000 players, 750+ of them will never feel that they are competitive in the game in any form. Players can be grouped into categories based on time spent in game. The vast majority of players fall into a group that is in between 5-15 hours/week spent in the game. These players are the most quickly lost to attrition because there is no avenue in which they can feel they are doing well.

The group that spends 20+ hours a week on BDO is a small fraction of the total playerbase, yet the game is designed to cater primarily to that group (and recently, the group who spends real money on cash shop items to get money donations from this small group of players...also known as P2W whales)... It is no wonder that the company is doing so much to capitalize on every little facet of the game. Sales are down, longevity is nonexistent, and players are jumping ship whenever the opportunity presents itself.

PA can fix this problem simply by taking a different attitude->  If the playerbase is happy, they will buy things from the cash shop.

So what will make the playerbase happy?

1. Remove cash shop items from the marketplace.

2. Lower all prices in the cash shop drastically.

3. Balance the game!!!

4. Add in additional item attributes and abilities rather than/instead of constantly increasing the AP/DP cap.

5. FEATURES are better than endless gear treadmill... Add features don't just keep increasing gear scores. Each increase in GS decreases the playerbase percentage that can compete, thus causing them to quit or decrease purchases from the pearl shop...

Posted

When i see all these poor losers eating all the shit publisher throws at them and still defend them...

I laugh thinking that in the future they will pay money to raise other men children... They are cuckold material...

1 person likes this

Posted

Make an Alt or Two. Then level them to 56. There is a posted schedule, so pick an early awakening release character and test out their awakenings. There is no such thing as balanced pvp in BDO, so the overall landscape of the game won't be affected regardless of single release or phased releases. PA and Kakao know they are bleeding off subscribers due to many bad PR causing decisions. So they are teasing out the awakenings releases to keep as many people interested for as long a period as possible. ... . Now only if they gave ths much attention to balancing and creating an avenue for skill based (not gear/stat based) pvp....

Eeryone gets 30 days for free. Some who shelled out extra early on get a little more. But essentially you are right. The value pack offers features any other self respecting game developer would include as standard fare for all players. But Daum/PA/Kakao are already well known in the industry as a money first/players last development concern.

I am not sure what game you are playing, but bdo has never been balanced at any time. Complaining that ninja/kunoichi is unbalanced is pointless if nothing in the game is balanced to begin with.

They gave us two tier 5 horses in the end. I bred mine together and got a tier 6. Doesn't seem too bad to me. Most players are still wising they had one tier 5, much less 2 of them and a chance for a tier 6-7.

It isnt any specific promise made by PA or Daum that is really the problem. It is their overall development policy as opposed to what western gamers tend to prefer out of games in general. In any group of 1000 players, 750+ of them will never feel that they are competitive in the game in any form. Players can be grouped into categories based on time spent in game. The vast majority of players fall into a group that is in between 5-15 hours/week spent in the game. These players are the most quickly lost to attrition because there is no avenue in which they can feel they are doing well.

The group that spends 20+ hours a week on BDO is a small fraction of the total playerbase, yet the game is designed to cater primarily to that group (and recently, the group who spends real money on cash shop items to get money donations from this small group of players...also known as P2W whales)... It is no wonder that the company is doing so much to capitalize on every little facet of the game. Sales are down, longevity is nonexistent, and players are jumping ship whenever the opportunity presents itself.

PA can fix this problem simply by taking a different attitude->  If the playerbase is happy, they will buy things from the cash shop.

So what will make the playerbase happy?

2. Lower all prices in the cash shop drastically.

3. Balance the game!!!

4. Add in additional item attributes and abilities rather than/instead of constantly increasing the AP/DP cap.

5. FEATURES are better than endless gear treadmill... Add features don't just keep increasing gear scores. Each increase in GS decreases the playerbase percentage that can compete, thus causing them to quit or decrease purchases from the pearl shop...

They prolly just stepped away from customising beyond some "controlpanel" / "serversettings".

Its easier to just work with the standard files. Fe Im pretty sure they just added the standard update, overwriting the custom 6s CD with the standard 3s CD for pots. Cause it's not in the patch notes. A least put it in there if on purpose... 

Right?

Posted

where is plungemort?

lala.thumb.jpg.24443970a559a80720ed1ac01

Posted

4. The Bait-and- Switch Conquerors Horse. 

Now this should've been the tell tale sign that Daum was shiesty as f---. They suckled $100 bucks out of us, then tried to give a us T3 horse, like no one would test or figure out it wasn't right. Then stayed silent until someone slapped a law suit petition on them and they then, guess what, gave us a T5 horse, which is what the hell we payed for and deserve

This is where you jumped the shark.  I was affected by the conqueror's horse debacle. I even wrote a satirical poem to the tune of Mr. Ed at the time. However, after much hand wringing, I feel they did us a solid in the final resolution. Getting the Conq horse fixed for breeding, and getting a T5 Female and breeding reset certificate was more than fair.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted

There has been about 5 groundbreaking lies

You've only listed 4....

Not a lie, they never promised that they would release all awakenings at the same time. Your poor grasp of the English language is not their fault. 

Well, Value packs are not "technically' considered a subscription, 

Looks like you've destroyed your own argument here.

DAUM I KNOW YOU CAN BUFF MY CLASS AT ANY TIME)

They aren't the developer, so this is wrong. 

we payed for and deserve

You paid for access to the game, bonuses are merely bonuses and are not what you paid for. :) 

I am sure there is more that fits the bill 

You promised 5 lies, delivered no lies and even contradicted yourself. Very poor. 

5 people like this

Posted

git gud and roll a warrior and grab your awakening now if you can't wait your turn its just that simple why cry over spilt milk?

Posted

You payed for access to the game, bonuses are merely bonuses and are not what you paid for. :) 

They take 35% with tax and then give u back 19.5% for real money. I wouldn't call that a bonus.. 

Posted (edited)

It I do business with someone and they lie to me I either fire them or never do business again. I pay to play this game. They think of it as business but refuse to see us as customers and continue to manipulate and refuse to communicate to any reasonable degree. I am still playing but I will not spend any money with the pattern of behavior I have seen first hand. 

I have comr to this outlook at well. So in my opinion they are losing money by being shiesty instead of "gaining" by just being open and honest.  They have all major regions playing this game so being shiesty and only money hungry... i think lost it's charm for them after they started having multiple regions. 

git gud and roll a warrior and grab your awakening now if you can't wait your turn its just that simple why cry over spilt milk?

I'm sorry but this is exactly what they want. Me to stop playing and progressing one class to waste time, mone yand energy on any other class but then do the same thing for my OG class, which is going to make them more money. OMG BRUH GTFO. You clearly one of the brain dead-no money people I am referencing. Please re-roll to sorc and let me know how much money you have spent on all your characters...... and how you still suck.

Edited by PierrePiarre
1 person likes this

Posted

A golf course that does that without a ton of warning, and a movie theater that does what you say would be put out of business fast. Entertainment doesn't mean that they should get away with crapping all over customers.

Golf courses do that pretty much daily and movie theaters start times change every week based on the movie.

My point is, it's their game, they can do/change whatever they want to to make money at any time... and I hope they make good $ so the doors stay open and they keep giving us updates

Posted (edited)

Golf courses do that pretty much daily and movie theaters start times change every week based on the movie.

My point is, it's their game, they can do/change whatever they want to to make money at any time... and I hope they make good $ so the doors stay open and they keep giving us updates

Movie theaters don't change it weekly. They have set schedule after they start selling tickets. You have some messed up theaters if they change times weekly. I have yet to see a golf course change layout of the courses without giving people that have paid a large warning.

Edited by Noth

Posted

I feel like this is why devs/publishers wish to remain silent, because when they do tell about their plans and it doesn't go as planned, there's a shitstorm no matter what they say, or do.

Posted

I feel like this is why devs/publishers wish to remain silent, because when they do tell about their plans and it doesn't go as planned, there's a shitstorm no matter what they say, or do.

Being silent doesn't help. It just allows it to continually spiral. Devs that are open with the community do receive shit, but they are also more generally respected and do upset fewer of the players.

1 person likes this

Posted

while i agree with the rest of your answer.

For that i dont agree, the cash shop item pricing is "low" enough to limit the "p2w" + it also advantage other "free" players for beeing able to access to pet + outfit ( so bonus )

Personaly i would even like that they sell inv slot + weight on the market.

Its imho for "fair" like that, than totaly locked down cash shop. ( note that i didnt sold on the market anything from the cash shop, i'am just glad i was able to put my hand on pet + outfit "for free" )