• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can Kakao give us a real set in stone reason to ease these allegations?

72 posts in this topic

Posted

It's a hobby, some people are enthusiasts and get into it hardcore while others are casually interested. You'll see it with anything but sports is a very good example. Most people who play soccer don't plan on playing at a professional level and just show up for practice and games while the wana be pros practice all the time. And besides that point, there's nothing wrong with holding people accountable or expressing your opinion (even if its stupid) so I say let people do what they want as long as it doesnt hurt anyone :P.

You're right. Wanting to be a professional is honorable. And you can be a professional in anythng you do, whether its sports or cleaning the floors or playing BDO. It's a constant pursuit of excellence.

I'm more thinking anout those angry bitter amateurs that are self destructive. They think they're pro just because they waste their days on something without actually trying to get better. And yeah they might be ahead of casuals like me only because they throw their whole day at it.

And I don't mind buyers holding sellers accountable. I do mind it when people hop on the hype train of: "oh its time to be mad and shit on this company or person." And use that as an excuse to be toxic. Then all the meaningful criticisms are shadowed by shit.

Posted

Being silent doesn't help. It just allows it to continually spiral. Devs that are open with the community do receive shit, but they are also more generally respected and do upset fewer of the players.

If they could just say "when we released 4 Awakenings at once for RU, it went to shit yadda yadda yadday, we'll never do it again." then I could at least have a reason and a why. Instead of speculating the worse. 

Posted (edited)

If they could just say "when we released 4 Awakenings at once for RU, it went to shit yadda yadda yadday, we'll never do it again." then I could at least have a reason and a why. Instead of speculating the worse. 

Rather have them all in one huge lump, deal with the bugs for 1-2 weeks, then move on our merry ways.

This way is complete bollocks.

Edit: Particularly when you include that "Great Sword Test" is a goddamned thing. What the actual -----? Really? Nevermind the patch notes STILL mentioning awakened dailies, what the hell is the EU team doing?

Edited by Jeynar

Posted

Dear @CM_Aethon    

There has been about 5 groundbreaking lies that Daum/Kakao has told us. This game isn't even a year old for us and it's already being deemed a dead game, because of the following lies. 

1. Awakenings Release at 1 time. 

Not 1 every 2 weeks. A desperate attempt to keep players playing overtime, by pushing back awakenings for some classes to 2017. Those same classes will most likely re-roll to the new face palm. For example, I am mostly going to go back to a Tamer since Kuno awakening isn't until nov/dec. So I am stopping all progression on Kuno (not leveling up) which I will be stuck playing even more once their awakenings come . 

2.  No "Subscription", yet Value Packs are offered. 

Well, Value packs are not "technically' considered a subscription, you dont have to "technically" buy them before you can play the game. They are only buffs that only play a little-big role in your everyday grind in BDO. Weight increase, cosmetic changes, appearance change, and a reduced MB tax are not gonna be departmental  if you dont have these things. The problem is you have to re-buy them monthly in order to continue receiving such minimal things.  The $15 shell-out for value packs is where it become a subscription. Instead of adding "one-time buy" value pack, in order to receive these buffs forever, you now have to  pay monthly or "subscribe"  for these buffs. 

3. Ninja/Kuno was delayed by 2 months for balancing. They are released and they are un-balanced. Along with that, Valencia pt. 2 update only bought a "buffed" tool tip and not an actual damage buff. 

This is infuriating on so many levels. Considering already being 2 months behind all the current classes and dealing with a brand new awakening, we dont even have any actually damage to ever contend. Instead of busting balls and hot fixing Kuno ( they hot fixed value packs the very same day, within 4/5 hours after p2w was released, so they can be sold on MB when they was bugged, so yes DAUM I KNOW YOU CAN BUFF MY CLASS AT ANY TIME), they continue to leave her unattended. Now with the way they also did Musa/Plum, I  can kind of tell they truly don't care about us as players. I am starting feel more like they are only concerned with player retention and milking us for what we are worth. 

4. The Bait-and- Switch Conquerors Horse. 

Now this should've been the tell tale sign that Daum was shiesty as f---. They suckled $100 bucks out of us, then tried to give a us T3 horse, like no one would test or figure out it wasn't right. Then stayed silent until someone slapped a law suit petition on them and they then, guess what, gave us a T5 horse, which is what the hell we payed for and deserve

I am sure there is more that fits the bill but I would rather here from you guys as well. I don't understand why they didn't keep to their word. They are going to make money regardless, rather someone stays a ranger forever or re-rolls until they quit, but to do it the way you guys have is seriously wrong.

1: i can give ya

2: do you need a VP to get on the game ?

3:don't care

4:that one i can give ya also

1 person likes this

Posted

They are not allegations. It's a fact that they changed their "plans".

Posted

And now to wait for an official response.......

tired sleeping duck falling asleep dozing off

Awwwwwwwwww. Soooooooo Cuuuuuuuteeee!!!!!!!!!1111!1!!!!!1

Posted

I am still waiting to hear the "allegations!"

Posted

while i agree with the rest of your answer.

For that i dont agree, the cash shop item pricing is "low" enough to limit the "p2w" + it also advantage other "free" players for beeing able to access to pet + outfit ( so bonus )

Personaly i would even like that they sell inv slot + weight on the market.

Its imho for "fair" like that, than totaly locked down cash shop. ( note that i didnt sold on the market anything from the cash shop, i'am just glad i was able to put my hand on pet + outfit "for free" )

There aren't any free players in the game. BDO is B2P in NA. Cash shop items in the marketplace would only be ok ifthe pricing were at a point where all players felt they could buy things with pearls conveniently. But only a few players like the pricing, so only a few players gain the cash shop advantage. Once again leaving the large majority of players out in the cold.

Posted (edited)

There aren't any free players in the game. BDO is B2P in NA.

You understood what i meant.

Cash shop items in the marketplace would only be ok ifthe pricing were at a point where all players felt they could buy things with pearls conveniently. But only a few players like the pricing, so only a few players gain the cash shop advantage. Once again leaving the large majority of players out in the cold.

That's a CS item pricing issue ( and yeah pricing are totaly overpriced, that's freaking ridiculous ), not a CS item sold on the market issue. ( even tho, for me they should allow more stuff on the market like weight & inv slot )

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

Not another one of these people again.....Grow up and learn real life dude. No business in their right mind (black desert is a business) will ever use the word promise, ever! No one made a promise to the player base and no one made claims that its going to work as you think it should. 

In the world of programming a lot of things can happen, good and or bad. Which can delay and or break things...wait what the ----- am i saying....people like you never learn and only care about yourself because you are just another selfish snob.

No im not defending kakao at all but merely stating op needs to grow up and move on.

Posted (edited)

Not another one of these people again.....Grow up and learn real life dude. No business in their right mind (black desert is a business) will ever use the word promise, ever! No one made a promise to the player base and no one made claims that its going to work as you think it should. 

In the world of programming a lot of things can happen, good and or bad. Which can delay and or break things...wait what the ----- am i saying....people like you never learn and only care about yourself because you are just another selfish snob.

No im not defending kakao at all but merely stating op needs to grow up and move on.

I can guarantee you that if in a business you say you are planning to do something and repeat saying you are going to do that and you don't end up doing it, someone is going to receive the shit from the failure to stick with the plan. I've seen friends fired from jobs for doing such. If you don't know if you can do something, you don't say that you plan to do it.

I can guarantee you that they could pretty much just copy paste the code into our version and if they do that correctly, the awakenings would work just as well as in KR. Code is code. We do not have unique code in our game. Further the fact that they can indeed release multiples at once evidenced by RU, just disproves that they need to release them 1 by 1 because of possible bugs.

Edited by Noth

Posted

Kakao and communicate?

They wont, because they don´t care.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They planned, intended and got tired of repeating themselves about the issue however they did not do what they planned or intended to do.

They spoke with a third party who informed us of the situation before they ever even communicated with us, the customers. 

If you're someone who is defending them over this I cannot fathom why. 

I'm not saying mistakes don't happen, they do and that's fine. 

The reason why intelligent people are bothered by this is because the customers were informed of the intentions and plans but at the last moment we discovered through another source that the intentions and plans went awry. 

After that, we again get no real explanation of why this happened and no further information. So now we are kept in the dark. 

Fine, that's cool don't tell us anything and ignore our "welcomed suggestions". If this is how it's going to be than it should have been this way from the start. 

The simple thing that seems to upset everyone, including myself, is the lack of communication and customer service. Why invest time in playing a game that requires significant time invested if your time in the end isn't resepected. 

Edited by Rhays

Posted

No official response is needed, because these questions have already been asked and talked about until peoples eyes have bled, previously.  Scroll back through previous topics and you'll find your answers.

Posted (edited)

You promised 5 lies, delivered no lies and even contradicted yourself. Very poor. 

He never promised you 5 lies. All he said was there were ABOUT 5 lies, you have to read what people actually say. 4 might be about 5 depending on the definition of about, so no, he did not break a promise (and even if it was 0 lies, 0 might be about 5 aswell).

Sorry, just had to take the opportunity to turn your way of argumentation around on you, I'm out again.

Edited by Random Dude
1 person likes this

Posted

guys this company is only for cash grabbing, just enjoy the game and dont spend money for it

Posted

guys this company is only for cash grabbing, just enjoy the game and dont spend money for it

Companies existing to make money?

I've never heard of such a thing

Posted (edited)

Companies existing to make money?

I've never heard of such a thing

Companies can make money without cash grabbing and money milking methods. In fact the most successful f2p games in the West make money hand over fist without resorting to cash grabs.

Edited by Noth
1 person likes this

Posted

Companies can make money without cash grabbing and money milking methods. In fact the most successful f2p games in eth West make money hand over fist without resorting to cash grabs.

this, the poster before: just pump your money i dont care but dont cry later

Posted

Companies can make money without cash grabbing and money milking methods. In fact the most successful f2p games in eth West make money hand over fist without resorting to cash grabs.

What are the profitable f2p MMO's in the west? I'm not being sarcastic, I actually cant really think of any and would appreciate some reminders.

this, the poster before: just pump your money i dont care but dont cry later

I very rarely spend money on games past the box price. I buy skins on SMITE, but that's about it. There's nothing in this game's cash shop that interests me, so I don't bother with it.

Posted

What are the profitable f2p MMO's in the west? I'm not being sarcastic, I actually cant really think of any and would appreciate some reminders.

I very rarely spend money on games past the box price. I buy skins on SMITE, but that's about it. There's nothing in this game's cash shop that interests me, so I don't bother with it.

All of them that still have players are profitable to some extent. None really adapt to our market properly and that holds them back. Though GW2 since it went f2p is pretty massively successful.

However, I did mention F2P in general, not f2p MMOs. The problem with f2p MMOs is that they tend to repeat the same business models as those that came before and not really innovate on them or see a need to find a better way to do f2p. it simply holds the games back.

Posted

I dont know if my opinion is going to matter here or not, but i guess since i got time ill respond.

In my life i have sat on the other side of the fence and i have also witnessed why companies do things in this manner & why they dont do it, and every time i hear or see things like the OP is pointing out the only thing that goes through my mind is, "You are dam'd if you do and you are dam'd if you dont!" & this topic is always going to be a catch 22 situation.

I do have to mention though that i have witnessed how different companies handle things like this and some are better at handling it then others, ill take Hearthstone Ben Brode for example, he makes and creates quick youtube vid's every so often on explaining certain topics that when everyone has their panties in a knot as you can see hear -->  Interview 
Now he copped a lot of flack for that if you take the time to read the youtube replies, but im the opposite i pull my hat off to him, for having the guts/balls to come out and make a vid explaining things, but you or should i say we, also have to understand that not everyone in a dev or GM position are willing to do that.

I just wish the dev's creator's & GM's would either come out and just say how things are or create vid's like Ben Brode did, just to keep us in the loop on the reasons to why and why not, this and that are not happening. But i can see why most companies choose not to do this as there are many or a lot of immature people/players out there that have nothing better else to do but to slur, troll and create nasty posts and replies, which in turn forces the higher ups like creators, dev's & GM's from not letting themselves put up with that extra headache as they are dong as much as they can atm.

Take from that what you will, but as much as i wish that some BDO authority would come out at give us insight details on whats going on, i just dont see it happening any time soon as all you have to do is look into there GENERAL forum section and see what im talking about.

The community isn't the reason Daum/Kakao doesn't communicate with their community, they just have nothing acceptable that they could say so they keep their mouths shut. Proper communication, and at all positive communications, requires at least some level of respect/care for those you are addressing, if you don't care for your customers and you do not respect them then nothing you have to say will ever be taken as positive because anything they have to say would only reflect that attitude.

So honesty/directness isn't an option for Daum/Kakao because it would only damage their image further, so vagueness and misdirection is all they are able to productively allow. But maybe if another company manages to by some stretch of the imagination get the licensing from Kakao for bdo proper communications might be a thing.