• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I need a little help from the community

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone, 

As a fellow BDO player I need a little off-game help. I am writting my master thesis and the topic is about Gaming. 

It wont take you more than 5 minutes to coplete my survey. 

Thank you in advance very very much <3 

SURVEY LINK:

http://survey.sogosurvey.com/survey.aspx?k=UsVXQXTsSsPsPsP&lang=0&data

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, 

As a fellow BDO player I need a little off-game help. I am writting my master thesis and the topic is about Gaming. 

It wont take you more than 5 minutes to coplete my survey. 

Thank you in advance very very much <3 

SURVEY LINK:

http://survey.sogosurvey.com/survey.aspx?k=UsVXQXTsSsPsPsP&lang=0&data

Feedback, not a rant.

I dont know how to say this, but there are things you should know, i took the survey for you, but there are a few questionable questions, so i thought i would explain it a little further in detail for you, so for next time you may get a better and more accurate reading.

Im only spending money on a game for the simple fact that i dont go out and seek entertainment like going to the movies or going to restaurants, drink alcohol, etc... due to my condition, so the money i spend on gaming which is very little approx $5 AUS per month. If i didnt have my medical condition, i would be doing other things rather then be sitting here in front of a pc playing games.

But earlier in my years of gaming when i was able to work and i was playing roughly 4hrs p/week, until now as im playing upto 14hrs p/day. Im currently out of town atm and ill be visiting a pain centre tomorrow about my condition, just giving you an idea on how bad my situation is.

The reason why i brought this up, cause i felt your survey was more pointed towards YES or NO answers and no questions about being in between or neutral. For example the cash shop questions, now when i played DCUO i very rarely actually to be truthful once a year i would put $50 AUS on my account if i could afford it, because that game was a subscription based game. But now playing BDO i can afford to spend a little more money in their shop, because it isnt a sub based game. So as you can see, that some of those questions wont be accurate unless we and you know exactly what type of game your playing or referring to.

I just couldnt stop thinking about how much of my answers would be different if i were answering them more towards my old games DCUO marketing system, instead of BDO's, cause as i was answering your questions as if you were referring to BDO mainly.

Just letting you that perhaps next time when putting a survey together just keep what i mentioned in the back of your mind when deciding what questions to ask.

But great survey and i hope i helped you out! :D

Edited by CombatKiller
1 person likes this

Posted

Feedback, not a rant.

I dont know how to say this, but there are things you should know, i took the survey for you, but there are a few questionable questions, so i thought i would explain it a little further in detail for you, so for next time you may get a better and more accurate reading.

Im only spending money on a game for the simple fact that i dont go out and seek entertainment like going to the movies or going to restaurants, drink alcohol, etc... due to my condition, so the money i spend on gaming which is very little approx $5 AUS per month. If i didnt have my medical condition, i would be doing other things rather then be sitting here in front of a pc playing games.

But earlier in my years of gaming when i was able to work and i was playing roughly 4hrs p/week, until now as im playing upto 14hrs p/day. Im currently out of town atm and ill be visiting a pain centre tomorrow about my condition, just giving you an idea on how bad my situation is.

The reason why i brought this up, cause i felt your survey was more pointed towards YES or NO answers and no questions about being in between or neutral. For example the cash shop questions, now when i played DCUO i very rarely actually to be truthful once a year i would put $50 AUS on my account if i could afford it, because that game was a subscription based game. But now playing BDO i can afford to spend a little more money in their shop, because it isnt a sub based game. So as you can see, that some of those questions wont be accurate unless we and you know exactly what type of game your playing or referring to.

I just couldnt stop thinking about how much of my answers would be different if i were answering them more towards my old games DCUO marketing system, instead of BDO's, cause as i was answering your questions as if you were referring to BDO mainly.

Just letting you that perhaps next time when putting a survey together just keep what i mentioned in the back of your mind when deciding what questions to ask.

But great survey and i hope i helped you out! :D

Thank you for the participation. The survey is made from prepared questions due to some regulations so I was not able to change the questions much. I completely understand you point of view, however due to the lack of time and it is still a Master thesis I do not have the ability to go in deapr research. Although I wish to. Thanks again! 

If your masters thesis is on gaming then you obviously took a shit direction at school fam. Why didn't you take finance? Or STEM? 

If you actually manage to read the introductory message I left on the survey you would have seen that my masters is not on Gaming only. It is based on Social media but I personally use Online Gaming as a type of social media to analyse thus it is a subject which is lacking such type of research. I am graduating in Management,technology and innovation. Anyhow, thank you for the participation :) 

Posted (edited)

"What is your current martial status?"

I am assuming you're talking about my relationship status because you said "living with partner" so I am assuming it's not marriage only. The issue is I have a partner but I do not live with them... unfortunately there is no option for that.

Ps: the word is Marital not Martial

Edited by Cappuchino

Posted

Hi Ivyvi! ^_^ I have finished your survey. I wish you luck on your thesis, hope you get an A! 

Also guys, you don't need to correct her little spelling mistakes. All she needs from you (the community) is your answers to the questions as she will be looking at the results only. Be nice. 

(Ignore the profanity, the initial message is to be nice) ^_^ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTh5JzRziHE 

1 person likes this

Posted

I went through the survey a little bit and stopped ... not used to criticize but there are some answers a bit redundant and constrictive, free answers would be better (imo)

ex.

Attitude toward Playing Online games:

It is a lot of fun to play online games. 
I like to play online games. 
Playing online games is attractive.

Three very similar answers