• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PA and the local reps are not the problem

73 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In following KaKao for months, it is obvious where the issue rests. The company KaKao is going to eventually dump or sell off this game, as it is only a matter of time, when people give up on the game, due to the lack of invested interest by the publisher. I enjoy the game and what PA made, and feel that KaKao is doung their best to profit off of a fantasticly developed game. With articles such as http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/english/news/ict/15744-eventfulness-kakao-suffers-series-lawsuits and http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=212399 as well as many others going much further back, this company has shown their true colors. This game's survival is reliant on another publisher taking over.

edit: i am not saying PA is perfect, but they have built a fantastic game. It is obvious of their desires and their commitment based on their future plans that they have shown, as well as the changes that have been made, based on the limited feedback they receive. This is a one sided effort, as kakao does things only when their hand seems forced. 

Edited by Zibbernopperrroo

Posted

Inb4 lock and OP getting rightfully banned 

3 people like this

Posted

What you saying makes no sense. If you enjoy the game then play it.The lvl of obsession of some ppl amaze me. Is not the first or the last mmo that has a bad publisher deal with it!!!!

2 people like this

Posted

might as well ban korean press then too. This is fact, not rumor. 

Posted

mediocre publishers are a dime a dozen

And lets not glorify PA, they've had their share of novice programming blunders (the missing space in the party leader string is so cringeworthy my god)

Posted

What you saying makes no sense. If you enjoy the game then play it.The lvl of obsession of some ppl amaze me. Is not the first or the last mmo that has a bad publisher deal with it!!!!

i am pointing out the reasoning for our reps being overworked and far too few, the communication being void and othe such problems. Kakao is not investing in the game. If you fail to see it, then you are truly blind. If you attack truth then you are ambitiously blind on your own choice.

mediocre publishers are a dime a dozen

And lets not glorify PA, they've had their share of novice programming blunders (the missing space in the party leader string is so cringeworthy my god)

i agree, PA is not perfect, but they are working on the game, progressively. They are activily trying to improve the game. This is the difference.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i am pointing out the reasoning for our reps being overworked and far too few, the communication being void and othe such problems. Kakao is not investing in the game. If you fail to see it, then you are truly blind. If you attack truth then you are ambitiously blind on your own choice.

All that start to looks like a conspiracy theory.....is not that complicated. As i said above kakao is not the first neither the last company with a bad business model. What Trion Worlds, Inc did to archage is must worst in my opinion than this. Nobody knows the future of the game yet, as i know they didnt stoped in korea developing new content. Electronic Arts has one of the worst reputation in the world but they dont make less money because of that :D

Edited by Epitafios
2 people like this

Posted

All that start to looks like a conspiracy theory.....is not that complicated. As i said above kakao is not the first neither the last company with a bad business model. What Trion Worlds, Inc did to archage is must worst in my opinion than this. Nobody knows the future of the game yet, as i know they didnt stoped in korea developing new content. Electronic Arts has one of the worst reputation in the world but they dont make less money because of that :D

to call the articles and facts a conpiracy is delusional. Yes, EA has been a sour note for a long time, but were not always so. They ride on a large amount of ways that they have cornered the market, with wise spending and contract negotiations. Kakao does not have this. Your statements are fine and dandy, but does not change facts just because you want them to. My last coment, about the game surviving, is based on what kakao does to many of their extra endevours. They do not last long. Instead of knee-jerk responses, research a little, else you sound rather uninformed. I can post about ten or more articles, if you would like. Anything more, which there is, is simply overkill. 

Posted

My last coment, about the game surviving, is based on what kakao does to many of their extra endevours. They do not last long.

We all know what happens to mmo's after release, I hope they make enough money off the whales to keep increasing cash flow quarter to quarter or I do fear kakao's past will be repeated. 

Posted

might as well ban korean press then too. This is fact, not rumor. 

u sir lied!  U had promised me that you blocked me. Now my feelings are hurt:(

1 person likes this

Posted

and feel that KaKao is doung their best to profit off of a fantasticly developed game.

You realize a lot of the profit Kakao makes goes to PA, right? Probably a percentage - an extremely high one. You're delusional if you think PA has no control over their own game, and that Pearl Abyss doesn't profit off of our version.

I hate to burst your bubble, because you seem very serious that you've "figured it all out", but you're about as far from the mark as possible. Sorry.

1 person likes this

Posted

You realize a lot of the profit Kakao makes goes to PA, right? Probably a percentage - an extremely high one. You're delusional if you think PA has no control over their own game, and that Pearl Abyss doesn't profit off of our version.

I hate to burst your bubble, because you seem very serious that you've "figured it all out", but you're about as far from the mark as possible. Sorry.

you misunderstand my comments entirely. Where did i say that PA did not control the game. Instead of putting words in my mouth, how about keep to my actual comments. The lack of communication, and obvious fact that our comments do not make it to PA. You sound like a know it all though, so whatever.

Posted (edited)

Why should he be banned? We got another Flanders in the forums... LOL.

Rightfully? Are you 10? What did he say? Really, these fanBOYS...

Game is dying alone, does not need any help...

Edited by crosspath

Posted

In following KaKao for months, it is obvious where the issue rests. The company KaKao is going to eventually dump or sell off this game, as it is only a matter of time, when people give up on the game, due to the lack of invested interest by the publisher. I enjoy the game and what PA made, and feel that KaKao is doung their best to profit off of a fantasticly developed game. With articles such as http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/english/news/ict/15744-eventfulness-kakao-suffers-series-lawsuits and http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=212399 as well as many others going much further back, this company has shown their true colors. This game's survival is reliant on another publisher taking over.

edit: i am not saying PA is perfect, but they have built a fantastic game. It is obvious of their desires and their commitment based on their future plans that they have shown, as well as the changes that have been made, based on the limited feedback they receive. This is a one sided effort, as kakao does things only when their hand seems forced. 

Please tell me you are trolling.. PLEASE!

So you think Kakao implements changes? Do you truly believe that Kakao can do anything more than tell PA that they don't think this is the right move for "their" version of the game? I'm not a huge supporter or fan of Kakao, but all your gripes should be with the Devs, PA and no one else!

Also you are mixing different things and trying to pass it off as some sort of "conspiracy"?

Did you even read or understand what you linked? So you are linking a lawsuit about patent infringement regarding a "friend feature API"?

WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Do you realize how many companies you support that have been involved with patent lawsuits?

Holy NAIVETE BATMAN?!
Look I mean this as respectfully as possible, but if Op isn't trolling he just unabashedly showed us his ignorance of how anything works in this world.. just LOL .. LOL and SIGH

1 person likes this

Posted

Please tell me you are trolling.. PLEASE!

So you think Kakao implements changes? Do you truly believe that Kakao can do anything more than tell PA that they don't think this is the right move for "their" version of the game? I'm not a huge supporter or fan of Kakao, but all your gripes should be with the Devs, PA and no one else!

Also you are mixing different things and trying to pass it off as some sort of "conspiracy"?

Did you even read or understand what you linked? So you are linking a lawsuit about patent infringement regarding a "friend feature API"?

WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Do you realize how many companies you support that have been involved with patent lawsuits?

Holy NAIVETE BATMAN?!
Look I mean this as respectfully as possible, but if Op isn't trolling he just unabashedly showed us his ignorance of how anything works in this world.. just LOL .. LOL and SIGH

haha, your post, haha. Wow. Okay, to start at the beginning.

kakao is the middle man, which feedback is given. By censoring this feedback and manipulating it, what benifits kakao is put in place. If something is disliked by the community, it has to reach extreme before the actual word has a chance to make it to PA. This is supposed to work differently, assisting the language barrier, but instead is exploited for kakaos pocket. 

The practice of how kakao does bussiness is not different because you are suddenly a customer. If you think they care about you, or anyone except mods that freely volunteer watch this, then i guess you are worse off than i imagined. 

As these articles and many show, this company is spiraling down, and this was a way to be a quick boost to alleviate their crashing stock. It has a lot to do with it. You're are calling me niave, yet missing every point to appease what i assume is your hopes that your time and money in this game mean something more. It is self satisfaction only, and if you seek validation, than you will always be calling others the names that more fittingly lable yourself.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/035720:KS

once their stock improves, if it does, then they will have no need of this game.

Posted (edited)

haha, your post, haha. Wow. Okay, to start at the beginning.

kakao is the middle man, which feedback is given. By censoring this feedback and manipulating it, what benifits kakao is put in place. If something is disliked by the community, it has to reach extreme before the actual word has a chance to make it to PA. This is supposed to work differently, assisting the language barrier, but instead is exploited for kakaos pocket. 

The practice of how kakao does bussiness is not different because you are suddenly a customer. If you think they care about you, or anyone except mods that freely volunteer watch this, then i guess you are worse off than i imagined. 

As these articles and many show, this company is spiraling down, and this was a way to be a quick boost to alleviate their crashing stock. It has a lot to do with it. You're are calling me niave, yet missing every point to appease what i assume is your hopes that your time and money in this game mean something more. It is self satisfaction only, and if you seek validation, than you will always be calling others the names that more fittingly lable yourself.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/035720:KS

once their stock improves, if it does, then they will have no need of this game.

Dude wall of text saying nothing.

Do you understand what you type? SInce when do middle man produce or change the products they sell? The -----? LOL

All they can do, especially if they sell a lot of that product is go to the producer and tell them to PLEASE change this and hope it does change.

Do you not understand all Kakao does is sell this in the NA/ Eu for them? Sure it's a bit more than just sell it, but they in no way in hell have anything to do with the developement of this product?

Do you not understand this?
Also what does a patent infringement lawsuit on a FRIEND API have to do with BLACK DESERT ONLINE?

Can you please fail more at trolling and discussing this?

Worst part of your troll post is you are actually making me defend Kakao from your blatant ignorance.

Edited by Pavo
2 people like this

Posted

It's been pretty obvious for a very long time that Kakao is the reason the state of the forums AND the game are the way they are.

You simply have to look at the pay to play model they've got going in Russia to see that Pearl Abyss can do whatever the publisher asks them to do, our publisher just never asks them to do shit and instead tries to shift the blame on them (blaming Pearl Abyss for not being able to release more than 1 awakening at a time? really CMs? really?).

2 people like this

Posted

Dude wall of text saying nothing.

Do you understand what you type? SInce when do middle man produce or change the products they sell? The -----? LOL

All they can do, especially if they sell a lot of that product is go to the producer and tell them to PLEASE change this and hope it does change.

Do you not understand all Kakao does is sell this in the NA/ Eu for them? Sure it's a bit more than just sell it, but they in no way in hell have anything to do with the developement of this product?

Do you not understand this?
Also what does a patent infringement lawsuit on a FRIEND API have to do with BLACK DESERT ONLINE?

Can you please fail more at trolling and discussing this?

Worst part of your troll post is you are actually making me defend Kakao from your blatant ignorance.

you are just trolling, lol. Blocked.

Posted

you are just trolling, lol. Blocked.

he s an ignorant lol....was amusing while it lasted :P

1 person likes this

Posted

you misunderstand my comments entirely. Where did i say that PA did not control the game. Instead of putting words in my mouth, how about keep to my actual comments. The lack of communication, and obvious fact that our comments do not make it to PA. You sound like a know it all though, so whatever.

Because stating that Kakao is "taking advantage" of Pearl Abyss' game implies that PA doesn't have control over their game? To get past any confusion between us, please answer whether you believe that Pearl Abyss has control over their game, which is published by Kakao. Yes or No, so I don't have to put words into anybody's mouth.

I like how you're so sure that it's a fact that our comments don't go to PA. Ever thought that they do go to PA, but PA ignores them? Is it possible that they aren't being sent? Yes. Is it possible that they are being sent? Yes. How would you know? I'm just saying - I don't know whether they do or not - nobody in this community does. I don't understand why you think I'm a know-it-all, when I'm the one rational enough to acknowledge that there are unknown variables in this situation, while you're stating hypotheses as facts. You're entitled to your opinion/belief, but please don't state it as a fact, because right now you're just making up a story with no evidence to support it.

I also love how you try and relate those articles linked in the first post somehow to the state of Black Desert. Why would a black desert player care about Kakao's messaging apps? While I don't condone (nor care, really) any illegal activity on their end, what difference does that make on the company's ability to publish a videogame? I'm not sure if you've ever had a job before, but the way that multi-service companies work, is that they're divided into branches which manage each one. Each branch has their own leaders, separate from the others. What ties these branches together is the investors/board of directors for the company. If Kakao's messenger app was handled poorly, that doesn't make one tiny bit of difference to us on the Black Desert branch. Not one little bit. None. Nada. Zip.

I'm looking forward to your response, please address all my points if this is something that you adamantly believe (and wish to argue) that you are correct on.

You made a forum thread wishing to argue your point on this, and when somebody brought up counterpoints you said "lol. Blocked." I'm hoping that you're able to respond to me, as I very much enjoy exploring these topics inside and out.

3 people like this

Posted

So you're saying Square Enix did not tack on a free to play game inside of the new Deus Ex ?

That the content creators wanted this as well as, a cash shop inside of their game ? (Remember when cheats were free) 

This is just one example of publishers changing their product no one can agree with other then shareholders. 

Publishers always have the final say. 

Posted (edited)

OP I would agree with the opinion that what you have presented seems just like a conspiracy theory. I don't see anything in either of those two article to support this kind of speculation. Perhaps you should be more specific and explain your reasoning in more detail.

I've posted this link here on the forum a few times already but I think I'll post it again because a little knowledge about logic can be a benefit to everyone.

Logic Made Easy

Edited by ronniejw
Edited link
1 person likes this

Posted

So you're saying Square Enix did not tack on a free to play game inside of the new Deus Ex ?

That the content creators wanted this as well as, a cash shop inside of their game ? (Remember when cheats were free) 

This is just one example of publishers changing their product no one can agree with other then shareholders. 

Publishers always have the final say. 

Show me Pearl Abyss' contract with Kakao that gives Kakao all the decision making power then.

1 person likes this

Posted

Show me Pearl Abyss' contract with Kakao that gives Kakao all the decision making power then.

Show me the contract saying otherwise then.

Posted

Lol, I can play this game too.  You show the contract stated otherwise. 9_9

There is a reason crowdfunding is what it is, content creators wanting freedom from publishers changing their product.