• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Awakening Video!

109 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Rejoice brother and sisters, our time is nigh! 

Edit: Since some may not know, Wizard awakening will be released the same time as Witch in a pair. This means with Musa/Maehwa on Nov 23rd and Ninja/Kunoichi on Dec 7th, we can expect ours 4 days before christmas...

Edited by Rzaj
8 people like this

Posted

lol @ that young wizard at the end

1 person likes this

Posted

I am having an.orgasmmmmmm is that mobility I see? Yolooooooo 

2 people like this

Posted

no support skills?

Posted

I am having an.orgasmmmmmm is that mobility I see? Yolooooooo 

https://i.imgur.com/86Yl77t.jpg :D

Posted

thought we are going supp, literally 90% of my guild was asking me to become their pocket healer ..... but now I am gonna get mu revenge on them, btw is this witch aoe one shotting everything?

Posted

lol that looks so bad....

No major increase in mobility or a self peel CC like a grab...... just more AoEs but melee / close range... 

4 people like this

Posted

Looks amazing. Time to play witch again

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Dat finger flicking! I am in Love 0:15 and 0:55

Edited by XHit

Posted

Meh, I don't like it but there are enough other classes that I can play :)

Posted

No major increase in mobility or a self peel CC like a grab...... just more AoEs but melee / close range... 

Depends how you define mobility. Those skills looks close to insta-cast, so much less stationery gameplay. Compare that to hard-casting Meteor for 5 hours or Blizzard, than it's definitely a mobility buff. I like what I'm seeing.

Only thing I dislike is that awkward slut costume. How hard can it be to make something that's sexy and stylish?

Posted (edited)

0:38 - double tp

Also awakening trailers shows only like 80% of awakening skills so there's still hope. On top of that we still may get a little change in wiz/witch pre-awakening skills. We'll see in a few days.

Edited by Hayaku

Posted

Finally! That was awesome!...Can't wait for the wizard awakening! Looks really bad ass with this costume..:)

Posted

I wanna know how we can look like a young wiz, is it auto added to template options

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm underwhelmed by the awakening skills... but overwhelmed by young wizard hot dayum.

3 people like this

Posted

the skills feel powerful and I really think the character animations for them are well done.

Posted

Big aoe's= might play witch later. haha lets see what wizard does especially since they made it younger. they old man thing was stupid.

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks like the water orb is dripping, so maybe the wizard will fight with water instead of ice. Would be so damn cool!

Posted

0:14 green ball -- taunt and AOE slow?

0:18 delay on lightning summon's cast, she cast something at the same time? or could have been part of the same cast, hard to tell

0:23 rock summon -- didn't knockdown, son I am disappoint

0:32 looks like every (most?) awakening cast has the summon in the cast animation

0:34 rock summon is hulk! rock summon SMASH!

0:38 double teleport! i say again, double teleport

0:42 freezing fog with staff, weapon swap, and then huge AOE when side shifting

-:-- basically showing off at this point

1:09 everything. just. dies.

Anyone see anything else?

Posted

Well, if there's one thing I know about these awakening videos, they never really do a very good job at actually showcasing the new skills.  They always show clunky combos, or incomplete combos, and usually they never show more than like half the skills.  Personally, I was really hoping there would be some awesome support spells, so I'm a little disappointed.  I do like that she snaps her fingers and stomps the ground and stuff, that's a nice touch.  However, that being said, I think I'll wait till some real gameplay videos come out before I get myself too excited.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Impulse Well, there's also this awesome little tidbit:

Whoa, mobs actually turn their attention to the golem/spirit you summon to attack with while it's casting. You can see it at 0:57 and 1:10. So you get the benefit of pets to tank for you without the downside of relying on shit AI. xD

Looks like the water orb is dripping, so maybe the wizard will fight with water instead of ice. Would be so damn cool!

Well, they already told us that... Way back in April.

And wow, we're using the Golems and Spirits as tools to cast with rather than pets with AI or Power Rangers transformation suits? I feel like somebody might have predicted that...

EDIT: Well -----, they are pets.

TL;DR - I am God nothing, my Word is Law nothing.

Edited by Zephan

Posted

YESYEYSYEYSYYEYS THE HYPE IS REAL.THE TRANSFER BETWEEN STAFF AND OD MIDFIGHT SEEMS PERFECTLY SEAMLESS! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED AAAAH #CAPS

Posted (edited)

Not melee: 

Not a tammer: ✓

Able to use on horse: X 

Mobility/instant cast: X

i guess I'm satisfied with it.

Edited by Kryaix
Zephan ruined my dreams..
1 person likes this

Posted

Able to use on horse: looks possible

Awakening weapons can't be used while mounted.

1 person likes this

Posted

Y O U N G     W I Z A R D      BOIS

4 people like this