• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Awakening Video!

109 posts in this topic

Posted

0 support skills then. i think i reroll wizard, i prefer fire and water

Posted

0 support skills then. i think i reroll wizard, i prefer fire and water

Don't reroll. Leave wizard to those who selected him from the beginning and believe in him...:P

Posted

Don't reroll. Leave wizard to those who selected him from the beginning and believe in him...:P

i picked witch for some "support" skill, but if she is full dmg i prefer water and fire

Posted

So, Witch has Air/Lightning and Earth, which could be classed as CC/Damage.

And Wizard has Fire/Water/Ice, which could be classed as Damage/Healing/CC. I'm really curious how the FX for Wizard will look like, as fire is usually done pretty meh in some other games. I hope it also has some more "magic" feel to it, same with Ice/Water attacks; and I really hope we get actual water.

Posted

To all those that thought witch awakening would be support... for reasons...

Told you it wouldnt be.

Posted

On one hand i really want wiz to have the snap, so i can weab out like roy mustang BUT i feel i could do much more immersion if he clapped his hands together instead, especially when following up with earthquake

Posted

I wish Awakenings were on par with normal weapons skills for damage ( or boost normal weapon skills) so that either play style was acceptable for end game. 

Posted

I wish Awakenings were on par with normal weapons skills for damage ( or boost normal weapon skills) so that either play style was acceptable for end game. 

If awakened skills did the same damage as normal witch skills but had less range then no one would use them. I think it is balanced like this:

-- If you want to risk getting in close(r) or someone closes the gap on you, use awakened skills.

-- If you want to play it safe and stay at range, use existing skills at the cost of less damage.

There also seems to be a fun synergy shown in the video where you freeze around you while using the staff and then switch to awakening to blow up what you just froze. Currently we have to get in close to use the 360 degree freeze but have no good followup.

Posted

This awakening is the totally copy from Diablo3 Sorc, the same weapons, orbs xD but its still great aswell, great work

Posted

When I first saw the awakening I was hyped but now I am confused.Even if skills are instacast there is a small animation going on,we gonna get armor or frontal blocks or its gonna be a cast interrupt fest again? Since most classes are cast interrupting us easily ,now on close range its gonna get even harder to finish the skill.we gonna learn how it works as long as its out on korea.

Posted

I'm happy and relieved xD

Posted

This awakening makes me wanna go back to my witch! >.<

Posted

yer, however it is not long range either and the 8 max mob aggro makes the slow cast aoe's less effective for farm.

i am also dissapointed that it didnt seem to have any support or defensive abilities.

besides that AWESOME

Except the "summons" aggro mobs as well, as I pointed out already on the first page.

Posted

Dat finger flicking! I am in Love 0:15 and 0:55

it´ll be only half as awesome without sounds though... since... grinding with sounds on only is HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS and HAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS and HUHAHUHUHA!

Posted

Pple so upset witch awakening is melee- mid range. They suddenly forgot what happened during every other awakening. I'm happy they gave us melee ranged kit, means I stand a chance now. All I can hope for is that we got a block.... Or whatever a wizard/witch would use to block.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pple so upset witch awakening is melee- mid range. They suddenly forgot what happened during every other awakening. I'm happy they gave us melee ranged kit, means I stand a chance now. All I can hope for is that we got a block.... Or whatever a wizard/witch would use to block.

^ this! anyhow the transfer between orbs and staff is seamless if you want to move far away drop a meteor and a couple ranged spells then move in switch to orb it just adds so many possibilities to play the class!

Posted

I guess the biggest problem with witch / wiz atm is small scale PvP. Besides chain lightning, it can be a little difficult to connect with a projectile when someone's running circles around you. Point blank aoes do solve that, but after watching the video a few times and getting over the initial hype and looking past the flashiness, I'm disappointed that it feels a bit one dimensional. I mean, all it really adds is close range aoes? Meh.

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess the biggest problem with witch / wiz atm is small scale PvP. Besides chain lightning, it can be a little difficult to connect with a projectile when someone's running circles around you. Point blank aoes do solve that, but after watching the video a few times and getting over the initial hype and looking past the flashiness, I'm disappointed that it feels a bit one dimensional. I mean, all it really adds is close range aoes? Meh.

if ur complaining about close ranged aoe ur either not a pvper or ur not a witch/wizard

Posted (edited)

if ur complaining about close ranged aoe ur either not a pvper or ur not a witch/wizard

I appreciate and already acknowledged the significance of damage spells we don't have to aim at an I-framing sorc or what have you. What I was getting at is that I would like to see additional things, more than just nukes.

I may have been a bit hasty in my comment since we haven't seen the exact details of each of the skills, and there may be a couple that weren't showcased. Apparently one of the skills debuffs enemy movement, cast and attack speed. That's the sort of support skills beyond just a few more explosions that I would like to see.

Just a couple more days and we shall know more!

Edited by Indigo Shade

Posted

Looks like the summons are mid-rage casting proxies.  You summon, mobs go after golem and cast AOE blast thru golem to blast everything around it instead of you. Might be a good fake out move for PvP if it works that way.

Posted

When is the awakening coming out in KR? Is anyone going to test it? I really would love to see some videos and have more info about it!

Posted (edited)

When is the awakening coming out in KR? Is anyone going to test it? I really would love to see some videos and have more info about it!

I'd like to know that too, maybe someone is doing a stream after KR patch with witch awakening hits?

Edited by Starflyer

Posted

I'd like to know that too, maybe someone is doing a stream after KR patch with witch awakening hits?

this pls

Posted

didnt they release awakening vids on the very day the class got released in KR? Meaning there should b footage out there but we havent found it yet, or maybe they too have patch day today so footage will come later this evening at best?

Posted

didnt they release awakening vids on the very day the class got released in KR? Meaning there should b footage out there but we havent found it yet, or maybe they too have patch day today so footage will come later this evening at best?

They showcase the video a few days before the patch. The patch is tomorrow from 06:00 - 10:00 (UTC +9).

2 people like this