• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

poll Game population

Server population   405 votes

1. 1. By your own personal view how much of the population did drop off on your server?

• 10% decrease
    • 20% decrease
    • 30% decrease
    • 40% decrease
    • 50% decrease
    • 60% decrease
    • 70% decrease
    • 80% decrease
    • 90% decrease
    • --% increase

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

126 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello players of bdo.

So i wont say the game is dead or something in that nature.

How ever i did see a drop in populace since launch, so i wanted to ask you the bdo players how much you noticed the drop or maybe a increase in populace on your server?

You may think what is the point of this thread, well its to see which servers are populated and which are not, also since Kakao doesn't give hard numbers on the active players this will be the best bet of seeing what the decrease or increase of the population has done on your server.

Also if you wish to share you recent experience on this subject would be much appreciated, but lets keep it civilized since our feedback is "of importance to this company".

Jokes aside i really wish to know how you as bdo player feel about this subject.

I play on Croxus and i have noticed a decrease of at least 50 or even 60% and its kind of demotivating to say the least also since their is no way to switch servers and i don't want to start anew on Jordine i will have to wait for the server transfer coupon to be released or a server merge.

So what are you'r thought's ?

Posted

I'm going to guess up til this point of a gradual decrease of 50%.

This is only for Orwen, which used to have several channels saying "Crowded" for quite some time.

Been well before the awakening/ "P2W" nonsense outburst that it stopped saying it was crowded on any channel. 

I'm just curious to how Uno is doing since if I recall correctly it is the smallest of the 3.

I wouldn't mind an Uno/Orwen merge.

1 person likes this

Posted

90% dead game so the anti p2w folk think but in truth we only lost maybe 3% of the most toxic folks with the p2w update on edan so all is ok and not dead :D

7 people like this

Posted

The drop from since headstart to now is roughly 60%, very noticeable, and this is way before the QQing of P2W. 

This is mainly because people can handle the grind, and another factor is the mmo hobo status, when theyre just gonna keep wondering until the end of time. 

Posted

The game lost 24,93% of the playerbase since launch. No is 28.87%.....hmmm maybe im wrong again. Is 32.78% , not sure.At least i know something for sure....posts like that are over 9000 stupid

5 people like this

Posted

The game lost 24,93% of the playerbase since launch. No is 28.87%.....hmmm maybe im wrong again. Is 32.78% , not sure.At least i know something for sure....posts like that are over 9000 stupid

posts like yours are also stupid

he didn't ask exactly how much did your server drop. ----- no one knows except PA and KG. 

if you actually took the time to read instead of posting trash and vomit, you would notice it asks "by your own personal view"

let me explain it so your lazy "i can't bother to read anything" brain understands

by my own personal view means what I think, what I estimate, from where i'm standing what does it look like. the actual number is completely irrelevant.

It's like when my wife says, "Honey I'm cold!!" it doesn't matter what the temperature really is, it can be 12C or it can be 30C the fact is that she feels cold and I either fix that problem or I spend the evening with a nagging whiny wife. 

4 people like this

Posted

posts like yours are also stupid

he didn't ask exactly how much did your server drop. ----- no one knows except PA and KG. 

if you actually took the time to read instead of posting trash and vomit, you would notice it asks "by your own personal view"

let me explain it so your lazy "i can't bother to read anything" brain understands

by my own personal view means what I think, what I estimate, from where i'm standing what does it look like. the actual number is completely irrelevant.

It's like when my wife says, "Honey I'm cold!!" it doesn't matter what the temperature really is, it can be 12C or it can be 30C the fact is that she feels cold and I either fix that problem or I spend the evening with a nagging whiny wife. 

You got serious issues..... cant help you sorry

Posted

Game population is 1.247,452 who are logging in every single day and actively playing for 4 hours or more. Since we're making assumptions based purely off our own personal observations with no actual evidence. :) 

3 people like this

Posted

How ever i did see a drop in populace since launch, so i wanted to ask you the bdo players how much you noticed the drop or maybe a increase in populace on your server?

I play on Croxus and i have noticed a decrease of at least 50 or even 60% and its kind of demotivating to say the least also since their is no way to switch servers and i don't want to start anew on Jordine i will have to wait for the server transfer coupon to be released or a server merge.

I hope you realise it was summer and vacation time. Half of Europe, at least, was gone in August, not sure how it is in US. But of course there was a drop in the in-game population during this time.

If I didn't see too many people or cars on the street during summer time should I assume they've all died?

Posted

Game population is 1.247,452 who are logging in every single day and actively playing for 4 hours or more. Since we're making assumptions based purely off our own personal observations with no actual evidence. :) 

i'm pretty sure that was the question in the poll, 

in your own personal observation with no actual evidence, what is the population of your server

Posted

From my observation: I didn't notice any population drop-off after the value pack 'controversy'; I didn't notice any population drop-off after the launch of pearl item sales on the marketplace; I *did* observe a marked population the day Legion launched.

I can't get my head around the idea that anyone who would like the themepark that is WoW would be playing BDO at all, but there you go: the day Legion launched, I noticed my position on the various ranking lists increase.

Posted

i'm pretty sure that was the question in the poll, 

It's not though, the poll is loaded towards people choosing a decrease in population. Otherwise there would have been the same percentages for an increase and an option for "remained the same". :) 

in your own personal observation with no actual evidence, what is the population of your server

Game population is 1.247,452 who are logging in every single day and actively playing for 4 hours or more. 

Posted

I can't get my head around the idea that anyone who would like the themepark that is WoW would be playing BDO at all, but there you go: the day Legion launched, I noticed my position on the various ranking lists increase.

Because people like different things for different reasons. 

Anyway, I see no change in population based on my own observations. :)

Posted

Got a source for that?

1 person likes this

Posted

Got a source for that?

Don't need to provide one as you haven't demanded it off anyone else. :) 

Posted

Based on my own observations, I'd say that player estimates of game population are anecdotal at best and driven by personal agendas at worst, making them pretty much useless as true estimates of game population.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't need to provide one as you haven't demanded it off anyone else. :) 

The poll is about perception, thus giving a source isn't needed as perception is personal. It is a subjective poll. You gave an exact number (objective), something you have not viewed unless you saw a source for such. Thus I can ask you for your source since your source is obviously something other than your own perception.

6 people like this

Posted

A lot of this drop came from people who came over to BDO when it was shiny and new and realized that this wasn't the type of MMO they wanted to play (see, games like WoW, FFXIV, etc.)  They underestimated the grind/how things actually work.  These are also the same people that tend to MMO hop once new MMOs come out.  The only reason it's more noticeable in BDO is because the community was already somewhat small to begin with.  Some of the other drop comes from most of the playerbase moving and going back to school, as well as WoW's legion patch coming out.  End of Aug/Sept is usually a pretty dead month in a lot of MMOs.  

Posted

The poll is about perception, thus giving a source isn't needed as perception is personal. It is a subjective poll. You gave an exact number (objective), something you have not viewed unless you saw a source for such. Thus I can ask you for your source since your source is obviously something other than your own perception.

The poll isn't about perception though, as if it were it would have ONLY 3 options; increased, remained the same or decreased. As soon as you start adding numbers in you are asking people to provide something that is objective, so asking people to state by how much of a percentage has the population changed is asking them to objective.Seeing as people can't see every channel in every area on each server, it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to state by how much of a percentage has the population changed. You can FEEL like the population has changed, but you can state by how much as you don't have the data to back it up. This is the reason personal observations have no basis in fact when talking about population, after all how do you know that the 50 people you can no longer see fishing in Heidel aren't fishing off Altinova or vice versa? Because you ran to check? How do you know they didn't run to turn in their fish, or switch to another channel?

We have no data for the current population so EVERYONE is making assumptions however we do know that the revenue from BDO has doubled from Q1 2016 to Q2 2016. You can't accurately say that the population is dipping when the revenue has increased by such a large margin. 

This is funnily enough the exact point I made in my first point. I get that you want to sound smart, but this just blew up in your face.

Unlucky. :) 

2 people like this

Posted

The poll isn't about perception though, as if it were it would have ONLY 3 options; increased, remained the same or decreased. As soon as you start adding numbers in you are asking people to provide something that is objective, so asking people to state by how much of a percentage has the population changed is asking them to objective.Seeing as people can't see every channel in every area on each server, it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to state by how much of a percentage has the population changed. You can FEEL like the population has changed, but you can state by how much as you don't have the data to back it up. This is the reason personal observations have no basis in fact when talking about population, after all how do you know that the 50 people you can no longer see fishing in Heidel aren't fishing off Altinova or vice versa? Because you ran to check? How do you know they didn't run to turn in their fish, or switch to another channel?

We have no data for the current population so EVERYONE is making assumptions however we do know that the revenue from BDO has doubled from Q1 2016 to Q2 2016. You can't accurately say that the population is dipping when the revenue has increased by such a large margin. 

This is funnily enough the exact point I made in my first point. I get that you want to sound smart, but this just blew up in your face.

Unlucky. :) 

It can have multiple options and be about perception. A person can percieve a 50% decrease in population while another may see an actual increase all based on what server, what channel and what time of day they play on. If I see half the people playing that I normally do, then I perceive a 50% decrease. This is a subjective view since it only takes in my limited perception. A statement such as an exact number like you give is objective as it can only be gained by knowing more than what is in your perception.

You are right, we have no data, but at the same time they are no longer willing to give active player numbers unlike when they paraded around the 100k concurrent players. Typically when a company no longer gives numbers, it is because they no longer look as good. They will continue to give sales numbers and revenue numbers as they are needed for stock holders. It is also not indicative of the player base increasing either.

6 people like this

Posted

80 % decrease perceived.

Posted

There needs to be a merge, but I'm not done raking in my 3 times log in rewards just yet

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

its really hard to tell without server log informations.

From playing person perspective you can notice lack of ppl in certain area where you play BUT it can also mean ppl just moved to another spot...

However from my perspective it also feels a lil empthy now a days (good spots are more often empty and with elite bosses, redbattlefield colonized by hardocres only, some good items in marketplace arent sniped instantly).

Its quite possible Kakao decisions and ALMOST ABSOLUTE LACK OF COMMUNICATIONS starting to fruit as game polupation extinction.

Edited by Kelai

Posted

I understand you want to sound smart. I just don't think you're capable of it.

1 person likes this

Posted

100%.

latest?cb=20121231023340

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0