• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

poll Game population

Server population   405 votes

1. 1. By your own personal view how much of the population did drop off on your server?

• 10% decrease
    • 20% decrease
    • 30% decrease
    • 40% decrease
    • 50% decrease
    • 60% decrease
    • 70% decrease
    • 80% decrease
    • 90% decrease
    • --% increase

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

126 posts in this topic

Posted

My opinion is 20-40 on Croxus server. I assume from activity of big guilds. Not so time ago biggest guilds did have quite high requirements to join them. Now.... Now is funny, it is so bad that they looking for smaller guilds who want merge to them. Many small and medium guilds who was quite active now almost disappeared from radars. Many nodes are empty. Not taken for weeks. Node wars usually are 1-3 max, when at start there was like 5 and more who was fighting for node. I think reason is not only p2w but more to big RGN factor. EU players hate grind for days and loose all bcsos RGN decided ----- you and start again from 0.

Posted

It can have multiple options and be about perception.

Please read my post again, it's not about the multiple options but rather putting a number to it. You can't demand a source off me whilst not demanding a source off others, this would be hippo critical.

A person can percieve a 50% decrease in population while another may see an actual increase all based on what server, what channel and what time of day they play on. If I see half the people playing that I normally do, then I perceive a 50% decrease. This is a subjective view since it only takes in my limited perception.

You still need to count the amount of people before and after to accurately say that it's 50% and once again you are still only making an assumption based on the exact area and channel you are in. 

A statement such as an exact number like you give is objective as it can only be gained by knowing more than what is in your perception.

Completely wrong, I can sit down and count 1,451,125 different names whilst in Heidel. I have also perceived that, sorry but that claiming that the population had changed by a percentage is the same as claiming the the population is an exact number. Soon as you bring numbers into play you are being objective, regardless of whether it's an exact number of a percentage. 

You are right, we have no data, but at the same time they are no longer willing to give active player numbers unlike when they paraded around the 100k concurrent players.

This is what most companies do, I doubt you'll find a major MMO company that publishes active numbers every month, it's usually 6 months to a year. They published the 120,000 as the game had just been released and it not only showed high player retention but an active game. 

Typically when a company no longer gives numbers, it is because they no longer look as good.

Completely false, most game companies don't give numbers out on a monthly basis. Also if you want numbers, how about the fact that revenue had double from Q1 2016 to Q2 2016? How are the numbers not good if the game is a financial success and is improving financially? 

It is also not indicative of the player base increasing either.

Nor is it indicative of population decreasing either which is what I said above. It does however show that there are either MORE people playing the game or that people are spending MORE. It not only doesn't prove that there's a decline in population but rather argues strongly against it, Revenue hasn't increased slightly, it hasn't gone up a smidge; it has double. IF population had remained the same it would mean that people were spending DOUBLE what they were spending before. IF population had decreased it would mean that people were spending MORE than double. 

I understand you want to sound smart. I just don't think you're capable of it.

Thanks for proving that your username is in fact ironic. :) 

Posted

Drop? Question should be how many new players came, about 10-15% new players. Spots are again full - Valencia and Media at all channels. 

Posted

Source?

Posted (edited)

Please read my post again, it's not about the multiple options but rather putting a number to it. You can't demand a source off me whilst not demanding a source off others, this would be hippo critical.

You still need to count the amount of people before and after to accurately say that it's 50% and once again you are still only making an assumption based on the exact area and channel you are in. 

Completely wrong, I can sit down and count 1,451,125 different names whilst in Heidel. I have also perceived that, sorry but that claiming that the population had changed by a percentage is the same as claiming the the population is an exact number. Soon as you bring numbers into play you are being objective, regardless of whether it's an exact number of a percentage. 

This is what most companies do, I doubt you'll find a major MMO company that publishes active numbers every month, it's usually 6 months to a year. They published the 120,000 as the game had just been released and it not only showed high player retention but an active game. 

Completely false, most game companies don't give numbers out on a monthly basis. Also if you want numbers, how about the fact that revenue had double from Q1 2016 to Q2 2016? How are the numbers not good if the game is a financial success and is improving financially? 

Nor is it indicative of population decreasing either which is what I said above. It does however show that there are either MORE people playing the game or that people are spending MORE. It not only doesn't prove that there's a decline in population but rather argues strongly against it, Revenue hasn't increased slightly, it hasn't gone up a smidge; it has double. IF population had remained the same it would mean that people were spending DOUBLE what they were spending before. IF population had decreased it would mean that people were spending MORE than double. 

Giving active player numbers a month after release does little to show player retention. 6 months? Sure it can show player retention (wonder why we haven't gotten any more numbers as it has been 6 months). I mean, if it has actually increased, it would only help silence those that claim it has decreased. Also, most games that struggle with player numbers never give the active playerbase numbers, they instead focus on things like numbers sold, and number of overall accounts. None of which actually give an accurate number of how many actually play the game 

BTW, quite a few games will give actualplayer numbers, many even have ways to see numbers of players on the server live. EvE did such for years, L2 still does it, WoT does it, AW shows how many are in queues but removed the overall totals as it looked extremely bad for the new game. WoW has entire web pages dedicated to breaking down and analyzing the hard data of the server populations.

As for the revenues, their Q2 doubling comes from the fact that they sold many packs on top of the cash shop spending. Until next year or so, we probably will not get an accurate enough look at the revenue to even make a judgement using that as a basis for how many players are in the game.

Edited by Noth
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If i compare the amount of horses in Heidel city running up and down the hill at launch and now, i would say that 90% drop, but probably is around 60% drop, at least my friend list says that.

They are giving free 7 days passes, they need to cash grab before merges and F2P.

Edited by crosspath

Posted

95% decrease

Posted

Almost my whole guild stopped playing after they changed the cash shop policy. We actually had 3 full guilds.

Honestly I think it was uncalled for, and they could have waited for the awakenings at least, since i dont think the game is p2w now anyway...but oh well, I can see the reasoning behind it. I'm not sure about percentage but I'd like to believe they were somewhat in the big chunck of players who just stopped playing for the same reason, but still in the minority. So I'd say around 20-30% top, which is a lot anyhow. Could be much less.

Posted

Playing on Jordine,

When the game went live every channel during peak periods was Crowded and iirc the whole weekends were every channel crowded no matter what time you logged in.

The last time I saw a crowded channel was on the first 'beta' testing of Node Wars and those channels were crowded.

Recently though I haven't seen a single crowded channel.

Saturday PM UTC 'Prime time' Sausan empty, I was the only one there for a good 30 minutes before I was joined by another singleton.

Game dead? - Nah still people about

Game healthy? - Nah declining population

Sources for all this info to keep Flunge the Gunge happy My own two eyes from wandering the empty spaces with no one there :P

1 person likes this

Posted

Plunge I was always wondering & I wanted to ask you for a long time now, how much they pay you for all this dmg control you do day in & day out? seriously question dude, can you show us a check I just wanna know if it's worth it for everything you do, for the countless hours you spent in forum answering everyone & trying to downgrade their post when you see someone write something negative about the game, at least if you can't show us the check plz answer with a simple yes or no in the following question, is the money worth all that trouble?

2 people like this

Posted

Size is just right for me

Posted

I'm going to guess up til this point of a gradual decrease of 50%.

This is only for Orwen, which used to have several channels saying "Crowded" for quite some time.

Been well before the awakening/ "P2W" nonsense outburst that it stopped saying it was crowded on any channel. 

I'm just curious to how Uno is doing since if I recall correctly it is the smallest of the 3.

I wouldn't mind an Uno/Orwen merge.

Yeah, I'd definitely support an Uno/Orwen merge. I'm a player on Uno, and personally, it's hard to come by an active channel. Even if you do find an active channel on Uno, the global chat is just filled with market requests, guild advertisements, and barely any player to player chatting. The world itself on Uno channels is bland when it comes to seeing other players. I only ever see other players on either the main road, cities, or hot-spot grinding areas. And then even at the grinding areas, most likely the player will just unfairly kill off anyone who tries to disrupt their grinding.

All in all, an Uno/Orwen merge would be pretty interesting to see.

Posted

I honestly haven't seen a significant change in population. I still find myself constantly changing channels in grinding spots. I created a character in different server, "Edan", and it has a lot more people for sure.

Posted

There is many people who objectively say the population on their server have been decreased dramatically up to 50% or more, they explain why they say that because they compare in their minds how things were before & how things are atm after the p2w fiasco were whole guilds quit & people were over-enchanting their gear & ruin it, I still remember people destroying even TRI & TET jewels... it was a very sad sight to see.. but that's how disappointed they were with Kakao with the way they handle the game & all the lies they have said & things they will never do just to take everything back & do the complete opposite few months later, some people choose to stay ignorant & deny all that but that's the truth & there is no denying that Kakao led the game to this point when they could avoid all that by staying true to their words & never do whatever the fck they said will never do, the signs were there they could predict what is gonna happen if they go ahead with their plan, thousands of players & hundreds of guilds/guild leaders ask them as nicely they could to reconsider doing those changes because if they decide to go ahead with that lot's of people from their guild are gonna quit, in the end they didn't gave a shit & they choose to ignore them all without even give a single response to all those thousands of post, that's who Kakaogames is, so when all over the internet there is people who shouting that this game is managed from people who all they care about is how to milk the players & they don't give a fck about the community in general how anyone expect to see new people join the game in the future? Kakaogames with BDO is another sad example same with TRION with AA of how a publisher ruin a very promising game that could last for years just to cash in whatever they can as fast as possible & then let it die a slow & tortured death.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its quite possible Kakao decisions and ALMOST ABSOLUTE LACK OF COMMUNICATIONS starting to fruit as game polupation extinction.

I think if you use caps lock enough, they'll notice you.

Posted

This nugga dropping knowledge as usual ^

There is many people who objectively say the population on their server have been decreased dramatically up to 50% or more, they explain why they say that because they compare in their minds how things were before & how things are atm after the p2w fiasco were whole guilds quit & people were over-enchanting their gear & ruin it, I still remember people destroying even TRI & TET jewels... it was a very sad sight to see.. but that's how disappointed they were with Kakao with the way they handle the game & all the lies they have said & things they will never do just to take everything back & do the complete opposite few months later, some people choose to stay ignorant & deny all that but that's the truth & there is no denying that Kakao led the game to this point when they could avoid all that by staying true to their words & never do whatever the fck they said will never do, the signs were there they could predict what is gonna happen if they go ahead with their plan, thousands of players & hundreds of guilds/guild leaders ask them as nicely they could to reconsider doing those changes because if they decide to go ahead with that lot's of people from their guild are gonna quit, in the end they didn't gave a shit & they choose to ignore them all without even give a single response to all those thousands of post, that's who Kakaogames is, so when all over the internet there is people who shouting that this game is managed from people who all they care about is how to milk the players & they don't give a fck about the community in general how anyone expect to see new people join the game in the future? Kakaogames with BDO is another sad example same with TRION with AA of how a publisher ruin a very promising game that could last for years just to cash in whatever they can as fast as possible & then let it die a slow & tortured death.

Wow, I know my grammar is not the best thing out there but holly crap, this is the biggest run on sentence I have ever seen. however big the wall of text is, I also have to agree with you.

1 person likes this

Posted

another veiled whine by the anti p2w people, imagining that the game will die because the elitist 1% didn't get their way, lol.

Posted

Game population is 1.247,452 who are logging in every single day and actively playing for 4 hours or more. Since we're making assumptions based purely off our own personal observations with no actual evidence. :) 

I'm going to have to slap your face with some logic.

The OP had this to say..

You may think what is the point of this thread, well its to see which servers are populated and which are not, also since Kakao doesn't give hard numbers on the active players this will be the best bet of seeing what the decrease or increase of the population has done on your server.

If you where not able to obtain actual numbers then data like this would be one of your best sources.  There are also clear signs such as visibility of other players, seeing how often the server shows light vs heavy activity.

Based on no evidence, oops you screwed up.  Recognizing trends and seeing how often the server shows light is actual evidence.  What your suggesting as usual is that the players can't figure out if the server population is dying without exact numbers.  Using that garbage logic it could go from 120,000 active to 3k active and Plunge would troll like an idiot saying.......well I can't tell if it's declining, we don't have exact numbers.

Many of the posts also show a consistent observation of around 50%.  Not based on pure bs, but on their personal observations as requested in the first place by the OP.

Troll failed...gtfo

Posted

I haven't seen all that big a drop off on Orwen at least, some people left but others take their place, but I'm sure like a good 30% probably left.  Sever still seems busy, so I dunno, I haven't noticed anything major really.

Posted

I camp out in Heidel most of the time these days and it's still full of activity on Orwen V2.

Definitely not as full as weeks/months past, but still enough activity to make the town seem "alive".

Now how many of those players are actually "there" vs afk(insert profession) grinding is another question :3

Posted

My opinion is 20-40 on Croxus server. I assume from activity of big guilds. Not so time ago biggest guilds did have quite high requirements to join them. Now.... Now is funny, it is so bad that they looking for smaller guilds who want merge to them. Many small and medium guilds who was quite active now almost disappeared from radars. Many nodes are empty. Not taken for weeks. Node wars usually are 1-3 max, when at start there was like 5 and more who was fighting for node. I think reason is not only p2w but more to big RGN factor. EU players hate grind for days and loose all bcsos RGN decided ----- you and start again from 0.

Some channels are quite barren. It's easy to see when you check profession rankings.

Posted

git gud

Posted

Don't care about the population, game is mostly solo anyway, why would I care about some random shitters on random servers that I will never ever meet in game, just my view, ----- everyone

Posted

Don't care about the population, game is mostly solo anyway, why would I care about some random shitters on random servers that I will never ever meet in game, just my view, ----- everyone

Are you going to spend a few million a year on the cash shop?  A notice that BDO is shutting down just might effect you.

Posted

Are you going to spend a few million a year on the cash shop?  A notice that BDO is shutting down just might effect you.

There's always going to be new games, you acting like BDO will shut down in the next month, please lol, BDO has years in it, it's just a game, games will replace games, you act like you still playing runescape or something

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0