• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

(While in game) Crash and Pearl Abyss logo

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, this has been happening to me even since the Warrior Awakening patch.

It happens mostly at cities, but it also happened when im traveling by horse.

The issue is this: I'm standing in a City, like Heidel or Calpheon, then I Alt+Tab the game, check Facebook, watch Youtube, etc etc etc (game sounds/music keeps going on). When I decide to return to the game, I encounter the Pearl Abyss black screen logo and the game crashes after a little while.

This wouldn't be a major issue if it were once per day, but this is happening 4-5 times a day, is like RNG (bad RNG) when I Alt+Tab... im checking things from my phone cause I'm afraid to Alt+Tab lol (and the game isnt precisely fast to open again...).

Has anyone had this issue?.

EDIT: I'm using FullScreen (Windowed)

Edited by MakinaSD

Posted

I don't alt+tab while in game; however, this morning I have been unable to stay logged in for more than a minute.  It simply disconnects me back to the log-in/start screen with a message that I lost connection to the server.  I tried different servers and/or instances and it doesn't matter where I try to log in.

Posted

Already happened to me twice since I've wrote this. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying

Posted

Have the same issues with the random Pear Abyss Logo + Freeze. Really annoying

Posted (edited)

Game borderless window, drag browser over it to watch vids or whatever, after a bit always pearl abyss screen. Since patch. 

Only happens when char does something though. Like doing processing or fishing. It never happened when I was just idle standing around. 

Workaround to do afk things without this happening was close the game to Taskbar. 

Edited by xMovingTarget

Posted (edited)

Yeah closing the game to the taskbar is a solution but it's annoying too, I'm too used to quickly alt+tab whenever I'm traveling by horse or just standing in Heidel doing nothing.

The only info I have about the issue is that if I make Alt+Tab while my character just stands in Heidel, then it's like 80% that I won't be able to come back to the game without it crashing.

I have already updated video drivers (GeForce GTX) and still the game crashes.

EDIT : 

Man I got this GODDAMN Pearl Abyss logo shit in my face when doing Kzarka lol, not even Alt+Tab or anything, I was playing, casting some skills and then it  just popped up in my face and I lost Kzarka, not only that but I died and lost a crystal..... -----ing great im super salty at this bug you people should fix this asap.

Edited by MakinaSD

Posted

Ive typed this to them in a ticket and got no answer

Posted

Man I got this GODDAMN Pearl Abyss logo shit in my face when doing Kzarka lol, not even Alt+Tab or anything, I was playing, casting some skills and then it  just popped up in my face and I lost Kzarka, not only that but I died and lost a crystal..... -----ing great im super salty at this bug you people should fix this asap.

Yeah I'm getting this same issue and this exact thing happened to me. This is unplayable. :/

Posted

I left BDO open in task-bar all night long as I do everyday (cause Fishing), and when I returned home, I find my pc super laggy and a Windows message box that said something like "save your work and close these programs cause there isn't enough free memory : blackdesert64.exe".

This has never happened to me before, so I think the issue is like a weird memory leak or something like that.

EDIT: got it again while checking Marketplace..

Posted

EDIT 2 :

Something is working for me so far. Whatever thing you Alt+Tab to, make sure it's on Windowed mode, not Fullscreen. It seems to work for me until now (a single day lol).

Posted (edited)

This has been happening to me as well. Running a GTX 950 2gb with 12gb of RAM and even when the game is on low settings it will still crash, mostly while autopathing though it just happened while I was fishing while on optimization mode/playing another game. 

This has been ongoing since the warrior awakening patch.

Edited by Tesi_Amsel

Posted

I was at Heidel doing some enchanting and I needed to see a failstack chart I have while im building up FS.

I've got the goddamn Pearl Abyss screen at least 4 times within 30 minutes, is unplayable as someone up there said. I'm going to keep pestering the forums so they can be aware of this annoying issue that just make you dont wanna log in again.

Posted (edited)

Playing in Windowed mode (not fullscreen windowed) seems to at least help it not happen so often

Checking back in: Over 1 hour and not a single crash, I've alt tabbed several times. This seems to have fixed it for me. 

Edited by Annaveil

Posted (edited)

I just got the game, and it has been happening to me constantly.

i7-5820k
GTX1070
64Gigs DDR4 ram

Really should not even hickup. I may ask for a refund.

Recording uploaded, the screen with Pearl Abyss appears at 41 seconds in.

https://youtu.be/L0GmVRteY70

*edit* turned off high end mode and it fixed the crashes

Edited by Elaise

Posted

I'm not playing in High End mode. The video would've been a great help if you managed to record the Pearl Abyss logo crash. It happens while @ World Bosses too, without even having to Alt+Tab.

This is still happening even after the Sorceress awakening patch, so they didnt fixed it..... 

Important Note: What version of Windows are you guys running? Im with Windows 10 right now. I think we should gather some information besides each PC spec, because that doesnt seem to be the problem.

I'll try to play in Windowed. I didnt get a crash yesterday, but right now I crashed to the Pearl Abyss logo.

Posted

I cannot keep a character logged in for more than a minute.  I am getting connection lost continuously now since the sorc

awakening patch.  I'm running Windows 10 Pro

I have been playing since release and have not had any issues like this before.

My Ram checks out and passes all tests.  I have tried reinstalling and deleting verion.dat file as well.

Nothing seems to be helping.

Posted

Also been getting this issue since the sorc awakening patch.  I'm on windows 10 and my GPU is an GTX 650 TI, and I'm running all the latest drivers.  I'd like to know if this'll get fixed soon because it's making me hate playing the game since I can't really multitask.

Posted

BUMP this, now it's happening even more often than before.
I've literally stopped playing BDO, is insanely bothersome to have the game crashed almost everytime I Alt+Tab. Devs are still doing nothing it seems.

Posted

Ya ever since i came back to the game i keep getting the pearl abyss screen everytime i alt tab or just leave the computer on to afk. But sicne this new tamer patch i dc even quicker now. Its getting pretty annoying, day of the patch i couldnt even play for more than a minute its super annoying and no one seems to know anyway of fixing it or whats causing it

Posted

I have had the same thing since the Beserker patch and have logged a few tickets. NOTHING back. I have tried fixing it multiple ways but nothing seems to work.

Posted

Ive giving up trying to second guess this rubbish.

Happened 3 times in the last 25mins..middle of guild scrolls. Great, way to go.

Posted (edited)

Maybe the new Nvidia drivers are clashing with this game I have had like 3 video card driver updates in the past 3 weeks from Nvidia. I noticed a lot of you are using GTX I am also using an Nvidia GTX 650(albeit old but usually works fine until recently) and having this same problem. I get the Black Abyss screen regardless of what Im doing if I even try to alt tab to my browser or anything besides the game and occasionally I get it just standing there doing nothing.

Has anyone tried rolling back to old drivers from Nvidia? (I might try this later today I will update this thread with results after testing)

This is what my clothes usually look like after I get the Black Abyss screen wait like 5 minutes for it to snap out of it and Im back into the game. I didnt see this article and made another one but not sure where it went so posting into this one.

When I get back into the game after the Black Abyss screen goes away I noticed also for some reason my weapons only lose their dye colors. I am also not able to dye anything that is already dyed or has not been dyed yet.2016-10-28_190009989.thumb.JPG.d940ab982

2016-10-28_190041744.thumb.JPG.32d35d826

Edited by Tabri
Added more info

Posted

Playing in Windowed mode (not fullscreen windowed) seems to at least help it not happen so often

Checking back in: Over 1 hour and not a single crash, I've alt tabbed several times. This seems to have fixed it for me. 

That worked for a bit for me too, when I tried it a couple of weeks ago. However, the next day I played it would happen just as much in windowed as in fullscreen windowed.

Posted

Did some testing.

Windows 10 driver the game does not get the Black Abyss screen at all but severe lockups instead off and on and terrible rendering and graphics(probably because its a crappy default Windows driver)

Older Nvidia GTX driver( I put one back on my machine that was a year old) I get the Black Abyss screen.

New Nvidia GTX driver- I get the Black Abyss screen.

It doesnt matter what version of GeForce GTX driver you use the game will do this, so basically Kakao or whoever they are now needs to fix the incompatibility between their game and GeForce GTX Nvidia video cards. So we are probably screwed for eternity.

Posted

Yeah same Windows 10, Nvidia GTX.

This happens several times every single day, is there any to reach them about this as it's been ongoing for so long?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0