• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Blue vs Green: Awakening

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The blue scythe has 5 more AP at all levels than the green one and has 7 human damage while the green one has 5 all-species damage.

Is the extra cost of upgrading the blue scythe worth paying until you get Dandelion, or is it better to go for the cheaper option for 5 ap less and 2 less human damage in PvP and 5 more damage in PvE. Since human damage got nerfed in PvP but species damage was unchanged in PvE, the green scythe should be very slightly worse than the blue one in PvE when fighting human mobs (pirates) and almost equal when fighting other mob types (most of Valencia) and worse in PvP.

Is the difference big enough to make the extra cost worth it, or is the cheaper option better to have until you can get Dandelion?

EDIT: Fixed the stats that were previously wrong.

Edited by Armaggedon97

Posted

Go green and save your fragments! In the long run, its a wasted investment for a tiny temporary damage gain.

Posted (edited)

The blue scythe has 5 more AP at all levels than the green one and has 7 human damage while the green one has 5 all-species damage.

Is the extra cost of upgrading the blue scythe worth paying until you get Dandelion, or is it better to go for the cheaper option for 5 ap less and 2 less human damage in PvP and 5 more damage in PvE. Since human damage got nerfed in PvP but species damage was unchanged in PvE, the green scythe should be very slightly worse than the blue one in PvE when fighting human mobs (pirates) and almost equal when fighting other mob types (most of Valencia) and worse in PvP.

Is the difference big enough to make the extra cost worth it, or is the cheaper option better to have until you can get Dandelion?

EDIT: Fixed the stats that were previously wrong.

in KR there was alot of greens around, mainly used by people who grinded & yes if your wondering Tet/PEN ones.
worth doing the blue if you like to PVP until you get your yellow, But greens a better option if your just going to spam Harpy for 100 kills.
(Forgot to menchion you get your blue from questline, so you will have it as an option anyway)

Edited by prymortal

Posted (edited)

Go green and save your fragments! In the long run, its a wasted investment for a tiny temporary damage gain.

I disagree, I've done 100's of Kzarka's still nothing so don't base your gear on the chance that eventually you will get a Dandelion.

"temporary damage gain" any gain is a gain in this game, it's like recommending people to stay with Yuria.

People spend 100's of millions for a few extra AP.

Go blue endure the grind now, and in the end if you do manage to get Dandelion sell the blue, you will make a lot of money back.

Edited by Tekeii
1 person likes this

Posted

I disagree, I've done 100's of Kzarka's still nothing so don't base your gear on the chance that eventually you will get a Dandelion.

"temporary damage gain" any gain is a gain in this game, it's like recommending people to stay with Yuria.

People spend 100's of millions for a few extra AP.

Go blue endure the grind now, and in the end if you do manage to get Dandelion sell the blue, you will make a lot of money back.

You WILL get a zaka or dandelion after 100 kills so you are wrong. 

Posted

Again, False.

Auras are not guaranteed to drop, after doing 3 Kzarkas and 2 Karandas. I have ONE Kzarka Aura.

Bye.

7 people like this

Posted

Again, False.

Auras are not guaranteed to drop, after doing 3 Kzarkas and 2 Karandas. I have ONE Kzarka Aura.

Bye.

confirmed...only 0-4 drop rate.

Posted

there's still night vendor so yea xD you probably will get yellow sooner or later

Posted

yes. You are wrong. It does not always drop..

Posted

These fcking plebs made something that's supposed to alleviate some of the RNG in the game, an RNG mechanic. Top kek. I can't hate RNG doe, got my Dande box on like second Karanda kill, kappa.

Posted

there's still night vendor so yea xD you probably will get yellow sooner or later

If you got a spare 350mill lying around sure, why not.

Posted

If you got a spare 350mill lying around sure, why not.

well it seems like a good thing to save money for doesnt it ^_^

Posted (edited)

Just go blue, ensured dandelion will take like 8 years, people who die like 5 times are getting the box of course.. Same as for zaka people fapping behind pillar get box. However I feel they tweaked Karanda drop rate

Can't gem the weapons so can't compensate your build

Just stick with blue and don't rely on luck

Edited by Flaw
1 person likes this

Posted

well it seems like a good thing to save money for doesnt it ^_^

I'll save money when im full TET everything else :^)

Could always just p2w for 3 weeks straight. [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

Posted (edited)

Here is the most logical answer for you It depends....(but probably just go green)

Things to consider:

1) You can Tri the  green weapon literally moments after you get it; for a fraction of the cost.

2) It is inferior to the blue ONLY if you compare it level for level. a Tri green awakening weapon > +13 blue you cannot afford to upgrade > +9 boss drop sitting in your inventory for 2 months because you are still working on getting the rest of your gear Tri.

3) Gold > Blue > Green....if all weapons are of equal level. If you can't get them to that level..then you go with the alternative. I used a Duo: Yuria until I had a Duo Liverto...I will use my Tri Liverto until I have a Tri kzarka.

TL:DR - It all depends on your current resources. If you have the ability to get a blue awakening weapon to tri, the 1st few days of owning it, then do it. If not.....go green.

P.S.- Yes it is easier to get ancient relics, but even that takes time. It will take you about 2-3 days of AFK fishing to get enough for a 5x run. Which is fine but the average liverto needs close to 250-300 fragments to get to tri. The average scroll run is giving around 30-40 relics. You are looking at about 1-2 weeks of fishing and scroll runs if you are looking to not pay a dime...Or..you can get your Tri green awakening in 1-2days, then use that to grind the silver (which we actually became amazing at with our awakening) on top of afk fishing. In two weeks you will have enough money to either out right buy everything you need, or have enough built up to start saving for getting your dandelion up if you get it.

You can do it however best works for you though, just giving my $1.50 worth of advice.

Edited by Doramilaje
7 people like this

Posted

Anyone know at what vendor we can buy the green one? I got all my eggs in the Nightvendor basket (oh boy will it backfire on me)

Posted

Anyone know at what vendor we can buy the green one? I got all my eggs in the Nightvendor basket (oh boy will it backfire on me)

altinova arms merchant, check him out he's got the greatsword already and will feature the other green awakening weapons aswell afaik

1 person likes this

Posted

Going with green until I either get a box or can buy the gold off nv. Granted, I've been hoarding a lot of silver. Still zero auras after a bunch of kills, while friends have gotten the box from first kill. Zzz. Not worth it to me to use frags on a blue when I can invest them on boss armor/kzarka or save for dandelion/nouver.

Posted

Yeah going with the green mostly because of cost -- i'll be able to tri the green the first day.

And can confirm that kzarka/karanda auras are an RNG drop as well ...

Posted

if you are going to pvp go blue or bust if you are just gonna pve until you get dandelion go green to save yourself the cost of blue

Posted

I am leaning towards green after reading through this thread. So in terms of stats, a tet green would be equal to a tri blue disregarding the accuracy (if any) and the bonus damage to their own respective species.

While trying to tet the green, if I can get some decently high fs I will attempt to upgrade some accessories... I feel like this can be a win-win.

Posted (edited)

Personally i will use the blue - Because when i get a dandelion i will use the blue one as a backup when pushing the dandelion to TET

Edited by Jylin

Posted

Again, False.

Bye.

I have ZERO Aura's after 3 Karandas 

WHA DA FUNKKKKK

Personally i will use the blue - Because when i get a dandelion i will use the blue one as a backup when pushing the dandelion for TET

This boy is going places!

Posted

I have ZERO Aura's after 3 Karandas

36 Karandas = 15 auras, welcome to RNG Desert Online