• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Somtimes get stuck on PearlAbyss screen after ALT-TAB (memory leak?)

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Sometimes after alt-tabbing my game will just be on the Pearl Abyss logo on the black screen. When it happens I have to force-quit the client and relog into the game. This isn't after leaving for hours or anything - I'll just alt-tab to a browser or something and then less than a minute later I'll alt-tab back to the game and it will be stuck on Pearl Abyss for no reason.

If I let it go, Black Desert will continue to rise in memory use until about 7+GB, at which point it will stop responding, fade white, and close. I can actively play for hours at a time and this ONLY happens during the alt-tab process.

Any ideas why this might be happening? Is there anything I can do to diagnose this?

Posted

same thing started happening to me after a windows update. Now whenever I alt tab or have too many programs open at the same time like, chrome, discord, etc... frequently my disk usages shoots up to 100% and BDO goes to the pearl abyss logo and the game crashes. 

Posted

Mine stops at the "KakaoGames" logo and then just crashes after a few min of loading and i dont even have any other program open when doing it. i tried re installing the game and it made me able to log in but then the second time i was gonna log in the same problem re occured and now i dont know what to do.. i cant re-install the game every time i wanna play._.

Posted

Didn't see this thread but I made one about the same issue last night.. This happens to me, was unsure if it was on my end or the game itself.

Posted

Same issue here  although I have two monitors and moving my cursor over (changing focus) to the monitor not playing bdo causes these very same issues. Seems to have been introduced with the Valencia P2 expansion. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I just got the game, and it has been happening to me constantly.

i7-5820k
GTX1070
64Gigs DDR4 ram

Really should not even hickup. I may ask for a refund.

Recording uploaded, the screen with Pearl Abyss appears at 41 seconds in.

https://youtu.be/L0GmVRteY70

Posted

lets just hope they fix it soon, too bad its attendance event and im missing out on it because of this...

Posted

Sometimes after alt-tabbing my game will just be on the Pearl Abyss logo on the black screen. When it happens I have to force-quit the client and relog into the game. This isn't after leaving for hours or anything - I'll just alt-tab to a browser or something and then less than a minute later I'll alt-tab back to the game and it will be stuck on Pearl Abyss for no reason.

If I let it go, Black Desert will continue to rise in memory use until about 7+GB, at which point it will stop responding, fade white, and close. I can actively play for hours at a time and this ONLY happens during the alt-tab process.

Any ideas why this might be happening? Is there anything I can do to diagnose this?

Hey OP, I can test it out. In the meantime my suggestion to you is to play on full screen windowed mode. Instead of ALT+TAB try CTRL+ ESC. 99.5% percent of the time you are able to switch from game to browser and back. That .5% you will have to force quit. 

Posted

turned off high end mode and it fixed the crashes

Posted (edited)

Alot of games in Full Screen mode have issues with Alt+Tab very few don't. GM Caramel's suggestion is the right way to play if you plan to Alt+Tab.
Nvidia users worried about G-sync you can also set it up for windowed mode, very few non gaming apps have issues with it & you will be able to tell right away because the mouse will move slow in the open application, so you need to turn it off to use said application if you have the issue.

Side Note: Altho windows 10 might be part of your issue with freezing (build 1607) a update today ((KB3189866))is supposed to fix it.......(bet it doesnt: go to advanced power settings>PCI-E>link state>turn it off instant fix for 1 of the freezing issues & turn it to Off.)
Also Supposedly Windows 10 if you make a virtual desktop & people in the past said vitural desktop is a fix for the issue.... ~ I havn't tried since been told since i do the smart thing for mmo's: full screen windowed mode, so i cannot confirm this to work, but if you want to try: Beside the windows icon bottom left, theres "task view" click it & then bottom right, new desktop. to switch its windows key +tab. obviously do this before running BDO.

A Memory leak type issue -the slow mo & stuttering one. Seems to be common when BDO isnt on the same Hard drive as the O/S & turning on & setting Paging file seems to fix it everytime.....(5 PC's out of 5 PC's fixed via it) FYI paging file myths are out there but they are just myths.
As for high ram usage, thats just BDO being BDO

Edited by prymortal

Posted

I too am having this same problem. After alt-tabbing and going back in to BDO, I am met with the "Pearl Abyss" screen. I can still hear the sound in game, but can't see anything besides the "pearl abyss screen"

Posted

I too am having this same problem. After alt-tabbing and going back in to BDO, I am met with the "Pearl Abyss" screen. I can still hear the sound in game, but can't see anything besides the "pearl abyss screen"

Make sure to try what I listed above as a solution: "play on full screen windowed mode. Instead of ALT+TAB try CTRL+ ESC. 99.5% percent of the time you are able to switch from game to browser and back."

Posted

I seem to be getting this issue as well, ever since this morning's patch. I run BDO in full screen windowed mode, but whenever the game is inactive (ex. me clicking on browser window) it sends me to the pearl abyss screen after a few seconds.

Coincidentally, I also did a windows update last night, However, I have checked the power setting mentioned above, and it is set to off, but the issue remains. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Same issue, i must be something in the update. I also updated windows last night during the downtime, i play in full screen windowed mode. If i alt tab to bring browser window up over the game and leave it there a while i come back to the pearlabyss screen.

Edited by Flet

Posted

The damn game keeps going to (PEARL ABYSS) BLACK SCREEN after alt tab (Randomly) since the recent patches its annoying and breaking the game if this isn't fixed I am going to have to stop playing this game again... And look for a better game perhaps camelot unchained or something like fix it already.

Do proper testing before releasing a patch.

2 people like this

Posted

New Windows 10 update and this happens to me now.
I think there's something broken in Windows. The bottom bar is acting all kinds of screwy.

Posted

So an update, ive noticed if you wait on the pearlabyss screen long enough the game does come back, but it will immediately go back to the pearlabyss screen if you alt tab to anything even for a second once this starts happening, and you have to wait at the screen for it to come back. Over the course of time i was experimenting with this the game increases its memory usage by a full gig from 3 to 4 gigs, and when i finally tried to shut down the game from within it wouldnt shut down, had to kill the process manually.

Posted

same thing started happening to me after a windows update. Now whenever I alt tab or have too many programs open at the same time like, chrome, discord, etc... frequently my disk usages shoots up to 100% and BDO goes to the pearl abyss logo and the game crashes. 

Can you tell me which windows upgrade by any chance I am running windows 10 and alt tabbing or going afk for long hours for some reason i've been getting Pearl Abyss Logo have to relog and quit the game because of it I am not sure what the cause. The game doesn't appear to memory leak aka fill up my full ram it just crashes me to the pearl abyss screen till I have to relog but its been happening a few days since beseker patch really.

2 people like this

Posted

Same issue here  although I have two monitors and moving my cursor over (changing focus) to the monitor not playing bdo causes these very same issues. Seems to have been introduced with the Valencia P2 expansion. 

I have this too with a dual monitor setup. I go to my other screen and it will crash, or it will look like it crashes, show me the login screen with the logo and then pick up where it left off (which is arguably better than crashing to desktop altogether, but still makes the game pretty much unplayable unless you don't multitask). The problem didn't start after a Windows update for me either, but after a game patch. It used to work flawlessly before.

1 person likes this

Posted

Same thing is happening to me too the past 3 days. My windows 10 also had an update but I think the black screen "Pearl Abyss" when used alt + tab had appeared before the windows update. I play always in full screen windowed mode since CBT2 but I use ALT +TAB,. Any other suggestion instead of using CTRL +ESC? Just from habbit I always hit alt+tab.

p.s. sometimes if I wait a bit it comes back to normal mode, also if I choose "waiting for reply" instead of forcing it to close it may come back but usually I have to force it to exit.

Posted

Still getting the Pearl Abyss screen all the time .. doesnt matter  if i use ALT TAB or CTRL + ESC
It's pretty annoying!
Any Fix yet?

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been having this issue since I started playing a little over a week ago. Ctrl + Esc doesn't stop the issue from occurring. 

Posted

Any suggestion yet?  any GM?

Posted

Same here - constantly have this happening - Ctrl-ESC and full windowed does absolutely nothing to fix the problem.

Well - I fixed my issue by playing in windowed mode and minimize the game when I want to play something else at the same time. I can still hear the sound if I chose or have it be silent by being sent to the tray - I haven't had any issues since I did that.

Posted

Same thing happening here. It will also happen MID GAME, not even alt-tabbing. It will come back after < 1 minute of waiting usually. Extremely annoying.

Also after playing the game for a while, FPS will drop to 2?!?! Then I have to completely reboot my machine for it to come back. Restarting BDO doesnt do anything to help.