• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Don't release a giant area with no incentive to go there

16 posts in this topic

Posted

As the title suggests, don't release a giant area with no incentive to go there. Why would anyone wanna spend time in valencia when mobs have garbage exp and loot. The city is dead and really only geared people farm the accessories there. Meanwhile sausans is a cluster f**** taken over mostly by higher level geared people or griefers ( some who can't be wardec'ed bc carebear game) pushing the little ones out because its still decent exp and better money than valencia. 

Posted

Agreed, you are correct. 

Valencia mobs should be like Mediah mobs were to us coming from Calph. 

There should be several zones that have mobs that give slightly better exp/money than Saus, to get people the hell outta Saus already. 

Posted

VALENCIA IS FOR STRONK PPL

1 person likes this

Posted

Whilst I understand some annoyances over the incentives, you did use an odd description on griefers. No, calling a war declaration because your circuit was upset by somebody is not reasonable behaviour. You are just being a bully by having it as your go-to method for dealing with the situation. I have been attacked without warning multiple times in recent months because I was unaware that somebody was in the same spot. If they had messaged me about it instead of immediately being an a-hole, then I would have seriously considered moving because I am reasonable. Instead, being a tosser was seen as the most logical thing to do. Between war declarations to deal with grinding spot competition and ganking somebody without warning, it suggests that there is a certain subsection that are bastards. The karma system is partially in play to cut down on this douchebaggery and give a chance for lower level toons to actually have a chance of leveling, because we know from the early time after launch that high level toons liked to kill lower levels in order to lessen their ability to get gear and to lower their experience. It also goes to the notion of honour, something that a few players don't understand the concept of because they are too egotistical to think of anything beyond their noses. 

Posted

I finally made my way to Valencia city and wow - that whole area is awful.  Full of tons of empty land and very limited mob selection.  The city itself is huge but the size seems pointless (unlike calpheon)  The fact that you can dig in one spot over and over makes moving around the desert area pretty pointless as well.  Alll that desert, but I can just stand in the same spot.  I don't know how to make it better, I just know I don't like it as is - too much empty land, not much to see.  

Posted

I got to Valencia too (to gather silk) and yes it's empty, VERY empty. I spend some time there and seen only one player afk fishing...

It doesn't add much from what you already had with mediah. But the worst thing is I'll probably never go back there unless I really need too as Valencia is very hard to reach and not much rewarding.

Posted

This is simple, many MMOs have had the same problem of a dead area, some managed to figure it out and change it. Just add reward and people will come. Valencia is a big, hard area with little reward, it was meant to be the answer to the Sausan problem, it still cold be but Valencia needs fixing. Add mobs, add drops and add them near to Valencia city, with accompanying quests so that it becomes worth while basing yourself there.

Posted

And hey here's a thought. Why don't you flesh out some life quests in that area and higher level materials that can ONLY be gathered/cooked/processed/alchemized/caught by high level life skills.

Posted (edited)

I've relocated to valencia permanently. I just enjoy the desert far more than the Calpheon and mediah area. It's awesome especially at night. If I need to run in to do Bheg's scrolls or relic shards I just sprint over on my elephant and bang em all out. I only need to do it once a week and I enjoy the scenery since it's rare for me now. If I can do it over the course of night time and watch the moon rise, even better.

I also enjoy playing solo and grinding solo, so I guess I'm a rare case but I definitely enjoy it for how empty it can be. Especially the primo grind spots.. and my gear isn't even that good. (170/220)

Def wouldn't mind seeing more people in Valencia though. I occasionally bump into 2 or 3 people but that's rare. I assume people will migrate over eventually. 

Edited by boogersugar

Posted

There is no real incentive to go all the way down there. I do because our Sub missions are here, but that's about it. I can say that I make a decent amount of money out of the bandits area, but that place is so far that I barely see the point of going there and waste at least 10 minutes of travel on my quick T7.

At this point, Valencia is just becoming my AFK money maker, that's about it. I wish this game had a quick travel mechanic. I know that originally, traveling like a plebe was great when it was just Balenos, Serendia and Calpheon, but now is just a drag to go from one point of the continent to the other!

Posted

There is no real incentive to go all the way down there. I do because our Sub missions are here, but that's about it. I can say that I make a decent amount of money out of the bandits area, but that place is so far that I barely see the point of going there and waste at least 10 minutes of travel on my quick T7.

At this point, Valencia is just becoming my AFK money maker, that's about it. I wish this game had a quick travel mechanic. I know that originally, traveling like a plebe was great when it was just Balenos, Serendia and Calpheon, but now is just a drag to go from one point of the continent to the other!

yeah. Being able to use that Kibelius staff to teleport to the temple on the west side via the ancient castle ruins from the valencia quest would be sweet. Maybe that's the plan eventually considering it stays in your inventory?

Posted

yeah. Being able to use that Kibelius staff to teleport to the temple on the west side via the ancient castle ruins from the valencia quest would be sweet. Maybe that's the plan eventually considering it stays in your inventory?

I haven't got that yet, but that sounds really great. Maybe portals could be added to all regions in the game later on, that would be awesome.

Posted

The reason why valencia is the way it is, is because it's ment for awakening weapons. Your supposed to get to level 56 at sausans or get to 55 and go to pirates for 1 level and once you get high enough to use your awakenings then you move out to valencia because once you get that you will grind harder and faster. I'm also pretty sure awakenings came out first before valencia, and valencia was the answer to how strong the players had become. "Players doing alot more damage?" "Let's add a area that hits harder and lasts longer". The reason why most people don't go to valencia is because they don't have the power to take it on because you are lacking alot if you don't have your awakenings.

They just added a "dungeon" to valencia well atleast 2 dungeons to valencia were you have to find a random portal to be able to enter them, one of these dungeons is completely insane unless your like 60+ and the other is recommended for 58+ with awakenings. This dungeon is one of the best grind spots in korea for lvl 58s and korean players grind in this place all the time. We just aren't up to date with korea just yet to be able to use this area not until part 3 is out.

In part 3 they are adding "black water" aka Oil to the desert were guilds have to go out and and place down extractors to extract the oil but "be careful because other guilds can come by and destroy it" so it would seem when they add the oil it's gonna be an all out GvG battle in the desert to obtain oil and I'm pretty sure oil is used for guild galleons. Not to mention the vila system they have already although I'm not sure exactly what it does but from when you mouse over it it seems to give some nice benefits. All in all valencia is ment for awakenings but for some reason was added way to early to our version it would seem although it's not a surprise since witch/wizard was the last class to be released on korea but we got it first and they had blader on release and shortly after ninja. 

Our version is comprised of things that were supposed to be added at a later date and things that were supposed to be in the game at that time but not everything that was supposed to be added at a later date came at the same time. So just give it time get your awakenings and then try valencia and if your still having a hard time then you obviously need better gear I recomend atleast 175 AP and 220 DP and that's if your good with your class and don't mind taking a few pots every now and again.

TL;DR Valencia is ment for Awakenings or really geared players and we don't even have all of valencia out yet to even say "We need better stuff for velencia" because that better stuff hasn't even come out yet, We are still missing part 3.

Posted

What also is dumb about valencia is that the area in between arcado inner harbour and the sulfur mines is HUGE.. but it has nothing in it ... not even a horse or a camel or some mobs.... why make such an big empty area ??

Posted

I can't imagine relocating to Valencia City. That may depends on gameplay style, but I'd be bored to death. You have of course some dailies for cp that give a bit more cp than Calpheon City ones, but they're useless when you hit 300. Literally staying in Valencia City is useless for most gameplay styles: grinding - too far from grind spots, life skills - far from useful materials, quests etc. production - you cannot transport goods and alts from or into Valencia City, gearing up - not just far from all important bosses, but also most important mem frags source, training horses - horses in the desert? Well I could go on with the list, but Valencia has nothing to offer. You just finish your quest chains and forget it exists. It's a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't wanna live there.

Posted

The main problem are:

Mobs garbage drop have a value of 1000-1800, It is just not enough. 

Mobs wep/arm/ drop rate is really to low. 

The exp is not that low, but if i need a really good gear to really farm there, i expect a little more exp.

There is a lot of empty space. I mean, there is a huge map without resources, mobs area, secret caves, etc. 

The only cool places aren't accessible cause the mobs there are like superman vs spongebob.

Maybe, adding a few mob areas, increase just a little the drop/exp and the junk values will let all the players enjoy the new expansion. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0