• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can't decide main class, for PVE

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi.

I would highly appreciate some input here.

I am struggling quite a bit with deciding on a main class.

I basicly only do PVE, I defend myself if i get attacked in pvp, but it doesn't happen that often to me.

So what I'm looking for is the class that will be most effective overall in PVE.

I can say I have a 55 wizard, 53 berserker, 51 musa, 50 sorceress, 50 tamer.. Warrior is on his way up atm..

My accessories isn't stellar atm, a few pri items, nothing grand.. 

I'm sort of waiting for boss armors to pop at bosses or nightvendor, but no luck so far.

So I need something to work for, grinding up to 56 in any class is no problem, and I have enough shards to easily reach TRI on any class.

Wizard is pretty nice in PVE, no need for pots, nice aoes, but it feels really slow at moving around, and everything i do except MMA requires me to stand still, getting quite fed up with being knocked down..

Musa is my favourite so far I think, the gear there isn't any good yet, so I don't know it's potential. AP at 129 I think.

I love the mobility, and the aoe is fast and efficient. However killing stuff like ogre etc, high HP targets is annoying.

This is probably due to low AP.

TL;DR version.

Please recommend me your best PVE class, preferably one who can grind without pots and still be effective.

Both in tearing down strong high hp targets and groups.

Also add on what level of AP you feel would be required to be effective.

Edit: Doh.. awakenings should be considered, which will be the most effective PVE class?

Thanks for your time!

Peace!

Edited by Samsun

Posted (edited)

Your best bet is going to be a Ranger.

The class is easily the best PvE farming class, and I notice you do not have one made. They have a good amount of sideways dashing shots such as the Q-cancel and Will of the Wind. This can lead to a semi engaging farming class.

The only criteria you specified that the class does not fit is potion consumption. Rangers go through mana pots like no other. This can be mitigated by using an extraction gem in your weapon. 

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the class!

Edited by Elevaded

Posted

Hi Elevaded.

Thanks for your input :)

I am aware that Ranger is quite good at pve, but the flickering you guys have will probably drive me nuts.

After i get warrior to 50, ill definetely try ranger up to 50 though, and just see how much the flickering bothers me.

I know that after a bit over 1 hour constant grind its quite unpleasant on my wizard.

Annoying that i react to it.. but there it is.

Ranger is supposed to have a good awakening too, in terms of strenght atleast.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted

Thank you @anne_rose for your reply, that has swayed me somewhat more to ranger. :)

Also I didnt think the accessories were that effective, will look into it.

I must say I enjoy leveling ranger so far though, but i haven't learned anything.. at level 35 the only move i used so far, except for the black spirit combo quests is the basic attack.

From horseback.

Having over 110 AP really helps with clearspeed, and its been pets holding me back so far.. 3 of them just cant keep up. until i reached orcs, everything died in one shot.

I'm guessing when i hit harder mobs now, I will learn to play ranger haha.. 

Thing is though, I'm mostly biased towards Musa, and just got a kzarka blade from nightvendor for 98m.

This will be a tough one..

I will hit 50, check basic pve rotations on ranger and add some resource recovering gems in my liverto.. And go from there I guess.

If anyone have a nice combo i can steal for doing PVE with Ranger i'll be happy:) Else im sure i can find one by trial ingame, or google one.

Thanks for your input so far.

Posted

With awakening, Sorceress is a mob destroying machine. The lawnmower of doom

Posted

As a newbie I'd also like some guidance on a PvE Class. Ranger looks fun, but confusing as hell and honestly Sorceress looks worth it if I get that kick ass scythe.

Posted

Hey there Samsun!

In terms of PURE PVE(!), Ranger is definitely the thing you want if youre looking for success, fast clearing and easy combos. The class is very newb-friendly and there are lots of Ranger guides out there, just look for them on youtube!

However, the two Classes that just got their awakening are also worth taking a look if you want some PvP capabilites:

Warriors combine their grab and scars of dusk of non awakening with the awakening knockdowns and AoE. PRO:High damage without high AP

CON:Weaponswitching takes time to get used to and is definitely required for awakened warriors

Sorcs just rely on their scythe form, easy to learn, but really hard to master since u need GREAT timing to perform well in PvP

Also, if anyone here is new and needs some warrior advice, just pm me on forums! :D

@Samsun 

@Paislee

Posted

the best farming classes are Ranger, Awakened zerk, awakened sorc. 

just depends which you like more

Posted

Ranger is great. You can go wrong here. But there its not the only class with crazy farm speed.

Most ppl dint know how effective Tamer is. The ability to do double pulls is awesome. Its harder to play for sure but very rewarding and its a good feeling not to be just another Ranger (to much Ranger in this game).

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for your replies people :)

I got my ranger to 139AP and level 51 now..

But I don't think it will be ranger for me. The playstyle is a bit awkward and clumsy.

All the skill cancelling etc.

All would be better with some practice, but combined with the extra durability drain and the pot-dependancies I'm not sure.

Haven't added extraction gems to my weapon though, can try that first I guess.

I have absolutely no doubt that ranger is very effective when you reach 200ap+ though.

Anyone have any experience with musa, awakened or not?

To test warrior or sorceres i would need to hit 56 to try effectively, might do it.. but not sure.

Posted

It's very simple. Warrior sorc or ranger.

Posted

No musa input for the thread starter? I'm assuming musa's arent good at all? Since he's mentioned he likes Musa.

Posted

Musa is easy in pve atm. "Rising Storm" for ae, "Divider" for heal and Dash for movement.

His awakening is label as OP in KR.

Posted

Hi.

I would highly appreciate some input here.

I am struggling quite a bit with deciding on a main class.

I basicly only do PVE, I defend myself if i get attacked in pvp, but it doesn't happen that often to me.

So what I'm looking for is the class that will be most effective overall in PVE.

I can say I have a 55 wizard, 53 berserker, 51 musa, 50 sorceress, 50 tamer.. Warrior is on his way up atm..

My accessories isn't stellar atm, a few pri items, nothing grand.. 

I'm sort of waiting for boss armors to pop at bosses or nightvendor, but no luck so far.

So I need something to work for, grinding up to 56 in any class is no problem, and I have enough shards to easily reach TRI on any class.

Wizard is pretty nice in PVE, no need for pots, nice aoes, but it feels really slow at moving around, and everything i do except MMA requires me to stand still, getting quite fed up with being knocked down..

Musa is my favourite so far I think, the gear there isn't any good yet, so I don't know it's potential. AP at 129 I think.

I love the mobility, and the aoe is fast and efficient. However killing stuff like ogre etc, high HP targets is annoying.

This is probably due to low AP.

TL;DR version.

Please recommend me your best PVE class, preferably one who can grind without pots and still be effective.

Both in tearing down strong high hp targets and groups.

Also add on what level of AP you feel would be required to be effective.

Edit: Doh.. awakenings should be considered, which will be the most effective PVE class?

Thanks for your time!

Peace!

Hi, I play only tamer due to my short time to dedicate to games, imo it's fun and there is a pet which always keeps you company, defends you, carry you as a mount and lures double your amount of baddies so that potions aren't really necessary if you fight monsters of your level or slight above your level especially if you set the Skill Add-On Effect to give you HP and MP when attacking, tamer skills are also a lot of fun, they're very fast and many have knock-back effects like the waves (Jolt&Bolt).

I hope this info is handy and that will help with your decision :)

Posted

Valkyrie is fun and entertaining. PVE and PVP wise. I love it alot!

Posted

I guess playing the class you LIKE is too much mainstream.

1 person likes this

Posted

Stay with the Musa. Its awakening has spin to win skills that are very effective in clearing mobs, plus is the fastest class, so going from group to group is even faster. 

Killing Ogres is slow just because your ap are low, don't worry, you need at least 180 ap to kill those in less than 5 sec.

Posted

Stay with the Musa. Its awakening has spin to win skills that are very effective in clearing mobs, plus is the fastest class, so going from group to group is even faster. 

Killing Ogres is slow just because your ap are low, don't worry, you need at least 180 ap to kill those in less than 5 sec.

Musa is indeed a very solid choice post-awakening so if you like that best then go for it. It's got solid damage, tons of AoE, a couple ranged attacks (slow-moving though) and ridiculous mobility, but to be clear it still can't compete with War/Sorc/Ranger clear speeds, and against bosses it's somewhat lacking as it doesn't have the huge burst combos that the "Big 3" do (fun-fact though: Maehwa is the fastest boss-killer as it's got the best single-target damage, both burst and sustained... it's just not the best farmer due to a lack of large circular AoEs like almost every other awakening gets).

Posted

Thanks for your feedback guys :D 

My Musa is 56 now, so it's at least ready for awakening, in forever :o

I'm still kind of clueless to which Main I will choose.

I have no real preference in class or playstyle, my opinions as mentioned earlier revolve around efficiency and low hassle-factor.

Ranger has a hasslefactor on the mp-strain, I haven't gotten myself any extraction gems yet, so I haven't been able to test it with that.

Both Ranger and Musa have a PRI liverto weapon

It is tempting to take berserker from 54-56 to test awakening,but he's only got a +10 liverto axe and getting it up the last levels would be expensive.

Sorc is also without a good weapon.

The warrior has a problematic grind from 50-56 I guess, though might be worth doing them all to 56 just to try it, not like it takes a lot of time to get to 56 anymore.

The daily 100/200% makes it quite effective.

@Akesuke My tamer will stay 50 I think, It seems to be a fairly gear dependant class as it is so squishy.. I might consider it later on as to me, it seems all the work starts at 56, before that it's just hours or days of work to get it ready.. Except for gear of course.

Posted

Thanks @Samsun for sharing your personal findings !

I'm still playing tamer only, though I'm going to play my witch soon more often so maybe if you have time to also try that class or wizard it'd be interesting to know your opinion (especially about hassle-factor) and I wish you to find your fun ideal class ^_^

Posted

Just go sorc and don't look back.

Can move fast between mobs, circular aoe of doom while moving, 100% critical buff, LMB + RMB hits basically the whole screen 180 degrees area, impossible to die with shift < or > + space and awakening leeching hp all the time, 0 mana pots required (shift e fills all MP in 1 sec), black hole OP, etc.

You can also be lazy and just S + LMB (awakening) to kill everything while facetanking if you feel like watching movies at the same time. Unless @ Cadry lol.

Oh yeah, i frames.

And can PvP.

People will say "omg you need 180+ 220+ ap/dp for valencia" but lies, if you can properly PVE with sorc (doesn't take much "skill" honestly), you can grind val for great exp and without competition since everyone is still doing sausages and pirates probably with 140/180 gear and full buffs from foods. Then again, full duo is uber easy to get...

War might be equivalent, but magic > physique