• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Graphics Card Recommendation?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey there, i have decided to upgrade my graphics cards and was wondering if the EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC 3GB would be fine to play BDO at high settings ? 

Posted

Hey there, i have decided to upgrade my graphics cards and was wondering if the EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC 3GB would be fine to play BDO at high settings ? 

if u wanna play on high settings and with all effects during node wars I believe even 1080 can't manage that but exept node wars 1060 should be okey to play on max settings

Posted

if u wanna play on high settings and with all effects during node wars I believe even 1080 can't manage that but exept node wars 1060 should be okey to play on max settings

Because the CPU is the bottleneck in most machines...when will people realize this.

Posted

GTX1060 is a very good budget-ish card if that's your price range. Go buy it. = P

Posted

Why you take GTX 1060 with 3GB VRAM ? It's not better to take with 6GB VRAM ?

Posted

I used to play high on a gtx960 and  all maxed out on a gtx970, so the 1060 should be fine. (it should be a little better than the 970), but may I ask you what CPU do you have ? 

Posted

Why you take GTX 1060 with 3GB VRAM ? It's not better to take with 6GB VRAM ?

Its cheaper.

Posted

Thanks everyone and my cpu is  AMD FX-6300

Posted

Thanks everyone and my cpu is  AMD FX-6300

This game is WAAAAAY more CPU bound than GPU (graphic card).  You are literally wasting your money if you only have a fx-6300 and buying a new graphic card.

Posted (edited)

This game is WAAAAAY more CPU bound than GPU (graphic card).  You are literally wasting your money if you only have a fx-6300 and buying a new graphic card.

This

All MMORPG are heavily CPU demanding because:

CPU calculates position of other players and collision detection. This is why the FPS goes noticeably down on mass PVP encounters (this applies for any MMO). Stronger GPU would not improve this.

But if you are in area with no other players and you get shit FPS then upgrading GPU will help

Edited by mate

Posted (edited)

Is 4,8ghz @ 4790k better then 4isj GHz @ 6-8core Intel?

Because iim down in 40-50isj fps when fighting zaka / karanda With 4790k 

Edited by The_Quiet

Posted (edited)

Its cheaper.

But wouldnt it be more interesting to be more futur proof with 6gb vram instead of "only" 3 ?

with the incoming of the playstation pro & xbox scorpion, i suppose the multiplatform games are going to be even more demanding on pc.. They already are pretty poorly optimized like that : /

Is 4,8ghz @ 4790k better then 4isj GHz @ 6-8core Intel?

Because iim down in 40-50isj fps when fighting zaka / karanda With 4790k 

most of the games dont really use correctly several core, they are more relying on clock speed. that's why the i7 4790k is still a very good CPU for gaming in general. Even tho, better take the 6700k now ^^

The 6-8core & so dont provide a that insane boost for gaming

You just need to search from somes gaming bench mark to see that

Edited by woots

Posted

so buying a new graphics card will be pointless ? lol

Posted

so buying a new graphics card will be pointless ? lol

but a new card, but your bottleneck is your CPU because that CPU is shit, invest in a 4790k or 6700k

Posted

but a new card, but your bottleneck is your CPU because that CPU is shit, invest in a 4790k or 6700k

hmm ill look around

Posted (edited)

it won't be pointless. most of people on the internet keep copying and pasting exactly same formula over and over again because they heard or read something. most of them don't have actual proof or experience. let me tell you a short story of my sad life:

long time ago, i have bought my first PC (i had pc earlier, it was family device, not strictly personal). It was amd phenom II x4 955. it is quad core 3.2ghz 3 years old cpu (at the time i bought it). on top of that i had radeon hd5670, 1gb ddr3 card. whenever i was playing something back then, everything worked on quite high settings. from newer titles, i could play Crysis3 on very high settings (which are like second from bottom, funny setting naming in that game (high>very high>ultra etc). i could easily get 30fps and sometimes even 60. fps were dropping in heavy explosion scenes ofc.

not so long time ago, i received invite to closed beta bdo. i launched game on that pc and got around 40ish fps on optimized settings, which ofc was dropping down to 10 in calpheon. week after launch of game i have bought two things: SSD and new shiny GPU (still a budget one) radeon r9 380. I moved game to ssd which decreased first loading screen to couple seconds and increased loading textures by a lot. There there was this new graphics card. ultra settings (all maxed out except high end mode, ssao on). 45-60 fps in most scenarios, exluding cities and areas with a lot of people, frames were ofc dropping down to 20ish or 30ish. talk about stupid bottlenecks or that nvidia is better. 

ofc, few months ago i bought shiny new overkill pc, with latest i7, way too much ram etc. result? my frames are not dropping below 60 unless i am doing kzarka or karanda, and they are most stable at those scenarios. so what i have learned? GPU, does in fact boost your framerate (bdo for instance) even if cpu is bottleneck. my old cpu was at 80-95% usage while playing bdo, on i7 it is barely 15%, but framerate wise, not much changed.

even tho i started to like intel after buying this pc, i can still recommend not buying it and instead getting good graphics card. the bottleneck part or not using full potential of the card will give you let's say 60 over 70 fps. which in fact is a lot, but you won't see any difference anyway.

so no, buying gpu is not poinltess. it actually does way better job than cpu. don't look at benchamrks, look at game fps test. just be sure to get at least 2GB vram or more. i have 4 and it's enough for most of the games.

Edited by Muphet

Posted (edited)

just for info, the 3gb 1060 uses a slower chip then the 1060 with 6gb it's more like a marketing renamed 1050(ti) xD

Edited by cann0nf0dder

Posted

But he may also have to change motherboard and RAM if he does that

Posted

it won't be pointless. most of people on the internet keep copying and pasting exactly same formula over and over again because they heard or read something. most of them don't have actual proof or experience. let me tell you a short story of my sad life:

long time ago, i have bought my first PC (i had pc earlier, it was family device, not strictly personal). It was amd phenom II x4 955. it is quad core 3.2ghz 3 years old cpu (at the time i bought it). on top of that i had radeon hd5670, 1gb ddr3 card. whenever i was playing something back then, everything worked on quite high settings. from newer titles, i could play Crysis3 on very high settings (which are like second from bottom, funny setting naming in that game (high>very high>ultra etc). i could easily get 30fps and sometimes even 60. fps were dropping in heavy explosion scenes ofc.

not so long time ago, i received invite to closed beta bdo. i launched game on that pc and got around 40ish fps on optimized settings, which ofc was dropping down to 10 in calpheon. week after launch of game i have bought two things: SSD and new shiny GPU (still a budget one) radeon r9 380. I moved game to ssd which decreased first loading screen to couple seconds and increased loading textures by a lot. There there was this new graphics card. ultra settings (all maxed out except high end mode, ssao on). 45-60 fps in most scenarios, exluding cities and areas with a lot of people, frames were ofc dropping down to 20ish or 30ish. talk about stupid bottlenecks or that nvidia is better. 

ofc, few months ago i bought shiny new overkill pc, with latest i7, way too much ram etc. result? my frames are not dropping below 60 unless i am doing kzarka or karanda, and they are most stable at those scenarios. so what i have learned? GPU, does in fact boost your framerate (bdo for instance) even if cpu is bottleneck. my old cpu was at 80-95% usage while playing bdo, on i7 it is barely 15%, but framerate wise, not much changed.

even tho i started to like intel after buying this pc, i can still recommend not buying it and instead getting good graphics card. the bottleneck part or not using full potential of the card will give you let's say 60 over 70 fps. which in fact is a lot, but you won't see any difference anyway.

so no, buying gpu is not poinltess. it actually does way better job than cpu. don't look at benchamrks, look at game fps test. just be sure to get at least 2GB vram or more. i have 4 and it's enough for most of the games.

Wow, thanks a lot! i was starting to doubt whether i should get a new gpu or not. At the moment im getting around 35 FPS outside of town with this 750ti, how much do you think i could get with the 1060?

Posted

But he may also have to change motherboard and RAM if he does that

Well anything is better than an AM3+ socketed cpu, I've gone through all of them, 6300, 8350, 9590, 4300, they are really bad for efficiency, especially for such a cpu bound game as bdo, you can get a decent gaming motherboard from msi for both 4790k/6700k sockets, £115-£150, motherboard is the least of your worries, the actual cpu is the one you need to worry about

Posted

Well anything is better than an AM3+ socketed cpu, I've gone through all of them, 6300, 8350, 9590, 4300, they are really bad for efficiency, especially for such a cpu bound game as bdo, you can get a decent gaming motherboard from msi for both 4790k/6700k sockets, £115-£150, motherboard is the least of your worries, the actual cpu is the one you need to worry about

depends on the country. in mine, amd fx bulldozer series cost from 50Eur to 120Eur. for cheap i5 gen4 (not to mention newer) you have to pay min for 300Eur. still, you haven't gone through those amd looks like. yet another big lie from you.

go read my essay few posts earlier lol

Posted (edited)

i play with an intel i5-6600k at 4,5 ghz and a sapphire nitro r9 380 4gb gddr5. 

this card is enough to play bdo on all settings ultra (1920x1080), except high end mode at 50-60 fps outside, 40-50 fps at heidel and 35-45 fps at world bosses and node wars.

and this card cost only 200€ :) 

Edited by Avadakedavra
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have an nvidia gtx 1070 and a hex core intel cpu. Yeah it's pretty much overkill.

Unless using the experimental high end mode which makes the graphics card usage spike to nearly 100%, the graphics card is generally not the bottleneck.

I used to run this game maxed out at 1080p over 30FPS stable on a Radeon HD7950 and a Core 2 quad cpu @ 3.3Ghz. And even then the GPU usage wasn't always maxed, the CPU however was.

On normal gameplay I notice some frame drops on crowded areas when one of my CPU cores spikes to 90%~ while the others remain barely used (dx11 game so this is expected).

So I'd say an Intel i7 quadcore @ around 4Ghz should be fine to not cause much of a bottleneck on the CPU side. 

I would avoid AMD cpus unless you're doing a budget build. AMD Zen CPUs may change this trend but we'll see.

As for the graphics card so long as you're aiming for 1080p you should be fine with the gtx1060 in BDO. Though personally I think you should go for a Radeon rx480 instead especially if you're also thinking about playing future dx12 titles.

The gtx 1070 is generally only being used at 50%. So either the gtx1060 or the rx480 will likely handle BDO well.

I would highly recommend taking the rx480 over the nvidia 1060 though.

Edited by Mish

Posted

I have an nvidia gtx 1070 and a hex core intel cpu. Yeah it's pretty much overkill.

Unless using the experimental high end mode which makes the graphics card usage spike to nearly 100%, the graphics card is generally not the bottleneck.

I used to run this game maxed out at 1080p over 30FPS stable on a Radeon HD7950 and a Core 2 quad cpu @ 3.3Ghz. And even then the GPU usage wasn't always maxed, the CPU however was.

On normal gameplay I notice some frame drops on crowded areas when one of my CPU cores spikes to 90%~ while the others remain barely used (dx11 game so this is expected).

So I'd say an Intel i7 quadcore @ around 4Ghz should be fine to not cause much of a bottleneck on the CPU side. 

I would avoid AMD cpus unless you're doing a budget build. AMD Zen CPUs may change this trend but we'll see.

As for the graphics card so long as you're aiming for 1080p you should be fine with the gtx1060 in BDO. Though personally I think you should go for a Radeon rx480 instead especially if you're also thinking about playing future dx12 titles.

The gtx 1070 is generally only being used at 50%. So either the gtx1060 or the rx480 will likely handle BDO well.

I would highly recommend taking the rx480 over the nvidia 1060 though.

Thanks!