• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ancient Relic Crystal Shard - scroll or sell them?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

I have read a topic about it which said is better to make them but is an old topic.

So my question is is still worth to make it? or should sell them? 

ps: I am on Alustin server

Posted

Yes, it's extremely worth to keep them. When you combine 5 of them, you receive a summon scroll that can drop Memory Fragments, which are used to repair extremely rare/expensive equipment. Keep them!

PS: Sou a LunaFreya :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Make them into scrolls, way better than selling.

Posted

I always sell mine since I don't enchant equipment myself but buy it from the AH.

Posted

the scroll you get requires lvl 50 to use though, and expires after a week.

If you fish a lot and don't rush into 50's levels, it can be a pain in the beak to store them until then. In this case, selling is a good option.

Posted

It depends.

Are you level 50+?  Do you have a Liverto/Kzarka or boss armor that you are working on enchanting?  If yes to both, make scroll and run them.

If you are instead working on accumulating as much silver as possible, it *may*  be less of a hassle to sell them instead.  Though you would have to experiment a bit with selling the memory fragments and blackstones instead and see if you come out ahead.

Posted

Where get can the quest for it? I am lvl 50 at the moment.

It depends.

Are you level 50+?  Do you have a Liverto/Kzarka or boss armor that you are working on enchanting?  If yes to both, make scroll and run them.

If you are instead working on accumulating as much silver as possible, it *may*  be less of a hassle to sell them instead.  Though you would have to experiment a bit with selling the memory fragments and blackstones instead and see if you come out ahead.

I have liverto weapon +10.

Posted

Uncheck the box in your inventory to auto sort and then arrange them in a + pattern. a little plus sign will appear and put it together. 

Once you have the scroll, clicking on it will point you to the location (it's near Hexe Sanctuary).

People say the most efficient way of doing them is having a party of 5 with at least 5 scrolls each.

Posted

I sell mine simply because I don't like going to the Calpheon region. I only to Velencia shard scrolls now.

Posted (edited)

Better to keep them, 5 shards turned into a scroll typically yield more than 5 memory fragments, plus all the other loot (hunter seals, silver, vendor junk, black stones), and memory fragments and relic shards cost more or less the same on the market (at least it does on Edan in my experience). So regardless if your end goal is memory fragments or just straight up money, is better in the long run to use the shards yourself, rather than sell and buy the memory fragments or keep the money.

The scrolls also provide the benefit of giving 4 party members a chance at some extra memory fragments, so its one of the few ways you can help your friends and guildmates in game resource wise.

My advice is to save as many shards as you can hole and then do them all at once, it's a real pain sometimes to gather a full party and do the scroll if you want to do it solely with friends and guildies, so doing multiple scrolls at once decreases the overall overhead costs.

The only reason you shouldn't be doing them is if you just don't like doing them, no need to min/max everything, and selling the shards is still plenty of money.

Edited by GenericUser

Posted

Where get can the quest for it? I am lvl 50 at the moment.

I have liverto weapon +10.

In that case you want to run the scrolls because you get Memory Fragments that allow you to restore max durability.

Posted

I have read a topic about it which said is better to make them but is an old topic.

So my question is is still worth to make it? or should sell them? 

ps: I am on Alustin server

Keep if you need the Fragments..

Sell if you dont.. 

You are always gonna get more in the future if you need them.

Posted

Like others have said, if you are intent on selling to make silver, best to combine scrolls. Once you get 25 relic shards, you will be able to create 5 relic scrolls. Find a grp for these, and you will typically net 30-40 memory frags from the group, in addition to money and hunter marks.  The memory frags sell for 750K a pop, so you'll make a lot more money selling those than selling 25 relic shards.

Posted

Like others have said, if you are intent on selling to make silver, best to combine scrolls. Once you get 25 relic shards, you will be able to create 5 relic scrolls. Find a grp for these, and you will typically net 30-40 memory frags from the group, in addition to money and hunter marks.  The memory frags sell for 750K a pop, so you'll make a lot more money selling those than selling 25 relic shards.

+ the aprox. 50+ seals that u get and can exchange for blackstones

Posted

people tend to forget that you trow time and silver away with the time LF scroll group and riding to the summon location. If you are grinding pirates or valencia its a big waste of time to go all the way back just to do relic scrolls instead of selling the shards that your afk fisf char got.

Posted (edited)

Keep if you need the Fragments..

Sell if you dont.. 

You are always gonna get more in the future if you need them.

This. Can always keep more through fishing + I don't like having to look for a group... and my guild is rather small, so we don't get 5 man groups with 25 scrolls together for such stuff. I'd probably change that behaviour if finding a 5man group + doing the 25 scrolls wouldnt take so long.

Edited by Medra

Posted

people tend to forget that you trow time and silver away with the time LF scroll group and riding to the summon location. If you are grinding pirates or valencia its a big waste of time to go all the way back just to do relic scrolls instead of selling the shards that your afk fisf char got.

Depends. Im in a big active guild and we usually plan ahead. On our discord server we have a ch. made especially for scroll groups. I usually know with who im gonna do scrolls and at what hour when im still at work. Also if u make mixed scrolls party (relic/carthian), its even better.

1 person likes this

Posted

keep them and do a 5x scroll party where each member of party has 5 each rng of being in scroll party is 30% chance of mem frag from others scrolls and 2-7 your own + being it party kill the stuff in a flash.

Don't sell if you have any gold boss gears.

Posted (edited)

This is why you get a 50+ alt based in Calp with descent gear to do the scrolls,  you just ship them to Calp or Keplan.  You'll make more money from the scrolls in silver than shipping costs if you link the nodes.  Running 5 scrolls also nets you 200ish large pots which saves cost of buying.   Your alt can do these with just about any gear at +50 so you can just buy a +15 Krea off the AH.  It'll pay for itself.

Edited by Tollwutig
weapon

Posted

How much effort is the boss from these scrolls? because I always sold thinking I couldn't kill the boss if i summoned it.

I'm Lvl 56 Tamer with +15 ultimate grunil and a +15 liverto, with a friend that has same level, gear but is a witch.

Could we do it?

Posted

How much effort is the boss from these scrolls? because I always sold thinking I couldn't kill the boss if i summoned it.

I'm Lvl 56 Tamer with +15 ultimate grunil and a +15 liverto, with a friend that has same level, gear but is a witch.

Could we do it?

Yes you can. I was soloing them with my broken PRI Liverto on a witch easily. 

Posted

Could we do it?

You could solo it at 50 with that gear.  

Posted

I found it is way better to make them into scrolls. Especially if you are already upgrading Boss armor or Kzarka. Once all awakenings come up and Nouver weapons are added, you better have a ton of Memory fragments because lately there's close to none in the market.

Posted

Thanks guys!! I always assumed it was end level, guild sorta stuff :D

Posted

Could we do it?

Yeah. The reason why people make groups of five is that if you are helping someone with a scroll, you are likely to get a seal, possibly a memory fragment (about 1 in 3 scrolls is my average) as well as the exchange drops from bosses. So people figured out it's the most value for time group size.  But if you and your friend want to do them, that works too!

True. But there are alternatives, particularly if you have alts at 50 or higher.  I mostly keep an I in chat while I'm doing other stuff and when I see LF1M, I'll join if I'm not in the middle of something.  I also keep all my shards in Keplan, so they are easy to grab and put together and I don't have to worry about expiring scrolls.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0