• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Where is the PvE content ?

77 posts in this topic

Posted

So from watching videos on youtube and browsing through the forums a little I have come to see this game has no END GAME PVE content what so ever.

There is no Dungeons (instanced) or Raids ( 10+ player bosses) besides the select few World Bosses, I know a huge amount of players would LOVE to see this added.

Coming from World Of Warcraft myself I am hoping that eventually ( maybe 3 months after launch or less ) we have some actual content besides mobs we grind to level.

PvP is fun and all but there has to be more to the game , I have pre ordered the game and am still going to play a shit ton when released as I spent 100$ on the damn thing.

WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE 

- About 10 5-man instanced Dungeons with Multiple bosses that would roughly take an hour to do with game play mechanics that are semi-challenging to the player base
- Atleast 2 Raids for 10-30 players (basically massive dungeons that take days to complete and are even more challenging)

This content can easily be added at a later date after launch as players are going to have to reach near max level to do them.

So from here I'd like to hear what types of PvE content is missing and would like to be seen by YOU THE PLAYERS.

NOTE: BALANCE OF PVP/PVE GAMEPLAY IS KEY FOR MOST PEOPLE TO PLAY AN MMO FOR YEARS AS WELL AS A GOOD STREAM OF CONTENT 

4 people like this

Posted

+1

Posted

I beg to differ. Every other MMO and their little sisters have dungeons and raids. I hope we never get that here. I really dislike instanced dungeons and most dungeon crawlers.

12 people like this

Posted

If make an MMO based on PvP why add a leveling process and mobs and quests. Id rather just play League of Legends, I play an MMO to experience a world that is different from our own, as with many others. Dungeons and Raids add story and replay value along with ways to earn money and gear and a different route of enjoyment besides mindlessly slaughtering eachother. My hopes for this game are high for I can see it easily being on par or surpassing WoW finally as no MMO has ever come close  

Posted

I'm a PVP player but honestly I like dungeons very much. I like the feeling of going with my friends through a laaaarge dungeon and have a big challenge with the bosses. I don't really like instances but I guess that's the only way to prevent the dungeon from becoming a zergfest... Well that and you could also have half your guild make the dungeon, and the other half stay on the entrance killing everyone that approaches :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm a PVP player but honestly I like dungeons very much. I like the feeling of going with my friends through a laaaarge dungeon and have a big challenge with the bosses. I don't really like instances but I guess that's the only way to prevent the dungeon from becoming a zergfest... Well that and you could also have half your guild make the dungeon, and the other half stay on the entrance killing everyone that approaches :D

non instanced dungeons I fear would be zergfest spawn killing player traping hell holes xD

Posted

I play an MMO to experience a world that is different from our own

And BDO has such world. Why make it redundant with instanced content?

1 person likes this

Posted

And BDO has such world. Why make it redundant with instanced content?

Redundant ? how is seigeing with the same guild repetitively not the same thing? all MMO's are Redundant its how you execute it that makes it fun

Posted

You all know, that there's not going to be any "Dungeon"-Content, because it's not in the korean version of the game. Until they get it, we won't get it. Simple as that.

They aren't going to programm whole new content only for EU/NA.

Posted

Redundant ? how is seigeing with the same guild repetitively not the same thing? all MMO's are Redundant its how you execute it that makes it fun

You should check Tera if you want to see how instances can make the open world redundant. But to each their own. I personally am against.

2 people like this

Posted

You should check Tera if you want to see how instances can make the open world redundant. But to each their own. I personally am against.

Seen Tera stuff, better example is World of Warcraft while on a decline because they don't listen to what players want aka the facepalm of ingame selfie stick. The only things that should be instanced IMO are dungeons/raids and Battlegrounds ( not world pvp areas or arenas  )

1 person likes this

Posted

If make an MMO based on PvP why add a leveling process and mobs and quests. Id rather just play League of Legends, I play an MMO to experience a world that is different from our own, as with many others. Dungeons and Raids add story and replay value along with ways to earn money and gear and a different route of enjoyment besides mindlessly slaughtering eachother. My hopes for this game are high for I can see it easily being on par or surpassing WoW finally as no MMO has ever come close  

It's time for people such as yourself to stop comparing every game to WoW. This game will never compete with WoW, it will never beat WoW, it will never come close to being anything like WoW, and that is why the majority of us are here. 

Instanced content is lame, and FFXIV does it way better than WoW anyway so if you want it that bad just go play that. 

7 people like this

Posted

Seen Tera stuff, better example is World of Warcraft while on a decline because they don't listen to what players want aka the facepalm of ingame selfie stick. The only things that should be instanced IMO are dungeons/raids and Battlegrounds ( not world pvp areas or arenas  )

If they listened to every Tim and Joe they would bankrupt very fast. May come as a surprise, but not everyone wants the same thing you do, nor has the same ideas what "should" be done with their game. I, again, disagree and dont want instances in my game. So which part of "dont want" you dont understand?

2 people like this

Posted

You all know, that there's not going to be any "Dungeon"-Content, because it's not in the korean version of the game. Until they get it, we won't get it. Simple as that.

They aren't going to programm whole new content only for EU/NA.

The intention of discussing in the official forums is to ring a bell for the pubs so they can transmit players' concerns to the devs. If the devs receive enough of these concerns from many places, they will think about doing something about it. It's not like devs only care about korean players. That would be plain stupid since I assume most of the playerbase is not korean tbw.

Posted

I'm not against more end game PvE content, but the reason I got interested in this game is exactly because it was different than world of warcraft, tera, blade and soul and other similar clones. I had mixed feelings about those instanced dungeons in other games. sometimes it was fun, but often it was frustrating and didn't allow for much progress unless you found a good team/guild. I'm in no hurry to have that in this game and I don't think making every game look more like wow is a good thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

I beg to differ. Every other MMO and their little sisters have dungeons and raids. I hope we never get that here. I really dislike instanced dungeons and most dungeon crawlers.

You don't have to go in them!

Posted (edited)

You don't have to go in them!

Sure. Because not everyone will go perma grind 2 dungeons with some OP gear drop 0.006% chance and I will play by myself in the rest of the "sandbox open world" game.

Edited by Kat

Posted

Blade and Soul is that way ---->

2 people like this

Posted

Imo instanced content would completely kill the concept of BDO. The focus is on the open world and there are enough examples of past games already that show you what happens to an open world where you don't have anything to do anymore. As Kat mentioned already just take Tera as an example. I remember when basically everyone was done farming reputation in the area outside Kanstria. Nearly no one went there anymore. Shortly before I've quitted the game we had to camp teleport points to get kills for our GvGs because people were hiding in safe zones and instances. Of course there are no teleport points in BDO so people would have to at least walk through the open world to get to their instances BUT what do you think how long it'd take them to start complaining about the fact that everytime they want to do an instance they'd have to walk for 10-15 minutes or whatever?! 

I could imagine more open world dungeons in the future similar to those that are already in the game but I am almost sure that we're never going to see instanced content like we know it from other games already. 

1 person likes this

Posted

So from watching videos on youtube and browsing through the forums a little I have come to see this game has no END GAME PVE content what so ever.

There is no Dungeons (instanced) or Raids ( 10+ player bosses) besides the select few World Bosses, I know a huge amount of players would LOVE to see this added.

Coming from World Of Warcraft myself I am hoping that eventually ( maybe 3 months after launch or less ) we have some actual content besides mobs we grind to level.

PvP is fun and all but there has to be more to the game , I have pre ordered the game and am still going to play a shit ton when released as I spent 100$ on the damn thing.

WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE 

- About 10 5-man instanced Dungeons with Multiple bosses that would roughly take an hour to do with game play mechanics that are semi-challenging to the player base
- Atleast 2 Raids for 10-30 players (basically massive dungeons that take days to complete and are even more challenging)

This content can easily be added at a later date after launch as players are going to have to reach near max level to do them.

So from here I'd like to hear what types of PvE content is missing and would like to be seen by YOU THE PLAYERS.

NOTE: BALANCE OF PVP/PVE GAMEPLAY IS KEY FOR MOST PEOPLE TO PLAY AN MMO FOR YEARS AS WELL AS A GOOD STREAM OF CONTENT 

Lets sit and talk about this.

First i want to tell you that im a pve lover too and i really dont enjoy so much the pvp (equipment, i prefer the skilled pvp) in any game.

The concept as we know because WoW made as we see right now is really old and boring, i mean, instanced pvp, dungeon runs, farm raid bosses for a "chance" to get better equipment (from 114 attack power to 116 attack power (yea ridicolous)) its really old. Old mmos (like UO) didnt have dungeons as WoW extended like a virus, and that dungeons were really enjoyable and very difficult too. BDO is focused on PvP, seems there are rumors BDO was first started as PvE game but at half way developing it they changed their minds and focused on a PvP high end game.

To be honest, and this is my personal opinion, i dont think Daum change the game a lot in 2-3 years and if they implement anything that can be similar to a WoW instanced pve dungeons will be a very poor added content and will introduced in the game with a lot of time. The game is prety awesome but it doesnt highlight for his pve content. People focused in PvE doest have too much to do in this game although they think BDO has pve... sorry.

Posted (edited)

I enjoy challenging PvE content a great deal - be it through 'dungeons' or raids, I whole heartedly could get behind any movement to get more of this type of content into the game.

However - don't instance it. I realise this is probably a throw back too old for many (but certainly not all!) players here, but going into a dungeon in Asheron's Call - Darktide (PvP) server, and seeing dead monsters littered ahead, or hearing the sounds of combat just a little ways ahead of you before you could see who it is was some of the best emergent content I've ever seen in an MMO.

Rather than 10 or so of these things off the bat - make a few, but make them sprawling multipath, multilevel affairs, rather than the rather linear paths we've seen in MMO dungeons of late.

Am I dreaming to even hope for such an inclusion? Likely. As others have said - it is exceptionally unlikely we'll get any content of this kind unless KR adds it first, and that isn't something I particularly see happening.

Edited by Naithin
Typo correction.

Posted (edited)

WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE 

You have just created a wow clone in a game that separates itself from the old. If you want wow, then go play wow - OR, there are a ton of other games that offer similar game-play. BD is all about eng-game PVP, and thats what makes it so great - it doesnt need to alter from that to be a great game! 

A leveling system is put in place in EVERY MMORPG for the sake of longevity. Your suggestion to go play a MOBA due to its PVP content is invalid. We love the MMORPG genre and the open-world PVP that comes with it. 

There are countless games that cater to the PVE content you long for and very few of this genre that cater to PVP - I always love seeing the contradiction from PVE'ers. You want PVE content that challenges you - You want harder mobs, bosses ect. The one aspect of game-play here that will challenge you the most is PVP - That will always trump any mindless boss. 

In ArcheAge we had a PVP game that has lasted for 3+ year? Its downfall was a greedy company trying to fund their other games. If Daum can create a fresh and vibrant PVP world in BD without the P2W features that AA had, it will go on to be one of the greatest games in a long time - And little to no PVE will be needed for that success. 

My advice enjoy the crafting, fishing, exploring, taming, and NPC mini games while embracing open-world PVP - Step out of your comfort zone and learn the thrill of non instanced PVP. Having played wow for 4 years (looong time ago) i can tell you, the PVP you are used to pales in comparison to true, open-world PVP.  

Edited by Major

Posted

How about PvE Content that wasnt boring repeative dungeons?

Break the mold and try something new that isnt the same old PvE content thats in every MMO!

Posted (edited)

Actually, it will be good to have end game varieties, if it is one more way to get better gear. (From my own perspective).

I'm here for the PvP, GvG wars, Arena.

So as long as I can level, and gear up nicely, the rest are bonuses.  :)

Edited by Baby Mamegoma

Posted (edited)

How about PvE Content that wasnt boring repeative dungeons?

Break the mold and try something new that isnt the same old PvE content thats in every MMO!

Which would be possible... in example: Make an open world dungeon where progress is dependent on knowledge of the enemies and NPC's within, or maybe a tug and pull pvp dungeon with bosses supporting one side or the other.

Classical dungeon content would be a bit to linear and restrictive for a game like that, in my opinion.

Edited by WarBaby2