• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Where is the PvE content ?

77 posts in this topic

Posted

There are many different types of PvE activities to participate in BDO. Killing mobs and picking up their loot os only one of them, and frankly the weakest part of the game right now. The devs need to take some serious time and learn how to design and program challenging and interesting AI combat behaviors. Until they learn how, any dungeon or Raid they made would suck balls anyways.

Instead, there are many other areas where they can add content and make the game interesting for the end-game player.

NPC interaction: The amity system along with player knowledge can be leveraged into many options for the player. By placing certain NPC's as hostile to other NPC's, players would gain amity by helping one set of NPC's while simultaneously making another set of NPC's unhappy. By tying guilds to NPC amity totals, certain guilds would automatically be at war because the NPC's they chose to support are hated by the NPC's supported by a different guild.

Nodes and trade routes: Trade caravans consisting of numerous players as well as combat capable NPC henchmen would add a lot of end game PvX content to the game. If you have nodes you control and NPC's working on that node, those henchmen should be able to be attacked by other players unless you hire guards. Being able to train and equip as well as level up these combat henchmen would be an awesome use of end game time.

NPC romance: Add in some story and plot twists to allow your character to romance an NPC and marry them.

NPC conflicts: Castle lords and town nobles should go to war with each other from time to time, drawing along those guilds which have pledged their loyalty to that NPC.

Naval Combat: Need I say more?

High powered Dragon or demon mounts to battle with.

There are so many ways to add PvE content that doesn't involve dungeons or raids...

Posted

They have World Bosses that don't really add any challenge but create a huge grind in the game. There are a few raids and dungeons in Korea but nothing big as of yet.

Boss combat is still pretty buggy too, so it will probably be quite a while before NA gets the release. The game is PvP-centric endgame revolving around crimson battleground, outlaw system, OWPvP, siege, node wars and other guild activities/missions.

Posted

I beg to differ. Every other MMO and their little sisters have dungeons and raids. I hope we never get that here. I really dislike instanced dungeons and most dungeon crawlers.

+1

Posted

im pumped about pvp .. which i never am really.. usually just pve etc.. but if tihs gameplay is cool with pvp battles and i can help my team lets go.. should be fun.. 

I think for an MMO to really stand out they should specialize. In this case they are PVP heavy, potentially you're looking for a different game.

Posted

Why even asking about stuff as we know exactly where the game will be a year from now, just check KR version.
There is no kind of PvE that you requested and they are not adding it for a reason, they dont want to compete with other theme park MMO's and you have shitload of those on the market. 

The version we are getting wont have any world bosses so dont count on those either and when they do add them they will be contested by PvP guilds.  

Posted

So from what I see is a lot of you complaining about instanced zones, or wanting Open World Dungeons, and I used WoW as a baseline, Yes linear dungeons are EXTEMELY BORING , and yes trying to create something new of a type of PvE sounds wonderful to me, I am not bashing on the PvP in the game as I love PvP and I can see this game being exteremly fun . The Open World PvP is a big aspect of me actually playing this game cuz that is something I really miss with WoW , BDO is fast action interactive combat which can make for amazing forms of both PvP and PvE content in my eyes which is why I wanted to see more PvE content. Having Guilds fight over a Boss for example is very very interging  to me, combining a little of both worlds seems something very possible to do.

YES THE PVP IN THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE HELLA FUN , and there is tons of stuff besides PvP you can do as a solo player.

So here is a simple idea I think that might appeal to us all. some badass giant monster appears near a town or city and starts to attack it. players can choose to either allow semi destruction of this area or to defeat the enemy and ofcouse you could try to fight along side said monster.

No bashing just thoughts , yes we shouldn't compare games but doing so sets a baseline for us to have somewhat of an idea.

Posted

Honestly I'd like to see dungeons running something that could possibly be implemented fairly easy without changing too much of how the content grind is currently.

Old school EQ players will remember the Butcherblock Gnolls dungeon and how players of all levels would camp spots from the front entrance all the way to the boss room. This was done to gear and level. Easier to manage groups at the start and the more difficult at the boss. i'd prefer something similar to that so that I can't just run into a dungeon and clear the whole damn thing but have to start out and learn the packs, the runners, who aggros what and so on.

This also created great social aspect in the game as you had a lot of people that would group up and clear this stuff for hours on end and even become friends to the point where we all knew each other in some fashion from chatting while gaming.

2 people like this

Posted

Honestly I'd like to see dungeons running something that could possibly be implemented fairly easy without changing too much of how the content grind is currently.

Old school EQ players will remember the Butcherblock Gnolls dungeon and how players of all levels would camp spots from the front entrance all the way to the boss room. This was done to gear and level. Easier to manage groups at the start and the more difficult at the boss. i'd prefer something similar to that so that I can't just run into a dungeon and clear the whole damn thing but have to start out and learn the packs, the runners, who aggros what and so on.

This also created great social aspect in the game as you had a lot of people that would group up and clear this stuff for hours on end and even become friends to the point where we all knew each other in some fashion from chatting while gaming.

Exactly. Old school Everquest style dungeons could be easily implemented into this game with open world dungeons. People did camp checks for different areas where certain named mobs that dropped loot had a chance to spawn. On PvP servers, they could contest the camp with a good ol' PvP battle.

2 people like this

Posted

Exactly. Old school Everquest style dungeons could be easily implemented into this game with open world dungeons. People did camp checks for different areas where certain named mobs that dropped loot had a chance to spawn. On PvP servers, they could contest the camp with a good ol' PvP battle.

There wont be segregated servers, so when a guild of people go to run a dungeon that doesnt exist in any BD version, they would be camped and killed. This isnt EverQuest, Aion, WOW, or any of the many PVE games already in place. On a side note, Everquest will be out in the near future, then you guys can dungeon crawl until your hearts content. 

Posted

There wont be segregated servers, so when a guild of people go to run a dungeon that doesnt exist in any BD version, they would be camped and killed. This isnt EverQuest, Aion, WOW, or any of the many PVE games already in place. On a side note, Everquest will be out in the near future, then you guys can dungeon crawl until your hearts content. 

I know it's not out in KR so it won't come here most likely, but it's the style of dungeon that could be best implemented into this game in my opinion. On Everquest PVP servers, that was the whole point, people would pvp and contest the camp spots and guilds would take over dungeons.

Posted

I wish they would make the dungeons like Lineage 2 seriously. Long open world dungeons with a lot of stuff to do inside in order to go deeper and some nice cinematics when the bosses appeared.

Posted

If make an MMO based on PvP why add a leveling process and mobs and quests. Id rather just play League of Legends, I play an MMO to experience a world that is different from our own, as with many others. Dungeons and Raids add story and replay value along with ways to earn money and gear and a different route of enjoyment besides mindlessly slaughtering eachother. My hopes for this game are high for I can see it easily being on par or surpassing WoW finally as no MMO has ever come close  

but you have lvling process and grinding process and items in LoL ... you should have given CS as an example

and how is instanced dungeon adding replay value ? you just go and kill the same mobs over and over , its the same what you gonna do in open world grinding , but sadly for you there will be no save instanced dungeon where you can hide from the pvp

You should check Tera if you want to see how instances can make the open world redundant. But to each their own. I personally am against.

instances killed all open world pvp and ganking in lineage 2 too, after adding multiple daily instances ppl just log on do them for few hours and log off, if you wanna do some pvp you have to arrange 7v7 with your enemys ...

Posted

I feel like there's so much to do in game, so I don't worry about it ;)

Posted

Speaking of failboat MMOs that only cator to the Pen15 vs Pen15 fans. What ever happened to warhammer online wasnt that a RvR pvp centeic only game?  Think that ultimately failed hard right?

Granted, BDO has some really indepth game function/mechanics and the graphics are amazing; but hopefully the NA version wont just stay exclusively pvp

Posted

Speaking of failboat MMOs that only cator to the Pen15 vs Pen15 fans. What ever happened to warhammer online wasnt that a RvR pvp centeic only game?  Think that ultimately failed hard right?

Granted, BDO has some really indepth game function/mechanics and the graphics are amazing; but hopefully the NA version wont just stay exclusively pvp

Well it's not entirely PvP. It's just not the PvE content most people are used to and that's basically the reason for all the complaints because people rather want something they know already than be just a little bit open-minded and try something new. ~

2 people like this

Posted

I wish they would make the dungeons like Lineage 2 seriously. Long open world dungeons with a lot of stuff to do inside in order to go deeper and some nice cinematics when the bosses appeared.

They have some, I was watching this video earlier, but, I don't know how deep it goes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw9NkzVF_CU

Posted

It is not exclusively PvP. Have you even seen the crafting, housing, horse taming, node management, farming and so on and so on systems? If all you can think of is "instances/dungeons/raids" when you think of PvE, there are tons of such MMOs out there. Please stop trying to box this one into that same old corny system.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well it's not entirely PvP. It's just not the PvE content most people are used to and that's basically the reason for all the complaints because people rather want something they know already than be just a little bit open-minded and try something new. ~

very good point and a great way to say state it

Posted

Warhammer's failure had nothing to do with the pvp , it was the only thing that kept people playing in a half finished mess of a game. 

Posted

I beg to differ. Every other MMO and their little sisters have dungeons and raids. I hope we never get that here. I really dislike instanced dungeons and most dungeon crawlers.

Here here!  Anything instanced imo, isn't a sandbox mmo to the fullest.  Games can say they're sandbox open world, but if each dungeon is instanced or certain story quests are instanced, then it's lost that moniker imo.  I'm ok with end game just being farming, fishing and architecture.  I plan to get many hours out of BDO doing everything.

1 person likes this

Posted

I see everyone has good and valid points, Like I said before still gonna beast mode this game , as everyone is right there is tons to do, I just feel a lack of PvE content might be something the player base was concerned about and was wondering if any plans to add any, seeing as the KR verison has appearently added 2 dungeons I can see devs are atleast taking some feedback, I personally just can't wait for the game to come out so i can play and see for myself , as long as i get 100 hours out of the game before I get bored ( which i hope I dont ) I'll be fine its good to see everyones feedback , let us discuss perhaps the types if PvE content we have and could be added , i also hope to see many updates after launch for as some games once realized never get any

Posted

So from watching videos on youtube and browsing through the forums a little I have come to see this game has no END GAME PVE content what so ever.

There is no Dungeons (instanced) or Raids ( 10+ player bosses) besides the select few World Bosses, I know a huge amount of players would LOVE to see this added.

Coming from World Of Warcraft myself I am hoping that eventually ( maybe 3 months after launch or less ) we have some actual content besides mobs we grind to level.

PvP is fun and all but there has to be more to the game , I have pre ordered the game and am still going to play a shit ton when released as I spent 100$ on the damn thing.

WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE 

- About 10 5-man instanced Dungeons with Multiple bosses that would roughly take an hour to do with game play mechanics that are semi-challenging to the player base
- Atleast 2 Raids for 10-30 players (basically massive dungeons that take days to complete and are even more challenging)

This content can easily be added at a later date after launch as players are going to have to reach near max level to do them.

So from here I'd like to hear what types of PvE content is missing and would like to be seen by YOU THE PLAYERS.

NOTE: BALANCE OF PVP/PVE GAMEPLAY IS KEY FOR MOST PEOPLE TO PLAY AN MMO FOR YEARS AS WELL AS A GOOD STREAM OF CONTENT 

I have been playing MMOs way before they were the thing to do and one of the most annoying things in the whole genre is WoW. No this is not a hate post I am just being real about it. Before WoW MMOs did not have to depend on "End Content" to survive what they did was make sure players played their without the "ego End Game content." This brings the wrong type of players to a Sandbox type game. What you are looking for is a Themepark type game not Sandbox. Raids and Dungeons all belong to that side of the fence. From what I hear there's a soft cap but not max level so in that case why would there exactly be an "end game."

Posted

Like many others i want to play BDO becouse is Pvp wise with endless farming brainless, yes. old style farming with music withour care to find people to run dungeons/evening raid.... just doing node/caste wars with guildmates. perfect game. 

Posted

dont try to change new games into your old games ... if you dont like the style of a game, stay at your old game ...

there are already world bosses etc at RU, and EU/ NA will get them too ...

Posted

So from watching videos on youtube and browsing through the forums a little I have come to see this game has no END GAME PVE content what so ever.

There is no Dungeons (instanced) or Raids ( 10+ player bosses) besides the select few World Bosses, I know a huge amount of players would LOVE to see this added.

Coming from World Of Warcraft myself I am hoping that eventually ( maybe 3 months after launch or less ) we have some actual content besides mobs we grind to level.

PvP is fun and all but there has to be more to the game , I have pre ordered the game and am still going to play a shit ton when released as I spent 100$ on the damn thing.

WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE 

- About 10 5-man instanced Dungeons with Multiple bosses that would roughly take an hour to do with game play mechanics that are semi-challenging to the player base
- Atleast 2 Raids for 10-30 players (basically massive dungeons that take days to complete and are even more challenging)

This content can easily be added at a later date after launch as players are going to have to reach near max level to do them.

So from here I'd like to hear what types of PvE content is missing and would like to be seen by YOU THE PLAYERS.

NOTE: BALANCE OF PVP/PVE GAMEPLAY IS KEY FOR MOST PEOPLE TO PLAY AN MMO FOR YEARS AS WELL AS A GOOD STREAM OF CONTENT 

What is a dungeon? Or a raid?

You go in, kill 10-100 ads, reach a boss that has a couple of attack phases, kill it, get loot.

Why not do the following: kill 10-100 mobs outside, summon a world boss that has a couple of attack phases, kill it, get loot.

The only difference here is that a dungeon is in an enclosed area, while option number 2 is outside.

Why do people only see end game as dungeons/raids? Why not realize that doing the same dungeon 1000 times is the exact same as killing a world boss 1000 times?

Also, WoW is a different MMO. The comparison, or feature requests is not needed. This is it's own MMO.