• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Where is the PvE content ?

77 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

>instanced dungeons

I stopped reading when I saw this.

I will repeat this over and over again - constant stream of themepark mmorpg's within the past years skewed the majority of our western playerbase. Period.

Edited by Narcosis

Posted

I don't mind the idea of more of anything, (whether it be pvp or pve content),  While I don't mind non instanced raids or dungeons myself (I started on Ultima Online), I do understand the OP want of more end game stuff.. That being said.. I can not stand it when a person posts a topic in a forum and talks as if they are a representative for a majority of players. It's fine if that is your opinion. I promise to not bash that at all, however, please don't speak for "everyone" or "lots of others", they have their own voices. If they refuse to use them, that's their own problem. 

Posted

Hell no. They have these on the russian version and they are terrible.

Not only that, but it would cause the devs to shift gears from creating more open world content to instanced content for that carrot on a stick. Go back to WoW if you want mostly instanced content.

Posted (edited)

>instanced dungeons

I stopped reading when I saw this.

I will repeat this over and over again - constant stream of themepark mmorpg's within the past years skewed the majority of our western playerbase. Period.

On one side you have those really old MMO players that want BDO to be something more hardcore, and on the other there are those that want it to be a Coop vs AI game, easy and without any commitment or risk of losing anything.
People start begging for PvE
only servers and we are invaded by weabs and carebears.

When i start to remember the difference between PvE and PvP servers in Tera i can't help but cringe, i'm not sure people on PvE servers were actually playing the same game.

Surely had more fun on Killian than i'd ever had on Fraya and instanced PvE definitly wasn't the source of it.

Edited by Chizu

Posted

Im mainly a pve player and Ill happily state - NO more instanced dungeons. That shit is tired and worn thin.

Posted

Blade and Soul is that way ---->

Yeah. BnS has some super legit instanced dungeons. Oh wait, they are boring as hell. Why the hell would you give that as an example? Are you feeling ok? BnS is made specifically for arena 1v1 PvP, and nothing else. If you'd played the game for more than 0 seconds, you'd understand that. I'd say the PvE in BDO is better than BnS's PvE, and BDO's PvE is literally non-existent.

Plus, people need to relieve themselves of the idea that you can't make challenging PvE non-instanced. Even FFXI could manage it, and that game is both terrible and ancient. Still had some open world PvE. Would be actually nice if this game had some challenging world bosses that were hard to defeat in and of themselves, plus you had to beat other people away from them. Instead of what we have now, which is everyone holds hands and zergs them down. Want to talk about some carebear stuff? BDO is mad carebear.

Posted

Yeah. BnS has some super legit instanced dungeons. Oh wait, they are boring as hell. Why the hell would you give that as an example? Are you feeling ok? 

Just because you feel that it is boring doesn't make it any less valid.

No instances here in BDO.

As for PvE, you are just stuffing words in my mouth. You should take my previous comment less seriously and relax a bit.

Posted (edited)

Dungeons in a totally open world game? Raids? It's not happening. If they haven't added it in Korea yet we won't see anything like dungeons or raids within the next 2 years. And to be honest: we don't need them.

I'd rather see some huge public dungeons like they have in ESO (but much bigger) than another game with instanced dungeons you need to run multiple times.

Edited by Nyel

Posted

The endgame is predominately PvP, GvG-type stuff, which is a big reason I have decided to have a look at this game, 'specially the GvG (I suck at 1v1).

Not keen on instanced dungeons.

But besides all that, what exactly would you gain from dungeon crawling? What would be the prize you get for killing a dungeon boss? Blackstones? Fancy costume piece?

You will still end up having to rely on PvP in some way down the track anyway, whether it be self-preservation, raising a bounty or supporting your guild. WIth the armour/weapon setup of the game, it's hard to imagine just what it is you would gain from crawling a dungeon.

However, if there was a need to include non-instanced dungeons/caves, having a multi-path option might be the way to go (as mentioned elsewhere), but to me it would seem to be more of an exploration of the world than a dungeon grind/reward feature. I wouldn't necessarily be looking for some special piece of equipment that has 2/5th of f.a. of dropping, more like seeing what is in this hole.

Posted

It depends. For example, dungeons in GW2 I absolutely -hate- and only do if I really need armor from there or w/e. But dungeons in WoW were awesome.
Same goes for raiding etc, I loved it in WoW and it was pretty great in FFXIV as well, so.

If they can make it fun, and not impossibly difficult, then I'd say hell yeah!

Posted

PvP is fun and all but there has to be more to the game , I have pre ordered the game and am still going to play a shit ton when released as I spent 100$ on the damn thing.

So you're saying because you spent 100$ on a game that you did zero research on has to cater to your views on what this MMO should be?  And people wonder why companies like EA stay in business.

1 person likes this

Posted

What is a dungeon? Or a raid?

You go in, kill 10-100 ads, reach a boss that has a couple of attack phases, kill it, get loot.

Why not do the following: kill 10-100 mobs outside, summon a world boss that has a couple of attack phases, kill it, get loot.

The only difference here is that a dungeon is in an enclosed area, while option number 2 is outside.

Why do people only see end game as dungeons/raids? Why not realize that doing the same dungeon 1000 times is the exact same as killing a world boss 1000 times?

Also, WoW is a different MMO. The comparison, or feature requests is not needed. This is it's own MMO.

If you can't see the difference between instanced dungeons and world bosses, then you clearly have very little experience in either. The mere fact of being in the open world for the encounter is not what bothers anyone, rather, the obvious limitations that an open world boss brings about. Instanced allows for a strategic encounter with a set number of players by design whereas worldboss is just a pinata. Even if you manage to add some mechanics that various ungrouped/small group players can handle, there's no player limitation so it will just get zerged. 

Also any sane PVEr would advocate for single open world instance then separate zones for PVE encounters & as many instances as there are groups attempting within that. Nobody is advocating for a 5000 instances in open world, like in tera. 

And just in response to all the similar posts of the thread. 

I do find it funny how adamantly against instanced dungeons some of these PVPers are, as if it would actually have any impact on them. This IS of course a PVP focused game, however, that doesn't mean it's a bad idea to shell out some strategic, group PVE content as well. Group/Raid content is not some WoW exclusive concept & games that have said content are not 'just trying to be a WoW' clone. Any decent MMO (Massively multiplayer online game!), even if PVE is just a secondary focus, will have content designed for a specific number of players in a group, be it friends/entire guilds/randoms.... unless they want want the PVE community ending up as just a few dozen tiny RP & craft guilds

Posted

The game has a stated PvP endgame, and while there will be open world dungeons and world bosses (open + guild spawnable), that's so far the extent of PvE endgame stuff. It's nothing new this is the PvE endgame at the moment, so don't come now complaining this is all there is. Suggesting to add more is ok ofc, but don't go expecting it.

Posted

So you're saying because you spent 100$ on a game that you did zero research on has to cater to your views on what this MMO should be?  And people wonder why companies like EA stay in business.

Exactly .. what a joke. Plenty are also doing a maximum damage control on the local chat about how they bought a pack already and HOW DARE WE question the quality of the game, content and problems; that we're ungrateful @#{#@ and other typical comments from impulsive idiots.

Posted

Unless you are in a large raiding guild most MMOs really don't have any PvE end game content. Those of us who tend to just play with friends never get to do any of that stuff anyway, so I'm not too fussed about it.

Posted

No PVE content?  No reason to play then.  Not going to waste time grinding levels to just pvp, plenty of great pvp titles all ready out there that let you go smack people in the face.    The world in this game looks great, but if it doesnt have pve content to sustain, it will die.....quickly.  Except for that small handful of die hards that roam for hours looking for someone else roaming, both looking for pvp.   

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No PVE content?  No reason to play then.   

If that is going to be the case I tend to agree. Guild wars 2 was enjoyable, I'm all for the return of sandbox content... but the only people who don't enjoy instanced contents are bads. 

Both can exist, and you morons saying pvp is not redundant are just sucking that pipe dream of the return of the all sandbox mmo... let's toss in permadeath while we are at it...

So you're saying because you spent 100$ on a game that you did zero research on has to cater to your views on what this MMO should be?  .

if they want to keep their servers up they should... I hear what you are saying, but ultimately all games have basic expectations let's not get high and mighty with MMOs.

The game has a stated PvP endgame.

you mean castle raiding?

Unless you are in a large raiding guild most MMOs really don't have any PvE end game content. 

unless you have people that play games you don't have multiplayer content... what's you point?

If you can't see the difference between instanced dungeons and world bosses, then you clearly have very little experience in either. The mere fact of being in the open world for the encounter is not what bothers anyone, rather, the obvious limitations that an open world boss brings about. Instanced allows for a strategic encounter with a set number of players by design whereas worldboss is just a pinata. Even if you manage to add some mechanics that various ungrouped/small group players can handle, there's no player limitation so it will just get zerged. 

I do find it funny how adamantly against instanced dungeons some of these PVPers are, as if it would actually have any impact on them. This IS of course a PVP focused game, however, that doesn't mean it's a bad idea to shell out some strategic, group PVE content as well. Group/Raid content is not some WoW exclusive concept & games that have said content are not 'just trying to be a WoW' clone. Any decent MMO (Massively multiplayer online game!), even if PVE is just a secondary focus, will have content designed for a specific number of players in a group, be it friends/entire guilds/randoms.... unless they want want the PVE community ending up as just a few dozen tiny RP & craft guilds

you're speaking to idiots who are entertained by fluff content and limited by nanosecond attention spans... your common sense is wasted here. 

Edited by alpeih

Posted (edited)

Also any sane PVEr would advocate for single open world instance then separate zones for PVE encounters & as many instances as there are groups attempting within that. Nobody is advocating for a 5000 instances in open world, like in tera. 

And just in response to all the similar posts of the thread. 

It's not that I don't see the difference. This is about people complaining that there is "no PVE end-game content". If a game does not have raids/dungeons, does not mean it has no PVE content.

Secondly, from my understanding, the "world bosses" here are summoned by a scroll, and only people in a party can attack it (correct me if I'm wrong). At least this is what I saw with the Co-op missions I received so far in my play through in CBT2. No one outside the party could attack the summoned boss. In this regard, you can have content to cater to groups.

Also, you can't tell me that 50 man raids are not zerg fests and that require strategy. I don't believe that. A 4-man dungeon, sure, but usually the strategy is limited to: tank - tanks, healer - heals, dps - does damage and the boss phases where you have to move to a certain spot, or the tank turns the boss away from the rest of the group so that they don't get AOEd. That's not strategy. Those are gimmicks. At least in my opinion.

I am not against instanced dungeons. I never said that. I just said that I think it's dumb to say that having no dungeons means the PVE content is non-existent.

You do a dungeon 10000 times for the loot it drops. The "strategy" is exactly the same in all 10000 runs. So from this, my conclusion is that the appeal is the loot. So end-game PVE content is better loot, right? In this regard, a world boss, or a summoned boss via a scroll can cater to that.

Also @alpeith: if people are idiots for not sharing your point of view, then you are an idiot too, because I can find at least one person who will not share it.

The big problem is that people come from MMOs that had end-game PVE as instanced dungeons, they don't know anything else and they come on the forums and start complaining because their vision of PVE end-game is not there. Change can be good. And if you don't like it... it's not like anyone is forcing you to play this.

Edited by Quetesh

Posted

You can just sum up everything plain and simple....

Learn to play in Sandbox, else move back to the PvE Endgame Content Games.

To anyone who doesnt know the concept of a true Sandbox... google is your friend.

God Bless old Ultima Online Times. Screw WoW and everything like that.

Nothing more to say.

Ppl who cry for more PvE content, didnt even check or inform theirself about what this game will look like on.

And sorry for my crappy english.

Posted

instanced dungeons ruin the open world experience in this game. i love the fact of roaming around in the living world that game offers - so i totally hope that stuff will never be part of this game. there are dungeons in KR which can only be solved as a group, so im sure we will get something in EU also. you have to understand that the so called "endgame" is permanent in this game, everything at anytime you do matters and not just the actions you take at max level. since gear has no lvl requirement, you dont even need to level up to get the best gear (except for worldboss drops) - its just that your charcter would still be too weak to kill a certain mob or compete in PVP if you dont - also you wont have your skills.

thats why it DOES NOT MATTER if you rush to level 50 and expect the REAL game to start - the game starts as you jump into the world. the problem is not with the games mechanics but the perspective you look at it.

sorry for bad english.

Posted (edited)

Well, you see. 

If there were dungeons, what would be the point of doing them?

Armor? What armor? There are like 7 armor variants in the entire game, save for weapons.

Other than equipment, what... Blackstones? Crystals? Crafting materials.. Iron ore?

This game can't use dungeons because there is no point for them. There would be no reason to ever run a dungeon other than for Exp... 

I wish that there was a reason for dungeons, I wish that there were more than a handful of different equipment items, but sadly that is not the case. 

if it doesnt have pve content to sustain, it will die.....quickly.  Except for that small handful of die hards that roam for hours looking for someone else roaming, both looking for pvp.   

Truth.

Edited by Sephrinx

Posted (edited)

Literally every group encounter I have enjoyed has had the instance layout/design as a key component to the boss fights & has been key to the total enjoyment. Sure you can design this exact layout in the open world, but unless you completely fail at designing group pve content, you'll have hundreds of groups wanting to participate in a 10-45 minute group of boss fights that can only handle one group at a time. 

Now the one example that might meet compromise is an open world dungeon 6 different groups of 6 per instance. 1 group in each boss room at a time & access to a separate 6 man (closed world) dungeon deep inside.

https://cynarablog.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/house-of-crom-threshold-of-divinity/

There is no linear progression between all the bosses so you only have to wait if one of the 6 groups happens to be doing the same boss you want to. 

Almost forgot that one since typically only went there to go to the much more enjoyable 'private' instance

Edited by Wabba

Posted (edited)

Well they could make a Huge Castle in 1 spot and make it an instanced raid.

Kind of how Old Karazhan was in WoW.

Edited by MrHmm

Posted (edited)

----- yourself Kuu

Edited by Ruby Diamond

Posted (edited)

The thought of forsaking the beautiful landscapes for another stupid dungeon crawl makes me want to vomit. If you really want dungeons THAT badly, go back to WoW.

I believe that's what KR/JP/RU did only not WoW. Well the vomit part is still only you though, need to get that checked out.

Edited by Kuu
1 person likes this