• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What motivates you?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

As university starts and summer ends, time becomes more of a luxury. I would assume that many can relate to a degree, but that's not the point. Now that i have less free time i realize how spending it grinding pixels is the last thing in my mind. I've been around for the few high's and countless low's of bdo, but the second life picks back up I sorta feel like was such a waste of time.

For people who prioritizes bdo over RL as much as possible to be relevant, why do you do it? BDO was my first pixel grinding type of game and probably the last. /end of rant

Posted

My friend got stabbed last year and died, a wizard stabbed me 4x this morning.

#BlackPerspective

Posted

My friend got stabbed last year and died, a wizard stabbed me 4x this morning.

#BlackPerspective

Cant relate to you, but fair enough reason i suppose.

Posted (edited)

It's all RL, you spent time in your life trying to enjoy a video game.  It wouldn't be any different spending your leisure time listening to music, playing a sport, or out drinking.  If you enjoy it and it's not harmful, success.

Edited by 2Cents
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Finding more absurd ideas applied to this game that I can complain about.

Edited by Kasathar

Posted

My motivation is improving my chara and enjoy myself in the bdo world.I adore bdo world and its rich detail its one of the reasons i log in.No mmo has given me such immersion in AGES

1 person likes this

Posted

I sorta feel like was such a waste of time.

Noooo, really?

Posted

For people who prioritizes bdo over RL as much as possible to be relevant, why do you do it?

My absolute hatred of this game's philosophy and all people that adhere to it. 

also the boobies

Posted (edited)

It's all RL, you spent time in your life trying to enjoy a video game.  It wouldn't be any different spending your leisure time listening to music, playing a sport, or out drinking.  If you enjoy it and it's not harmful, success.

Valid point but i have to disagree. Games such as bdo, strongly suggests that you make the game priority #1. Gaming, reading, music are hobbies that you pick up and drop them, comparing bdo to a healthy hobby is unfair imo.

My motivation is improving my chara and enjoy myself in the bdo world.I adore bdo world and its rich detail its one of the reasons i log in.No mmo has given me such immersion in AGES

Nice to hear you are having a good time. Referring to the opposed question, when do you say ok! im happy with the progress now on to real achievements. No dig or disrespect intended. I honestly am trying to understand the motivation of no lifing a game with no purpose as this is my first real shot at playing an mmo as a main time waster.

Noooo, really?

realy.. :/

Edited by I Kaz I

Posted (edited)

Valid point but i have to disagree. Games such as bdo, strongly suggests that you make the game priority #1. Gaming, reading, music are hobbies that you pick up and drop them, comparing bdo to a healthy hobby is unfair imo

Ever seen a drunk or the habits of general people?  Games in the right situation can build a fun chat environment with group activities and is one of the cheapest hobbies you can have.

Edited by 2Cents

Posted

As university starts and summer ends, time becomes more of a luxury. I would assume that many can relate to a degree, but that's not the point. Now that i have less free time i realize how spending it grinding pixels is the last thing in my mind. I've been around for the few high's and countless low's of bdo, but the second life picks back up I sorta feel like was such a waste of time.

For people who prioritizes bdo over RL as much as possible to be relevant, why do you do it? BDO was my first pixel grinding type of game and probably the last. /end of rant

same question to u, what motivates u to prioritize BDO or RL? 

Posted

Because of boobies

1 person likes this

Posted

Ever seen a drunk or the habits of general people?  Games in the right situation can build a fun chat environment with group activities and is one of the cheapest hobbies you can have.

I will agree with you on this to a degree. My issue with this past summer is that while i made buddies and had fun overall, I also neglected parts of my RL such as the gym, friends and family. I just became lazy due to getting my "accomplishment" high in the game and i see so many ppl living this way through their entire lives. I dont know, maybe I am just trying to access where and how i got caught up in this cycle for 2 entire months, or maybe im just having mmo remorse. :)

Posted

Because of boobies

8dU31Se.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

I find it interesting that some people say "boobies"...RL boobies are so much better...motorboating...omg! ^_^

Posted

I find it interesting that some people say "boobies"...RL boobies are so much better...motorboating...omg! ^_^

3DPD

Posted

The scenery, ive never played an mmo thats very detailed than BDO. I went for a walk today, and saw a clothingline...  some people close by with no quests or anything, dialog is just them talking about the location. Ive never played a game with this much details

Posted

I will agree with you on this to a degree. My issue with this past summer is that while i made buddies and had fun overall, I also neglected parts of my RL such as the gym, friends and family. I just became lazy due to getting my "accomplishment" high in the game and i see so many ppl living this way through their entire lives. I dont know, maybe I am just trying to access where and how i got caught up in this cycle for 2 entire months, or maybe im just having mmo remorse. :)

The stronger you are in game, the weaker you are IRL

Posted

brah I bench 300 ez

Posted

If you are asking these kinda questions OP, it's past time to move on.  

Posted

nah dude, i know i can jump higher than mountains

Posted

dressing up as a beautiful woman and having people hit on me....

Posted

Valid point but i have to disagree. Games such as bdo, strongly suggests that you make the game priority #1. Gaming, reading, music are hobbies that you pick up and drop them, comparing bdo to a healthy hobby is unfair imo.

Nice to hear you are having a good time. Referring to the opposed question, when do you say ok! im happy with the progress now on to real achievements. No dig or disrespect intended. I honestly am trying to understand the motivation of no lifing a game with no purpose as this is my first real shot at playing an mmo as a main time waster.

realy.. :/

No offense! well im a pretty old school rpg'er played alot of tabletop D&D back in the day,and then MUDS then when mmos became a thing I began playing em too.I enjoy inmersing myself in the game world,and as for aspirations,im the type that wants to develop my main chara as much as I can,but I also do other things,lifeskills,whale hunting ect.And for the "nolifing" part.Life is what you make of it,nothing more,nothing less.Spending time playing a game,as long as it entretains you and you enjoy what your doing,its as valid as going out to the pub for enjoyment,or doing any other recreational activities.Its not any less.So if you do something that you enjoy and your not hurting others,its all good!

Posted

Shia LeBeouf "do it" video (✿◡‿◡)

Posted (edited)

yHOLsGf.jpg

Edited by irrelevant
3 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0