• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ridiculously expensive pearl shop items.

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Wildstar started out with those features, sadly they imploded, in large part due to no endgame.

Why do you think they had no endgame? Probably because they were too focused on QoL mechnics like those!!

All in good time, I think people don't give games enough time to mature.

Posted

I would gladly pay that in this game to get: too many outfits/looks/whatever to count and the ability to make the armor I am wearing look like any of it, the ability to change my appearance at will, the ability to respec when needed, access to countless mounts/pets, etc., you get the picture.....M

Perhaps but this is not how business model works nowadays. If a game like world of warcraft was launched today with the same business model as it is now it wouldnt be such a big hit. if BDO was sub based it would be dead.

1 person likes this

Posted

Perhaps but this is not how business model works nowadays. If a game like world of warcraft was launched today with the same business model as it is now it wouldnt be such a big hit. if BDO was sub based it would be dead.

I think people would pay a sub fee for a mmo that is revolutionary for the time, as mmo's were years ago. Perhaps an mmo with VR like experience, including player to player audio built in. Current new mmo's are mostly just clones and hardly worth any type of fee.

Posted

I think people would pay a sub fee for a mmo that is revolutionary for the time, as mmo's were years ago. Perhaps an mmo with VR like experience, including player to player audio built in. Current new mmo's are mostly just clones and hardly worth any type of fee.

I would personnaly play a mmo that has lore and progression mechanics (enchant , gear progression , group finding system) like WOW and graphic like BDO , I dont need or want something revolutionary I just want something nice to look at while having fun pve'ing :P

Posted

Yay, another person beating an already brutalized dead horse.

And thats a prime example why Companys can take "every" Price they want.

Posted

Get to level 56
Farm elrics or something for a couple hours
Buy said costume from a whale

Its just how it is TC in this game.  If you don't agree with the cash shop, dont play.    The games pay to win anyway so its not worth playing.  There are many other MMO's out there with a fairly priced cash shop.  This game is nothing special anyway.  PVE is trash, PVP is not good enough to be the sole reason to play the game.  A lot of the life skills are fun, but without any meat to the game theres really point in grining up crafting and stuff.  The whole game is just a money grab despite all the BS daum said prior to launch.  Everything is about spending real dollars to convert into in game gold to buy the best gear in the game.

Also, WoW is very cheap to play, you dont have to buy the base and expacs seperately.  if you spend $40 or whatever on the newest expac you get everything.  Plus if your like me and play WoW every couple years you get everything that is new for free except the newest expac.

Posted

Want me to piss you off even more?!

EU get's screwed some more since these idiots made the US and EU prices the same.... BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW

US$ = EU EURO (Sorry don't know the sign and too lazy to look it up lol)

I mean how this doesn't bother Europeans is amazing, except you really can't do anything about it.

It's like PA doesn't know there are different currencies with different values... so I guess they aren't familiar with...

http://www.forex.com/

You guys are literally overpaying for each cash shop item compared to U.S!

You do realise it's becaus of the VAT right .... blame the EU for that one

1 person likes this

Posted

Can I remind you guys that to some people $30 = $3...  Or less, way less...  Poor people complaining that they are poor...  No...  You don't say...  What else is new.

Posted (edited)

You do realise it's becaus of the VAT right .... blame the EU for that one

Nope, unless you are saying the VAT increases or decreses exactly the same as the value of $ to Euro.

In other words, you guys should be getting a discount as the Euro is more valuable than the dollar, but they are to lazy to do that.

Also, you don't think they pay Taxes in the U.S? What Eu is the only one with VAT?

You guys are getting screwed by laziness on their part!

Edited by Pavo

Posted

Hey

I'd like to share my notice. I mean price of pearls and items from pearl shop. It's some kind of Joke I think...I do understand such thing in F2P games...but we all PAID for this game and not so cheap if I may add...So Can somebody tell me...why the hell 1 single costume costs 3000 pearls?! (2700 now with discount). It's 30 Euro. It means It's more expensive than entire full game!! WTF? Oo are you crazy?...

A normal costume costs 29€ it was even changed from 31€ I think, cause all the players were raging that a single costume costs more than the game which is dumb.

But yes you are right, the pearl shop items are highly overpriced but there is nothing you can do since there are a lot of players that buy them so they will not get cheaper unless there are some events like right now with the discount.

All you can do is.....

AATM.jpg

Posted (edited)

How many years had WoW been going before all those features mentioned were implemented??

Stop comparing new games to a decade old game.

Did I say  WoW? Wildstar has these things, its not decades old. Tera, again not decades old. Most games have that stuff. But to answer your question WOW had all the stuff I listed  except the ability to change the appearance of the gear you are wearing (transmogrifying) and the barber shop to change your avatars appearance. But when WoW released those things werent really a "thing" yet. They were actually late to add transmogging, by then other games were doing it for the most part, but they did add it. You make it sound like if we give this game enough time they will add tons of different armor looks and will let  us respec and go to a barber shop for in game currency and we both know better than that. All Im saying is I would happily pay more for these things to be in game...M

I agree with you. People now days just dont want to pay a sub, for the most part. /shrug But that doesnt stop them from having more armor choices and respeccing and all of those things I listed available in game without spending real money to get them. M

Edited by Hippiechick64

Posted

Don't worry it'll go f2p in another 6 months if they keep the prices this high.

Posted

internet.thumb.png.e0bc2aff2e9391377ff7c

dude you need to use chrome...

Posted

Did I say  WoW? Wildstar has these things, its not decades old. Tera, again not decades old. Most games have that stuff. But to answer your question WOW had all the stuff I listed  except the ability to change the appearance of the gear you are wearing (transmogrifying) and the barber shop to change your avatars appearance. But when WoW released those things werent really a "thing" yet. They were actually late to add transmogging, by then other games were doing it for the most part, but they did add it. You make it sound like if we give this game enough time they will add tons of different armor looks and will let  us respec and go to a barber shop for in game currency and we both know better than that. All Im saying is I would happily pay more for these things to be in game...M

I agree with you. People now days just dont want to pay a sub, for the most part. /shrug But that doesnt stop them from having more armor choices and respeccing and all of those things I listed available in game without spending real money to get them. M

The whole concept of the armor mechanic in BDO is that you keep the same set from start to finish and it can be transfered to your alts. they could add exclusive costume (no stats) that can be aquired from bosses.

Posted

The whole concept of the armor mechanic in BDO is that you keep the same set from start to finish and it can be transfered to your alts. they could add exclusive costume (no stats) that can be aquired from bosses.

Im going to disagree here. I think the concept is "limit the looks so badly that people will spend money on the cash shop to look different". Yes, now you can get costumes with in game currency but that is my theory on the original concept. Now it is "Most people who are going to buy costumes have so lets let them sell them in game so we can continue to make money off them".  M

Posted

EU get's screwed some more since these idiots made the US and EU prices the same

Don't know why you're complaining, the UK gets screwed the post seeing as the £ has dropped in value (although climbing back) against the Euro so now we're paying even more to get pearls.

Back on topic, never understood the mentality of "pearls are too expensive". If you think they're too much then don't buy them, if you still want them then go earn some more money. Expensive is a relative term, what one person finds as too much can be too little to another person. You're not forced to purchase pearls and can play the game without them.

MORE than 11% of the game's population were using the cash shop in March and the revenue from the game has doubled since March 2016; evidently some people don't think the cash shop is too expensive. :) 

Posted (edited)

Im going to disagree here. I think the concept is "limit the looks so badly that people will spend money on the cash shop to look different". Yes, now you can get costumes with in game currency but that is my theory on the original concept. Now it is "Most people who are going to buy costumes have so lets let them sell them in game so we can continue to make money off them".  M

you missed the part where i said that it would be nice to have boss drop unique costume that has no stats. Dont u dare quote me but not read me fully !!!!!!

Want me to piss you off even more?!

EU get's screwed some more since these idiots made the US and EU prices the same.... BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW

US$ = EU EURO (Sorry don't know the sign and too lazy to look it up lol)

I mean how this doesn't bother Europeans is amazing, except you really can't do anything about it.

It's like PA doesn't know there are different currencies with different values... so I guess they aren't familiar with...

http://www.forex.com/

You guys are literally overpaying for each cash shop item compared to U.S!

In a lot of European countries the minimum wage is higher than the minimum wage in US/Canada and the Euro is higher than the US dollar so for 20$ you're only paying 17Euro and if your minimum salary is higher than the US/Canada then you actualy benefits from that .

I only did a quick research but from what I gather I don't think you have anything to complain about.

Edited by BBgone

Posted

Holy crap do people not understand currencies or what I wrote?

I was saying that if the OP thinks pearl shop items are expensive, they are actually even more expensive if you live in the EU, which from his post I gathered he did.

Since the Euro is worth more than the $, one price should be less than the other. The fact that they lazily made it the same price for both currencies is pretty pathetic and shady too.

I wasn't even complaining LOL I was pointing that out in the spirit of his OP!

Jeeze and the B.S. reason to justify this is beyond laughable.  It's outright laziness and I have never seen any other company do it. Either a company charges in one currency and let's the customer deal with the exchange/ fees with their bank/ cc, or they adjust the price based on the value/ taxes of said currency.

Is this really so complex and complicated to think about or do? Every other company I have seen, until this particular one adjusts the price based on the value of said currencies against their home currency.. which in this case would be Korea, since that's where they are based and launched the game first and than base it on the Korean Won? Exchange rate.

Hey if this is all too complicated, sorry for chiming in!

you missed the part where i said that it would be nice to have boss drop unique costume that has no stats. Dont u dare quote me but not read me fully !!!!!!

In a lot of European countries the minimum wage is higher than the minimum wage in US/Canada and the Euro is higher than the US dollar so for 20$ you're only paying 17Euro and if your minimum salary is higher than the US/Canada then you actualy benefits from that .

I only did a quick research but from what I gather I don't think you have anything to complain about.

You need to reread and understand what I typed.  How you think that a product sold in different countries is magically going to cost the same amount in different currencies, regardless of taxes, fees, etc.. is beyond me...

So you are trying to sell me the idea that magically $30 = 30 Euros with the associated taxes!!!

LOL

Posted

Wow, I didn't know EU gets screwed with the currency rate. That's unbelievably bad. Another reason to hold out from throwing money at Duam, cus daaammmmn.

Posted

For me the game got a LOT less expensive since people are using their own money to give me costumes for only 20kk silver.

I've already saved like 90€ pearls because i could just buy the costumes from the marketplace. :ph34r:

Posted

Heaven forbid you help pay for the cost of keeping the game running and keeping the Devs paid for working.

Yea that one time $30 purchase for sure was going to keep the game running for at least a few years.

Cmon-Son.gif

but they said that less than half of the "little 30$" sales was enough to keep the game running for two years

Posted

Holy crap do people not understand currencies or what I wrote?

I was saying that if the OP thinks pearl shop items are expensive, they are actually even more expensive if you live in the EU, which from his post I gathered he did.

Since the Euro is worth more than the $, one price should be less than the other. The fact that they lazily made it the same price for both currencies is pretty pathetic and shady too.

I wasn't even complaining LOL I was pointing that out in the spirit of his OP!

Jeeze and the B.S. reason to justify this is beyond laughable.  It's outright laziness and I have never seen any other company do it. Either a company charges in one currency and let's the customer deal with the exchange/ fees with their bank/ cc, or they adjust the price based on the value/ taxes of said currency.

Is this really so complex and complicated to think about or do? Every other company I have seen, until this particular one adjusts the price based on the value of said currencies against their home currency.. which in this case would be Korea, since that's where they are based and launched the game first and than base it on the Korean Won? Exchange rate.

Hey if this is all too complicated, sorry for chiming in!

You need to reread and understand what I typed.  How you think that a product sold in different countries is magically going to cost the same amount in different currencies, regardless of taxes, fees, etc.. is beyond me...

So you are trying to sell me the idea that magically $30 = 30 Euros with the associated taxes!!!

LOL

First of all I don't know why you are complaning so hard. I made a mistake I should have selected a european contry before I made my post but Im from canada and I still have to pay US dollar so I assumed that it was the same for Europe as well so there is no reason to be so salty about this. Also , yeah you are complaning and you're really bad at it because you bring shitty argument .

You are mad now because you are not paying the equivalent of the US dollar and you're paying 30 Euros but if they did make you pay US dollar and the Euro would drop then you would still be complaning so what's the point ? Most european contries are being paid more than any state in the US so are you really complaning about 15% when canada pays 50% more than all the other contries

Posted (edited)

First of all I don't know why you are complaning so hard. I made a mistake I should have selected a european contry before I made my post but Im from canada and I still have to pay US dollar so I assumed that it was the same for Europe as well so there is no reason to be so salty about this. Also , yeah you are complaning and you're really bad at it because you bring shitty argument .

You are mad now because you are not paying the equivalent of the US dollar and you're paying 30 Euros but if they did make you pay US dollar and the Euro would drop then you would still be complaning so what's the point ? Most european contries are being paid more than any state in the US so are you really complaning about 15% when canada pays 50% more than all the other contries

Please learn how to comprehend what you read.... you French Canadian and don't understand English?

Reread the Op too.

I'm making fun of Kakao laziness, yet you see a complaint thread... LOL

Please go back to school and understand currencies.... LOL

Boy can you please ignore me as you don't seem to understand what you read! 

Oh ya, I'm from the U.S. but for the 3rd time, I wrote my original post, because unlike you I can use my brain and saw he was from EU and was complaining about expensive pearl shop items and didn't even mention getting screwed on the exchange rate...

Guess you didn't understand that even when I repeated it a 2nd time and now a 3rd time.

Do you understand the spirit of my posts or just want to misunderstand them so you can talk shit to me about being salty while you are being salty about thinking I am being salty...

Hypocrite much?!

What part of EU is getting screwed because Kakao decided to make it the same EXACT price REGARDLESS OF EXCHANGE RATE... 

Oh, NM you don't get it and just want to talk smack to me over what you don't understand LOL!

Also how you took my posts as complaints when they are MAKING FUN OF KAKAO and pointing out to OP that if he thinks that is expensive how about this...

How you took that as a complaint just shows your lack of understanding what you read!

Edited by Pavo

Posted

Please learn how to comprehend what you read.... you French Canadian and don't understand English?

Reread the Op too.

I'm making fun of Kakao laziness, yet you see a complaint thread... LOL

Please go back to school and understand currencies.... LOL

Boy can you please ignore me as you don't seem to understand what you read! 

Oh ya, I'm from the U.S. but for the 3rd time, I wrote my original post, because unlike you I can use my brain and saw he was from EU and was complaining about expensive pearl shop items and didn't even mention getting screwed on the exchange rate...

Guess you didn't understand that even when I repeated it a 2nd time and now a 3rd time.

Do you understand the spirit of my posts or just want to misunderstand them so you can talk shit to me about being salty while you are being salty about thinking I am being salty...

Hypocrite much?!

What part of EU is getting screwed because Kakao decided to make it the same EXACT price REGARDLESS OF EXCHANGE RATE... 

Oh, NM you don't get it and just want to talk smack to me over what you don't understand LOL!

Also how you took my posts as complaints when they are MAKING FUN OF KAKAO and pointing out to OP that if he thinks that is expensive how about this...

How you took that as a complaint just shows your lack of understanding what you read!

Let me explain you something

Here in Canada, we don't have a set price so we don't pay 30 CAD so we pay 30USD so we end up paying more

in Europe people do pay a set price so 30Euro is 30Euro no matter how their currency change . Yes, today their Euro is higher but tomorrow it may not be and it doesn't matter because it's their currency so it doesn't matter how much their euro cost because they are not exchanging so it doesn't hurt their wallet . On the other hand, Canada is greatly affected by the fluctuation of the currencies so we're the one who should be complaining and asking for set prices.

Posted

internet.thumb.png.e0bc2aff2e9391377ff7c

dude you need to use chrome...

more like firefox, just because of all-in-one-sidebar

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0