• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ridiculously expensive pearl shop items.

60 posts in this topic

Posted

748.gif

Posted

more like firefox, just because of all-in-one-sidebar

NetGold.png

Let's go back to this instead..

Posted (edited)

Let me explain you something

Here in Canada, we don't have a set price so we don't pay 30 CAD so we pay 30USD so we end up paying more

in Europe people do pay a set price so 30Euro is 30Euro no matter how their currency change . Yes, today their Euro is higher but tomorrow it may not be and it doesn't matter because it's their currency so it doesn't matter how much their euro cost because they are not exchanging so it doesn't hurt their wallet . On the other hand, Canada is greatly affected by the fluctuation of the currencies so we're the one who should be complaining and asking for set prices.

WHOOOSH!!!

Look I'm not trying to call name or be mean, but are you dense?  

That's why companies charge in, let's say $, and not in 10 different currencies and let YOU THE CUSTOMER DEAL WITH THE EXCHANGE RATE AND FEES or

Companies choose a number in their currency and than exchange that rate into whatever other currency they deal with AT THAT SPECIFIC LAUNCH TIME AND THAT PRICE IS SET IN STONE OFF THE BASE CURRENCY AND THE EXCHANGE RATE AT THAT TIME.

Now obviously the FORMER is the easiest as that way you are always getting the amount you want in your currency and you let customers and banks deal with the exchange rate at the TIME OF PURCHASE.

IS THAT REALLY THAT COMPLICATED!?!?! THE ----- LOL

Now what LAZY KAKAO DID IS CHOOSE AN ARBITRARY NUMBER OF $30 and also CHOSE TO USE AN ARBITRARY 30 IN EUROS!!!

AND YOU ARE TRYING TO JUSTIFY THIS AS THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN TAXES OR SOME NONSENSE? 

Do you even understand how taxes and tariffs work? Your ignorance is astounding and how you can misunderstand me 4 times now is pathetic...

Or you are trolling me lol 

Half of what you said doesn't apply as I was just pointing out to the OP that if he thinks shop is expensive it's funny that he is actually also being screwed with the Kakaos non existent exchange rate between $ and Euro.

Are you really trying to sell me the idea that $30 = 30 euros because of taxes?!?!

LOL 

Also it's funny you mention Canada, as when I go skiing to Whistler each year I use my citi world master card... You know why? It has no fees and that way whenever I make a purchase in Canada my CC exchanges the rate based on the closing of the currencies THAT EXACT DAY.

So the Canadian vendors don't care because they are always getting paid their asking price in C$ and I deal with the exchange rate on my end.

EEEZZEE PEEZZEEE

Edited by Pavo

Posted

Pavo, if BDO players were good at maths, they wouldn't be playing the game! :P

There also seems to be a lack of humor, especially the more subtle kind. Parody and irony don't play well here.

Posted

NetGold.png

Let's go back to this instead..

never new that one, but i dont see the issue with firefox so far ^^

Posted

Heaven forbid you help pay for the cost of keeping the game running and keeping the Devs paid for working.

Yea that one time $30 purchase for sure was going to keep the game running for at least a few years.

Cmon-Son.gif

t

h

i

s

this

this

this

#Developer/DesignerLivesMatterToo.
#DevsNeedCoffee.
#CodeDon'tCodeItself....Yet.

Posted

never new that one, but i dont see the issue with firefox so far ^^

Ohh no, you dont know the joys of trying to browse the internet on Netscape on a 56k modem?

Ahh those soothing sounds of the modem trying to connect and reconnect just so I could play Subspace lol.

Couldn't "sneak" getting on the internet while your parents were sleep without muffling the modem in some blankets. Hahah those were some fun times

Posted

WHOOOSH!!!

Look I'm not trying to call name or be mean, but are you dense?  

That's why companies charge in, let's say $, and not in 10 different currencies and let YOU THE CUSTOMER DEAL WITH THE EXCHANGE RATE AND FEES or

Companies choose a number in their currency and than exchange that rate into whatever other currency they deal with AT THAT SPECIFIC LAUNCH TIME AND THAT PRICE IS SET IN STONE OFF THE BASE CURRENCY AND THE EXCHANGE RATE AT THAT TIME.

Now obviously the FORMER is the easiest as that way you are always getting the amount you want in your currency and you let customers and banks deal with the exchange rate at the TIME OF PURCHASE.

IS THAT REALLY THAT COMPLICATED!?!?! THE ----- LOL

Now what LAZY KAKAO DID IS CHOOSE AN ARBITRARY NUMBER OF $30 and also CHOSE TO USE AN ARBITRARY 30 IN EUROS!!!

AND YOU ARE TRYING TO JUSTIFY THIS AS THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN TAXES OR SOME NONSENSE? 

Do you even understand how taxes and tariffs work? Your ignorance is astounding and how you can misunderstand me 4 times now is pathetic...

Or you are trolling me lol 

Half of what you said doesn't apply as I was just pointing out to the OP that if he thinks shop is expensive it's funny that he is actually also being screwed with the Kakaos non existent exchange rate between $ and Euro.

Are you really trying to sell me the idea that $30 = 30 euros because of taxes?!?!

LOL 

Also it's funny you mention Canada, as when I go skiing to Whistler each year I use my citi world master card... You know why? It has no fees and that way whenever I make a purchase in Canada my CC exchanges the rate based on the closing of the currencies THAT EXACT DAY.

So the Canadian vendors don't care because they are always getting paid their asking price in C$ and I deal with the exchange rate on my end.

EEEZZEE PEEZZEEE

I and the OP had an exchange of opinions but I never totally disagree with him so if you may you can just reread what I said to him in multiple replies and stop talking to me like I'm some outer space retard.

Also, I never said that 30$ is equal to 30 Euro because of taxes ... where did you get that from ... I gave you two -----ing example one where there are a set price and one where there is not to make you understand that no matter what they pick there will always be someone who will benefit from it and someone who won't.

Posted (edited)

It won't stop until people stop buying at these prices. The biggest "----- you" imo is items that increase weight and inventory space.  Everyone should be able to get equal weight and inv. space by gaining strength stat and doing quests.   That's the blatant cash grab right there.

Well, that and the fact they release pearl shop items slowly, so u buy shit u don't need or really want while waiting for what you actually wanted.

Edited by Kymaera
Error

Posted

The pearl shop stuff is worth more than the game because the game is so damn cheap 

Ive spend thousands in the pearl shop now, why would my tiny $30 investment warrent hundreds of dollars saved? 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0