• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Video] "Double Lariat" - Kyoukai Territory War 2016-09-10 (Edan)

76 posts in this topic

Posted

"Double Lariat", territory war video for Black Desert Online, Edan (NA) server, 2016/09/10
Recorded by DesireeNA, lvl 56 Witch
Kyoukai: http://kyoukai-pvp.com/forums/
Black Desert Online: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/

This weekend was a double war for Kyoukai. The first half hour (see running timestamp on bottom right) was Kyoukai + TJJTDS vs EvilPhoenix + CoTP + Tenacious for defending Calpheon castle. After Critical finished their Serendia territory war, they joined us in Calpheon and we tagged out to help Breakthrough + ManUp fight for Valencia castle (to return the favour from Breakthrough for Calpheon a few weeks prior) against Gravity + FML. Unfortunately, the "Command to Gather" skill didn't work (apparently it doesn't affect those standing inside a castle, oops) so we all had to run across the entire map on horse/camel to Valencia. Even though war had already been going on for over an hour by the time we arrived, for some reason, we found our virtually undefended fort still at 100%. An hour later, Valencia was in the hands of Breakthrough and Calpheon was still in the hands of Kyoukai.

The title for this video was chosen due to it being a double-feature, as well as in reference to the Vocaloid song of the same name. In making of the video, I also learned about how to post-embed a running timestamp overlay to the footage (bottom right), which I think is really neat since it lets viewers get a better sense of when the shown clips happened during the course of the war. Per feedback from the last BDO war video, I skipped over adding an opening and also chose some more upbeat background music. I'm a huge Armin van Buuren fan, and a few days ago, he just announced a new compilation CD, "A State of Trance - 15 years", featuring a bunch of epic classics. Was split between "We Control the Sunlight" by Aly & Fila and "Awakening" by Rank1 for this video's background music, but went with the former as I think it fit more with the footage. Even though I don't understand the Spanish lyrics, the tune for "Unbreakable" felt pretty fitting as well.

Enjoy!

~Desiree

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Image result for swiper no swiping

Half of Manup base tooken down from spy before it started set us back a bit.When kyoukai came to help, had the stronger members swap to help the parties defending mediah.
O U T S K I L L E D
U
T
Z
E
R
G
E
D

Edited by Wishing

Posted

That siege was incredibly fun for us. Good fight for everyone involved.

Posted

Fun stuff.  Good fights.  <3

Posted

lvl 56? too zerg for me.

Posted

When are we going to see a legit 1v1? ManUp vs Gravity, Kyoukai vs FML or some other shit. These "alliance" fights are fckin lame..

2 people like this

Posted

When are we going to see a legit 1v1? ManUp vs Gravity, Kyoukai vs FML or some other shit. These "alliance" fights are fckin lame..

Never. People don't want pvp, they want "easy-peasy, not even close."

Posted (edited)

Lets all take a moment to remember the first Alliance fight for a castle on Edan and who it was. Hint, it rhymes with hypocravity.

100% agree with your statement though, nobody here wants to PvP, and they happily claim this all the while being some of the biggest hypocrites. 

When enough people have left the game that its dead enough that nobody cares.

I'd of given anything to have a siege 1v1 back in the day on Mango with any guild on this server, but lets not play games here. Everyone knows why people do alliances, they want to PvP without the risk of losing. In the end it comes down to ego and I don't think anyone really can claim themselves 100% free of it at this point. The bigger issue is who started it, as far as I am concerned the people who first opted for alliances are the biggest at fault. Because I'm going to be honest.... when you go the 1vX route, and these clowns who ally up and zerg suicide your tent down then pretend they are somehow better than you 200v100.... that is aids.... and at that point nothing makes me feel better than watching those players now cry when they lose (especially when they hypocritically cry about things they continuously do themselves, its like.... delicious). Kind of like this:

Edited by Huntler

Posted

The Kyou Carry

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

O.o wait weren't you the leader of the biggest zerg? PRX? Also the biggest alliance?  What Huntler said, hypocrite much? 10/10 hypocrite 

Edited by Bigbirdy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Its funny really, after weeks of forum fights with dozens of pages in numerous threads on between Gravity and Man Up - "who is the better guild in a straight up 1v1". An opportunity presents itself. Gravity & FML vs Man Up & Breakthrough. FML had Breakthrough on the defensive end with majority of their siege equipment down and tower starting to take dmg. Gravity had Man up on the defensive as well with their tower at ~50%. The 1v1 that all the forum warriors said they wanted to happen was actually happening and Gravity was winning. Had Kyoukai not tipped the 2v2 to a 3v2 then the fights would have gone very differently. All in all good fight, but I seriously doubt there will ever be the 1v1 that everyone says they want to have. For all the reasons mentioned previously by others. If I'm wrong on any of this, please feel free to let me know.

TL:DR - Gravity was winning the 1v1 vs Man Up. It took the interference of Kyoukai to help them win. 

Edited by Rilok
4 people like this

Posted

I mean BR wouldnt have been on the defensive  if we didnt have to go defend manup after they had most of their base ripped up. Its hard to have a fair 1v1 when the enemy side is using players in the guild to rip shit up. (Even if its not a Gravity spy, either way they saw the base ripped up and took advantage. 

Gravity absord waifu so I think last week would have been a perfect 1v1 before the absorption at this point id say Gravity>Manup but not by much. If manup absorbs a guild equal to Waifu status (which doesnt really exist besides a few guilds that wont break up).

But yes. if Kyokai hadnt shown up it would have been a really hard stale mate. or a lose. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

TL:DR - Gravity was winning the 1v1 vs Man Up. It took the interference of Kyoukai to help them win. 

Prey was winning against us, as our base was down to 50% without much defense, while theirs sat at 90% with the majority. Yet we still turned it around, and may or may not have won before the servers crashed.

There is no way to know if they were winning, because the end result of the claim never happened. They could have done one of many things to turn it around, and so could FML/Gravity before and after we showed up.

Politics and decisions, one if not both of which, were made poorly on both sides. Mistakes were made on both sides, and it happens. 

It's just some people would prefer not to Guild Trading Mission from Iliya island, and have fun.

Edited by Shades

Posted (edited)

I mean BR wouldnt have been on the defensive  if we didnt have to go defend manup after they had most of their base ripped up. Its hard to have a fair 1v1 when the enemy side is using players in the guild to rip shit up. (Even if its not a Gravity spy, either way they saw the base ripped up and took advantage. 

Gravity absord waifu so I think last week would have been a perfect 1v1 before the absorption at this point id say Gravity>Manup but not by much. If manup absorbs a guild equal to Waifu status (which doesnt really exist besides a few guilds that wont break up).

But yes. if Kyokai hadnt shown up it would have been a really hard stale mate. or a lose. 

it would have been a win for gravity lol. Also alot of waifu players went casual or went to other guilds gravity only took a few. kyoukai is a shit tier guild and will always be shit. Suupi said they had alot of fun. So i guess fun is getting rolled hard everytime they pushed into gravitys base while gravity was trying to hold back manup/breakthrough. It is really sad that the 2 best guilds fight each other each week and it always get interupted by the shit guilds. Once server merges come those shit tier guilds wont own castles unless they have 10 ally. "Game is hard" 

Edited by DTI

Posted

Didnt ManUp absorb all of the high geared players from MangoBay?

Posted

Man up probably got more members from skystrike than we got from waifu + they reabsorbed all their players from sleeping forest that they had kicked for mangocucks. Man up had 100 members and gravity had 88. We just didn't feel the need to grab anyone possible to hit 100 and let in disgruntled former members that would uproot our base before the siege, which is likely what happened. Kappa

Posted

it would have been a win for gravity lol. kyoukai is a shit tier guild and will always be shit. Suupi said they had alot of fun. So i guess fun is getting rolled hard everytime they pushed into gravitys base while gravity was trying to hold back manup/breakthrough. It is really sad that the 2 best guilds fight each other each week and it always get interupted by the shit guilds. Once server merges come those shit tier guilds wont own castles unless they have 10 ally. "Game is hard" 

I mean if you actually payed attention you notice that when they actual group up they held strong. Towards the end people just said -----ing and just single ran into the base to do the last bits of dmg. Game is hard?? oGQVBvp.jpg

Posted (edited)

kyoukai is a shit tier guild and will always be shit. Suupi said they had alot of fun. So i guess fun is getting rolled hard everytime they pushed into gravitys base while gravity was trying to hold back manup/breakthrough.

So many inconsistencies in that statement. :\

The video shows we held off Gravity alone for at least 5 minutes, before Keripo skips ten minutes and everyone is there. For that entire time, they had at least three Recovery Centers. (One was hidden behind their Gate at low health.)

So if what you're saying is true, Breakthrough would have been having no issues with FML (because only Gravity was apparently trying to "hold back manup/breakthrough", to just walk through them and come help us, and Man Up's base wouldn't have been in such dis-repair for both sides to just walk away from their base, to 3v1 Gravity. This would imply that FML was a non-participant, and Gravity didn't have the upper hand to begin with. Which isn't the case.

In terms of decisions, FML/Gravity would have two: The first is to attack the losing Man Up's broken base with no defense and half health causing them to DPS race Man Up to death before Gravity, then 2v2 wipe the remaining ones attacking Gravity's base, and then defend/rebuild/offense.

The second, is for FML to assist Gravity with the "3v1" where apparently Kyoukai was never there because of "getting rolled hard every time they pushed into gravitys base". This would make a GIANT cluster of people attacking into each other, and none of it has a positive outcome for Gravity. (It seems this one was picked.)

The correct decision, if you have the supposedly better guilds, is to pick the first. Destroy the people already near destruction, and have Gravity either turtle, or full rush Man Up. Because if your claims are true, that would force the "shit tier" guilds into attacking a majority health base, while two higher tier guilds attacked a half health base with no defenses against the third guild of people spawning with nothing...

That is, if you hadn't ignored our base for near an entire hour defended by, like, two people. >.<

Like I stated on my post above, bad decisions were made on both sides. Learn from it. Progress forward. Attempt to make better decisions. They won't always work out, but learn from them.

Calling people shitty does nothing.

Edited by Shades
1 person likes this

Posted

that was how long ago?? we talkin about recent shit.

Posted (edited)

Lets all take a moment to remember the first Alliance fight for a castle on Edan and who it was. Hint, it rhymes with hypocravity.

100% agree with your statement though, nobody here wants to PvP, and they happily claim this all the while being some of the biggest hypocrites. 

When enough people have left the game that its dead enough that nobody cares.

I'd of given anything to have a siege 1v1 back in the day on Mango with any guild on this server, but lets not play games here. Everyone knows why people do alliances, they want to PvP without the risk of losing. In the end it comes down to ego and I don't think anyone really can claim themselves 100% free of it at this point. The bigger issue is who started it, as far as I am concerned the people who first opted for alliances are the biggest at fault. Because I'm going to be honest.... when you go the 1vX route, and these clowns who ally up and zerg suicide your tent down then pretend they are somehow better than you 200v100.... that is aids.... and at that point nothing makes me feel better than watching those players now cry when they lose (especially when they hypocritically cry about things they continuously do themselves, its like.... delicious). Kind of like this:

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word hypocrite. Not only are you in the current guild leading the zerg charge, but you're now also working with the leader of the original zerg alliance in support. At the same time you are trying to belittle someone else for it? Time for some mental gymnastics ayyyyyyy

I was also one of the people most against allying prx shit zerg at launch. 

Edited by Greggy
2 people like this

Posted

So many inconsistencies in that statement. :\

The video shows we held off Gravity alone for at least 5 minutes, before Keripo skips ten minutes and everyone is there. For that entire time, they had at least three Recovery Centers. (One was hidden behind their Gate at low health.)

did you even watch the -----ing video? yeah kyoukai held strong against the D team of gravity while gravity was still pushing into manups base. The video only shows when kyaokai is attacking with the other guilds.  Also i heard it's hard to hold strong against a guild that is getting attacked on 3 diff sides lol. love idiots who just talk out their ass makes no sense.

Posted

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word hypocrite. Not only are you in the current guild leading the zerg charge, but you're now also working with the leader of the original zerg alliance in support. At the same time you are trying to belittle someone else for it? Time for some mental gymnastics ayyyyyyy

I was also one of the people most against allying prx shit zerg at launch. 

I mean tbh any guild that out numbers you by 5 players is considered a zerg. @Cm_Tytys can we get server merges soon?? would be nice before the entire server dies out.

Posted (edited)

I mean tbh any guild that out numbers you by 5 players is considered a zerg. @Cm_Tytys can we get server merges soon?? would be nice before the entire server dies out.

That's completely irrelevent to this conversation though and justifies nothing I stated.

Edited by Greggy

Posted (edited)

did you even watch the -----ing video? yeah kyoukai held strong against the D team of gravity while gravity was still pushing into manups base. The video only shows when kyaokai is attacking with the other guilds.  Also i heard it's hard to hold strong against a guild that is getting attacked on 3 diff sides lol. love idiots who just talk out their ass makes no sense.

"yeah kyoukai held strong against the D team of gravity"

"The video only shows when kyaokai is attacking with the other guilds"

wut?

"did you even watch the -----ing video?"

You should watch the video (again?). 

My previous post was mainly about the decisions made during those 5-10 minutes of the start of our offense, and as stated, the massive inconsistancies in your claims. Also, less than half of our forces were attacking "the D team of Gravity", as shown IN THE SAME VIDEO you're telling me to watch. The Summon didn't work causing a large portion of our Guild to have to run through the entire map to get to the war. It started with maybe 10 people, and by the time Keripo seems to have shown up, it was about 20-30.

By the time 1:20 comes up, a good portion of our members started arriving, and even more Gravity returned to their base.

Then, it skips 10 minutes. I can't say what happened within those 10 skipped minutes, other than it becoming an attempt at a 3v1. Before Kyoukai decided to let Breakthrough "break through", and we started heading to FML. Then (Edited: Some of, or a large portion of Breakthrough/Man Up got wiped. I personally don't know who, but it was called out in our Teamspeak.) when FML ignored our push, and there wasn't a warning given to Breakthrough/Man Up about this oncoming FML push, we returned to assist. (Not shown in video?)

From there, we turned around, and started to head back to pressure FML+Gravity, (I believe it was around 1:42), when we cleared a good number of FML trying to halt our advance, and Breakthrough+Man Up were also returning.

Edited by Shades

Posted (edited)

"yeah kyoukai held strong against the D team of gravity"

"The video only shows when kyaokai is attacking with the other guilds"

wut?

"did you even watch the -----ing video?"

You should watch the video (again?). 

My previous post was mainly about the decisions made during those 5-10 minutes of the start of our offense, and as stated, the massive inconsistancies in your claims. Also, less than half of our forces were attacking "the D team of Gravity", as shown IN THE SAME VIDEO you're telling me to watch. The Summon didn't work causing a large portion of our Guild to have to run through the entire map to get to the war. It started with maybe 10 people, and by the time Keripo seems to have shown up, it was about 20-30.

By the time 1:20 comes up, a good portion of our members started arriving, and even more Gravity returned to their base.

Then, it skips 10 minutes. I can't say what happened within those 10 skipped minutes, other than it becoming an attempt at a 3v1. Before Kyoukai decided to let Breakthrough "break through", and we started heading to FML. Then (Edited: Some of, or a large portion of Breakthrough/Man Up got wiped. I personally don't know who, but it was called out in our Teamspeak.) when FML ignored our push, and there wasn't a warning given to Breakthrough/Man Up about this oncoming FML push, we returned to assist. (Not shown in video?)

From there, we turned around, and started to head back to pressure FML+Gravity, (I believe it was around 1:42), when we cleared a good number of FML trying to halt our advance, and Breakthrough+Man Up were also returning.

We basically ignored you (Kyoukai) completely and let you slowly destroy our base with like 30 people while 10 defended. We knew as soon as you started coming, our only hope was to finish man up. Congratulations on whittling down an almost undefended base? 

You ruined a 2v2 and now your guild is paying for it being hunted non-stop. You've already abandoned your home channel that was only won by every other good guild dying and have had multiple people gquit. How long till you guys disband completely.

Edited by Greggy
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0