• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Amongst all this negativity, what are your favorite things about BDO?

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

All this negativity going around, let's see what everyone loves about the game.

For me personally, I love the combat which is kind of a given. That and the exploration is on point. Anyway, what does everyone else have to say?

PS I know trolls will be trolls. It is what it is. Carry on. :)

Edited by Anomega

Posted

Cows 

Seriously, having my own cows completes my immersion along with having multiple slaves and living in a farm up on calpheon.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like that I can be a better cook than in real life. ^_^ The amount of selfies I take is unknown.

I personally enjoy the beauty of the game while exploring. 

2 people like this

Posted

The combat system is something I really like. Catching, breeding and training horses is fun too, as an activity, not a business.

Posted

All of the things people have said.. for me its a great game to just go "hang out" in. I always have something to do.  M
"

Posted

I don't listen to those people so (shrug).   What I do enjoy is exploring.  My characters run most of the time and the only place I have not traveled on foot is the desert.  I've skirted the edges but not down the middle.  Running, jumping, climbing,.. it's a blast.  

Breeding and leveling horses is what I have been doing for the last 5-6 weeks.  I like getting them up to a good speed and then ride from Altinova to the western coast without going through a large city.  I used to do that on my motorcycle and this is almost as good.  Cheaper too.  

Posted

I like lamp

Posted

I like the fact that with minimal gear changes i can play multiple chars. If I get tired of combat there are several other things going on; cooking, horses, fishing, farms, I'm trying em all. If I want to say switch from making wagons to armor, I can simply change nodes instead of starting over. Nice looking game, fun to just putter about poking into places. It is an easy game to change direction in, move from city to city, house on a farm, trade one day, be a wagon builder the next.

Posted (edited)

Love the rng in drops. They keep me going. I dont grind for exp, i grind for that blue item that might drop. 

P.s.  i never farm those Ogres. That shite ogre ring never drops.

Edited by metaxa1331
1 person likes this

Posted

Exploring. Horses. Logistic. My baby elephant. Managing and micromanaging different features like imperial tradings and crafting. I start every day thinking "maybe I could go grind a bit" and then I get distracted with so many things. I am never done with all I want to do in game and it still doesnt feel like a chore. 

2 people like this

Posted

I like lamp

I thought Applesause......lots of them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Exploring, combat, graphics, customization of characters, and I have met a lot of good people ^.^

Plus now I can be happy all the shitty ones left after the "p2w" xD

Posted

I like the game because it is a chance to meet friends and new friends :)

Posted

The combat (minus CC system which is dumb but livable), life skills, and ofc looking pretty :) 

Posted

I just love it all.  Still needs a bit of tweaking and some bugs fixed but overall a great game.  I'm really looking forward to future expansions.

Posted

Graphic, World exploration, combat, awakening weapons, afk mode progression and all the other life skills activities.... basically everything..

Posted

There is much to love about Black Desert in my opinion. I love the combat its the most fun I have had combatwise in an MMO. I love the vast, beautiful, seamless world. I love that there is no fast travel. I know some people hate it but I love it. I love running from place to place and feeling like I am part of this world I am traveling through and seeing all the interesting sights there are to see as I go from place to place. The horse training and breeding which was what initially brought me here is one of my favorite things. I also love the workers and node system its so interesting to be able to manage all of these different facets of the game. I never get bored and always find something new and interesting to do.

Posted (edited)

Graphics are great combat is pretty go really have no complaints about it.

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

When you pop that tet zarka for the 3rd time yet to fail it on pen oh well ... Love and hate , love and hate , they come together ...

Posted

I agree with the army of slaves, that is fun. And turning them into alcoholics who can't function without a drink.

I also enjoy the sound foxes make as you kill and flay them.

The face customization is endlessly fun, I spend way too much time in that window. I'm not at all good at it, which I suspect is why it takes so long hehe. But it is fun.

Catching horses and just watching them run and jump. I dunno about breeding because I STILL have never caught a mare.

I love having my level 20-ish alts in the desert making tens of millions of silver while people complain that "an under 56 doesn't belong in the desert" or "you have nothing to do out here" etc.

But most of all, I love that I can play the game I want and all the power imbalances awakening weapons, enchanting BS has no impact whatsoever on me. It's a lot like this comic from XKCD: http://www.xkcd.com/359/ The game I play and the game most people complain about are totally different. Sucks to be them, their game sounds not fun at all. Excuse me while I go have fun.

Posted

that i can dress up as the lovely woman that I always wanted to be and troll men.

Posted

I like the variety of things to do, from lifeskills to grinding (yeah I'm weird that way).  Have enjoyed roleplaying with friends and practicing getting rekt in PvP with guildies in the practice arenas.  I die well. ^.^

Posted

I love all the P2W features, they made my life so much easier :D.

Posted

Horse breeding.

Making money through my node empire.

Exploring the stunningly beautiful world.

Horse breeding.

The way my character jumps and screams when I get rare drop

Riding my two-seater with my boyfriend behind me, while he's enthusiastically screaming threats to some non-existent robbers (yeah, the nub is role-player)

Dying from thrist in the desert, while we're swimming in a lake in the oasis. And I lose my most expensive crystal. ("Totally not my fault! At least we died in each other's arms!")

Did I mention horse breeding?

All these crazy titles, popping up when you don't expect.

So many things to do.

And of course, horse breeding!

2 people like this

Posted

Dying from thrist in the desert, while we're swimming in a lake in the oasis. And I lose my most expensive crystal. ("Totally not my fault! At least we died in each other's arms!")

This is so adorable :x

2 people like this