• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PSA: Kakao challenging charge backs now

243 posts in this topic

Posted

Just a heads up.  You might need to gather a bit more evidence to get your money back.

Posted

They have been doing that all along.

11 people like this

Posted

I know a few people that Kakao never responded in the time allowed.

Posted

I know a few people that Kakao never responded in the time allowed.

They had too many at once (^_^) They may have been doing it all along, but they still only dedicate a certain amount of resources to handle it.

1 person likes this

Posted

They played the game already.  Nobody lied to them.  They commit fraud demanding refunds NOW.

7 people like this

Posted

3ac67e34497632c44e9ecccb8a8912b9b551a9cd

Posted

They have been doing that all along.

No they did not. Months ago anyone could chargeback and Daum was not contesting. In fact, players were still playing their account weeks after charging back for that same account. I have no idea why their policy changed, just that it did.

Posted

I'm glad. Hopefully those people asking for charge-backs are also penalized from using the mom's credit cards and their uncle's Paypal accounts.

Posted

AND get removed from the forums.  Please, remove them from the forums.

16 people like this

Posted

People still think they can chargeback weeks and even months after buying and using the product?

"Not liking recent changes in a MMO" is surely not a valid reason (like not receiving purchased item or stolen credit card), it's simply a fraud then, if that's your habit you will find yourself banned from all payment services in the future.

11 people like this

Posted

AND get removed from the forums.  Please, remove them from the forums.

i wanna bath in their tears when the realise the charge back did nothing but give them bad credit rating and ruin their chance of getting any sort of loan

5 people like this

Posted

the people who feel like their time have been wasted because of lies and misleading should not only not get punished, but should get compensation for their time loss.

Man do I wish it worked like that....M

Posted

i wanna bath in their tears when the realise the charge back did nothing but give them bad credit rating and ruin their chance of getting any sort of loan

You might want to find a different bathing solution since that is not how chargebacks and credit ratings work.

4 people like this

Posted

I bought a Whopper for lunch because it looked amazing on the TV commercials. It was not as good as advertised and I can't get a chargeback/refund because I already took a bite of it. End of Story.

Posted

I bought a Whopper for lunch because it looked amazing on the TV commercials. It was not as good as advertised and I can't get a chargeback/refund because I already took a bite of it. End of Story.

more like, you ate the whole thing, ordered another burger, ate that too, orded another burger everyday for the next 3 days, then decided you didnt like them anymore and charged back for all the money wasted 

Posted

God you people are so -----ing butthurt and salty

Posted

VERY strongly disagree with both and if the second is correct its a matter for a court room to decide ;)

bring it to court, then.  Any competent judge will throw this case out.  But do try and tell us what happens.

not even close, dude.  You kept eating until it was gone THEN demanded your money back, lol.

Posted

Wanna bet?  I was the manager of Wendy's ages ago.  If anyone brought up a sandwich and they didn't like it we just made them a new one.  End of story.  Heck if they said they ordered a double and they got a single or we charged it as a single we gave them a double.  It didn't happen very much.  It was better to keep the customer and avoid a scene in the store.

Wendy's was very unlike Daum Kakao with a moving target for things like P2W, Awakenings all coming at once and many other "promises" or statements made by them which they failed to keep. 

Nobody is getting their money back for the game now as it is past 6 months so KaKao is now in a weird place where if they ban you from the game for a charge back then I think you can easily get your game money back as they are denying you the content that you purchased. 

I think it is very reasonable now since once again they "lied" mislead about awakening that people have the right to ask for refunds as my class has to wait months while my purchases were based on being able to use those weapons immediately as stated previously.  It is obvious to me and probably to any attorney, Judge and paypal that these little mis steps were done on purpose with the sole reason to milk the player base out of more money.

Nobody is going to court to fight any of this.  The $$$ amounts are not high enough, unless someone gets a class action suit going then maybe.

Posted

Wanna bet?  I was the manager of Wendy's ages ago.  If anyone brought up a sandwich and they didn't like it we just made them a new one.  End of story.  Heck if they said they ordered a double and they got a single or we charged it as a single we gave them a double.  It didn't happen very much.  It was better to keep the customer and avoid a scene in the store.

Wendy's was very unlike Daum Kakao with a moving target for things like P2W, Awakenings all coming at once and many other "promises" or statements made by them which they failed to keep. 

Nobody is getting their money back for the game now as it is past 6 months so KaKao is now in a weird place where if they ban you from the game for a charge back then I think you can easily get your game money back as they are denying you the content that you purchased. 

I think it is very reasonable now since once again they "lied" mislead about awakening that people have the right to ask for refunds as my class has to wait months while my purchases were based on being able to use those weapons immediately as stated previously.  It is obvious to me and probably to any attorney, Judge and paypal that these little mis steps were done on purpose with the sole reason to milk the player base out of more money.

Nobody is going to court to fight any of this.  The $$$ amounts are not high enough, unless someone gets a class action suit going then maybe.

they have no obligation to follow through with future update, things change all of the time in business, kakoa or any other company do not guarentee these future expansions as things are always subject to change.

they guarentee only what is released, and that what you pay for, thats what your get. 

Only things that would warrent this kind of refund is maybe if they removed an entire class from the game or somthing along those lines 

Posted (edited)

they have no obligation to follow through with future update, things change all of the time in business, kakoa or any other company do not guarentee these future expansions as things are always subject to change.

they guarentee only what is released, and that what you pay for, thats what your get. 

Only things that would warrent this kind of refund is maybe if they removed an entire class from the game or somthing along those lines 

There is a right way and a wrong way to handle what they did. They did it a wrong way. For the possible p2w stuff, they gave little information and then edite dto make it even more vague. All they had to do was give not just a number limit but the price limit. Nope, just vague words and silence.

For the awakenings they could have not constantly said they plan to release them all at once. Instead they could have said, in the "best case, they would release them all at once". Then we should not have found out about it from a 3rd party, and they shouldn't be hiding behind technical and testing reasoning since our code is the same as the other regions, and RU got 4 at once. Then backpedaling on their reason to for releasing one at a time by stating they'd release a few classes in pairs just makes their reason look even weaker.

Other companies when they go back on their plans does more than Kakao has. Some even make actually what appear to be heartfelt apologies. In essence they focus on customers, instead of ignoring them. Common business trends in the west has the customer focus proving to actually keep customers far better than not.

Edited by Noth
1 person likes this

Posted

you need to rephrase that or you sound stupid and ignorant ;)

the people who have gotten the enjoyment to validated the price out of the game and still get chargebacks are the bastards.

the people who feel like their time have been wasted because of lies and misleading should not only not get punished, but should get compensation for their time loss.

edit: keep in mind at this point the people who are left can hardly say that it suddenly got p2w if it just stays like this.

They never said "we will never make pearl items tradeable through MP" They said our plan is to do this and that , they never explicitly said that they wouldn't do it so there is no false advertisement . I played aion for 7 years and when the game came out I had to pay for the game and paid for a sub but in 2012 I think or somewhere around that , the game became free to play and highly pay to win and I'm not talking about just things you can sell in game but literally items to increase your enchantment success , leveling boost , drop rate boost and so on and I have never heard anyone saying they requested a chargeback because they felt like they were a victim .

Posted

There is a right way and a wrong way to handle what they did. They did it a wrong way. For the possible p2w stuff, they gave little information and then edite dto make it even more vague. All they had to do was give not just a number limit but the price limit. Nope, just vague words and silence.

For the awakenings they could have not constantly said they plan to release them all at once. Instead they could have said, in the "best case, they would release them all at once". Then we should not have found out about it from a 3rd party, and they shouldn't be hiding behind technical and testing reasoning since our code is the same as the other regions, and RU got 4 at once. Them , then backpedaling on their reason to for releasing one at a time by stating they'd release a few classes in pairs just makes their reason look even weaker.

Other companies when they go back on their plans does more than Kakao has. Some even make actually what appear to be heartfelt apologies. In essence they focus on customers, instead of ignoring them. Common business trends in the west has the customer focus proving to actually keep customers far better than not.

youre not wrong, but poor communication does not warrent a refund, atleast not months after the initial purchase

Posted (edited)

Charging back after playing and not liking the game or the changes it's had, is like ordering food at a restaurant and then not paying because it was shitty food but you ate it anyway. It's illegal. So those that do charge back I can understand why you're doing it, even if it's moronic, but if Kakao/Pearl Abyss challenges it and you get screwed, your fault in the first place. 

Edited by PandaPolishesPotatos

Posted

youre not wrong, but poor communication does not warrent a refund, atleast not months after the initial purchase

When if looks like they have done it for nefarious reasons ie making false statements to keep you playing and or buying things because of an expectation they set is a deceptive business practice and may or may not be completely legal.

As a business they are held to a higher standard than the consumer.  I doubt they could get any worse press coverage of their game so they probably don't care anymore and while at one time I thought they did, I think I was dead wrong.  They were in it purely for the cash grab.

Charging back after playing and not liking the game or the changes it's had, is like ordering food at a restaurant and then not paying because it was shitty food but you ate it anyway. It's illegal. So those that do charge back I can understand why you're doing it, even if it's moronic, but if Kakao/Pearl Abyss challenges it and you get screwed, your fault in the first place. 

If they never mislead people I would agree with you.  Kakao is far from an innocent player in this.

1 person likes this