• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kzarka VS Liverto TEST

41 posts in this topic

Posted

did a dmg comparison test with tri liverto vs tri kzarka 

0ae418834c474c20b287765942e1d719.png

How did you test this? I really hope you had max attack speed, max critical hit rate. If not there is no meaning in doing this.

Posted

You really need a larger sample size. Minimum 100 times.

No, you really don't. Statistical significance is reached a lot sooner than most people think. Often 30 is a good general rule but for things like this probably a lot less. Interestingly there is more variance in the Kzarka data than the Liverto (more than twice standard deviation 5.77 compared to 2.66) which points to some other hidden factor. But both weapons show little variance.

I think it's really good OP took the time to do this, we need a lot more objective data like this than the normal "opinions" and anecdotes people regurgitate.

My main concern is the choice of 0 DP on the target, I would like to have seen a more typical scenario.

Posted (edited)

Its 5% more damge for this specific skill (if its +human dam). +Human damage dont scale like AP, for this reason its not flat +xx% damage modifier.

On big hits like reckless blow it much lower increase. I don't think it will change the number of hits to kill a target. For this reason the "time to kill" is most likely +0%.

that would explain why i only noticed a very small difference with shard explosion. But I tested it in PvE against demi humans. i still believe its all species damage. I remember reading that liverto and kzarka both have hidden all species damage which you can see when someone else in your group attacks mobs with it. I never paid attention to this though.

How did you test this? I really hope you had max attack speed, max critical hit rate. If not there is no meaning in doing this.

he already answered this. the skill has 100% crit, no hits missed and attack speed shouldnt matter because it shows the damage after 1 skill use.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

+Human damage dont scale like AP

It does infact, Multiplicative scaling and all. In a pvp context 1 ap = 1 human damage ; and vice versa. They are virtu-freaken-identical.

In a slightly related note AP is still better than dmg to humans since it affects all targets equally. imo the dev's should buff dmg to humans a bit as to make Yuria accessories worthwhile over Bares accessories.

Posted (edited)

this is the same as my independent results from about a month ago, also with a livert/kzarka amulet.  There is a base dmg increase on kzarka in excess of around 4-5%.  You'd need a lot more data to pinpoint it, but if you look a the min/max hits of each weapon the diff is obvious.  The kzarka has higher min max values, on crits it's really obvious.

Edited by Valnas

Posted

Next, do one with +8 accuracy. Accuracy is better than critical.

Good attempt though

Posted

It does infact, Multiplicative scaling and all. In a pvp context 1 ap = 1 human damage ; and vice versa. They are virtu-freaken-identical.

Absolutely not. Its easy to test.

Replace accessories with identical amount of +HD yuria stuff and see yourself.

Posted

the 3 speed vs 3 crit opens a lot of gear and crystal options for some classes.   Which in turn boosts overall dps

Posted (edited)

Absolutely not. Its easy to test.

Replace accessories with identical amount of +HD yuria stuff and see yourself.

Sorry you are wrong, and if you want proof go check out the work of my Bro hihey54 which illustrates that 1 ap = 1 human dmg. 

This isn't the first time you vomited some random fact/opinion in my posts before and that were incorrect or only slightly truthful. Stop it, you are mis-informing the community, it's hard enough to simply get a clear answer regarding gear or formulaii in this game given it's design, please don't exacerbate this issue by spreading bad information.

Xerise

Edited by remilafo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sorry you are wrong, and if you want proof go check out the work of my Bro hihey54 which illustrates that 1 ap = 1 human dmg. 

This isn't the first time you vomited some random fact/opinion in my posts before and that were incorrect or only slightly truthful. Stop it, you are mis-informing the community, it's hard enough to simply get a clear answer regarding gear or formulaii in this game given it's design, please don't exacerbate this issue by spreading bad information.

Xerise

this needs further testing tbh. if you look at Skeling's test which hihey quoted, there is a small but noticable difference between AP and HD, with AP being slightly better. He tested 24 AP vs 24 HD and had a bigger sample size compared to hihey's 9AP vs 9HD. At the very least HD comes close to AP in those tests, but imo its not clear yet whether they are really identical or not. Id like to see a newer test with high AP/DP values.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

this needs further testing tbh. if you look at Skeling's test which hihey quoted, there is a small but noticable difference between AP and HD, with AP being slightly better. He tested 24 AP vs 24 HD and had a bigger sample size compared to hihey's 9AP vs 9HD. At the very least HD comes close to AP in those tests, but imo its not clear yet whether they are really identical or not. Id like to see a newer test with high AP/DP values.

Fine. I can accept a request for more research. More research is always helpful and needed.  :-)

I do want to point out that with the linked test, the difference in damage is within margin of error.

Posted

No, you really don't. Statistical significance is reached a lot sooner than most people think. Often 30 is a good general rule but for things like this probably a lot less. Interestingly there is more variance in the Kzarka data than the Liverto (more than twice standard deviation 5.77 compared to 2.66) which points to some other hidden factor. But both weapons show little variance.

I think it's really good OP took the time to do this, we need a lot more objective data like this than the normal "opinions" and anecdotes people regurgitate.

My main concern is the choice of 0 DP on the target, I would like to have seen a more typical scenario.

Wow, I never really looked at the standard deviation, I wonder if accuracy effects the damage range on weapons some how? or if theres a hidden weapon range v.v

Posted

Is there still a Kzarka buff planned in KR ?

Posted

Is there still a Kzarka buff planned in KR ?

There never was, it's a rumour that started on forums and there's never been any statement from PA about it

1 person likes this

Posted

There never was, it's a rumour that started on forums and there's never been any statement from PA about it

Good to know, thank you

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0