• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do people really believe this?

197 posts in this topic

Posted

Do people really believe that this game isnt P2W or its just a massive meme?

To me , at least ,  its pretty clear that this game as some P2W features and will keep on adding them but.. Everytime i go on the forums/reddit or in channel chat they seem to be an handful lot of people that can't see it (or just trolling ? )

I really wanna know. Is it a troll or people are that blind?

5 people like this

Posted

people are that blind?

This^

1 person likes this

Posted

I will settle this once and for all...

If you can no-life the game it is not p2w. 

If you cannot it is p2w.

There you have it.

8 people like this

Posted

To me , at least ,  its pretty clear that this game as some P2W features and will keep on adding them but.. Everytime i go on the forums/reddit or in channel chat they seem to be an handful lot of people that can't see it (or just trolling ? )

Some of us come from games that were real P2W. Games with more direct passage of money to power in-game.

To some of us, this is not as bad at all. And to some of us, we understand that because of the game being B2P without a sub, the company will try and make money through the cash shop items.

P2W complainers have been around for a long time, most of them left. Those of us who enjoy the game are still here. If you want to keep bringing up an old topic to wonder why people dont see the same perspective as you, then you will forever be annoyed.

Leave this old dead subject to be dead.

10 people like this

Posted

Some of us come from games that were real P2W. Games with more direct passage of money to power in-game.
To some of us, this is not as bad at all. And to some of us, we understand that because of the game being B2P without a sub, the company will try and make money through the cash shop items.

P2W complainers have been around for a long time, most of them left. Those of us who enjoy the game are still here. If you want to keep bringing up an old topic to wonder why people dont see the same perspective as you, then you will forever be annoyed.

Leave this old dead subject to be dead.

I get it, 19M for 30-40 $ isnt too bad and i agree. Its still a P2W feature tho. Who knows in the near future the price will probably increase. One day it might be 40M for 30-40$ . When this day come will it be finally recognize as P2W to everyone? 

1 person likes this

Posted

When this day come will it be finally recognize as P2W to everyone? 

Players have different levels of blindness. Some can see at 30m and other not until 100m.

Posted

If you cannot it is p2w.

There you have it.

Ok and what if you no life the game and p2w? Now what is it..?

Posted

That's because most people actually enjoy the game...not spend most of their time on forums analyzing every stupid little thing about this "p2w" bs

Let me get this straight, when you login the game ceases to work for you or something? Something stopping you babies from playing? Some invisible force field barring you from the content? I know when I login I can still do everything I want from beta to now.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

That's because most people actually enjoy the game...not spend most of their time on forums analyzing every stupid little thing about this "p2w" bs

Let me get this straight, when you login the game ceases to work for you or something? Something stopping you babies from playing? Some invisible force field barring you from the content? I know when I login I can still do everything I want from beta to now.

Dont worry, i do enjoy the game , i do not spend most of my time on forums but i can clearly see the P2W aspect.

The game works fine to me but is it fair when i farm 1 month to get a piece of gear. One guy can get it instanly by paying real money? I still can do whatever i want but it doesnt change the fact that the game we love is a P2W

Edited by Rebornz

Posted

Do people really have nothing else to do than to cry about some imaginary P2W conspiracy?  Move on.

Posted

I get it, 19M for 30-40 $ isnt too bad and i agree. Its still a P2W feature tho. Who knows in the near future the price will probably increase. One day it might be 40M for 30-40$ . When this day come will it be finally recognize as P2W to everyone? 

"Who knows in the near future the price will probably increase. One day it might be 40M for 30-40$"

I have said this many times, and so have other people. Our prices are capped, they have been capped since they were released for Cash Shop items. The price ratio of our items on the MP are lower than in other versions. Our prices have not increased for Cash Shop items. Reference the dyes if you need to. Also reference costume costs since they were allowed to be sold with what they are today. The prices are still the same.

Speculating that "hey we dont know what the future holds" means nothing to an actual discussion. Because I could say "he we dont know what the future holds, everything can go over as a non issue". So who is right? Neither of us are. The only thing you can do is make an informed decision for yourself. 

Its not P2W for everyone, you are trying to make it that way. Some of us are seasoned MMO players, I've played way to many to list here since EQ days. Out of all the years I have played MMOs, a VAST MAJORITY of player crying and speculation ends up not even happening.

Someone paying for silver in this game to buy gear doesnt mean anything to me. Top tiered people have been kicking my ass in game since they started no-lifing at release. A few people who spent hundreds of dollars to get some marginal victory over me over spending money for a few months? Thats just stupid and a waste of money to me. They can go ahead and keep buying stuff, keeps the game running longer.

Posted

I dont think it is, for the most part, since they added the ability to get the p2w items through in game means. /shrug. M

Posted (edited)

If you cannot it is p2w.

There you have it.

that has nothing to do with anything.

You can no life ArcheAge. Cant you?

Edited by Blademaster1215

Posted

Dont worry, i do enjoy the game , i do not spend most of my time on forums but i can clearly see the P2W aspect.

The game works fine to me but is it fair when i farm 1 month to get a piece of gear. One guy can get it instanly by paying real money? I still can do whatever i want but it doesnt change the fact that the game we love is a P2W

Who cares? If you enjoy the game you'll get it when you get it. The problem is people let it get to them. These people who get everything fast are the ones that quickly become bored anyway

3 people like this

Posted

if you think BDO is p2w then go play perfect world.

Posted

20mil now - 200mil in a few months, they ease the price up slightly like it both KR and RU. The sale value WILL increase as people start clicking on to how much they are wasting, they will stop buying and the value cap will be raised .... We have 2 examples of the future and no one is paying attention.

Posted

that has nothing to do with anything.

You can no life ArcheAge. Cant you?

Not talking about ArchAge.

Is this an ArchAge forum?

Posted (edited)

"Who knows in the near future the price will probably increase. One day it might be 40M for 30-40$"
I have said this many times, and so have other people. Our prices are capped, they have been capped since they were released for Cash Shop items. The price ratio of our items on the MP are lower than in other versions. Our prices have not increased for Cash Shop items. Reference the dyes if you need to. Also reference costume costs since they were allowed to be sold with what they are today. The prices are still the same.

Speculating that "hey we dont know what the future holds" means nothing to an actual discussion. Because I could say "he we dont know what the future holds, everything can go over as a non issue". So who is right? Neither of us are. The only thing you can do is make an informed decision for yourself. 

Its not P2W for everyone, you are trying to make it that way. Some of us are seasoned MMO players, I've played way to many to list here since EQ days. Out of all the years I have played MMOs, a VAST MAJORITY of player crying and speculation ends up not even happening.

Someone paying for silver in this game to buy gear doesnt mean anything to me. Top tiered people have been kicking my ass in game since they started no-lifing at release. A few people who spent hundreds of dollars to get some marginal victory over me over spending money for a few months? Thats just stupid and a waste of money to me. They can go ahead and keep buying stuff, keeps the game running longer.

Doesnt mean anything to you, means a lot to others. To me i dont know what i feel about this. BUUUUUUUT it is a P2W feature. Not as bad as some others games. Not as bad as KR. Still a P2W. 

Price are capped. Thank god but 19M for 30-40$ or 40M for 30-40$ are both the same. They are both coming froma P2W feature. 

The point of my post wasnt to talk about how big of a P2W this game is but more about the people that says that they're is no P2W features in BDO.

Edited by Rebornz

Posted

I think the main problem is that the majority of people that play this game come from terrible P2W experiences like Archage and other free to play Korean "f@ck-your-credit cardu" fests, so this game seems tame in comparison. 

So yes, this guy is f@cking you in the buttholio, but at least uses vaseline, still, it is f@cking you, that is the bottomline (pun intended)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think the minor  p2w aspects wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't a second rate korean f2p that charged a box price. Shoulda been completely f2p like all the other sub par eastern titles. BDO is just Archeage with prettier visuals and less stuff to do, no reason for a box price.

Edited by Callous2208

Posted

if you think BDO is p2w then go play perfect world.

2nd this ... Top gear + enhancements + enchantments is £6000 +
I knew a wealthy man several years ago who had 6 characters fully decked out, he had spent over £200,000 on the game, he practically solo kept servers open. He wasn't the only one i knew with such spending power.

Posted

Posted

the cash shop items are all basically saving time or making something more convenient for the player. actually the game was MORE pay to win before the update, because you really had to PAY to get the benefits. 

Now it's all available to "free" players too, which means the necessity of paying to win is reduced. Which is nice, because i know with certainty that if i suddenly can't afford 20$ for a value pack i can still have one. I really wanted an outfit but couldn't justify spending 30$ on it (Canadian exchange rate). Lucky for me someone could, so i have one "free". How far did my 18 mill take the person who sold it? who knows, i will never even know who posted it. See what happened there? I got a cash shop item without paying cash. the 19 mill the person got did not break the game or make them OP. 

Even if they sold it for 100 mill, RNGesus would claim it all anyways. 

Posted

I think the minor  p2w aspects wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't a second rate korean f2p that charged a box price. Shoulda been completely f2p like all the other sub par eastern titles. 

Then there would be a lot more p2w in the game like the stuff KR has.  There would also be a lot more things behind paywalls, like character customization options etc, like the other versions have.  I prefer this one over the others.

Posted

2nd this ... Top gear + enhancements + enchantments is £6000 +I knew a wealthy man several years ago who had 6 characters fully decked out, he had spent over £200,000 on the game, he practically solo kept servers open. He wasn't the only one i knew with such spending power.

So ? Perfect world was more expensive ? You could pay to get gear just like you can pay to get gear in BDO?

Both are P2W smh.