• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Going Big (Alchemy Stone)!

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I have patiently saved\crafted over 1,000 platinum crystals in efforts to go for a high level alchemy stone of destruction (Gold Sharp or higher).

What I wanted to know is if anybody can share any experience with getting a Sharp or Resplendent or higher stone?

Here's some questions:

Can the color of a stone downgrade?

Would it make sense to get the rarity (color) to gold first, and then just mindlessly go from Sturdy to Sharp?  

Was it pure luck?  Did it take 5-10+ fails before it jumped to Sharp or higher?  What is an ideal situation of a stone that has potential -- I.E. - a rough gold stone?  

FWIW, I am Artisan 5 Alchemy.  Should I get to Master 1 alchemy first before blowing all of these mats?

I really just want a gold colored sharp alchemy stone of destruction.  Any tips are appreciated before I blow up $320+ mil in crystals. 

Thanks!

Posted

I would be interested in hearing the answers to these too since I'm in a fairly similar position.

I just need enough trace of savagery to make enough metal solvent to convert 800 bars to crystals.

Had fairly awful luck so far myself never got a gold stone yet.

The upgrade cost gets steep pretty quickly and I have had runs of more than 15 fails.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I have patiently saved\crafted over 1,000 platinum crystals in efforts to go for a high level alchemy stone of destruction (Gold Sharp or higher).

What I wanted to know is if anybody can share any experience with getting a Sharp or Resplendent or higher stone?

Here's some questions:

Can the color of a stone downgrade?

Would it make sense to get the rarity (color) to gold first, and then just mindlessly go from Sturdy to Sharp?  

Was it pure luck?  Did it take 5-10+ fails before it jumped to Sharp or higher?  What is an ideal situation of a stone that has potential -- I.E. - a rough gold stone?  

FWIW, I am Artisan 5 Alchemy.  Should I get to Master 1 alchemy first before blowing all of these mats?

I really just want a gold colored sharp alchemy stone of destruction.  Any tips are appreciated before I blow up $320+ mil in crystals. 

Thanks!

Yes colour of the stone can downgrade past a certain point. The sharpness of it can also downgrade.
You don't get to choose wether you can upgrade rarity or sharp, it is all RNG.
It is alll pure luck and RNG on upgrading. You could get an upgrade first try or 50 tries later,
I'm artisan 9 alchemy and gave up on doing it a LONG time ago because it's not worth it.

I busted 900 plat crystals, 800 silver crystals and 700ish gold crystals on my destruction stone one day and all I got was a single upgrade to make my stones worth jump from 2 mil to 11 mil. Also busted 500mil worth of mats on a destruction stone to get 2 upgrades and make it worth 11 mil. My highest rate of alchmey stone failures is 40 fails in a row on a destruction stone. Needless to say I realised a long time that those mats could be put to better use.
You could get lucky and not have to use that many mats for it but the fact of the matter is that alchemy stones are a resource sink. You can't use failstacks to upgrade them and the higher the rarity and quality, the more mats you have to use on it. 320+mil worth of mats is not enough to get a good quality alch stone. 

If you want to get a good quality alchemy stone immediately you're better off buying it.
If you want to make one immediately be prepared to shell out a LOT of money, weapon stones and even be forced to buy more alchemy stones because the quality of the ones you have just aren't good enough and you don't get to choose what you want.

Edited by haybreee
2 people like this

Posted

Color CAN'T downgrade if its Yellow its stays like that but the rank can downgrade at Sturdy and Sharp so I advice you to start with lvling a couple of imperfect ones simultanously until you get one to atleast blue then stick with that one till it gets to Sharp. Going for Replendent is not worth it unless you really swim in silver and don't have anything to use it for or you are REALLy lucky. 

Posted

Color CAN'T downgrade if its Yellow its stays like that but the rank can downgrade at Sturdy and Sharp so I advice you to start with lvling a couple of imperfect ones simultanously until you get one to atleast blue then stick with that one till it gets to Sharp. Going for Replendent is not worth it unless you really swim in silver and don't have anything to use it for or you are REALLy lucky. 

Colour and quality BOTH downgrade. Had a guildie with an orange than went back down to blue because he kept trying to upgrade the quality. Colour only downgrades once you get it to orange though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Colour and quality BOTH downgrade. Had a guildie with an orange than went back down to blue because he kept trying to upgrade the quality. Colour only downgrades once you get it to orange though.

at resplendent, it doesnt downgrade anymore it just shatters completely.

Posted

So was anyone else completely disappointed when you made your Gold Sturdy Stone of Destruction only to find out that the "4 attack speed" trait turns out to be "4% attack speed"?  

I was fortunate enough to have one turn last night, but when I looked at the actual buff along the buff list I was so disgusted I almost vendored it.

Posted

So was anyone else completely disappointed when you made your Gold Sturdy Stone of Destruction only to find out that the "4 attack speed" trait turns out to be "4% attack speed"?  

I was fortunate enough to have one turn last night, but when I looked at the actual buff along the buff list I was so disgusted I almost vendored it.

I'll take any attack speed buff that stacks with attack speed 5 and awakening skills thank you very much.

and lol at the thought of anyone vendoring a gold stone.

Posted

I'll take any attack speed buff that stacks with attack speed 5 and awakening skills thank you very much.

and lol at the thought of anyone vendoring a gold stone.

0 phucks given.  4% of 5 stacks of attack speed is how much?  Once you get awakening you are pretty much going to insta gib anyone you CC. If 4% attack speed makes that difference between you win/losing then you're lacking.

What Im saying is that it was a lot of in-game time and money for a very misleading "lost in translation" error.  I ended up keeping it just for the +attack and +acc, but I think for that amount of effort the Sturdy Stone of Protection may have been better.

Posted

0 phucks given.  4% of 5 stacks of attack speed is how much?  Once you get awakening you are pretty much going to insta gib anyone you CC. If 4% attack speed makes that difference between you win/losing then you're lacking.

What Im saying is that it was a lot of in-game time and money for a very misleading "lost in translation" error.  I ended up keeping it just for the +attack and +acc, but I think for that amount of effort the Sturdy Stone of Protection may have been better.

Maybe my understanding of how attack speed works is wrong, I have been assuming it provides an exponential growth in the number of attacks you make in the same way that the life skill reductions provide an exponential increase to your crafting speed.

But currently you are probably right that it really doesn't matter atm since any CC will usually allow you to kill your opponent.

I almost never use my destruction stone as I just find the 90 weight limit increase my life stone provides is just more useful when grinding.

Posted

I got really lucky and with 100 pure platinum crystals I got a gold sturdy destruction

Spent 160 sturdy acacia and got a blue sturdy protection, didnt feel as lucky with this one but ill keep trying to upgrade it to gold, 80% til it delevels to polished and then 150% after that til gold sturdy

Im afraid to go past sturdy on the destruction crystal

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0