• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[OOC] EU roleplayers, say hello!

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Building EU connections.
Main EU Server: Jordine, Serendia J1 and sometimes Serendia J2.

I think it's known by most roleplayers that, when a game splits based on region, the NA roleplay community tends to be larger than the English-EU one. This leads to many forum posts being assumed NA by default and it can be a little overwhelming for EU people trying to find their footing. With that in mind, I thought it'd be a good idea to start up a thread specifically for EU roleplayers to congregate, to introduce themselves and to start making connections. I've seen a lot of lost EU roleplayers around, so hopefully this will help bring people together. 

We have an EU community forming over on blackdesertroleplayers.com as well, for those who are interested.
It's small right now, but it can grow with your input.

-

So uh, to introduce myself, I'm Faine and I'm an EU moderator for blackdesertroleplayers.com. I've been roleplaying for about ten years now, first in forum and tabletop sessions and now in MMOs as well in more recent years. I'm originally from the UK but I'm currently living with my Dutch fiancé in the Netherlands (who, incidentally, I met through roleplay eight years ago). I spend more time writing, reading and roleplaying in my free time than anything else so you could say I'm pretty passionate about the hobby... oooorrrrr a complete and utter nerd. You could say that too.

Anyway, I've been watching Black Desert for a long time now and I'm eager to see it do well. With the exception of a few missing tools (lack of /e I'm looking at you) it's a wonderfully immersive game for roleplay. I've got a variety of characters in the works at the moment and I look forward to meeting you all.

-

Please note: this is not a thread to discuss the pros and cons of EU people playing on an NA server. Between bad ping, timezones and other reasons, many EU roleplayers will be playing on the EU server and this is a thread to help them connect with others doing the same thing. That's all. Please be nice. Thank you.

Edited by Faine
16 people like this

Posted

Obosi here!

Been roleplaying for many years, across every medium there is. Really keen on this game being the new bastion for RPers everywhere. I haven't played it yet, so in CBT2 I will be focusing on testing every RP-related mechanic of the game and getting to grips with the lore. From what I've seen, thus far, it has me very excited at the prospect of RP. And PvP. And PvE.

I would urge everyone on the roleplay forums, who are going into CBT2, to think about the global MMORP community and report back to them what you can. Most have not even heard of this game, let alone know of it's potential for RP. I also hope that the EU side is going to be thriving in this and I have nothing but positive things to say about EU RP (yes, Silversnake...even about you...wherever you are).

The main thing that has me nervous is the server configuration that they may decide upon. Done badly, the way Guild Wars 2 eventually went, it could mean that players may literally not be able to find one another or guild events cannot be attended by everyone. That would very much suck! Let's hope we get a break in this department.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you all around the way. :D

2 people like this

Posted

Montar reporting in.

Been playing a bit on and off for a few years *cough*

(don't listen to me, been playing D&D since 2.ed, LARP around 16 years and MMORPGs since 1 week before I met Obosi online back around patch 1.2 in another games vanilla days ;)  )

Looking forward to hopefully get a lot of new friends while finding myself in too many facepalm situations, most likely in the area of the gentleman posting just before me.

ps: from Denmark and might in the older part of players with me being almost 47.

2 people like this

Posted

Tea here~

Never really had much luck finding roleplaying communities for MMOs, mostly because I never think to look which server ya'll are congregating on. I've got a lot of experience on forum based RPs though, so I should pick things up fairly quickly if I can get in with you guys. Same rules, right?

I'll be in CBT2 for those who want to hang during that time, though I'll be busy streaming, testing out the game and learning the story as I've not really played much of BDO. Still unsure whether I'll RP with my main character or an alt character at launch. Depends on how the servers are set up I guess.

Either way it's great to meet you all! Looking forward to playing~

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Heyo there, Wolfspirit here. 

I'm gonna play on EU, and RP as soon as I get the possibility. I've been rping for a good 12 years now, so yeah. I'm passionate to learn my lore about a game before I go into the RP. Me and some of my friends are considering make a guild together, for RP/PVE/PVP purposes. But will mostly focus on the RP. Thanks to the Game mechanics however we also hope to bring some RP-PVP into our fold, after many horrible attempts of such in other games :P, as the game as provided that characters can't just walk through eachother. Would be awesome to be able to make a proper shieldwall. I'll be in the CBT2 to test things out. so you may meet me there ;) 

I've been through the many Roleplaying systems, and ranks, both in political, military, noble and mercenary RP etc. So I feel like I'm well suited to set foot in this new frontier. Also got a skype up for the hype to BDO, where me and some of my friends who is gonna play it together, are discussing features of the game, and Guild plans. So hey! if you interested, do go ahead and send me a message. :D 

Edited by Wolfspirit1993
1 person likes this

Posted

This is a great idea for a thread! I'm Eira and I've been roleplaying for around four years or so in MMOs although I started off being introduced to RP through a few tabletop games. Through the years I've tried out a lot of the usual MMOs like SWTOR, TSW, GW2 and Wildstar. I adore RP, it's a real escape for me and I spend a lot of time writing lots of stories when I really get a sense for a character.

Massively looking forward to CBT2! Can't wait to get back into it, try out Tamer gameplay and run around everywhere I can exploring EVERYTHING! The game is just so beautiful and some of the cities and towns so vibrant that I just can't help but want to RP. The game is so alive and I look forward to sinking my time into it instead of getting on with my uni work >_>

It's fantastic that there seems to be such a positive vibe off some of the EU community I've spoken to. Looking forward to meeting all you lovely people in game!

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi there, I'm Grimmonsoon!

I'll be on the EU server. I suspect I'll stick to OOC gameplay for a few weeks before I start roleplaying properly. I currently have an astrologist wizard (or witchboy... seeing as I can't have a young wizard face), a female warrior (actually warrior... seeing as I can't have sensible female plate armour) and a boy tamer. If you hadn't guessed I like genderbending with the character creator ;)

I'm looking into starting an order of wandering knights - less militant, more like a brother/sisterhood - but I'm not sure I'll make it a clan as just an organisation people can claim they belong to. I'm more of a PvE than a PvP person but for the sake of this game, I'll try to learn! I'm looking forward trying out mounted combat too.

4 people like this

Posted

I currently have an astrologist wizard (or witchboy... seeing as I can't have a young wizard face), a female warrior (actually warrior... seeing as I can't have sensible female plate armour) and a boy tamer. If you hadn't guessed I like genderbending with the character creator ;)

Very cool. Can you post some examples of males as female classes or vice versa please?
I might make a topic about this on the general forum too.

Posted

Hi there, I'm Grimmonsoon!

I'll be on the EU server. I suspect I'll stick to OOC gameplay for a few weeks before I start roleplaying properly. I currently have an astrologist wizard (or witchboy... seeing as I can't have a young wizard face), a female warrior (actually warrior... seeing as I can't have sensible female plate armour) and a boy tamer. If you hadn't guessed I like genderbending with the character creator ;).

I'd also love to see your female warrior! I hate how female armor always manages to 'lose' pieces > ->; It's the reason I'm not sticking to my usual love of sword and shield for my BDO main.

If there's a way to make a female warrior it'll make my day.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi!

I'm Wubdor, also an EU RPer. Some might recognise me from Guild Wars 2, others might recognise me from YouTube, where I've been covering RP as well.

I've been playing BDO on the Korean server for a while now, though since the alpha I've not really touched it anymore. Been RPing for about 3 and a half years now (since GW2's launch) and been playing MMOs for nearly five times as long (RuneScape classic back when I was thirteen being my first MMO!).

I'll be playing a sorceress with the name Sarah, which I managed to reserve. I would've added a last name to my character, but I refuse to have underscores in my name. The plan is to her her be related (cousins) to my girlfriend's character so we can RP more; something we don't do enough together in GW2.

If anyone is curious, this is her: http://i.imgur.com/F53DzUl.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Hi Hetty here or Heddwen, as I'll be known on the EU servers.

I started RPing well over 15 years or so ago now though I haven't been particularly active the last few years. BDO looks like it could be a great platform to change all that and I'm really looking forward to joining the EU RP community when the game launches.

Hope to meet you all (Or at least as many as I can^^) in-game.

2 people like this

Posted

Hello fellow roleplayers!

My main character will be Klare Amane, a name I have used as my main in many games. SWTOR was the first MMO I ever payed and that is where I came across Rp for the first time. I have always been an active writer and have written countless stories so far, mainly horror based. I am currently in my first year at university, studying English with a focus on writing. Although I have tried several other MMos in the past few years I always stuck with ToR.  I had immense fun in that game, however, four years on I really needed a change of scenery. I have a good few people joining me on Black Desert, I am really looking forward to meeting as many new people as possible. I really want to hit the ground running in this game and be as helpful as possible to the community. As Faine has already mentioned there is a good group already using blackdesertroleplayers.com, it would be great if we could get as many people as possible involved, sharing ideas and helping each other feel a part of something. I look forward to hearing form ‘everyone’ both on the forums and in game!

Klare

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello guys!

I'm Natah here in the forums as well as ingame and I've only ever roleplayed in German and mostly in forum RPGs - I think I started with hat about 10 years ago. I've tried roleplaying in MMOs before, but was always too shy to pull through with it - but not this time! ò_ó

Since there won't be any German servers in BDO, I'm going to try and roleplay in English as well - hope I'll do okay in that regard. ='D My characters will be a travelling sorceress from Mediah and a young woman of far eastern descent living in the town of Keplan (she's a tamer, but not when IC). You can find out more about them on blackdesertroleplayers.com (or bd-rp.de if you're German).

I hope to meet you guys ingame one day!

4 people like this

Posted

Faine's fiancé reporting in. Just like the love of my life, I've been RPing for quite some time, well over a decade. Started aaaaaaall the way back on the Kingdom Hearts forums on GameFAQs. Those were some embarrassing days.

I'm still primarily a forum/e-mailish RPer (Googledocs4lyfe) And MMO RP always felt more like dabbling for me. Still, I'll be playing a grumpy giant and a sweet baker's daughter. And possibly a failed womanizer when the new classes come out. Because variety. Since Faine tends to drag me everywhere, you'll likely see me around!

5 people like this

Posted

Since Faine tends to drag me everywhere, you'll likely see me around!

He says this like it's a bad thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi! Gonzo here! 

I've been RPing since, well.. ages ago. Haven't RPed in an MMO since a few years back in Guild Wars 2, before that it was Dungeons and Dragons, the occasional LARP and other attempts at tabletop. Oh, and a brief stint of IRC RP 20-odd years ago. I've come to BDO because Faine is a walking propaganda machine and has done a good job at hyping me, despite me being skeptical before the beta. Then the beta won my heart and now I have all sorts of characters planned for the RPs! 

So, uh, hi!

4 people like this

Posted

Hi! Gonzo here! 

I've been RPing since, well.. ages ago. Haven't RPed in an MMO since a few years back in Guild Wars 2, before that it was Dungeons and Dragons, the occasional LARP and other attempts at tabletop. Oh, and a brief stint of IRC RP 20-odd years ago. I've come to BDO because Faine is a walking propaganda machine and has done a good job at hyping me, despite me being skeptical before the beta. Then the beta won my heart and now I have all sorts of characters planned for the RPs! 

So, uh, hi!

Welcome. Hope to see you, around the way :D

Posted

Another EU RPer reproting in! 

I began my young and naive RP days way back when with Harry Potter forum RP (always Slytherin of course). Those were the days! At the same time I also grew a huge interest for Tolkien and attended a lot of Tolkien themed larps. I eventually began playing WoW and RP'ed there before moving on to Rift. After I stopped playing Rift I have sort of drifted around between various games, not really finding that "spark" until now. When I first saw photage from Black Desert I knew this was a world I wanted to immerse myself in. 

Hoping there will be a lot of fun RP between the lot of us and that we'll be able to create some really awesome stories together. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi. (sorry for my English)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Very cool. Can you post some examples of males as female classes or vice versa please?I might make a topic about this on the general forum too.

I'd also love to see your female warrior! I hate how female armor always manages to 'lose' pieces > ->; It's the reason I'm not sticking to my usual love of sword and shield for my BDO main.

If there's a way to make a female warrior it'll make my day.

Sure, here you go, have a bonus male sorc too (sadly only a partial success - impossible to scale the chest down and the jiggle is always noticeable). I can't share the CC for the witchboy and ladywarrior as I'm maining both and don't want to run into any clones, but I'll give tamer and sorc to whoever wants them. I'd love to see more genderbent characters defying the expectations of the character creator!

wizaaaard.JPG.b804ee06da93e1d0538071f494 3523530.jpg 

SV095R4.jpg jcI7om2.jpg

Edited by Grimmonsoon
8 people like this

Posted

Sure, here you go, have a bonus male sorc too (sadly only a partial success - impossible to scale the chest down and the jiggle is always noticeable). I can't share the CC for the witchboy and ladywarrior as I'm maining both and don't want to run into any clones, but I'll give tamer and sorc to whoever wants them. I'd love to see more genderbent characters defying the expectations of the character creator!

SV095R4.jpg jcI7om2.jpg

Oh soooooooo excellently done! Flippin' awesome!!!!!

May I use your examples? I tried myself but none of mine can touch yours!

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh soooooooo excellently done! Flippin' awesome!!!!!

May I use your examples? I tried myself but none of mine can touch yours!

Hmm. How about you post the genderbending thread you had in mind, and I'll put my pictures on there?

Posted

Deal.
Look on the 'General' page in a couple of minutes...

Posted

SV095R4.jpg jcI7om2.jpg

That warrior though! Clearly I'll have to try harder with the creator. Hopefully it'll take me the remaining week until CBT2 > ->

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That warrior though! Clearly I'll have to try harder with the creator. Hopefully it'll take me the remaining week until CBT2 > ->

I know, right? Change the eye colour to blue and that is how I pictured Brienne of Tarth before the show of Game of Thrones came out.

3523530.jpg

Edited by Obosi