• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[OOC] EU roleplayers, say hello!

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know, right? Change the eye colour to blue and that is how I pictured Brienne of Tarth before the show of Game of Thrones came out.

Heh, I actually deliberately avoided giving her blue eyes so she wouldn't look like an outright Brienne ripoff (despite Brienne being a big influence, naturally). I also made her a joke/challenge to myself after making so many female-classes-turned-male... then I fell in love with her and made her my rp main D: 

Let's not get too off-topic though! This is meant to be an introductions thread after all.

Edited by Grimmonsoon

Posted

Hi! Another EU roleplayer here, In game I'm going to play with a Witch called Ariadne, I hope we'll see soon

2 people like this

Posted

Hey again everyone. Just wanted to let you know, that I've begun making a series of Logo's. As far as I remember reading, one is able to bring a png picture into the BDO game and use it as a Guild logo. If so, I have a few here that is adoptable, and that I've made. Just let me know if your want one and we'll figure something out ^^ They are Basic But  I do think they can fit in the BDO Theme.

Logo_Tests.thumb.png.d36109a333a2b2db4e9

6 people like this

Posted

Hey again everyone. Just wanted to let you know, that I've begun making a series of Logo's. As far as I remember reading, one is able to bring a png picture into the BDO game and use it as a Guild logo. If so, I have a few here that is adoptable, and that I've made. Just let me know if your want one and we'll figure something out ^^ They are Basic But  I do think they can fit in the BDO Theme.

Some great designs there, matey. Maybe you can get commisions from guilds do design their logo.

Posted

Hello everybody!

I've been roleplaying on and off for most of my adult years, and my first mmo rp experience started with the launch of Lord of the Rings Online back in the days. Some might remember me from the Guild Wars 2 RP community where I've been the most active in recent years. (Aside from GW you can also find me in ESO, SWTOR and The Secret World.)

I got re-aquainted with Black Desert Online through enthusiastic posts on the GW2 Roleplayers' page. So I checked out this page, tried to create and account and - And this is a little embarassing - only to realise I had already perordered the game way back when it was first possible. So yeah, that happened. Thanks brain.

Anyway, I'm (now) a happy preorderer and I hope to meet some/all of you in game, and look forward to a creative/amazing time in BDO!

6 people like this

Posted

Hello everybody!

I've been roleplaying on and off for most of my adult years, and my first mmo rp experience started with the launch of Lord of the Rings Online back in the days. Some might remember me from the Guild Wars 2 RP community where I've been the most active in recent years. (Aside from GW you can also find me in ESO, SWTOR and The Secret World.)

I got re-aquainted with Black Desert Online through enthusiastic posts on the GW2 Roleplayers' page. So I checked out this page, tried to create and account and - And this is a little embarassing - only to realise I had already perordered the game way back when it was first possible. So yeah, that happened. Thanks brain.

Anyway, I'm (now) a happy preorderer and I hope to meet some/all of you in game, and look forward to a creative/amazing time in BDO!

Welcome (back) to the community then ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

I suppose I should introduce myself as well then, even though I am a bit rubbish at intros. 

I am still relatively new to Roleplaying with just about 2.5 years of experience under my belt. Though I have always been lurking and observing and appreciating roleplayers in all the MMO's that I have played (UO, WoW, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Aion, SWOTR and several others) it's only been recently that I have engaged in it myself and I have been loving it ever since. The creativity and added layer of immersion it brings to gaming is a wonderful experience that I look forward to sharing with you all. 

6 people like this

Posted

Hi hi!

I've been roleplaying for many years (most of them on tabletop and LARP). On MMOs I roleplayed on WoW, Gw2, Ragnarok, Archeage, NeverWinter nights 1... I come here mainly to roleplay (i didn't rp'ed online for more than a year and I miss it. So, I'm glad to see there will be many RPs. Hope to see you there.

PS: I'm going to play on EU server.

2 people like this

Posted

Hello everybody!

Yay! Cri \o/ my partner in crime at being ignorant bartenders! Velf is still selling scrimble in a completely different bar on a completely different character.

Posted (edited)

Hello everybody,

This thread is a nice idea, it looks like there will be plenty of RP in BDO, really looking forward to it.
Like many others, I've been roleplaying most of my life, starting with Pen & Paper (Das Schwarze Auge [The Black Eye] and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, still playing D&D 3.5 today).
I was struck by total excitement when I first heard of Ultima Online (being a big fan of the single player Ultimas) and that's where RPing in MMORPGs started for me - those were the days.

Despite having tried a lot of other MMORPGs, the feeling I had while playing UO never came back - until BDO CBT1. I was so excited to explore and experience the rich and vibrant world and got totally hyped.
So I do have high hopes in BDO to become a long term safe haven, and I am looking forward to experiencing a lot of fine RP  with all of you.

Have a nice weekend all of you!

~DS~

Edited by Daemmersucher
3 people like this

Posted

Yay! Cri \o/ my partner in crime at being ignorant bartenders! Velf is still selling scrimble in a completely different bar on a completely different character.

*lol* We were fantastically bad weren't we. Ah, good times! No way, really? Still made from apples? Well, mainly apples...

Welcome Caelin, deadhel86 and Dämmersucher! 

2 people like this

Posted

Hello everybody!

I'm not particularly good at introduction post thingies, as I usually just start in a game, get a character going and see where I end up. But here's one anyway!

I hail from Flemish Belgium, 30something in age if not wisdom, and generally rather shy, both IRL and in RP. But once you get to know me I become very (too?) chatty! 
:)

I love down-to-earth, non-save-the-world roleplay, usually on a private scale, as big groups tend to shut me down! However I enjoy helping out with events and the like!

My MMO-road has been one well-trevelled; I started as a kid with Ultima Online on a 56k modem (kchhh kchhh beep), then went to Dark Age of Camelot, Acheron's Call 2, Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest 2, Vanguard, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars The Old Republic, Lord of the Rings Online, Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online.

I've had a lot of reservations about BDO due to never having liked a korean mmo before (tried RF Online, Forsaken World, Tera, Aion, Archeage, disliked them all) but with watching videos left and right, and seeing the rising enthusiasm of people aro!und me has made me a cautious believer, and enticed me to sin against my personal never-preorder-rule.

In real life I'm fairly boring; I like videogames of all sorts, spending time in the kitchen pretending to be able to cook, lots of Netflixing and drinking coffee (also lots). 
And even though I'm not the greatest talent, I do love writing stories 
:)

I hope to meet many of you in game, or serve you in Ambre's Herbs & Oils Shoppe! http://www.blackdesertroleplayers.com/forum/m/33755660/viewthread/26075972-eu-ambres-herbs-oils-wip

Thanks for reading! 

6 people like this

Posted

Hello!

I'm Lanna! I've been roleplaying for far longer than I'd like to confess, but online in mmo it's been since the early days of Star Wars Galaxies. I've also been in WoW, Champions Online and Age of Conan before I settled down in Guild Wars 2 where I've stayed for the last 3 years. I managed to dodge the hype train for a long time, but it's caught me now and I just can't stop playing with that character creator. I haven't tried any of the betas yet, so I have a lot of catching up to do, but either way, come game time I will be all about the roleplay.

Apart from that, I live in the frosty north, I'm a big horror junky, I love cats, drink tea, play a lot of board games, I think zombie films are romantic and do a bit of larping on the side.

Hope to see you lot in game!

5 people like this

Posted

Been playing several MMO's ranging from Champions Online, Rift, Star Trek Online, Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Wildstar, Blade & Soul, Star Wars TOR.

Started diving in to RP with Wildstar, then a while in Second Life, then in Guild Wars 2.

So far B*S isnt doing that much for me in that regards, so Im curious to see what Black Desert will bring.

As for some personal info, I hail from the Netherlands.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Here's the second batch of Adoptable crests. I hope you guys like them. I really hope to see some of them as well ingame if people wants to adopt these, They are in need of proper home and family, so don't be shy.

LogoTest2.thumb.png.219ad83d21e98dfb249f

So that makes 12 crests in all that I've shared. If you're interested in me making you a special one, go ahead and send me a pm and we can talk it out ^^

Edited by Wolfspirit1993

Posted (edited)

Hi!

I'm Wubdor, also an EU RPer. Some might recognise me from Guild Wars 2, others might recognise me from YouTube, where I've been covering RP as well.

I've been playing BDO on the Korean server for a while now, though since the alpha I've not really touched it anymore. Been RPing for about 3 and a half years now (since GW2's launch) and been playing MMOs for nearly five times as long (RuneScape classic back when I was thirteen being my first MMO!).

I'll be playing a sorceress with the name Sarah, which I managed to reserve. I would've added a last name to my character, but I refuse to have underscores in my name. The plan is to her her be related (cousins) to my girlfriend's character so we can RP more; something we don't do enough together in GW2.

If anyone is curious, this is her: http://i.imgur.com/F53DzUl.jpg

Hii! I've got you on my friendslist on GW2, I'm Evelyn Goldenhearth there :3 (Are you Allysae? Sorry if that's misspelled!)

Also, yeah, hi everyone! As said above, I RP'd on WoW for 8 years before heading over to GW2 and RPing there for a couple of years now. I cannot wait for BDO to hit release! Reserved the char name Torvi Vargas, should anyone wanna add me by then. :-)

Edited by Odinsdatter
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hi! 

Been roleplaying for around 11-12 years, and i am 24 now. 
Living in Denmark.
I have rp'ed in MMO's, LARP, Tabletop, Forum, Chat, Freeform dice and so forth... More or less everything i could get my hands on :P
Going to play as a warrior with the character name: Nerh Pradexes.

I have also been pondering of making a mercenary guild / a guild that actually hire mercenaries! OR a NPC guild that will be making events for others / can be hired. but i have yet to decide nor work on the idea as i have IRL stuff to take care off as i recently moved. 

I will be looking forward to seeing many of you in CBT2   O/

Edited by Nerh
1 person likes this

Posted

Hi! 

Been roleplaying for around 11-12 years, and i am 24 now. 
Living in Denmark.
I have rp'ed in MMO's, LARP, Tabletop, Forum, Chat, Freeform dice and so forth... More or less everything i could get my hands on :P
Going to play as a warrior with the character name: Nerh Pradexes.

I have also been pondering of making a mercenary guild / a guild that actually hire mercenaries! OR a NPC guild that will be making events for others / can be hired. but i have yet to decide nor work on the idea as i have IRL stuff to take care off as i recently moved. 

I will be looking forward to seeing many of you in CBT2   O/

Woop! Long live Denmark! 

1 person likes this

Posted

hello! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello all! Glad to see this thread about the EU-RolePlayers!~

I'm, well, I don't have a 'solid' online NickName, and I always have different Character names. But feel free to call me Silvia I guess!

I currently live in the Netherlands, I've been adopted at a young age (I think when I was Two?) and have been living with my Family ever since.

I've been Roleplaying for... 7-8 years, started out pretty bad, breaking rules, being the general 'Special Snowflake' if one still calls them that.

But I learned fast and even though I failed at first I wanted to keep going since, well, I had (Still have) a lot of fantasy and I want to use this Fantasy of mine to join in RPs.

I'm ... Not too familiar with the Lore in this game, so if anyone is able to help me with that (And is willing of course), I would be very grateful!

Also, I am looking for an EU RP Guild, anyone here that is recruiting? (If I am allowed to ask that here?)

@Faine Fun to see that you live in the Netherlands! Do you speak dutch aswell? Or maybe still learning?

3 people like this

Posted

Hi. *waves*

I'll be on the EU side of things. Been RPing for 3 years, started in gw2. Somehow people think that i RPed for longer, while i think i am not even that great. (Maybe it's the effort?)

And i just want to complaint hat this game has too many Dutch people already xD

2 people like this

Posted

I'm ... Not too familiar with the Lore in this game, so if anyone is able to help me with that (And is willing of course), I would be very grateful!
Also, I am looking for an EU RP Guild, anyone here that is recruiting? (If I am allowed to ask that here?)

@Faine Fun to see that you live in the Netherlands! Do you speak dutch aswell? Or maybe still learning?

I'm still learning! :D By which I mean I'm pretty rubbish at it right now haha.

As for guilds, we've got a few forming EU side over on blackdesertroleplayers.com. Not many yet, but I'm sure their numbers will grow once more people have had time to experience the game for themselves. We're also compiling as much lore as we can get our hands on over there too.

1 person likes this

Posted

Like Pinkpachirishu said also.
I feel like a newbie to the scene, I only really RP'd continuously on forums and chats and on image websites. In game RP seemed to always eveade me and coming into this alone feels very daunting!
I live in Scotland, and hope to be able to keep up with the other more established mmo rpers, even if at first I will lurk and learn.

1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings all!
I hail from WoW and Gw2, I've been roleplaying for several years and I'm hoping this will be the game that I can say "Yes, this is for the roleplayers too!"
Looking forward to seeing this in action.
Always keen to make contact with fellow rpers. I'm unsure what to roleplay as yet. O.o

Joe-
1 person likes this

Posted

My highest level so far is 13 right now and im still in the PVE areas I think, if anyone is on Jordine, Calpheon maybe we can party and get to know each other till the launch and guilds/groups are founded.