• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Explorer Event Series

319 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm ready for my red nose armor bundle.

Posted

ne happy this might attract new players to the game which is good. And btw. Most of the rewards players gain are rewards we got in previous events. 

Well new players? What for? Servers are crowded? (atleast the one I'm on).

and most rewards they gain are items we never got?
Event outfits? Merv's Palette 7 days? Event horse outfits? Items we received x 3? Settlement pack?

No offence, but most items we got are x1 and they get it x3 or 4? Yeah no thanks. I know where their attention is focused :P

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

CASHFLOW??!?!?!!!!!!

Edited by biggnurt
typo

Posted

1. New Explorer Event

random shit for new players. ok cool

2. Returning Explorer Event

random shit for players that haven't played in awhile. ok also cool w/e.

3. Loyal Explorer Event

3. ALL PLAYERS.

"We haven’t forgotten about the many active Players that continue to log in daily and play this fantastic game, we’ve included a event for you!"

this implies that loyal players get something. they don't. ALL players get the same thing. so just be honest and say that loyal players are worth less than returning and new, because that's exactly what this event demonstrates.

Posted (edited)

Will beer be deleted after event?

Edited by Meereele
1 person likes this

Posted

wELL, I had not played from august 18 and misunderstood - indeed i had not even read it, just been told about it-  that returning explorer event, entered a monthe later (aroun september20th) and then realized I am not "qualified" for having logged for just a few minutes since july.

Not the best idea to get players back Now i won't enter again if i just want to spend some time in the game just in case you decide to launch another "returning player" event only if you haven't played since...  Not that i am pissed off for not getting the rewards, but just my character will be better not playing at all than logging for loyalties  or crafting ocasionally.

Not really well played, Daum..

Posted

Doesn't this benefit new players and ppl who HAVEN'T been playing the most? <.< since they'll get to partake in 2 events, while those of us who's been playing this whole time only get to partake in 1 event? :c Not to sound greedy or rude, just curious. Like Jojo said, this isn't an event for "loyal" players, it's for "come back old players" or "I hope this will attract new players" mostly :/ 

PS: It's not all bad though :3 Thank you for another Penguin for example @CM_Tytyes

Unless its been answered before, even if they came back its better for them to have this so they even get a slight chance at catching up, even if they got 100m from this event, it wouldent be close to being anything decent geared.

Posted

I've been playing this game for 3 months and these events have been terrific and very lucrative. I will say the amount of whiners on this thread is just unbelievable. Half the posts must be from 14 year olds who have no life other than playing BDO.

Posted

1million players open "boss armor box"
*waiting*
999999 players get rednose armor
*waiting*
900000 players logs out

Posted

5. Berserker Awakening Event

• Start: September 28th, 2016 (After Maintenance)

• End: October 19th, 2016 (With Maintenance)

• Requirements: Log in and either kill monsters, gather resources with the various life skills, or get your fish on..

Event Categories:

• Combat: Increased chance at receiving Black Stone (Armor & Weapon) drops.

• Gathering: Increased chance at receiving Hard and Sharp Black Stone Shards.

• Fishing: Increased chance at receiving Ancient Relic Crystal Shards

I have to make another heartfelt plea that you guys consider making this "Event" a standard/baseline for the game. I can truly understand and respect the design philosophy that "Greatness is not given but earned" at the same time you have to keep in mind that this is a game... A game that most people associate with having some of the most brutal APRG combat in an MMO since PC gaming went online. The thing most new comers weren't expecting was how incredibly time consuming it is to gear a single character for high end PvP due to RNG in your RNG's RNG, most of which is heavily stacked against the player base.

I'm not asking that you guys just hand us gear effortlessly like certain other MMO's, simply asking that you guys give us some glimmer of hope to actually play with the "End game" crew without having the need to quit our jobs and kill our social lives in the process.

I stress this even more so now considering the hidden change in a recent patch that altered the energy regeneration ratio from 1en every 30 minutes offline to 1en every hour while offline, this quite effectively crippled the flow of Hard and Sharp shards as the only viable things left for En use were Gathering/Nodes/Amity/Night Vendor.

Posted

Gathering: Increased chance at receiving Hard and Sharp Black Stone Shards

Please can you clarify if this will also impact the drop rate from Farming?

Need to know if its worth pulling all my contribution and putting it into farms

Posted

no its not for farming only gathering

Posted

5. Berserker Awakening Event
  • Start: September 28th, 2016 (After Maintenance)

• End: October 19th, 2016 (With Maintenance)

• Requirements: Log in and either kill monsters, gather resources with the various life skills, or get your fish on..

Event Categories:

How about increased hard/sharp fragments from farming (and adding them to kill bugs action). Our hoes want some love too you know not only gatherer hoes.

Posted

I feel this is fair, I know how some players feel no lifing a game so you can kill people with no effort is pro, but in reality most players are almost at the top anyway and them no lifers have nothing left that they can do to give them a drastic advantage. Making them no better than literally any other player (which is why everyone in some toxic PvP guilds has started no life leveling as a last resort to keep their advantage even if only a little). I mean comon PvP on this game is pretty brain dead already and now we are drastically increasing ap and ignoring dp, its going to be whoever hits first. I feel without a doubt when all the new players catch up alot of toxic (I'm so good, not gs at all) players will simply leave. I'm sorry but you aren't good with GS/Class/Skill Now its becoming Class/Skill/Gs and people dont like it. If anything this is great, PvP is actually becoming challenging now, and its noone elses fault that you spent 10 hours a day grinding so you could get in a top PvP guild thats all you. I cant wait to see a castle being ruled by a different guild every week, what could be more exciting than having friendly rivalries all fighting it out in massive wars. Sounds much better than 1 guild who have more hours ingame than out game spamming chat with stories about how great they are.

P.S I seen a guild go bat crazy over 4v1ing in a NW and not dying. When in reality the 4 guilds only fielded 20 each and the 1 guild had 90 and was forced into turtling the entire fight. It's things like this that show how toxic and how illogical people at the top will be just to have that moment of fame where noone cares but they just think they do etc. So it's about time we let the more mature players who want fun to have a taste at what its like to be geared.

Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

Note: Please be aware that you will not be able to summon 2 Penguins at once in game, we advise you to either exchange them to get a better one, or pick your preferred one. (Even if they're both super cute...)

Question:

Does this mean, if we take your advice and exchange our 2 Penguins to get a better one, we can still loose their unique fishing-AFK reduction power, with no way to get a 3rd Penguin and get that power back?

@CM_Aethon

@CM_Praballo

@CM_Tytyes

Posted

What... efforts? Lucking on RNG? Farming silver on brainless AI mobs and sniping the AH? Damn, you truly have a weird definition of efforts.

i was about to rant about the past efforts.. but then this comment destroyed my hope of doing so, leaving a feeling of shame in the deeps of my soul, those who have played long have sniped.. i sniped you sniped we sniped 24/7 and 30~/12 on marketboard waiting... watching... 

Posted

Question:

Does this mean, if we take your advice and exchange our 2 Penguins to get a better one, we can still loose their unique fishing-AFK reduction power, with no way to get a 3rd Penguin and get that power back?

@CM_Aethon

@CM_Praballo

@CM_Tytyes

the unique unique fishing-AFK reduction on the base penguin is suppose to stay, like any other breeding unless they are giving us poisened gift

Posted

the unique unique fishing-AFK reduction on the base penguin is suppose to stay, like any other breeding unless they are giving us poisened gift

I thought tiering up a pet had the potential to result in a change of its special skill, such as hostile detection on dogs becoming something else and all that. Is there reason to expect otherwise in this case?

Posted

Event Categories:

Is this working as intended? Last iterations of these events yielded many more drops for myself, friends, and guildies.

We're seeing far fewer black stones, relics, hard and sharps across the board. 

Anyone else experiencing this or is it just some crazy RNG?

I've blown through 500 energy and got 1 sharp and 2 hard shards which is pretty lackluster for me at Artisan 6 gathering without the event.. 

Posted

Is this working as intended? Last iterations of these events yielded many more drops for myself, friends, and guildies.

I've blown through 500 energy and got 1 sharp and 2 hard shards which is pretty lackluster for me at Artisan 6 gathering without the event.. 

I don't know about the gathering categories, but the relic event seems to be broken. I've been fishing for about 6 hours and I've gotten 1 single relic at an abundant spot. That's active and afk fishing mixed, since I've been sitting here. I've often gotten more from a single white fishing rod afk overnight.

Event is either broken, or total bs. It seems to be effectively giving less to me.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been talking to guildies and friends and they are finding as am I that black stones aren't dropping at the rate as last black stone events and I had a similar experience as you did fishing. I noticed no increase in drop rates. Just got the same average amount of relics as I do with normal fishing. 

I think something fishy is going on!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I agree with the above posters. Not sure if it's just RNG, but I've been experiencing a decrease in the drop rate of Ancient Relic Crystal Shards while fishing (both manual or afk) in an abundant area since the event started.

Edited by Misiu

Posted

so i'm not crazy or with a very bad rng....  used around 1500 energy (in 4 days) 4 sharp and 7 hard, that is very very bad

Plz fix it!!!

Posted

so i'm not crazy or with a very bad rng....  used around 1500 energy (in 4 days) 4 sharp and 7 hard, that is very very bad

Plz fix it!!!

Same here, my rates for gathering shards is usually 4 shards per 500 energy or 1/125. With a lucky/magic tool, it goes up to about 1/85. Now I'm not one to jump to conclusions, since getting 0 shards in 500 energy is actually reasonably likely, however, I noticed that the price for shards has gone up on the market.

Market prices don't go up when drop rates go up. They go down, since everybody should be getting way more of that item and flooding the market.
This alone tells me the drop rates aren't working correctly, as the prices on shards right now (edan) is the highest I've seen it since the 1st shard event ended 3 weeks ago.