• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Artisan Memory now available for Pearls

93 posts in this topic

Posted

So valks cry with next awakening patch?  At this point it seems inevitable.  Boss repairs now cost half as much if you spend $$.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cash shop users will now be able to repair their durability 3x faster than those who can't buy from cash shop. Pay for convenience! *sarcasm*

See you next patch Mr. Valks Cry.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Boss armor repair costs just cut by 2/3.  Not sure how anyone can argue this isn't pw2.

Edited by Idunaz
2 people like this

Posted

how much pay for convenience = p2w?

its already pretty clear someone who doesn't spend money on the game cant keep up, even with pets and shit on the market place

2 people like this

Posted

This is huge. A person who doesn't buy this and needs 300 frags for their boss armor repair will be spending so much more $ and/or time than the guy who spends $60 bucks and scoops these up and needs only 100 frags.

Posted

I'm appalled by this.

I didn't rage about selling cash shop items in the market, I've swallowed all these pay for(massive) convenience crap added over time, thinking this company still had a sliver of decency. But this shit...I'm terrified now. What's next in the Pearl Store, boss lucky armor blingbling boxes? For sure Valk's Cry is coming to.

I feel so stupid. Been so gullible believing the whole "no p2w" that was promised prior to the game's Western release. This game is clearly going the full p2w route like in other versions. Now you can basically double your amount of Memory Fragment for real life money(meanwhile you cant even buy fragments in the market normally due to high demand).

3 people like this

Posted

Boss armor repair costs just cut by 2/3.  Not sure how anyone can argue this isn't pw2.

Because p2w is a loose term open to interpretation.   

Can someone pay and get good gear? yes.  Are people in game still able to obtain the exact same gear, via time?  Yes.  Then it is not p2w by my own opinion of what p2w means.  You can pay or you can put in the time.  One just gets there faster.  This isn't white-knighting, its just a different opinion of what p2w means.  Alot of the anti-p2w over everything in the cashshop also stems from how much people compare themselves to others.  Personally, I dont care one bit how much faster someone can get something or how much better their gear is.  As long as I'm able to have fun doing what I want to do and have the option to obtain the same things via in game time, then I honestly don't care.  

You can think it's p2w, thats neither right nor wrong. It's an opinion based around a very loose terminology. 

6 people like this

Posted

pathetic greedy company.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because p2w is a loose term open to interpretation.   

Can someone pay and get good gear? yes.  Are people in game still able to obtain the exact same gear, via time?  Yes.  Then it is not p2w by my own opinion of what p2w means.  You can pay or you can put in the time.  One just gets there faster.  This isn't white-knighting, its just a different opinion of what p2w means.  Alot of the anti-p2w over everything in the cashshop also stems from how much people compare themselves to others.  Personally, I dont care one bit how much faster someone can get something or how much better their gear is.  As long as I'm able to have fun doing what I want to do and have the option to obtain the same things via in game time, then I honestly don't care.  

You can think it's p2w, thats neither right nor wrong. It's an opinion based around a very loose terminology. 

Then you have no problem with Real Money > Ingame Money as well since the current ratio is the same as Age of Wushu when it comes to the amount of money you sell Pearls Items in Market Place.

Somehow the milking strategy is very similar to Age of Wushu and yet that game is Pay2Win and this game is not. Oh wait, it took people 2 years to finally acknowledge Age of Wushu is Pay2Win.

You can try anyway you want, but this game is Pay2Win since you can use REAL MONEY to save time, get advantage and upgrade gears as fastest as possible in an PvP Open World game, that is P2W in anyway, any form.

Posted

@Plunge please share your thoughts on this 

@MoZex  adding you for the laughs when Plunge speaks

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

s

Edited by Mizore

Posted

Man I love this game but I can hardly defend it anymore.. I'll continue playing but they are just so MASSIVELY STUPID; I'm disappointed.

Yeah.  Pretty obvious at this point that they aren't even trying to feign non-p2w.  They get bolder with each patch.  They'll see the $$ the whales pay for these artisan memory frags and justify it as being wanted, and decide what the next item to add to the cash shop will be.  This will be a snowball effect, and you can bet that within a few months it will get absurd with what they are offering for cash.

Posted (edited)

Then you have no problem with Real Money > Ingame Money as well since the current ratio is the same as Age of Wushu when it comes to the amount of money you sell Pearls Items in Market Place.

Somehow the milking strategy is very similar to Age of Wushu and yet that game is Pay2Win and this game is not. Oh wait, it took people 2 years to finally acknowledge Age of Wushu is Pay2Win.

You can try anyway you want, but this game is Pay2Win since you can use REAL MONEY to save time, get advantage and upgrade gears as fastest as possible in an PvP Open World game, that is P2W in anyway, any form.

I clearly said I don't care as long I can realistically achieve the same thing in game.  

People can use REAL MONEY to save time and gain an advantage. So what? Other people can spend 60+ hours a week to gain even more advantage than the cashshop provides, yet no one has a problem with that. You have a better chance of catching up to a casher than a no-lifer.  Both are external factors contributing to people gaining an advantage.  The one people have a problem is the one they don't have. 

Honestly, people are way too concerned over what other people are spending their money or time on. 

Edited by Silchas_Ruin
4 people like this

Posted

@Plunge please share your thoughts on this 

@MoZex  adding you for the laughs when Plunge speaks

I'll reply for Plunge! Can i ? Nvm. I'll do it anyways.

IT STILL REQUIRES YOU TO PLAY TO REPAIR YOUR STUFF ! So not p2w cause it doesnt instantly repair your stuff ! Where is your SOURCE on how you can win by repairing your stuff ? Its just convenience. Also you can get it with loyalty.

(Yeah be ready to see something like that, roughly.)

I'll reply for MoZex too! Actually i cant, i did not study MoZex enough.

Anyways, thats super p2w. Valks cry coming, they need to double the amount of cash earnings with the Artisan Memory. 

Posted

wtb valks cry!

Posted

How does Artisan's Memory work?  Do you need one for each memory fragment used?  

Posted

P2W

giphy_(4).thumb.gif.2472d8e4d3e3d25d240b

1 person likes this

Posted

Meh. By my personal metrics of what is P2W this is not P2W so I'm not bothered by it.

Posted

This is the real pay to win.

Posted

I can't say that I'm mad about this because I'm sure as hell going to be taking advantage of this.

Posted

I find it odd they keep making these moves pre-f2p transition. At this rate, the only p2w staple left to add after the conversion will be BiS gear on the CS.

Posted

How does Artisan's Memory work?  Do you need one for each memory fragment used?  

Yes. The Artisan Memory increases the durability you recover from 1 memory frag. In this case, instead of getting 1 dura recovered from 1 memory frag on a piece of boss gear, you'd get 3 dura recovered.  So people who pay for this will have 1/3 the cost to upgrade/repair their boss armor than people who don't. In a game where only money and time can speed up your battle against RNG, this ends up creating a massive gap between the haves and have-nots.

Posted

Why do they hate us? I  just want to keep playing this game but every update makes it harder and harder to justify to myself to keep playing.

Posted

I'm appalled by this.

I didn't rage about selling cash shop items in the market, I've swallowed all these pay for(massive) convenience crap added over time, thinking this company still had a sliver of decency. But this shit...I'm terrified now. What's next in the Pearl Store, boss lucky armor blingbling boxes? For sure Valk's Cry is coming to.

I feel so stupid. Been so gullible believing the whole "no p2w" that was promised prior to the game's Western release. This game is clearly going the full p2w route like in other versions. Now you can basically double your amount of Memory Fragment for real life money(meanwhile you cant even buy fragments in the market normally due to high demand).

unfortunately that seems to be the business model nowadays. Appeal to consumers jaded by p2w games by promising you understand them then slowly sneak in p2w elements over time. The worst part is that BdO has completely shattered any hopes I had that a company nowadays will do anything but that. They played us so well and everyone ate it up and those who didn't were silenced by supporters. Sadly now it's too late because the community is largely in support it seems since everyone else quit.

:(

Posted

I'll give you plunges reply:

It's not p2w cause you can buy them in loyalty shop.

Lmfao